serene

Default Lunches today and yesterday

Today's lunch: Pressure-cooked three cups of split peas, nine cups of
water, two quartered onions, three ribs of chopped celery, three sliced
carrots, a bay leaf, and a smoked turkey leg. Added salt when it was
done, took the leg out (it was wrapped in cheesecloth), cooled it long
enough to be able to handle it, cut up the meat, and added it back in.
Yummy.

Yesterday's lunch: Sauteed scallops in butter and olive oil with red
peppers, tomatoes, garlic, and green olives. Saved the broth from the
sautee and made a reduction with some cream. Mixed the scallop mixture
with hot pasta, poured the reduction over it, and topped it with slices
of goat cheese and dabs of salmon roe. When it was all mixed up, it
tasted almost like (don't laugh) seafood stroganoff. Very fancy-pretty,
and very tasty.

serene, who is usually at work at dinnertime these days
Penny Lane

"serene" > wrote in message
> Today's lunch: Pressure-cooked three cups of split peas, nine cups of
> water, two quartered onions, three ribs of chopped celery, three sliced
> carrots, a bay leaf, and a smoked turkey leg. Added salt when it was
> done, took the leg out (it was wrapped in cheesecloth), cooled it long
> enough to be able to handle it, cut up the meat, and added it back in.
> Yummy.
>
> Yesterday's lunch: Sauteed scallops in butter and olive oil with red
> peppers, tomatoes, garlic, and green olives. Saved the broth from the
> sautee and made a reduction with some cream. Mixed the scallop mixture
> with hot pasta, poured the reduction over it, and topped it with slices
> of goat cheese and dabs of salmon roe. When it was all mixed up, it
> tasted almost like (don't laugh) seafood stroganoff. Very fancy-pretty,
> and very tasty.
>
> serene, who is usually at work at dinnertime these days

You are an incredibly imaginative cook! I would pay you to bring my lunch!
I do lite frozen dinners, yogurt with fruit, sugar free pudding, apples/pb.
Very little imagination anyway...oh and lo fat stick cheese...a treat is
Subway for chix wrap. P