Posted to rec.food.cooking
A.C.

Default this sandwich ain't for no pussies!

according to the thread, this guy ate the whole thing in 15 hours.
in****ingcredible!

http://www.spartantailgate.com/forum...d.php?t=127131

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Wayne Boatwright

On Thu 03 Nov 2005 07:28:22p, A.C. wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> according to the thread, this guy ate the whole thing in 15 hours.
> in****ingcredible!
>
> http://www.spartantailgate.com/forum...d.php?t=127131

Both sounds and looks disgusting! No wonder there's a stack of prescription
labels in the background of the first picture!

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*

Posted to rec.food.cooking

RFC is rec.food.cooking

You might want to post this in rec.food.drunken-gluttony

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Puester

Wayne Boatwright wrote:
> On Thu 03 Nov 2005 07:28:22p, A.C. wrote in rec.food.cooking:
>

>>according to the thread, this guy ate the whole thing in 15 hours.
>>in****ingcredible!
>>
>>http://www.spartantailgate.com/forum...d.php?t=127131

> Both sounds and looks disgusting! No wonder there's a stack of prescription
> labels in the background of the first picture!

That was pretty much my reaction, too. And: What's the point?

It sounds like something directly out of a Dagwood cartoon of about
50 years ago.

gloria p
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Del Cecchi

"A.C." > wrote in message
> according to the thread, this guy ate the whole thing in 15 hours.
> in****ingcredible!
>
> http://www.spartantailgate.com/forum...d.php?t=127131

He be lying and he be dying. 154 T of oil is 72 fluid ounces It would be
running out the bottom. And he shows it on the scale at 6 lb, but the
ingredients add up to way more than that.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Dan Abel

In article >,
"Del Cecchi" > wrote:

> "A.C." > wrote in message
> > according to the thread, this guy ate the whole thing in 15 hours.
> > in****ingcredible!
> >
> > http://www.spartantailgate.com/forum...d.php?t=127131
> >

> He be lying and he be dying. 154 T of oil is 72 fluid ounces It would be
> running out the bottom. And he shows it on the scale at 6 lb, but the
> ingredients add up to way more than that.

The guy's site said that almost everything was either fried or deep
fried. I suspect that the oil was still in the fryer when he finished.
The pound of bacon certainly wouldn't weigh a pound after cooking.

--
Dan Abel

Petaluma, California, USA
Posted to rec.food.cooking
rrb

Del Cecchi wrote:

> He be lying and he be dying. 154 T of oil is 72 fluid ounces It would be
> running out the bottom. And he shows it on the scale at 6 lb, but the
> ingredients add up to way more than that.

Maybe it's 6 kilograms? But I agree that it both looks and sounds
sickening.
Posted to rec.food.cooking
~patches~

Del Cecchi wrote:

> "A.C." > wrote in message
>
>>according to the thread, this guy ate the whole thing in 15 hours.
>>in****ingcredible!
>>
>>http://www.spartantailgate.com/forum...d.php?t=127131
>>

> He be lying and he be dying. 154 T of oil is 72 fluid ounces It would be
> running out the bottom. And he shows it on the scale at 6 lb, but the
> ingredients add up to way more than that.

Looking at the ingredient list he isn't a frugal shopper if that cost
him $47 either. My bet is he's stretching the truth a little. IMO the
sandwich looks pretty nasty but to each their own when it comes to food
likes.
Posted to rec.food.cooking
ms_peacock

"A.C." > wrote in message
> according to the thread, this guy ate the whole thing in 15 hours.
> in****ingcredible!
>
> http://www.spartantailgate.com/forum...d.php?t=127131

Ya know, I have a 9 year old granddaugter that could probably finish that
off in 15 hours too. The girl can eat.

Ms P

Posted to rec.food.cooking
OmManiPadmeOmelet

In article >,
"ms_peacock" > wrote:

> "A.C." > wrote in message
> > according to the thread, this guy ate the whole thing in 15 hours.
> > in****ingcredible!
> >
> > http://www.spartantailgate.com/forum...d.php?t=127131
> >

> Ya know, I have a 9 year old granddaugter that could probably finish that
> off in 15 hours too. The girl can eat.
>
> Ms P

Does she waddle yet? ;-)
--
Om.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
ms_peacock

"OmManiPadmeOmelet" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "ms_peacock" > wrote:
>
>> "A.C." > wrote in message
>> > according to the thread, this guy ate the whole thing in 15 hours.
>> > in****ingcredible!
>> >
>> > http://www.spartantailgate.com/forum...d.php?t=127131
>> >

>> Ya know, I have a 9 year old granddaugter that could probably finish that
>> off in 15 hours too. The girl can eat.
>>
>> Ms P
>>

> Does she waddle yet? ;-)
> --
> Om.

Nope. She's skinny as a rail. She never stops moving. All that nervous
energy burns off a lot of calories.

Except she would probably substitute hash browns for the onion rings. I've
seen her eat some pretty astonishing amounts of food for a kid her size.

Ms P

Posted to rec.food.cooking
OmManiPadmeOmelet

In article >,
"ms_peacock" > wrote:

> "OmManiPadmeOmelet" > wrote in message
> > In article >,

> >> Ya know, I have a 9 year old granddaugter that could probably finish that
> >> off in 15 hours too. The girl can eat.
> >>
> >> Ms P
> >>

> > Does she waddle yet? ;-)
> > --
> > Om.

> Nope. She's skinny as a rail. She never stops moving. All that nervous
> energy burns off a lot of calories.
>
> Except she would probably substitute hash browns for the onion rings. I've
> seen her eat some pretty astonishing amounts of food for a kid her size.
>
> Ms P

That's cool then. :-)
Sounds like my border collie...... <lol>
--
Om.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
ms_peacock

"OmManiPadmeOmelet" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "ms_peacock" > wrote:
>>
>> Nope. She's skinny as a rail. She never stops moving. All that nervous
>> energy burns off a lot of calories.
>>
>> Except she would probably substitute hash browns for the onion rings.
>> I've
>> seen her eat some pretty astonishing amounts of food for a kid her size.
>>
>> Ms P
>>

> That's cool then. :-)
> Sounds like my border collie...... <lol>
> --
> Om.

We call her the hummingbird. She can eat four times her weight in food and
never stops moving. LOL She'll wear you out just watching her.

We took her out for breakfast one morning and she had a three egg cheese
omlet, hash browns, two pieces of toast, and a 12 ounce chocolate milk. We
took her home and before we left about an hour later she had also polished
off a big mac and large fries. And it was still only noon. Yeah, I think
she could eat that sandwich in less than 8 hours.

Ms P

Posted to rec.food.cooking
~patches~

ms_peacock wrote:

> "OmManiPadmeOmelet" > wrote in message
>
>>In article >,

>>>Ya know, I have a 9 year old granddaugter that could probably finish that
>>>off in 15 hours too. The girl can eat.
>>>
>>>Ms P
>>>

>>Does she waddle yet? ;-)
>>--
>>Om.

> Nope. She's skinny as a rail. She never stops moving. All that nervous
> energy burns off a lot of calories.

And she'll likely always be this way. Do you think it is nervous energy
or hyperactivity? I'm hyperactive and always have been. There's
nothing wrong with it if you ask me. My mom said I never gained weight
because I never sat still long enough. Calories is something I've never
had to worry about. Still I watch what I eat for health reasons.

> Except she would probably substitute hash browns for the onion rings. I've
> seen her eat some pretty astonishing amounts of food for a kid her size.
>
> Ms P

Posted to rec.food.cooking
-L.

A.C. wrote:
> according to the thread, this guy ate the whole thing in 15 hours.
> in****ingcredible!
>
> http://www.spartantailgate.com/forum...d.php?t=127131

That's just nasty. The first pic doesn't look so bad (albeit big) -
the last two are just gross. Why would you put some of that stuff on a
sandwich - like corndogs? Ick.
-L.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
OmManiPadmeOmelet

In article .com>,
"-L." > wrote:

> A.C. wrote:
> > according to the thread, this guy ate the whole thing in 15 hours.
> > in****ingcredible!
> >
> > http://www.spartantailgate.com/forum...d.php?t=127131

> That's just nasty. The first pic doesn't look so bad (albeit big) -
> the last two are just gross. Why would you put some of that stuff on a
> sandwich - like corndogs? Ick.
> -L.

For the same reason one of my classmates back in the first grade did
that kind of stuff. ;-)

This kid would take _everything_ in his lunchbox and stuff it into his
sandwiches, including bannanas WITH the peel on, stuff it in his
sandwich, and eat it with exagerated relish.

It's the "gross me out" appeal of the class clown.

Cheers!
--
Om.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
AlleyGator

"A.C." > wrote:

>according to the thread, this guy ate the whole thing in 15 hours.
>in****ingcredible!
>
>http://www.spartantailgate.com/forum...d.php?t=127131

Animal stupidity always impresses me beyond belief. Wow, what a
gourmet.

--
The Doc says my brain waves closely match those of a crazed ferret.
At least now I have an excuse.
Posted to rec.food.cooking
zak

"A.C." > wrote in message
> according to the thread, this guy ate the whole thing in 15 hours.
> in****ingcredible!
>
> http://www.spartantailgate.com/forum...d.php?t=127131

Well it isn't really a sandwich (in the sense of picking it up and eating it
as a meal). If you view it as a day's worth of food sitting on top of a
loaf, then it still looks a bit unhealthy but rather more feasible.

Still doesn't entirely ring true for me. Most of the calories come from the
obscene amount of fat (2 litres canola oil, 8 oz butter, 6 oz dressing)
which are clearly not present in the sandwich - it would have to be dripping
with oil.

50g of salt and pepper? That is pretty much a handful isn't it? On top of
the fact that most of the ingredients are salty anyway, I can't see that he
really added that.

50g of oregano has 438 calories? Almost the same as 6oz (150g) of Italian
dressing. Don't think so.

I don't think this sandwich is exactly what it is made out to be, but it did
look quite nice!
--
Insomnia?
www.goodsleepguide.com

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Roberta

zak wrote:
> "A.C." > wrote in message
>
>>according to the thread, this guy ate the whole thing in 15 hours.
>>in****ingcredible!
>>
>>http://www.spartantailgate.com/forum...d.php?t=127131

> Well it isn't really a sandwich (in the sense of picking it up and eating it
> as a meal). If you view it as a day's worth of food sitting on top of a
> loaf, then it still looks a bit unhealthy but rather more feasible.
>
> Still doesn't entirely ring true for me. Most of the calories come from the
> obscene amount of fat (2 litres canola oil, 8 oz butter, 6 oz dressing)
> which are clearly not present in the sandwich - it would have to be dripping
> with oil.
>
> 50g of salt and pepper? That is pretty much a handful isn't it? On top of
> the fact that most of the ingredients are salty anyway, I can't see that he
> really added that.
>
> 50g of oregano has 438 calories? Almost the same as 6oz (150g) of Italian
> dressing. Don't think so.
>
> I don't think this sandwich is exactly what it is made out to be, but it did
> look quite nice!
> --
> Insomnia?
> www.goodsleepguide.com

I found it gross, as I read on in the forum, that he fried the bacon in
BUTTER :P that's just downright NASTY - yuck. Not that the sandwhich
in itself was anything I would eat...

And yes - I have to agree on the calorie count. If he deep fried the
onion rings and corn dogs (and whatever else) He really can't count all
of the oil used, which I think he did.

Roberta (in VA)