Posted to rec.food.cooking
Dee Randall

Default Cut the cheese - cake [pic]

Had a piece this morning of yesterday's efforts.
Here it is:
http://tinypic.com/mc91rd.jpg

It was rather moist, not high. I liked the carmel-like glaze that the top
became; very tasty.

I note that some one recipe posted called for 200 degrees, after a 350
start. One was 550? and then 200º. Mine was 400 and then 275. But when I
turned off the oven, I put in my new thermometer (on the left side of the
oven and not in the center) it registered 325º-350º.

I had some German brand (not overly sweetened) blueberry preserves/jam and
put a dab of it on my plate after eating half of the slice. I froze a few
slices.

We liked the taste and consider it not a failure.
Dee Dee

Posted to rec.food.cooking
cathyxyz

Dee Randall wrote:
> Had a piece this morning of yesterday's efforts.
> Here it is:
> http://tinypic.com/mc91rd.jpg

<snip>

> We liked the taste and consider it not a failure.
> Dee Dee

Looks good! I love cheese cake...

Cheers
Cathy(xyz)

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Christine Dabney

On Sun, 22 Jan 2006 11:16:33 -0500, "Dee Randall"
> wrote:

>Had a piece this morning of yesterday's efforts.
>Here it is:
>http://tinypic.com/mc91rd.jpg
>
>It was rather moist, not high. I liked the carmel-like glaze that the top
>became; very tasty.

That looks great!!!! Absolutely picture perfect. If I didn't know
better, I would swear you bought it!!!
Good job!

Christine
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Pandora

Beautiful! Very nice! I like cheesecake like this! Not very high, with no
cream over!
Cheers
Pandora
"Dee Randall" > ha scritto nel messaggio
> Had a piece this morning of yesterday's efforts.
> Here it is:
> http://tinypic.com/mc91rd.jpg
>
> It was rather moist, not high. I liked the carmel-like glaze that the top
> became; very tasty.

> I note that some one recipe posted called for 200 degrees, after a 350
> start. One was 550? and then 200º. Mine was 400 and then 275. But when I
> turned off the oven, I put in my new thermometer (on the left side of the
> oven and not in the center) it registered 325º-350º.
>
> I had some German brand (not overly sweetened) blueberry preserves/jam and
> put a dab of it on my plate after eating half of the slice. I froze a few
> slices.
>
> We liked the taste and consider it not a failure.
> Dee Dee

Posted to rec.food.cooking
~patches~

Dee Randall wrote:

> Had a piece this morning of yesterday's efforts.
> Here it is:
> http://tinypic.com/mc91rd.jpg
>
> It was rather moist, not high. I liked the carmel-like glaze that the top
> became; very tasty.
>
> I note that some one recipe posted called for 200 degrees, after a 350
> start. One was 550? and then 200º. Mine was 400 and then 275. But when I
> turned off the oven, I put in my new thermometer (on the left side of the
> oven and not in the center) it registered 325º-350º.
>
> I had some German brand (not overly sweetened) blueberry preserves/jam and
> put a dab of it on my plate after eating half of the slice. I froze a few
> slices.
>
> We liked the taste and consider it not a failure.
> Dee Dee

Dee, that is really nice looking! I think it is time to get my feet wet
and try making a baked cheesecake. Very nice job

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Sheldon

Dee Randall wrote:
> Had a piece this morning of yesterday's efforts.
> Here it is:
> http://tinypic.com/mc91rd.jpg
>
> It was rather moist, not high. I liked the carmel-like glaze that the top
> became; very tasty.
>
> I note that some one recipe posted called for 200 degrees, after a 350
> start. One was 550? and then 200º. Mine was 400 and then 275. But when I
> turned off the oven, I put in my new thermometer (on the left side of the
> oven and not in the center) it registered 325º-350º.
>
> I had some German brand (not overly sweetened) blueberry preserves/jam and
> put a dab of it on my plate after eating half of the slice. I froze a few
> slices.
>
> We liked the taste and consider it not a failure.

Looks DE-lish... neatly sliced, plating is simple elegance... excellent
presentation.

Sheldon

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Wayne Boatwright

On Sun 22 Jan 2006 09:16:33a, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it Dee
Randall?

> Had a piece this morning of yesterday's efforts.
> Here it is:
> http://tinypic.com/mc91rd.jpg
>
> It was rather moist, not high. I liked the carmel-like glaze that the top
> became; very tasty.

Dee, it looks perfect! A complete success! BTW, in a 9-inch sprinkform
pan, you need a recipe with 5 8-oz pkgs of cream cheese for it to be high.
I posted one like that.

How long did you end up leaving it in the oven to cool?

--
Wayne Boatwright Õ¿Õ¬

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Dee Randall

"Wayne Boatwright" <wayneboatwright_at_gmail.com> wrote in message
28.19...
> On Sun 22 Jan 2006 09:16:33a, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it Dee
> Randall?
>
>> Had a piece this morning of yesterday's efforts.
>> Here it is:
>> http://tinypic.com/mc91rd.jpg
>>
>> It was rather moist, not high. I liked the carmel-like glaze that the top
>> became; very tasty.

> Dee, it looks perfect! A complete success! BTW, in a 9-inch sprinkform
> pan, you need a recipe with 5 8-oz pkgs of cream cheese for it to be high.
> I posted one like that.
>
> How long did you end up leaving it in the oven to cool?
>
> --
> Wayne Boatwright Õ¿Õ¬

Thanks for the cudos. I tried! Yes, I'm keeping your recipe for the 40 oz.
Thank you.
DH is planning dinner, keeping in mind MORE cheesecake.
Dinner will be some sort of chicken breast curry recipe, he's searching the
multitudes of recipes online. Basmati rice. Beet greens. Probably a TJ's
unopened chutney - we'll have to hunt a bottle down here in what looks like
a 1950's bomb shelter food storage area -- tee hee.
Dee Dee

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Dee Randall

"~patches~" > wrote in message
> Dee Randall wrote:
>
>> Had a piece this morning of yesterday's efforts.
>> Here it is:
>> http://tinypic.com/mc91rd.jpg
>>
>> It was rather moist, not high. I liked the carmel-like glaze that the top
>> became; very tasty.
>>
>> I note that some one recipe posted called for 200 degrees, after a 350
>> start. One was 550? and then 200º. Mine was 400 and then 275. But when
>> I turned off the oven, I put in my new thermometer (on the left side of
>> the oven and not in the center) it registered 325º-350º.
>>
>> I had some German brand (not overly sweetened) blueberry preserves/jam
>> and put a dab of it on my plate after eating half of the slice. I froze
>> a few slices.
>>
>> We liked the taste and consider it not a failure.
>> Dee Dee

> Dee, that is really nice looking! I think it is time to get my feet wet
> and try making a baked cheesecake. Very nice job

Thanks, patches. With your cooking expertise and your great kitchen, you
will make it look easy!

I forgot to answer
WAYNE: I left it in the oven 3 hours to cool. Then put foil over the top,
leaving it in the bain marie pan (no water) and rushed it to the
refrigerator.
Dee Dee

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Dee Randall

"Christine Dabney" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 22 Jan 2006 11:16:33 -0500, "Dee Randall"
> > wrote:
>
>>Had a piece this morning of yesterday's efforts.
>>Here it is:
>>http://tinypic.com/mc91rd.jpg
>>
>>It was rather moist, not high. I liked the carmel-like glaze that the top
>>became; very tasty.

> That looks great!!!! Absolutely picture perfect. If I didn't know
> better, I would swear you bought it!!!
> Good job!
>
> Christine

Honest to Pete -- you ALL are so wonderful!
Dee Dee

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Wayne Boatwright

On Sun 22 Jan 2006 11:54:17a, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it Dee
Randall?

> "~patches~" > wrote in message
>> Dee Randall wrote:
>>
>>> Had a piece this morning of yesterday's efforts.
>>> Here it is:
>>> http://tinypic.com/mc91rd.jpg
>>>
>>> It was rather moist, not high. I liked the carmel-like glaze that the
>>> top became; very tasty.
>>>
>>> I note that some one recipe posted called for 200 degrees, after a 350
>>> start. One was 550? and then 200º. Mine was 400 and then 275. But
>>> when I turned off the oven, I put in my new thermometer (on the left
>>> side of the oven and not in the center) it registered 325º-350º.
>>>
>>> I had some German brand (not overly sweetened) blueberry preserves/jam
>>> and put a dab of it on my plate after eating half of the slice. I
>>> froze a few slices.
>>>
>>> We liked the taste and consider it not a failure.
>>> Dee Dee

>> Dee, that is really nice looking! I think it is time to get my feet
>> wet and try making a baked cheesecake. Very nice job

> Thanks, patches. With your cooking expertise and your great kitchen,
> you will make it look easy!
>
> I forgot to answer
> WAYNE: I left it in the oven 3 hours to cool. Then put foil over the
> top, leaving it in the bain marie pan (no water) and rushed it to the
> refrigerator.
> Dee Dee

Thanks, Dee!

--
Wayne Boatwright Õ¿Õ¬

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Wayne Boatwright

On Sun 22 Jan 2006 11:50:58a, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it Dee
Randall?

> "Wayne Boatwright" <wayneboatwright_at_gmail.com> wrote in message
> 28.19...
>> On Sun 22 Jan 2006 09:16:33a, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it Dee
>> Randall?
>>
>>> Had a piece this morning of yesterday's efforts.
>>> Here it is:
>>> http://tinypic.com/mc91rd.jpg
>>>
>>> It was rather moist, not high. I liked the carmel-like glaze that the
>>> top became; very tasty.

>> Dee, it looks perfect! A complete success! BTW, in a 9-inch
>> sprinkform pan, you need a recipe with 5 8-oz pkgs of cream cheese for
>> it to be high. I posted one like that.
>>
>> How long did you end up leaving it in the oven to cool?
>>
>> --
>> Wayne Boatwright Õ¿Õ¬

> Thanks for the cudos. I tried! Yes, I'm keeping your recipe for the 40
> oz. Thank you.
> DH is planning dinner, keeping in mind MORE cheesecake.
> Dinner will be some sort of chicken breast curry recipe, he's searching
> the multitudes of recipes online. Basmati rice. Beet greens. Probably a
> TJ's unopened chutney - we'll have to hunt a bottle down here in what
> looks like a 1950's bomb shelter food storage area -- tee hee.
> Dee Dee

I haven't done a curry for a while, but I do have chicken thawing at the
moment. Good idea!

--
Wayne Boatwright Õ¿Õ¬

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Bronwyn

Looks very professional! Yum!

Bronnie

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Blair P. Houghton

I can taste that already.

--Blair

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Chuck

On Sun, 22 Jan 2006 11:16:33 -0500, "Dee Randall"
> wrote:

>Had a piece this morning of yesterday's efforts.
>Here it is:
>http://tinypic.com/mc91rd.jpg
>
>It was rather moist, not high. I liked the carmel-like glaze that the top
>became; very tasty.
>
>I note that some one recipe posted called for 200 degrees, after a 350
>start. One was 550? and then 200º. Mine was 400 and then 275. But when I
>turned off the oven, I put in my new thermometer (on the left side of the
>oven and not in the center) it registered 325º-350º.
>
>I had some German brand (not overly sweetened) blueberry preserves/jam and
>put a dab of it on my plate after eating half of the slice. I froze a few
>slices.
>
>We liked the taste and consider it not a failure.
>Dee Dee

Looking GOOD..
By the way... as for topping.. I found "Comstock" brand pie
filling..
After using google,, it appears to be available world wide..
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...-food&v=glance
Or just google +comstock+blueberry+pie

Yes guys and girls.. I know anything in a can is BAD...
But I haven't tried to make pie filling yet.. maybe this summer..
The blueberry is great on NY (plain) cheesecake!
One can is just right for a 10 inch cake..
Chuck (in SC)

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Wayne Boatwright

On Sun 22 Jan 2006 11:06:16p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it Chuck?

> On Sun, 22 Jan 2006 11:16:33 -0500, "Dee Randall"
> > wrote:
>
>>Had a piece this morning of yesterday's efforts.
>>Here it is:
>>http://tinypic.com/mc91rd.jpg
>>
>>It was rather moist, not high. I liked the carmel-like glaze that the
>>top became; very tasty.
>>
>>I note that some one recipe posted called for 200 degrees, after a 350
>>start. One was 550? and then 200º. Mine was 400 and then 275. But when
>>I turned off the oven, I put in my new thermometer (on the left side of
>>the oven and not in the center) it registered 325º-350º.
>>
>>I had some German brand (not overly sweetened) blueberry preserves/jam
>>and put a dab of it on my plate after eating half of the slice. I froze
>>a few slices.
>>
>>We liked the taste and consider it not a failure.
>>Dee Dee
>>

> Looking GOOD..
> By the way... as for topping.. I found "Comstock" brand pie
> filling..
> After using google,, it appears to be available world wide..
> http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...=1-10/qid=1137
> 996092/ref=sr_1_10/002-3744216-3980812?%5Fencoding=UTF8&n=3580501&s=gourm
> et-food&v=glance Or just google +comstock+blueberry+pie
>
> Yes guys and girls.. I know anything in a can is BAD...
> But I haven't tried to make pie filling yet.. maybe this summer..
> The blueberry is great on NY (plain) cheesecake!
> One can is just right for a 10 inch cake..
> Chuck (in SC)

I've used it when I was in a hurry. It's a little bland for my taste, so I
add about a half teaspoon almond extract and a quarter teaspoon of cinnamon
to the cherry filling, and just the cinnamon and a little grated lemon
rind to the bluebery filling. Perks it up.

--
Wayne Boatwright Õ¿Õ¬

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Chuck

On 23 Jan 2006 07:12:29 +0100, Wayne Boatwright
<wayneboatwright_at_gmail.com> wrote:

>On Sun 22 Jan 2006 11:06:16p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it Chuck?
>
>> On Sun, 22 Jan 2006 11:16:33 -0500, "Dee Randall"
>> > wrote:
>>
>>>Had a piece this morning of yesterday's efforts.
>>>Here it is:
>>>http://tinypic.com/mc91rd.jpg
>>>
>>>It was rather moist, not high. I liked the carmel-like glaze that the
>>>top became; very tasty.
>>>
>>>I note that some one recipe posted called for 200 degrees, after a 350
>>>start. One was 550? and then 200º. Mine was 400 and then 275. But when
>>>I turned off the oven, I put in my new thermometer (on the left side of
>>>the oven and not in the center) it registered 325º-350º.
>>>
>>>I had some German brand (not overly sweetened) blueberry preserves/jam
>>>and put a dab of it on my plate after eating half of the slice. I froze
>>>a few slices.
>>>
>>>We liked the taste and consider it not a failure.
>>>Dee Dee
>>>

>> Looking GOOD..
>> By the way... as for topping.. I found "Comstock" brand pie
>> filling..
>> After using google,, it appears to be available world wide..
>> http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...=1-10/qid=1137
>> 996092/ref=sr_1_10/002-3744216-3980812?%5Fencoding=UTF8&n=3580501&s=gourm
>> et-food&v=glance Or just google +comstock+blueberry+pie
>>
>> Yes guys and girls.. I know anything in a can is BAD...
>> But I haven't tried to make pie filling yet.. maybe this summer..
>> The blueberry is great on NY (plain) cheesecake!
>> One can is just right for a 10 inch cake..
>> Chuck (in SC)
>>

>I've used it when I was in a hurry. It's a little bland for my taste, so I
>add about a half teaspoon almond extract and a quarter teaspoon of cinnamon
>to the cherry filling, and just the cinnamon and a little grated lemon
>rind to the bluebery filling. Perks it up.

Thanks.. The cinnamon and lemon rind sounds like it would be good in
the blueberry.. which is my favorite..
At some time I'd like to get a good recipe from you for home made
blueberry topping.. Home made may be twice the price though than
this.. (yes I'm a tightwad) I get this for about $3.30 a can..

Here's my Current late night project..
4 key lime cheesecakes in the 7 and 8 inch cake pans.. 2 of each..
http://i1.tinypic.com/mh9jme.jpg

I am getting plenty of help though..
My supervisor
http://i1.tinypic.com/mha52u.jpg
Chuck (in SC)
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Kathy in NZ

On Sun, 22 Jan 2006 11:16:33 -0500, "Dee Randall"
> wrote:

>Had a piece this morning of yesterday's efforts.
>Here it is:
>http://tinypic.com/mc91rd.jpg
>
>It was rather moist, not high. I liked the carmel-like glaze that the top
>became; very tasty.
>
>I note that some one recipe posted called for 200 degrees, after a 350
>start. One was 550? and then 200º. Mine was 400 and then 275. But when I
>turned off the oven, I put in my new thermometer (on the left side of the
>oven and not in the center) it registered 325º-350º.
>
>I had some German brand (not overly sweetened) blueberry preserves/jam and
>put a dab of it on my plate after eating half of the slice. I froze a few
>slices.
>
>We liked the taste and consider it not a failure.
>Dee Dee

That looks superb. I must have missed the earlier postings. Did you
give the recipe, or did someone else?

Kathy in NZ

Posted to rec.food.cooking
-L.

Chuck wrote:

> Thanks.. The cinnamon and lemon rind sounds like it would be good in
> the blueberry.. which is my favorite..
> At some time I'd like to get a good recipe from you for home made
> blueberry topping.. Home made may be twice the price though than
> this.. (yes I'm a tightwad) I get this for about $3.30 a can..

I just puree a cup or so of fresh or frozen blueberries, put them in a
pan, add a little white grape juice or water (enough to cover the
bottom of the pan) a dash of lemon juice and salt (tiny amount), and
about 2T of sugar - let simmer for 5-10 minutes stirring constantly
(until sugar is melted), and then thicken with a little corn starch
mixed in cold water. Cook on low, stirring, until thickened. Throw in
another cup and a half of whole blueberries, stir well, and remove from
the heat. Stir to combine. Set aside and cool - serve warm or
chilled.
-L.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Chuck

On 22 Jan 2006 23:31:59 -0800, "-L." > wrote:

>Chuck wrote:
>>
>> Thanks.. The cinnamon and lemon rind sounds like it would be good in
>> the blueberry.. which is my favorite..
>> At some time I'd like to get a good recipe from you for home made
>> blueberry topping.. Home made may be twice the price though than
>> this.. (yes I'm a tightwad) I get this for about $3.30 a can..

>I just puree a cup or so of fresh or frozen blueberries, put them in a
>pan, add a little white grape juice or water (enough to cover the
>bottom of the pan) a dash of lemon juice and salt (tiny amount), and
>about 2T of sugar - let simmer for 5-10 minutes stirring constantly
>(until sugar is melted), and then thicken with a little corn starch
>mixed in cold water. Cook on low, stirring, until thickened. Throw in
>another cup and a half of whole blueberries, stir well, and remove from
>the heat. Stir to combine. Set aside and cool - serve warm or
>chilled.
>-L.

Thanks.. copied... .. When is blueberry season?
Chuck (in SC)

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Chuck

On Mon, 23 Jan 2006 06:31:12 GMT, Chuck > wrote:

>On 23 Jan 2006 07:12:29 +0100, Wayne Boatwright
><wayneboatwright_at_gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>On Sun 22 Jan 2006 11:06:16p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it Chuck?
>>
>>> On Sun, 22 Jan 2006 11:16:33 -0500, "Dee Randall"

>>> Looking GOOD..
>>> By the way... as for topping.. I found "Comstock" brand pie
>>> filling..
>>> After using google,, it appears to be available world wide..
>>> http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...=1-10/qid=1137
>>> 996092/ref=sr_1_10/002-3744216-3980812?%5Fencoding=UTF8&n=3580501&s=gourm
>>> et-food&v=glance Or just google +comstock+blueberry+pie
>>>
>>> Yes guys and girls.. I know anything in a can is BAD...
>>> But I haven't tried to make pie filling yet.. maybe this summer..
>>> The blueberry is great on NY (plain) cheesecake!
>>> One can is just right for a 10 inch cake..
>>> Chuck (in SC)
>>>

>>I've used it when I was in a hurry. It's a little bland for my taste, so I
>>add about a half teaspoon almond extract and a quarter teaspoon of cinnamon
>>to the cherry filling, and just the cinnamon and a little grated lemon
>>rind to the bluebery filling. Perks it up.

>Thanks.. The cinnamon and lemon rind sounds like it would be good in
>the blueberry.. which is my favorite..
>At some time I'd like to get a good recipe from you for home made
>blueberry topping.. Home made may be twice the price though than
>this.. (yes I'm a tightwad) I get this for about $3.30 a can..
>
>Here's my Current late night project..
>4 key lime cheesecakes in the 7 and 8 inch cake pans.. 2 of each..
>http://i1.tinypic.com/mh9jme.jpg
>
>I am getting plenty of help though..
>My supervisor
>http://i1.tinypic.com/mha52u.jpg
>Chuck (in SC)

Update
They're done.. but two from back of oven has slightly darker tops.
Texture appears to be the same though.. Man I wish I had a convection
oven.. maybe someday..
Note that I over mixed the filling some.. so I got a rise and fall but
NO cracking.. This rise and fall leaves the ring around the edge..
Still tasty.. usually..

http://i1.tinypic.com/mhbu35.jpg
http://i1.tinypic.com/mhbu51.jpg

Chuck (in SC)
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Wayne Boatwright

On Sun 22 Jan 2006 11:31:12p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it Chuck?

>>> http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...sr=1-10/qid=11
>>> 37
>>> 996092/ref=sr_1_10/002-3744216-3980812?%5Fencoding=UTF8&n=3580501&s=gou
>>> rm et-food&v=glance Or just google +comstock+blueberry+pie
>>>
>>> Yes guys and girls.. I know anything in a can is BAD...
>>> But I haven't tried to make pie filling yet.. maybe this summer..
>>> The blueberry is great on NY (plain) cheesecake!
>>> One can is just right for a 10 inch cake..
>>> Chuck (in SC)
>>>

>>I've used it when I was in a hurry. It's a little bland for my taste,
>>so I add about a half teaspoon almond extract and a quarter teaspoon of
>>cinnamon to the cherry filling, and just the cinnamon and a little
>>grated lemon rind to the bluebery filling. Perks it up.

> Thanks.. The cinnamon and lemon rind sounds like it would be good in
> the blueberry.. which is my favorite..
> At some time I'd like to get a good recipe from you for home made
> blueberry topping.. Home made may be twice the price though than
> this.. (yes I'm a tightwad) I get this for about $3.30 a can..

I don't exactly have a recipe for it, Chuck. What I do is smush a cup or
so of berries, sweeten and thicken to taste by adding a mixture and
cornstarch, then cook over moderately low heat until the juices are clear.
At the end I stir in a couple of cups of raw berries along with the
flavoring. That way you get a nice glaze punctuated by the uncooked
berries.

> Here's my Current late night project..
> 4 key lime cheesecakes in the 7 and 8 inch cake pans.. 2 of each..
> http://i1.tinypic.com/mh9jme.jpg

They look delicious, Chuck!

> I am getting plenty of help though..
> My supervisor
> http://i1.tinypic.com/mha52u.jpg
> Chuck (in SC)

One of my kitties looks remarkably like yours!

--
Wayne Boatwright Õ¿Õ¬

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Wayne Boatwright

On Mon 23 Jan 2006 12:31:59a, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it -L.?

> Chuck wrote:
>>
>> Thanks.. The cinnamon and lemon rind sounds like it would be good in
>> the blueberry.. which is my favorite..
>> At some time I'd like to get a good recipe from you for home made
>> blueberry topping.. Home made may be twice the price though than
>> this.. (yes I'm a tightwad) I get this for about $3.30 a can..

> I just puree a cup or so of fresh or frozen blueberries, put them in a
> pan, add a little white grape juice or water (enough to cover the
> bottom of the pan) a dash of lemon juice and salt (tiny amount), and
> about 2T of sugar - let simmer for 5-10 minutes stirring constantly
> (until sugar is melted), and then thicken with a little corn starch
> mixed in cold water. Cook on low, stirring, until thickened. Throw in
> another cup and a half of whole blueberries, stir well, and remove from
> the heat. Stir to combine. Set aside and cool - serve warm or
> chilled.
> -L.

Oh, I didn't see you post this. Just about the same as what I do. Makes a
great topping.

--
Wayne Boatwright Õ¿Õ¬

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Wayne Boatwright

On Mon 23 Jan 2006 12:51:43a, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it Chuck?

> On 22 Jan 2006 23:31:59 -0800, "-L." > wrote:
>

>>Chuck wrote:
>>>
>>> Thanks.. The cinnamon and lemon rind sounds like it would be good in
>>> the blueberry.. which is my favorite..
>>> At some time I'd like to get a good recipe from you for home made
>>> blueberry topping.. Home made may be twice the price though than
>>> this.. (yes I'm a tightwad) I get this for about $3.30 a can..

>>I just puree a cup or so of fresh or frozen blueberries, put them in a
>>pan, add a little white grape juice or water (enough to cover the
>>bottom of the pan) a dash of lemon juice and salt (tiny amount), and
>>about 2T of sugar - let simmer for 5-10 minutes stirring constantly
>>(until sugar is melted), and then thicken with a little corn starch
>>mixed in cold water. Cook on low, stirring, until thickened. Throw in
>>another cup and a half of whole blueberries, stir well, and remove from
>>the heat. Stir to combine. Set aside and cool - serve warm or
>>chilled. -L.

> Thanks.. copied... .. When is blueberry season?
> Chuck (in SC)

Depends on where you live, and it's a short season wherever. For example,
in Georgia it's July. In Maine it's August. I usually buy frozen wild
blueberries (they're smaller) and they make a delicious topping or pie.
Some of the really large cultivated blueberries are just too large for my
taste. They tend to be gritty.

--
Wayne Boatwright Õ¿Õ¬

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Wayne Boatwright

On Mon 23 Jan 2006 02:44:28a, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it Chuck?

> On Mon, 23 Jan 2006 06:31:12 GMT, Chuck > wrote:
>
>>On 23 Jan 2006 07:12:29 +0100, Wayne Boatwright
>><wayneboatwright_at_gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>>On Sun 22 Jan 2006 11:06:16p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it Chuck?

>>>I've used it when I was in a hurry. It's a little bland for my taste,
>>>so I add about a half teaspoon almond extract and a quarter teaspoon of
>>>cinnamon to the cherry filling, and just the cinnamon and a little
>>>grated lemon rind to the bluebery filling. Perks it up.

>>Thanks.. The cinnamon and lemon rind sounds like it would be good in
>>the blueberry.. which is my favorite..
>>At some time I'd like to get a good recipe from you for home made
>>blueberry topping.. Home made may be twice the price though than
>>this.. (yes I'm a tightwad) I get this for about $3.30 a can..
>>
>>Here's my Current late night project..
>>4 key lime cheesecakes in the 7 and 8 inch cake pans.. 2 of each..
>>http://i1.tinypic.com/mh9jme.jpg
>>
>>I am getting plenty of help though..
>>My supervisor
>>http://i1.tinypic.com/mha52u.jpg
>>Chuck (in SC)

> Update
> They're done.. but two from back of oven has slightly darker tops.
> Texture appears to be the same though.. Man I wish I had a convection
> oven.. maybe someday..
> Note that I over mixed the filling some.. so I got a rise and fall but
> NO cracking.. This rise and fall leaves the ring around the edge..
> Still tasty.. usually..
>
> http://i1.tinypic.com/mhbu35.jpg
> http://i1.tinypic.com/mhbu51.jpg

I don't view that as a problem. They really look good. I like the darker
one!

--
Wayne Boatwright Õ¿Õ¬

cheese cake [email protected] Baking 0 12-03-2008 05:44 AM
cheese cake Zarith General Cooking 6 11-09-2007 03:39 AM
Sf cheese cake. Pandora General Cooking 35 14-10-2005 11:07 AM
Cheese cake Richard R. Diabetic 3 25-03-2005 08:36 PM
# Cake for Damsel - Lemon Cream Cheese Pound Cake Melba's Jammin' General Cooking 0 31-01-2005 02:38 PM