Andy

Default How simple can it get?

Well?

--
Andy
http://tinyurl.com/dzl7h
cathyxyz

Andy wrote:
> Well?

Water?

Cheers
Cathy(xyz) - who assumes this is some kind of word association game

Andy

cathyxyz wrote:

> Andy wrote:
>> Well?
>>

> Water?
>
> Cheers
> Cathy(xyz) - who assumes this is some kind of word association game

Could be.

Andy
Toast
cathyxyz

Andy wrote:
> cathyxyz wrote:
>

> > Andy wrote:
> >> Well?
> >>

> > Water?
> >
> > Cheers
> > Cathy(xyz) - who assumes this is some kind of word association game

> Could be.
>
> Andy
> Toast

Hmmm. Scrambled eggs - well that's what we had for breakfast, anyway
Cheers
Cathy(xyz)

~patches~

Andy wrote:

> Well?

I woke up about 3:30 this morning to the sounds of very high winds. I
haven't been able to get back to sleep. Something tells me life just
isn't going to be simple today But who needs simple when there's all
kinds of great food to entertain us?

Shaun aRe

"Andy" <q> wrote in message
.. .
> Well?

That depends. How long have you got?

Shaun aRe

Shaun aRe

"~patches~" > wrote in message
> Andy wrote:
>
> > Well?
> >

> I woke up about 3:30 this morning to the sounds of very high winds.

High winds aren't a problem for most since they blow ell overhead. It's
those low winds ya gotta watch out for.

Shaun aRe

~patches~

Shaun aRe wrote:

> "~patches~" > wrote in message
>
>>Andy wrote:
>>

>>>Well?
>>>

>>I woke up about 3:30 this morning to the sounds of very high winds.

> High winds aren't a problem for most since they blow ell overhead. It's
> those low winds ya gotta watch out for.
>

> Shaun aRe

Kind of a pain since they are blowing everything around. At least they
are cleaning out the trees before the nasty weather starts There's
downed branches everywhere. It's going to take me a good hour to clean
up the mess. The garden and greenhouse fared well even though it blew
the gh door open. I didn't need that with the cool temps but the plants
don't look like they suffered any. It looks like I may have to pick the
rest of the green tomatoes if this cold snap lasts much longer. The
winds are still high tossing more branches around so there's no point
starting to clean up until they die down. I might just as well be
cooking instead It just might be a good morning for oatmeal or maybe
bacon & eggs instead of fruit & yogurt.
Dee Randall

"~patches~" > wrote in message
> Andy wrote:
>
>> Well?
>>

> I woke up about 3:30 this morning to the sounds of very high winds. I
> haven't been able to get back to sleep. Something tells me life just
> isn't going to be simple today But who needs simple when there's all
> kinds of great food to entertain us?

Oh, patches. I love high winds and thunder, too. But about food, my
sentiments exactly. If I'm not cooking, I'm reading about food. At the
library yesterday to pick up Microwave Gourmet recommended by Tammy, I
picked up these other books.
Saveur Cooks Authentic French
Saveur Cooks Authentic Italian
Cooking Light Annual Recipes/2004-2005
Best Recipe (Cook'Illustrated) "American Classics"
Williams-Sonoma "Desserts"
Perfect Cakes by Nick Malgieri
Pie and Pastry Bible - Beranbaum
Inside America's Test Kitchen
Williams-Sonoma "Pasta with Sauces"
This is all my DH could carry - tee hee.

I was able to find 6 raw milk European cheeses, Valhrona cocoa powder & 3
different kinds of chocolate, kefir, free range chick and chicken breasts,
organic coffee, a 6-pack of beer from Holland, and I can't remember what
else at Whole Foods.

My kitchen counters are straightened up this morning and I'm having my first
cuppa after a successful day at Lombardi Cancer Center in Georgetown - D.C.
My 9th year free of breast cancer. And I'm looking forward to this day.
Happy Cooking, Patches.
Dee Dee

Debbie

"Dee Randall" > wrote in message

| "~patches~" > wrote in message
| > Andy wrote:
| >
| >> Well?
| >>
| > I woke up about 3:30 this morning to the sounds of very high winds. I
| > haven't been able to get back to sleep. Something tells me life just
| > isn't going to be simple today But who needs simple when there's all
| > kinds of great food to entertain us?
|
| Oh, patches. I love high winds and thunder, too. But about food, my
| sentiments exactly. If I'm not cooking, I'm reading about food. At the
| library yesterday to pick up Microwave Gourmet recommended by Tammy, I
| picked up these other books.
| Saveur Cooks Authentic French
| Saveur Cooks Authentic Italian
| Cooking Light Annual Recipes/2004-2005
| Best Recipe (Cook'Illustrated) "American Classics"
| Williams-Sonoma "Desserts"
| Perfect Cakes by Nick Malgieri
| Pie and Pastry Bible - Beranbaum
| Inside America's Test Kitchen
| Williams-Sonoma "Pasta with Sauces"
| This is all my DH could carry - tee hee.

I could never bring home that many recipe books. I would be feverishly
writing down recipes to use "someday" that I'd be driving myself mad. I
know this from experience.. hence the number of recipe books in my library.
Now I can sit and enjoy reading them. :-)|

| My kitchen counters are straightened up this morning and I'm having my
first
| cuppa after a successful day at Lombardi Cancer Center in Georgetown -
D.C.
| My 9th year free of breast cancer. And I'm looking forward to this day.

Congrats Dee! Wonderful news yesterday and a great way to start off the
day.

Debbie

Andy

Dee Randall wrote:

> My kitchen counters are straightened up this morning and I'm having my
> first cuppa after a successful day at Lombardi Cancer Center in
> Georgetown - D.C. My 9th year free of breast cancer. And I'm looking
> forward to this day.

Dee Dee,

Miracles don't come any better than that, imho.

Congrats!

Andy
~patches~

Dee Randall wrote:

> "~patches~" > wrote in message
>
>>Andy wrote:
>>

>>>Well?
>>>

>>I woke up about 3:30 this morning to the sounds of very high winds. I
>>haven't been able to get back to sleep. Something tells me life just
>>isn't going to be simple today But who needs simple when there's all
>>kinds of great food to entertain us?

> Oh, patches. I love high winds and thunder, too. But about food, my
> sentiments exactly. If I'm not cooking, I'm reading about food. At the

I don't like high winds or thunder and I really hate lightening DH
loves the thunder and lightening. When the winds pick up here we
usually get damage and at the very least more work.

> library yesterday to pick up Microwave Gourmet recommended by Tammy, I
> picked up these other books.
> Saveur Cooks Authentic French
> Saveur Cooks Authentic Italian
> Cooking Light Annual Recipes/2004-2005
> Best Recipe (Cook'Illustrated) "American Classics"
> Williams-Sonoma "Desserts"
> Perfect Cakes by Nick Malgieri
> Pie and Pastry Bible - Beranbaum
> Inside America's Test Kitchen
> Williams-Sonoma "Pasta with Sauces"
> This is all my DH could carry - tee hee.

He let you get all of those?

> I was able to find 6 raw milk European cheeses, Valhrona cocoa powder & 3
> different kinds of chocolate, kefir, free range chick and chicken breasts,
> organic coffee, a 6-pack of beer from Holland, and I can't remember what
> else at Whole Foods.

I've never been to a Whole Foods but that sounds really good!

> My kitchen counters are straightened up this morning and I'm having my first
> cuppa after a successful day at Lombardi Cancer Center in Georgetown - D.C.
> My 9th year free of breast cancer. And I'm looking forward to this day.

Dee, many many congrat on being cancer free! May your life be long and
filled with all kinds of good foods We lost DDIL's sister to breast
cancer this past Feb. She was 31 and left two adorable toddlers plus a
DH behind. DDIL is not very anxious to have kids anymore and is
constantly worried about cancer.

> Happy Cooking, Patches.

Thanks!
> Dee Dee

Dee Randall

"Debbie" > wrote in message
.. .

> "Dee Randall" > wrote in message

> | > I woke up about 3:30 this morning to the sounds of very high winds. I
> | > haven't been able to get back to sleep. Something tells me life just
> | > isn't going to be simple today But who needs simple when there's
> all
> | > kinds of great food to entertain us?
> |
> | Oh, patches. I love high winds and thunder, too. But about food, my
> | sentiments exactly. If I'm not cooking, I'm reading about food. At the
> | library yesterday to pick up Microwave Gourmet recommended by Tammy, I
> | picked up these other books.
> | Saveur Cooks Authentic French
> | Saveur Cooks Authentic Italian
> | Cooking Light Annual Recipes/2004-2005
> | Best Recipe (Cook'Illustrated) "American Classics"
> | Williams-Sonoma "Desserts"
> | Perfect Cakes by Nick Malgieri
> | Pie and Pastry Bible - Beranbaum
> | Inside America's Test Kitchen
> | Williams-Sonoma "Pasta with Sauces"
> | This is all my DH could carry - tee hee.
>
> I could never bring home that many recipe books. I would be feverishly
> writing down recipes to use "someday" that I'd be driving myself mad. I
> know this from experience.. hence the number of recipe books in my
> library.
> Now I can sit and enjoy reading them. :-)|

Yes, I tend to drive myself crazy when I see too many recipes in a library
book(s), so I will have to buy it, because there are too many to write
down. My DH suggested & volunteered that instead of scanning the pages
(some of the books are just too heavy and large) that he (or I can do it)
take pictures of the recipes I liked. Then if I want to look it up on the
computer, I have it there, and if I like it, I can print it out. I always
write up a recipe to take to the kitchen anyway instead of cooking out of
the book. Too many bugs will get into the books!
Books, books everywhere.
Dee Dee

Dee Randall

"~patches~" > wrote in message
> Dee Randall wrote:
>
>> "~patches~" > wrote in message
>>
>> Oh, patches. I love high winds and thunder, too. But about food, my
>> sentiments exactly. If I'm not cooking, I'm reading about food. At the

> I don't like high winds or thunder and I really hate lightening DH
> loves the thunder and lightening. When the winds pick up here we usually
> get damage and at the very least more work.

We lost DDIL's sister to breast
> cancer this past Feb. She was 31 and left two adorable toddlers plus a DH
> behind. DDIL is not very anxious to have kids anymore and is constantly
> worried about cancer.

Sorry to hear of the loss in your family. It is a tragic for young women who
never get to see their children grow up and all the other wonderful things
to enjoy in life.

Yes, even tho I like thunder, I associate lightening now with the three
replacements of pump/material in our 500' water well. I've heard it strike
3 times. Lightening now equates = $$$ spent. My mother taught me to love
winds, thunder and lightening when I was little; we always went to the porch
swing to enjoy it; perhaps because there was little else we could do.
Dee Dee

Shaun aRe

"~patches~" > wrote in message
> Shaun aRe wrote:

> >>I woke up about 3:30 this morning to the sounds of very high winds.

> > High winds aren't a problem for most since they blow ell overhead. It's
> > those low winds ya gotta watch out for.
> >

> > Shaun aRe
> >

> Kind of a pain since they are blowing everything around. At least they
> are cleaning out the trees before the nasty weather starts There's
> downed branches everywhere. It's going to take me a good hour to clean
> up the mess. The garden and greenhouse fared well even though it blew
> the gh door open. I didn't need that with the cool temps but the plants
> don't look like they suffered any. It looks like I may have to pick the
> rest of the green tomatoes if this cold snap lasts much longer. The
> winds are still high tossing more branches around so there's no point
> starting to clean up until they die down. I might just as well be
> cooking instead It just might be a good morning for oatmeal or maybe
> bacon & eggs instead of fruit & yogurt.

Well have fun, and I hope it doesn't get any worse for ya.

Hey - at least you should have lots of good firewood after this huh? - I
like finding the silver linings ',;~}~

Shaun aRe

notbob

On 2005-09-29, Andy <q> wrote:

> Toast

That's my choice, no butter. It's cooked, no attention required, a
plain wheatberry toast and black coffee making a good morning diet
combo.

nb
Seamus

Baked air. done very rare.

Andy

Seamus wrote:

> Baked air. done very rare.

Rare Air... sounds expensive!

Andy
jmcquown

"Shaun aRe" > wrote in message
eenews.net...

> "~patches~" > wrote in message
> > Shaun aRe wrote:

> > > High winds aren't a problem for most since they blow ell overhead.

It's
> > > those low winds ya gotta watch out for.
> > >

> > > Shaun aRe
> > >

> > Kind of a pain since they are blowing everything around. At least they
> > are cleaning out the trees before the nasty weather starts There's
> > downed branches everywhere. It's going to take me a good hour to clean
> > up the mess. The garden and greenhouse fared well even though it blew
> > the gh door open. I didn't need that with the cool temps but the plants
> > don't look like they suffered any. It looks like I may have to pick the
> > rest of the green tomatoes if this cold snap lasts much longer. The
> > winds are still high tossing more branches around so there's no point
> > starting to clean up until they die down. I might just as well be
> > cooking instead It just might be a good morning for oatmeal or maybe
> > bacon & eggs instead of fruit & yogurt.

> Well have fun, and I hope it doesn't get any worse for ya.
>
> Hey - at least you should have lots of good firewood after this huh? - I
> like finding the silver linings ',;~}~
>

> Shaun aRe

Hey! Thanks for reminding me to go pick up kindling after the storm we had
last night! The temps are cooling down (at least temporarily) and I'll need
some in a few weeks or a month!

Jill

Seamus

Rare air
Easy to prepare.
Start the oven and you're already there.

Andy

Seamus wrote:

> Rare air
> Easy to prepare.
> Start the oven and you're already there.

Any other air just doesn't compare!
Seamus

Andy wrote:
> Seamus wrote:
>
> > Rare air
> > Easy to prepare.
> > Start the oven and you're already there.

> Any other air just doesn't compare!

You can roast an bike.
You can roast a bear.
but nothing's like
rare prepared air.

Andy

Seamus wrote:

> Andy wrote:
>> Seamus wrote:
>>
>> > Rare air
>> > Easy to prepare.
>> > Start the oven and you're already there.

>> Any other air just doesn't compare!

> You can roast an bike.
> You can roast a bear.
> but nothing's like
> rare prepared air.

And as you huff and puff
be well aware,
there's nothing quite like
clean fresh rare air.

Nancy Young

"Andy" <q> wrote in message
.. .
> Seamus wrote:
>

>> Andy wrote:

>>> Any other air just doesn't compare!

>> You can roast an bike.
>> You can roast a bear.
>> but nothing's like
>> rare prepared air.

> And as you huff and puff
> be well aware,
> there's nothing quite like
> clean fresh rare air.

For rare, I don't care
I like mine well done
No problem there
Self cleaning cycle, that's fun!

modom

On Thu, 29 Sep 2005 03:10:36 -0500, Andy <q> wrote:

>Well?

We need to learn how to photosynthesize.

modom

Seamus

modom wrote:
> On Thu, 29 Sep 2005 03:10:36 -0500, Andy <q> wrote:
>
> >Well?

> We need to learn how to photosynthesize.
>

> modo

I'd like to be the fungal partner of a lichen and let the algae do the
photsynthesizing for me