Posted to rec.food.cooking
Mr Libido Incognito

Default ISO: A good coconut curried chicken Dish

I need a tried and true Coconut Milk Curried Chicken...Don't make me
experiment on loved one, well possibly lusted after one...There's a
possible date involved here...

--
The eyes are the mirrors....
But the ears...Ah the ears.
Posted to rec.food.cooking
BOZO

On Sat, 12 Nov 2005 13:38:09 -0000, Mr Libido Incognito
> wrote:

>I need a tried and true Coconut Milk Curried Chicken...Don't make me
>experiment on loved one, well possibly lusted after one...There's a
>possible date involved here...

Go here for tons of recipes for Coconut Curry Chicken:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&l...pe&btnG=Search

Bozo
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Mr Libido Incognito

BOZO wrote on 12 Nov 2005 in rec.food.cooking

> On Sat, 12 Nov 2005 13:38:09 -0000, Mr Libido Incognito
> > wrote:
>
> >I need a tried and true Coconut Milk Curried Chicken...Don't make me
> >experiment on loved one, well possibly lusted after one...There's a
> >possible date involved here...

> Go here for tons of recipes for Coconut Curry Chicken:
>
> http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&l...ry+chicken+rec
> ipe&btnG=Search
>
> Bozo

Been there done that...Before I posted...I'm looking for a tried and true
recipe.

--
The eyes are the mirrors....
But the ears...Ah the ears.
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Jean B.

Mr Libido Incognito wrote:

> I need a tried and true Coconut Milk Curried Chicken...Don't make me
> experiment on loved one, well possibly lusted after one...There's a
> possible date involved here...

Not quite a curry, but...

Ajam Bumbu Rudjak (Chicken Cooked in Rudjak Spices; 4)

1 1/2 yellow onions, chopped
3 macadamia nuts
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 1/2 –2 tsp sambal oelek
1 1/2 tsp coriander seeds, ground
3/4 tsp laos powder (or 1 slice, chopped)
3/4 tsp blachan or trasi
1/2 tsp turmeric
1 Tbsp oil
1 1/2 c thick coconut milk
1 stalk lemon grass, bruised (or add 1 tsp to ground mixture)
2 curry leaves
1 tender chicken, cut up (or equivalent amount of favorite parts)
dash of dark soy sauce (kecap asin)
brown sugar to taste
salt to taste

Grind onions, macadamia nuts, garlic, sambal oelek, coriander,
laos, blachan, turmeric and oil in blender. Heat in wok or
skillet and fry mixture til cooked and aromatic. Add the
coconut milk, bruised lemon grass, curry leaves, chicken, soy
sauce, sugar, and salt. Stir. Bring to a boil and cook,
uncovered, til chicken is tender and gravy is thick.
Note: I haven't made this for a LONG time, and it may have
undergone one more iteration, or so my notes indicated....

And since you didn't specify Indian curry:

Gaeng Pet Thai (2-3)

2 dried red chiles
1/2 tsp lemongrass powder
1/2 tsp laos powder
2 cloves garlic
1 Tbsp onion or shallot
1/2 tsp kapi
1/2 tsp kaffir lime zest or 1 tsp lemon zest
1-2 Tbsp chopped coriander leaves and stems
1 Tbsp oil
1/4 tsp dried mint (or 1 tsp fresh)
2 kaffir lime leaves
1 pkg shiitake or other mushrooms (optional)
1 lb hacked-up chicken (with bone)
3/4 c coconut milk
2 tsp fish sauce
2 Tbsp water
1/4 tsp sugar
1+ Tbsp lemon juice
hot cooked rice

Grind chiles, lemongrass, laos, garlic, onion, kapi, zest, and
coriander to a paste. Fry in oil, stirring, til aromatic.
Add mint, kaffir lime leaves, mushrooms, and chicken; stir to
coat chicken and mushrooms. Add coconut milk, fish sauce,
water, and sugar and bring to a boil over medium heat,
stirring frequently. Simmer for 1/2 hour over low heat,
stirring as frequently as you can stand to. Stir in lemon
juice and serve with rice.
This may be a safer bet. I tended to really hone down my
Thai recipes. Note that I also didn't make them REALLY hot....

--
Jean B.