Posted to rec.food.cooking
Roy Loya

Default Help! Pasta types.

Hi,

I'm in the dark. There are so many pasta types, alla Carbonara, alla
Bolognese, etc. Does anybody know of a site that explains each one?

Thanks.

Roy
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Dimitri

"Roy Loya" > wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I'm in the dark. There are so many pasta types, alla Carbonara, alla
> Bolognese, etc. Does anybody know of a site that explains each one?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Roy

What you mentioned are not types of Pasta those are recipes and fairly regional
in nature.

Here is a good primer:

http://italianfood.about.com/od/abou.../a/blr0075.htm

Also look at the pasta maker sites like:

http://www.barillaus.com/

Dimitri

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Andy

Dimitri wrote:

> "Roy Loya" > wrote in message
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm in the dark. There are so many pasta types, alla Carbonara, alla
>> Bolognese, etc. Does anybody know of a site that explains each one?
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> Roy

> What you mentioned are not types of Pasta those are recipes and fairly
> regional in nature.
>
> Here is a good primer:
>
> http://italianfood.about.com/od/abou.../a/blr0075.htm
>
> Also look at the pasta maker sites like:
>
> http://www.barillaus.com/
>

> Dimitri

Plus...

I googled on pasta + names and got to one site:

http://tn.essortment.com/pastatypes_pnk.htm

Which basically put an end to the possibility of answering the OP's
question.

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking
jmcquown

Roy Loya wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm in the dark. There are so many pasta types, alla Carbonara, alla
> Bolognese, etc. Does anybody know of a site that explains each one?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Roy

Those are dishes, not pasta types. For pasta types (and for just about
anything else you need food-wise), go he

http://www.foodsubs.com/

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Andy

jmcquown wrote:

> Those are dishes, not pasta types. For pasta types (and for just about
> anything else you need food-wise), go he
>
> http://www.foodsubs.com/

Ooooooh... Another cool food website!!!

One can't have too many of those!!!

Thanks,

Andy

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Melba's Jammin'

In article >,
Roy Loya > wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm in the dark. There are so many pasta types, alla Carbonara, alla
> Bolognese, etc. Does anybody know of a site that explains each one?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Roy

Pastas or sauces? The alla carbonara involves bacon and a raw egg, I
think. Bolognese is what lots of us grew up eating - red sauce with
ground meat in it. Google on pasta -- or use the Google Image feature
for pics of them. Or try the epicurious.com dictionary.
--
http://www.jamlady.eboard.com, updated 11-7-05 with the first story
about our trip to San Francisco for Nephew Pat's wedding last weekend.

Cultivars and tea types, [email protected] Tea 1 10-09-2008 03:13 PM
Types of Teas T. L. Pope-Green Tea 2 03-01-2008 06:27 PM
Salt types kalanamak General Cooking 10 08-04-2004 07:30 PM
different types of soybeans?? Gary Beckwith Vegan 1 07-01-2004 04:10 PM