Posted to rec.food.cooking
PickyJaz

Default Ping: Michael Dog3

Michael, since you do use daikons you may like to try the salad I
questioned the onion smell over. I think I cut the recipe from Cook's
Country, though not positive, but it was offered by Christina Keyes of
New Mexico. Here's the recipe, with my changes in parenths:

Asian Coleslaw
7 cups shredded Napa cabbage
1 cup shredded red cabbage
1 cup chopped daikon radish
1 cup chopped green onions (1/2 cup)
1 cup loosely packed fresh cilantro leaves (parsley)
1 cup frozen green peas, thawed
3 Tbsp. sesame seeds (toasted)
3/4 cup reduced-fat mayonaise (regular fat)
3 Tbsp. white wine vinegar (cider vinegar)
1 Tbsp. soy sauce
1/2 tsp dark sesame oil (oil was also toasted)
1/4 tsp. ground red pepper (1 Tbsp. Chipotle oil)
1/4 cup sliced almonds (1/2 cup toasted)

Combine first seven iongredients in a large bowl. Combine mayo and
next 4 ingredients (through pepper), stirring with a whisk. Add mayo
mixture to cabbage mix, toss well to combine. Sprinkle with almonds.
Cover and chill at least 1 hour before serving. Yield: 12 servings
(serving size about 2/3 ncup coleslaw and 1 tsp. almonds.

I cannot enjoy cilantro, and the other ingredient changes were only
based of what was on hand. I also chilled this overnight to serve at
lunch on the next day, and even the leftover salad was very good on the
second day.

Picky