modom

Default Sprouts and a coupla dinners

I haven't posted in a while. I've been busy lately, and it promises
to get busier. But D and I did have occasion to visit Sprouts in
Plano last Saturday. It's a charmer of a store. North Dallas rfc
folks would surely enjoy it. Good, fresh produce, much of it locally
grown. Or regionally, anyway. Decent prices on minimally processed
and/or hormone-free meats. Interesting prepared foods and condiments.
Here's the URL: http://www.sprouts.com/

Of course, we had to drive to Plano, which is pretty scary. Sprawl,
y'all, buncha sprawl. And the crazy part of it is the fact that Plano
is now on the southern end of the northward migrations. Metro-mess
"planners" want to dam up more east Texas rivers and flood more
cropland and pastures just to catch up with watering all those nice
lawns up in Frisco. We'll just import the food, I guess.

But I digress.

At Sprouts we bought some cool stuff like quality boneless pork chops
and organic chicken breasts and chile rubbed dried pineapple chunks
and little Asian eggplants and long Japanese eggplants and nice jars
of artichoke hearts and prepared whole grain mustard and... Well, you
get the point. But I have to add that the Sprouts brand canned tuna
is reasonably priced and high quality.

This week on various evenings, I've made dinners with our haul. One
night the main dish was pork chops, pounded thin, marinated in nuoc
mam and lemon juice with a little Sriracha hot sauce, and wrapped
around chile pineapple pieces (diced) with preserved lemon pieces and
kaffir lime leaves. These I grilled. I had to pull the leaves out
before serving, but that wasn't too much trouble. Very good.

Tonight it was boneless, skinless chicken breasts, pounded thin and
marinated in olive oil, lemon juice and black pepper, then wrapped
around pieces of roasted garlic, marinated artichoke hearts, tasso
shavings, and preserved lemon pieces. These I pan seared and finished
in the oven. Also good, but a flavored mayo would have made it
better.

modom

No TV Dinners without TV [email protected] General Cooking 0 20-02-2013 04:30 AM
Coupla good dinners these last two nights Bob Terwilliger[_1_] General Cooking 2 01-11-2007 06:31 AM
TV dinners Anon Diabetic 61 16-02-2007 08:25 PM
How do your dinners come together? Ludmillia General Cooking 1 28-08-2006 01:15 PM