Default FoodTV New Star Show

I regret that someone's homosexuality was aired on the show. It was
inappropriate and had nothing to do with their cooking ability. They
should simply be allowed to cook and excel at that craft. At least it
was on after 9PM EST.

I'm sure I get flamed for this, but I post anyway.

Which show is this, since you are advertising it?

And was he cute?

Chris Lemon

"Rick Rider" > wrote in
message ...
> What? I saw the show and totally missed "any" reference to homosexuality.

The two guys are a *** couple. And in their application video, THEY
mentioned it and even went so far as to say that they should be considered
because "*** people are very hot right now" on television.

So I think if they're gonna play that card as a selling point, it should
ABSOLUTELY be mentioned on the program.
--
Chris Lemon

http://fredsmythe.com
EFNet: FredSmyth

http://fredsmythe.com
> EFNet: FredSmyth

Who's your favorite? I like the woman who likes healthy stuff (but she
needs to get rid of the "plastic" presence) and also Harmony. For the
men, I like the black guy best overall, but he really, REALLY needs to
lose weight - he's so heavy, it makes me uncomfortable to watch him. I
think he's heavier than Paul Prudhomme used to be.

I also like the *** guys.

N.

Default User

Chris Lemon wrote:
> "Rick Rider" > wrote in
> message ...
> > What? I saw the show and totally missed "any" reference to homosexuality.

> The two guys are a *** couple. And in their application video, THEY
> mentioned it and even went so far as to say that they should be considered
> because "*** people are very hot right now" on television.

They also mentioned it when they did the egg cooking demonstration.

Brian

Bob

Brian replied:

>> The two guys are a *** couple. And in their application video, THEY
>> mentioned it and even went so far as to say that they should be
>> considered because "*** people are very hot right now" on television.

> They also mentioned it when they did the egg cooking demonstration.

I don't watch whatever show is being discussed here, but this struck me as
funny. I'm imagining a femboi indicating his proclivity by warbling, "THESE
are the only ova in THIS kitchen!"

(I'm not homophobic, but I'm often amused by the way stereotypes are
applied.)

Bob

It is not a matter of hiding in the sand. I would not have wanted a
married couple getting on there saying, "Hey, we have sex together and
that's hot right now. Pick us!" I wouldn't have wanted to have to
answer those questions while watching a cooking show either. It was
inappropriate for a cooking show.

I thought the guy from GA was okay, but I think he has a lot to learn
about showing his pesonality. He seemed better suited for "Great
Chefs" on PBS instead of FoodTV. After him I think the lady that lost
89lbs. has a good chance, but she's a little too professional.

It should have been mentioned by them if that was their selling point.
I agree. What I do not like is that the food network actually cared
about it! In fact they did not say they picked them because they
admitted homosexuality, but it is difficult to escape that it had
something to do with their decision. But I hope not. Yet another
channel that I have to monitor relentlessly for filth.

There were other threads in this group that weren't even food related.
At least this thread is somewhat food related maybe third cousin once
removed, but related. Nor did you respond to anything I said accept
that I am somehow a "homophobe."

Nancy Young

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> It should have been mentioned by them if that was their selling point.
> I agree. What I do not like is that the food network actually cared
> about it! In fact they did not say they picked them because they
> admitted homosexuality, but it is difficult to escape that it had
> something to do with their decision. But I hope not. Yet another
> channel that I have to monitor relentlessly for filth.

Wow, I don't know what happened, but filth? I doubt that.

nancy

There were other non-food threads with hundreds of messages in this
group. At least mine was semi-related to something that would interest
those who would post in a food newsgroup.

You didn't respond to anything I said except that I was a homophobe for
some reason. I guess if I would have objected to heterosexuals saying
they had sex and that that was hot and should be considered for the
show, that'd be a prude, so I guess I'm just out of luck with you. I
suppose you'll have to kill me, as you said.

Damsel

"Nancy Young" > said:

> wrote in message
roups.com...
>> It should have been mentioned by them if that was their selling point.
>> I agree. What I do not like is that the food network actually cared
>> about it! In fact they did not say they picked them because they
>> admitted homosexuality, but it is difficult to escape that it had
>> something to do with their decision. But I hope not. Yet another
>> channel that I have to monitor relentlessly for filth.

>Wow, I don't know what happened, but filth? I doubt that.

I think the OP is anticipating that FoodTV will be showing two guys going
at it on a kitchen counter top.

Carol

--
CLICK DAILY TO FEED THE HUNGRY
United States:

Filth was probably the wrong word.

sf

On Sun, 5 Jun 2005 22:51:23 -0700, Chris Lemon wrote:

> "Rick Rider" > wrote in
> message ...
> > What? I saw the show and totally missed "any" reference to homosexuality.

> The two guys are a *** couple. And in their application video, THEY
> mentioned it and even went so far as to say that they should be considered
> because "*** people are very hot right now" on television.
>
> So I think if they're gonna play that card as a selling point, it should
> ABSOLUTELY be mentioned on the program.

IMO: If it's not obvious, why not???
sf

http://fredsmythe.com
> > EFNet: FredSmyth

> Who's your favorite? I like the woman who likes healthy stuff (but she
> needs to get rid of the "plastic" presence) and also Harmony. For the
> men, I like the black guy best overall, but he really, REALLY needs to
> lose weight - he's so heavy, it makes me uncomfortable to watch him. I
> think he's heavier than Paul Prudhomme used to be.

Who ARE these people you're talking about???? Name NAMES! Don't make
me guess.

> I also like the *** guys.

I <too> have friends who are ***... some are men, some are women.
So, does that make us different from the rest of America?
sf

On Mon, 06 Jun 2005 12:42:34 -0500, Andy wrote:

> TMI.

I'm stupid when it comes to translating capital letters (or lower case
for that matter).

Monsur Fromage du Pollet

sf wrote on 07 Jun 2005 in rec.food.cooking

http://fredsmythe.com
> > > EFNet: FredSmyth

> > Who's your favorite? I like the woman who likes healthy stuff
> > (but she needs to get rid of the "plastic" presence) and also
> > Harmony. For the men, I like the black guy best overall, but
> > he really, REALLY needs to lose weight - he's so heavy, it
> > makes me uncomfortable to watch him. I think he's heavier than
> > Paul Prudhomme used to be.
> >

> Who ARE these people you're talking about???? Name NAMES! Don't
> make me guess.
>
> > I also like the *** guys.
> >

> I <too> have friends who are ***... some are men, some are women.
> So, does that make us different from the rest of America?

Let's see 1 guy in 10 is ***...So if you know 10 men ...Chances are...

Type 2 Diabetic Since Aug 2004
1AC- 7.2, 7.3, 5.5, 5.6 mmol
Weight from 265 down to 215 lbs. and dropping.
Continuing to be Manitoban
Bob

Monsur Fromage du Pollet wrote:

> Let's see 1 guy in 10 is ***...So if you know 10 men ...Chances are...

Better yet: If you know NINE guys and none of them are ***, then YOU must be
***. :-)

Bob

HEY! Who cares about someones sexuality, if they present a good
program, and can cook creatively......who the hell cares if they are ***
or *******...?
Its the person that counts on the inside.

chas

text="white"></html>

Hairy

> wrote in message
> HEY! Who cares about someones sexuality, if they present a good
> program, and can cook creatively......who the hell cares if they are ***
> or *******...?
> Its the person that counts on the inside.
>

> chas

I agree completely. Unless homosexuals cook differently from the rest of us,
there was no need to mention it. It appears that they just wanted to flaunt
it and promote their lifestyle.

I thought it was wrong to stereotype folks. What makes it obvious?
Wouldn't that be what they'd say anyway?

The show is partially judged on personality. These homosexuals see
their identity wrapped up in their sexual choice. That is why they
chose to flaunt it. It served a double purpose. One because they do
not see the need or believe they can act differently than their sexual
choice, and two, because they believe it will help them in the
"personality" department.

Funny, none of the people that have sex with the opposite sex have
their personality wrapped up in their sexual choice. I guess it was
just too ordinary and not "hot" as the "couple" stated.

She's actually very good. Or at least she is better than Harmony or
that guy that looks like Peter Brady.

Of course I wouldn't point it out. It is irrelevant.