Sheldon

Jimmy RACIST Tango wrote:
> Chinese Chicken Casserole
>
> 1/2 cup chicken broth
> 2 10 1/2-oz cans cream of mushroom soup

Chinese don't cook with cream, you racist imbecile.

Sheldon

Jen

"Jimmy Tango" > wrote in message
> Chinese Chicken Casserole
>
> 1/2 cup chicken broth
> 2 10 1/2-oz cans cream of mushroom soup
> 4 cups cooked, diced chicken
> 1/4 cup minced onion
> 1 1/3 cups diced celery
> 1 3-oz can Chinese noodles *
> 1/3 cup toasted almonds
>
> Blend first 6 ingredients; place in casserole. Bake in 325 degree
> oven for 40 minutes. Sprinkle with almonds just before serving.
>
> * you don't need to scour the Asian markets, this item may be
> purchased at your local supermarket!

What's can of Chinese noodles?. I'm from Australia, I've never heard of
them before. I assume they're precooked and canned? Maybe I can substitute
cooked noodles.

--
Jen

Wayne Boatwright

On Mon 10 Oct 2005 05:34:01p, Jen wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> "Jimmy Tango" > wrote in message
>> Chinese Chicken Casserole
>>
>> 1/2 cup chicken broth
>> 2 10 1/2-oz cans cream of mushroom soup
>> 4 cups cooked, diced chicken
>> 1/4 cup minced onion
>> 1 1/3 cups diced celery
>> 1 3-oz can Chinese noodles *
>> 1/3 cup toasted almonds
>>
>> Blend first 6 ingredients; place in casserole. Bake in 325 degree
>> oven for 40 minutes. Sprinkle with almonds just before serving.
>>
>> * you don't need to scour the Asian markets, this item may be
>> purchased at your local supermarket!

> What's can of Chinese noodles?. I'm from Australia, I've never heard of
> them before. I assume they're precooked and canned? Maybe I can
> substitute cooked noodles.

No, Jen, these are crisp fried noodles, not just cooked noodles. Scroll
down on this page for "La Choy Noodles Chow Mein".

http://products.peapod.com/572.html

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*
_____________________________

http://tinypic.com/dzijap.jpg

Popie-In-The-Bowl
Jen

"
>> What's can of Chinese noodles?. I'm from Australia, I've never heard of
>> them before. I assume they're precooked and canned? Maybe I can
>> substitute cooked noodles.
>>

> No, Jen, these are crisp fried noodles, not just cooked noodles.

So even though they're canned, they're not actually in a liquid? I think I
know a substitute here. Thanks

--
Jen

Wayne Boatwright

On Mon 10 Oct 2005 06:15:43p, Jen wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> "
>>> What's can of Chinese noodles?. I'm from Australia, I've never heard
>>> of them before. I assume they're precooked and canned? Maybe I can
>>> substitute cooked noodles.
>>>

>> No, Jen, these are crisp fried noodles, not just cooked noodles.

> So even though they're canned, they're not actually in a liquid? I
> think I know a substitute here. Thanks

Right, no liquid. Just dry crispy fried noodles.

Good luck!

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*
_____________________________

http://tinypic.com/dzijap.jpg

Popie-In-The-Bowl
Terry Pulliam Burd

On Tue, 11 Oct 2005 01:15:43 GMT, "Jen" >
wrote:

>So even though they're canned, they're not actually in a liquid? I think I
>know a substitute here. Thanks

You're going to actually *try* this recipe? Uh, I've always thought
that his recipes were tongue-in-cheek, meant to be parodies of some of
our more pretentious foodie posts. <shrug>

Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd
AAC(F)BV66.0748.CA

"Just what kind of jackassery do I have to put up with today?" Danae
in "Non Sequitur"

Wayne Boatwright

On Mon 10 Oct 2005 08:31:27p, Terry Pulliam Burd wrote in
rec.food.cooking:

> On Tue, 11 Oct 2005 01:15:43 GMT, "Jen" >
> wrote:
>
>>So even though they're canned, they're not actually in a liquid? I
>>think I know a substitute here. Thanks

> You're going to actually *try* this recipe? Uh, I've always thought
> that his recipes were tongue-in-cheek, meant to be parodies of some of
> our more pretentious foodie posts. <shrug>

Actually, Terry, if I really wanted to make a nostalgic 1950s casserole, this
would certainly be representative. Absolutely authentic. It also wouldn't
surprise me if this didn't turn up as a "hot dish" in MN. This, and recipes
like it, turn up frequently in old church and community cookbooks.

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*
_____________________________

http://tinypic.com/dzijap.jpg

Popie-In-The-Bowl
Jen

"Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message
> On Mon 10 Oct 2005 08:31:27p, Terry Pulliam Burd wrote in
> rec.food.cooking:
>>
>> You're going to actually *try* this recipe? Uh, I've always thought
>> that his recipes were tongue-in-cheek, meant to be parodies of some of
>> our more pretentious foodie posts. <shrug>

> Actually, Terry, if I really wanted to make a nostalgic 1950s casserole,
> this
> would certainly be representative. Absolutely authentic. It also
> wouldn't
> surprise me if this didn't turn up as a "hot dish" in MN. This, and
> recipes
> like it, turn up frequently in old church and community cookbooks.

That's right, these sorts of things are great when you're in a hurry. Just
so quick and easy. And I think this one sounds good. Why is everyone
picking on this bloke?

--
Jen

Wayne Boatwright

On Mon 10 Oct 2005 09:52:52p, Jen wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> "Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message
>> On Mon 10 Oct 2005 08:31:27p, Terry Pulliam Burd wrote in
>> rec.food.cooking:
>>>
>>> You're going to actually *try* this recipe? Uh, I've always thought
>>> that his recipes were tongue-in-cheek, meant to be parodies of some of
>>> our more pretentious foodie posts. <shrug>

>> Actually, Terry, if I really wanted to make a nostalgic 1950s
>> casserole, this would certainly be representative. Absolutely
>> authentic. It also wouldn't surprise me if this didn't turn up as a
>> "hot dish" in MN. This, and recipes like it, turn up frequently in
>> old church and community cookbooks.
>>

> That's right, these sorts of things are great when you're in a hurry.
> Just so quick and easy. And I think this one sounds good. Why is
> everyone picking on this bloke?

The rants are usually from those who feature themselves as the arbiters of
"good taste" and "acceptable" food dishes. If they were really honest,
many of them would have to admit that they grew up on dishes like this.
It's perfectly okay if they don't like them and choose not to make or eat
them, but it's no reason to put them down.

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*
_____________________________

http://tinypic.com/dzijap.jpg

Popie-In-The-Bowl
Nancy Young

"Jen" > wrote

> That's right, these sorts of things are great when you're in a hurry.
> Just so quick and easy. And I think this one sounds good. Why is
> everyone picking on this bloke?

Because he/it/whatever comes to the newsgroup, floods it with a battery
of recipes that make fun of the title which they have assigned, it's all
just
a joke. Or a troll, if you will.

Makes me really miss Buffy Lyer. A lot.

nancy

pennyaline

Jimmy Tango wrote:
> Chinese Chicken Casserole
>
> 1/2 cup chicken broth
> 2 10 1/2-oz cans cream of mushroom soup
> 4 cups cooked, diced chicken
> 1/4 cup minced onion
> 1 1/3 cups diced celery
> 1 3-oz can Chinese noodles *
> 1/3 cup toasted almonds
>
> Blend first 6 ingredients; place in casserole. Bake in 325 degree
> oven for 40 minutes. Sprinkle with almonds just before serving.
>
> * you don't need to scour the Asian markets, this item may be
> purchased at your local supermarket!

I knew it. It's Sandra Lee!!

<how are ya, girlfriend?>

Nancy Young

"pennyaline" > wrote

> Jimmy Tango wrote:

>> * you don't need to scour the Asian markets, this item may be
>> purchased at your local supermarket!

> I knew it. It's Sandra Lee!!
>
> <how are ya, girlfriend?>

(laughing really loud!) It is Ubi!!