Nancy Young

Default Frozen bread from Whole Foods

I don't know what possessed me to buy this frozen
bread at Whole Foods, first time I went. This time I
bought two. Not cheap, I think about 2 bucks, and
it's not much there. Put it in the oven, man, it's out of
this world. If all bread was like this I would live on
bread and butter alone.

Whole Foods organic paisano bread. Two people,
room temp butter and a loaf of that: demolish time,
2 minutes.

nancy

Dave Smith

Nancy Young wrote:

> I don't know what possessed me to buy this frozen
> bread at Whole Foods, first time I went. This time I
> bought two. Not cheap, I think about 2 bucks, and
> it's not much there. Put it in the oven, man, it's out of
> this world. If all bread was like this I would live on
> bread and butter alone.
>
> Whole Foods organic paisano bread. Two people,
> room temp butter and a loaf of that: demolish time,
> 2 minutes.

If you like that stuff you should go to a good bakery in
France and try a baguette. While visiting some relatives in
Switzerland, we had some bread they used to get from a 24 hour
patisserie just across the border, only about 5 minutes from
their house. That bread was incredible, the best I have ever
eaten anywhere.

Nancy Young

"Dave Smith" > wrote

> Nancy Young wrote:

>> Whole Foods organic paisano bread. Two people,
>> room temp butter and a loaf of that: demolish time,
>> 2 minutes.

> If you like that stuff you should go to a good bakery in
> France and try a baguette. While visiting some relatives in
> Switzerland, we had some bread they used to get from a 24 hour
> patisserie just across the border, only about 5 minutes from
> their house. That bread was incredible, the best I have ever
> eaten anywhere.

Heh, maybe I can get it flown in every morning. Right after I
hit the lottery.

nancy

Margaret Suran

Nancy Young wrote:
> I don't know what possessed me to buy this frozen
> bread at Whole Foods, first time I went. This time I
> bought two. Not cheap, I think about 2 bucks, and
> it's not much there. Put it in the oven, man, it's out of
> this world. If all bread was like this I would live on
> bread and butter alone.
>
> Whole Foods organic paisano bread. Two people,
> room temp butter and a loaf of that: demolish time,
> 2 minutes.
>
> nancy

Now you tell me. I was at Whole Food yesterday. It is a huge one, on
Columbus Circle, in the same building that has all the new, expensive
restaurants, at any one of which you can get meals that cost $300.00,
before wine, taxes and tips. )

I was there around nine thirty in the morning and they were not really
ready for customers, even though they were open for quite a while. I
left without buying anything, as the two first items I wanted, were
not available yet.
Andy

Nancy Young wrote:

> Whole Foods organic paisano bread. Two people,
> room temp butter and a loaf of that: demolish time,
> 2 minutes.
>
> nancy

nancy,

You make it sound good. I'm going to try it!

Thanks,

Andy

Nancy Young

"Andy" <q> wrote

> Nancy Young wrote:
>
>> Whole Foods organic paisano bread. Two people,
>> room temp butter and a loaf of that: demolish time,
>> 2 minutes.

> You make it sound good. I'm going to try it!

Heh, why do I think I'm going to start owing people $2
for trying it and saying, it was okay.

nancy

Wayne Boatwright

On Sat 22 Oct 2005 06:25:11a, Nancy Young wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> I don't know what possessed me to buy this frozen
> bread at Whole Foods, first time I went. This time I
> bought two. Not cheap, I think about 2 bucks, and
> it's not much there. Put it in the oven, man, it's out of
> this world. If all bread was like this I would live on
> bread and butter alone.
>
> Whole Foods organic paisano bread. Two people,
> room temp butter and a loaf of that: demolish time,
> 2 minutes.
>
> nancy

Bread pigs! :-)

I wish I had a loaf! :-(

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*
_____________________________

http://tinypic.com/eikz78.jpg

Meet Mr. Bailey
Wayne Boatwright

On Sat 22 Oct 2005 06:42:40a, Nancy Young wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> "Dave Smith" > wrote
>
>> Nancy Young wrote:

>>> Whole Foods organic paisano bread. Two people, room temp butter and
>>> a loaf of that: demolish time, 2 minutes.

>> If you like that stuff you should go to a good bakery in
>> France and try a baguette. While visiting some relatives in
>> Switzerland, we had some bread they used to get from a 24 hour
>> patisserie just across the border, only about 5 minutes from
>> their house. That bread was incredible, the best I have ever eaten
>> anywhere.

> Heh, maybe I can get it flown in every morning. Right after I
> hit the lottery.
>
> nancy

Well, hell, then you could have it flown in daily AND have someone bake it
and butter it for you! :-)

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*
_____________________________

http://tinypic.com/eikz78.jpg

Meet Mr. Bailey
Andy

Nancy Young wrote:

>> You make it sound good. I'm going to try it!

> Heh, why do I think I'm going to start owing people $2
> for trying it and saying, it was okay.
>
> nancy

I went to the Whole Foods in Wayne, PA and sadly, they didn't carry that
specific bread! But I did get another brand of supermarket chaos.

Andy

P.S. When you win the lottery, buy a summer house over there instead of
having bread shipped over! )) --A
CooberGirl

"Nancy Young" > wrote in message
>I don't know what possessed me to buy this frozen
> bread at Whole Foods, first time I went. This time I
> bought two. Not cheap, I think about 2 bucks, and
> it's not much there. Put it in the oven, man, it's out of
> this world. If all bread was like this I would live on
> bread and butter alone.
>
> Whole Foods organic paisano bread. Two people,
> room temp butter and a loaf of that: demolish time,
> 2 minutes.

Wow, I'll give that a try. Even if it ends up tasting just ok to me, it's
still hot bread...and sometimes you need hot bread! Probably worth keeping
on hand for those occasions when we want hot/fresh bread but don't have time
to bake or procure it.

Chris

AL

Boo hoo hoo. The store near me had more than 20 different types of frozen
bread and bagels but not the one you mentioned. Funny, I must have walked
by that section a hundred times over the years, but it never occurred to me
to try one.