Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Gonna Take a Break (Was: Brunch Tomorrow)

I (S'mee) wrote:

> Hey guys, something is funky with my newsfeed -- I can read the rest of
> you okay, but it appears that my posts aren't propogating. I'm about to
> change ISPs anyway, so I'm going to take a break from Usenet for a
> while. I leave you with a copy of a post that didn't make it -- 'bye
> all! :-)

<snip>

That would have been a lot more impressive had I included all of the
instructions -- sorry! Let's try that recipe again:

Praline French Toast Casserole - Paula Deem (FoodTV)
Serves 8

8 eggs (I use 9)
1-1/2 cups half and half
1/3 cup maple syrup
1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
10 to 12 slices soft bread, 1 inch thick

Topping:
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
2/3 cup maple syrup
2 cups chopped pecans

Generously butter a 13 x 9 inch casserole dish. Mix the
eggs, half and half, maple syrup, and sugar in a large bowl.
Place the bread slices in the prepared casserole dish and
cover with the egg mixture. Cover with plastic wrap and let
soak overnight in the refrigerator.

Preheat the oven to 350º degrees F. Remove the casserole from
the refrigerator.

Topping: Melt the butter in a saucepan. Add the sugar and maple
syrup and cook for 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in the pecans. Pour the
mixture over the bread and bake for 45 to 55 minutes. Allow to
sit for 10 minutes before serving.

--
Jani in WA (S'mee)
~ mom, Trollop, novice cook ~

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Nancy Young

(S'mee)" > wrote

That would have been a lot more impressive had I included all of the
instructions -- sorry! Let's try that recipe again:

Praline French Toast Casserole - Paula Deem (FoodTV)

**Paula Deem?? (laugh) See you soon!

**nancy