Default cupcake liners

Hi,

I'm baking a cupcake wedding cake in April for my neice. I'd like to
find liners with a wedding theme -- preferably not silver or gold.
Maybe white with wedding bells, or something like that?

Does anyone have any ideas on where to look? I've tried googling and
not been able to find much beyond standard pastels.

Also, does anyone have experience with freezing cupcakes? I think I
can make and freeze them up to a month ahead (without frosting, of
course), but I've not ever frozen cake.

Thanks for any tips!
Michelle

Sandy

try www.wilton.com

> wrote in message
ups.com...
> Hi,
>
> I'm baking a cupcake wedding cake in April for my neice. I'd like to
> find liners with a wedding theme -- preferably not silver or gold.
> Maybe white with wedding bells, or something like that?
>
> Does anyone have any ideas on where to look? I've tried googling and
> not been able to find much beyond standard pastels.
>
> Also, does anyone have experience with freezing cupcakes? I think I
> can make and freeze them up to a month ahead (without frosting, of
> course), but I've not ever frozen cake.
>
> Thanks for any tips!
> Michelle

MoM

> wrote in message
ups.com...
> Hi,
>
> I'm baking a cupcake wedding cake in April for my neice. I'd like to
> find liners with a wedding theme -- preferably not silver or gold.
> Maybe white with wedding bells, or something like that?
>
> Does anyone have any ideas on where to look? I've tried googling and
> not been able to find much beyond standard pastels.
>
> Also, does anyone have experience with freezing cupcakes? I think I
> can make and freeze them up to a month ahead (without frosting, of
> course), but I've not ever frozen cake.
>
> Thanks for any tips!
> Michelle

http://tinyurl.com/bcebh

D.Currie

> wrote in message
ups.com...
> Hi,
>
> I'm baking a cupcake wedding cake in April for my neice. I'd like to
> find liners with a wedding theme -- preferably not silver or gold.
> Maybe white with wedding bells, or something like that?
>
> Does anyone have any ideas on where to look? I've tried googling and
> not been able to find much beyond standard pastels.
>
> Also, does anyone have experience with freezing cupcakes? I think I
> can make and freeze them up to a month ahead (without frosting, of
> course), but I've not ever frozen cake.
>
> Thanks for any tips!
> Michelle

I freeze cupcakes all the time. There's only 2 of us, so a batch can last a
long time, and a whole cake would be stale before we finished it off. I make
the cupcakes and just toss them in the freezer in a bag and take a couple at
a time out when we want something sweet. And we're not eating them for days
on end, that way, too. I've found that frosting them frozen works well.
They're nice and firm, so you aren't squishing them if the frosting is a
little stiff.

Try it with a batch for yourself and see if you like the results.
Personally, I like them when they're thawed, but just a bit chilly. Weird, I
know....

Thanks everyone for the suggestions and links.

It didn't even occur to me to check with my local bakery wholesaler,
although I've purchased cake decorating items there before. I'll check
with them, and forward the links to the bride for her input.

Thanks again!
Michelle

Michelle-

> I'm baking a cupcake wedding cake in April for my neice. I'd like to
> find liners with a wedding theme -- preferably not silver or gold.
> Maybe white with wedding bells, or something like that?

Maybe this is off topic... but I caught the boardroom part of Martha's
Apprentice recently and the project had been wedding cakes. There was
something said about cupcakes. The team commented about needing liners
and Martha and her daughter both burst out "You don't need liners!!" I
can see where trying to remove the liners would actually be a hassel
and serving without would be neater all the way around. It wouldn't
have occurred to me, which is why I couldn't be an Apprentice. <G>

I don't have any of her books to look at but they're readily available
for brousing at the library or most bookstores to see what she does
with cupcakes for formal events. I assume they'd be baked in Silicone
pans, which give perfect definition, but are expensive. I see Target
has a really good buy for standard muffin pans in Silicone. That's
almost half of what I've see that size for elsewhere.

Enjoy!
-Marylouise

Vox Humana

> wrote in message
ups.com...
> Michelle-
>

> > I'm baking a cupcake wedding cake in April for my neice. I'd like to
> > find liners with a wedding theme -- preferably not silver or gold.
> > Maybe white with wedding bells, or something like that?

> Maybe this is off topic... but I caught the boardroom part of Martha's
> Apprentice recently and the project had been wedding cakes. There was
> something said about cupcakes. The team commented about needing liners
> and Martha and her daughter both burst out "You don't need liners!!" I
> can see where trying to remove the liners would actually be a hassel
> and serving without would be neater all the way around. It wouldn't
> have occurred to me, which is why I couldn't be an Apprentice. <G>

Do you NEED liners? NO. That said, I think it makes a better presentation.
Also, cupcakes are sold in liners at bakeries. Therefore, people will
expect them to be in liners. Are they more of a mess or hassle in liners?
I don't know. Is it more of a mess than a slice of cake on a plate? I
don't think so, at least not for the person eating the cupcake. One could
argue that it is more neat. In any case, I think it is splitting hairs.
Personally, I think that serving cupcakes at a wedding that are not in
liners will make it seem more like a child's birthday party. I'm a bit
surprised about Martha's reaction. This is the woman who spends more time
and money on gift wrap than the value of the gift. In Martha's world, it is
presentation, presentation, presentation. I think that the liner is part of
the presentation. Considering that circumstances that the comment arose
from, it might have been more a point of theatrics rather than a conveyance
of fact. It provides more tension to blurt out "You don't need liners (you
idiot, fool, dolt, etc.) rather than say, "Yes dear, I agree."

Since it is a matter of opinion, I would leave the decision up to the
customer. It is the bride's opinion that really matters here, not mine or
Martha's.

Posted to rec.food.baking,rec.food.cooking

I've never heard of cupcake wedding cakes. At first I pictured
building some kind of multi-layer thing with rings and rings of
individual cupcakes! But I assume that is not it
..
Does anyone have links with pictures? Are they iced and decorated,
individually, just on the top -- and hence the desire for nice-looking
papers to cover the sides? Or, if no paper liners, then do you ice and
decorate the sides as well? That sounds awfully labor-intensive to me.

Posted to rec.food.baking,rec.food.cooking
Arri London

" wrote:

> I've never heard of cupcake wedding cakes. At first I pictured
> building some kind of multi-layer thing with rings and rings of
> individual cupcakes! But I assume that is not it
> .
> Does anyone have links with pictures? Are they iced and decorated,
> individually, just on the top -- and hence the desire for nice-looking
> papers to cover the sides? Or, if no paper liners, then do you ice and
> decorate the sides as well? That sounds awfully labor-intensive to me.

Here's one illustration:

http://www.gailwatsoncake.com/kit_cupcake.html

They probably are labour intensive. But then any wedding cake would be.
Posted to rec.food.baking,rec.food.cooking

Arri London wrote:
> " wrote:
> >
> > I've never heard of cupcake wedding cakes. At first I pictured
> > building some kind of multi-layer thing with rings and rings of
> > individual cupcakes! But I assume that is not it
> > .
> > Does anyone have links with pictures? Are they iced and decorated,
> > individually, just on the top -- and hence the desire for nice-looking
> > papers to cover the sides? Or, if no paper liners, then do you ice and
> > decorate the sides as well? That sounds awfully labor-intensive to me.

> Here's one illustration:
>
> http://www.gailwatsoncake.com/kit_cupcake.html
>
> They probably are labour intensive. But then any wedding cake would be.

Thanks for the link. Never saw thet before. Oh my word! That really
is very pricey! But I wonder if that is what the original poster was
talking about. Teflon rings? I think s/he was talking about cupcake
paper liners.

Posted to rec.food.baking,rec.food.cooking
aem

Vox Humana wrote:
> [snip].... I'm a bit
> surprised about Martha's reaction. This is the woman who spends more time
> and money on gift wrap than the value of the gift. In Martha's world, it is
> presentation, presentation, presentation. I think that the liner is part of
> the presentation. [snip]

Don't be surprised. Martha sells non-stick cupcake tins. Maybe she
doesn't sell paper liners. -aem

Posted to rec.food.cooking
ms. tonya

(Vox*Humana)WROTE:
[...]