Nic

Default OT ? icing for cake's questions

I am thinking of making a cake.
I was going to make the cake from scratch, something I haven't done in ages
and though it make a change.
I was also going to make the icing from scratch.
I was going to ice and decorate it but now I'm a little confused.

I did do a Google search and have given up as I could spend many more hours
reading all the sites it lists,
I was thinking of cream cheese icing or buttercream icing. (but it seems
there is a million choice's with a million ingredients or isn't chocolate
enough.) (and which is cheaper to make ? not that cost really matters to
me )

So. do you have a fail proof icing recipe that I could make a few days in
advance and doesn't need the temperature taken whilst in the making stage ?

Or do you know of something else that I can use as icing to mould onto or
around a cake ?

TIA
Nic

Mr. Wizard

u...

?

> Or do you know of something else that I can use as icing to mould onto or
> around a cake ?
>
> TIA
> Nic

Buttercream tastes the best and is the easiest to
color and flavor and can be stored for ten days
in the refrigerator.
If it is too stiff after you re-whip it, add a couple
tablespoons of light corn syrup to thin it down.