Dog3

Default The art museum

Was good today. The enchiladas at Chuys divine I did a green sauce' Twas
good.I do not know what Josh is up to. Gawd, I'm gonna kill him, I swear.

Michael

jmcquown

Dog3 wrote:
> Was good today. The enchiladas at Chuys divine I did a green sauce'
> Twas good.I do not know what Josh is up to. Gawd, I'm gonna kill him,
> I swear.
>
> Michael

Relax... my father still says that about me and I'm a lot older than Josh
Glad the museum and food was nice.

Jill

Wayne Boatwright

On Mon 30 May 2005 03:13:08p, Dog3 wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> Was good today. The enchiladas at Chuys divine I did a green sauce' Twas
> good.I do not know what Josh is up to. Gawd, I'm gonna kill him, I swear.
>
> Michael

Didn't Chuy's do the green sauce and you ate it? Or are you cooking for them
now? :-)

Did Josh disappear? Did you say earlier that he's drinking a bit? How old
is he?

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*

Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974
Dog3

Wayne Boatwright > wrote in
:

> On Mon 30 May 2005 03:13:08p, Dog3 wrote in rec.food.cooking:
>
>> Was good today. The enchiladas at Chuys divine I did a green sauce'
>> Twas good.I do not know what Josh is up to. Gawd, I'm gonna kill him,
>> I swear.
>>
>> Michael

> Didn't Chuy's do the green sauce and you ate it? Or are you cooking
> for them now? :-)
>
> Did Josh disappear? Did you say earlier that he's drinking a bit?
> How old is he?

Josh is 21 and Nicholas is 23. Yes, Josh is drinking heavily. I'm way
concerned about it too.

Yes, Chuy's did the green sauce and I ate it. I must not have made myself
clear in the earlier post. Right now I've got indigestion and can't sleep.
Chuy's Verde' sauce is delish but I suffer afterwards. Gawd I love the
stuff and their seasonings are excellent. You get good Mexican in AZ?

Michael <- loves Mexican and especilly loves the green sauce
Wayne Boatwright

On Tue 31 May 2005 01:30:03a, Dog3 wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> Wayne Boatwright > wrote in
> :
>
>> On Mon 30 May 2005 03:13:08p, Dog3 wrote in rec.food.cooking:
>>
>>> Was good today. The enchiladas at Chuys divine I did a green sauce'
>>> Twas good.I do not know what Josh is up to. Gawd, I'm gonna kill him,
>>> I swear.
>>>
>>> Michael

>> Didn't Chuy's do the green sauce and you ate it? Or are you cooking
>> for them now? :-)
>>
>> Did Josh disappear? Did you say earlier that he's drinking a bit?
>> How old is he?
>>

> Josh is 21 and Nicholas is 23. Yes, Josh is drinking heavily. I'm way
> concerned about it too.

Hopefully it's just a phase. You know, turning 21 and all. Do you know
if he's been doing it very long?

> Yes, Chuy's did the green sauce and I ate it. I must not have made
> myself clear in the earlier post. Right now I've got indigestion and
> can't sleep. Chuy's Verde' sauce is delish but I suffer afterwards. Gawd
> I love the stuff and their seasonings are excellent. You get good
> Mexican in AZ?
>
> Michael <- loves Mexican and especilly loves the green sauce

Yep, the green sauce is very good! Did Chuy's drop the tri-tip from their
menu in your area? They recently did that here and I'm disappointed.
Last time I was there I had the mahi and it was excellent. Have you tried
it?

--
Wayne Boatwright

Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974

Dog3

Wayne Boatwright > wrote in
:

> On Tue 31 May 2005 01:30:03a, Dog3 wrote in rec.food.cooking:
>
>> Wayne Boatwright > wrote in
>> :

>>> Didn't Chuy's do the green sauce and you ate it? Or are you cooking
>>> for them now? :-)
>>>
>>> Did Josh disappear? Did you say earlier that he's drinking a bit?
>>> How old is he?
>>>

>> Josh is 21 and Nicholas is 23. Yes, Josh is drinking heavily. I'm way
>> concerned about it too.

> Hopefully it's just a phase. You know, turning 21 and all. Do you
> know if he's been doing it very long?
>
>> Yes, Chuy's did the green sauce and I ate it. I must not have made
>> myself clear in the earlier post. Right now I've got indigestion and
>> can't sleep. Chuy's Verde' sauce is delish but I suffer afterwards.
>> Gawd I love the stuff and their seasonings are excellent. You get
>> good Mexican in AZ?
>>
>> Michael <- loves Mexican and especilly loves the green sauce

> Yep, the green sauce is very good! Did Chuy's drop the tri-tip from
> their menu in your area? They recently did that here and I'm
> disappointed. Last time I was there I had the mahi and it was
> excellent. Have you tried it?

I'm not really sure what you mean by the tri-tip. Chuys is a small joint.
Are you thinking of Chevy's? I automatically tip 20-25% if service and food
are good. I'm not real sure about the tipping things. I just watch the
check. Chili Verde at Chuys is excellent. I wish I could do it just as
well.

Michael
Wayne Boatwright

On Tue 31 May 2005 08:58:05a, Dog3 wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> Wayne Boatwright > wrote in
> :
>
>> On Tue 31 May 2005 01:30:03a, Dog3 wrote in rec.food.cooking:
>>
>>> Wayne Boatwright > wrote in
>>> :

>>> Josh is 21 and Nicholas is 23. Yes, Josh is drinking heavily. I'm way
>>> concerned about it too.

>> Hopefully it's just a phase. You know, turning 21 and all. Do you
>> know if he's been doing it very long?
>>
>>> Yes, Chuy's did the green sauce and I ate it. I must not have made
>>> myself clear in the earlier post. Right now I've got indigestion and
>>> can't sleep. Chuy's Verde' sauce is delish but I suffer afterwards.
>>> Gawd I love the stuff and their seasonings are excellent. You get
>>> good Mexican in AZ?
>>>
>>> Michael <- loves Mexican and especilly loves the green sauce

>> Yep, the green sauce is very good! Did Chuy's drop the tri-tip from
>> their menu in your area? They recently did that here and I'm
>> disappointed. Last time I was there I had the mahi and it was
>> excellent. Have you tried it?
>>

> I'm not really sure what you mean by the tri-tip. Chuys is a small
> joint. Are you thinking of Chevy's? I automatically tip 20-25% if
> service and food are good. I'm not real sure about the tipping things. I
> just watch the check. Chili Verde at Chuys is excellent. I wish I could
> do it just as well.

The Chuy's here in the Phoenix area are moderate size places, the full name
of which is Chuy's Mesquite Grille They were "famous" for their marinated,
rubbed and smoked, then grilled and sliced tri-tip (roast) beef, served up
on a place with rice and beans. They have a salsa bar where you can add
ample helpings of at last half a dozen salsas. Don't know why they dropped
the tri-tip. It was one of the best things on the menu.

--
Wayne Boatwright

Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974
AlleyGator

Dog3 > wrote:

>Was good today. The enchiladas at Chuys divine I did a green sauce' Twas
>good.I do not know what Josh is up to. Gawd, I'm gonna kill him, I swear.
>
>Michael

I assume you mean the one on Art Hill. Haven't been there since I was
a kid. Haven't seen Forest Park in about 15 years. That is (or at
least was) an exceptionally nice art museum for a city that size.

--
The Doc says my brain waves closely match those of a crazed ferret.
At least now I have an excuse.
AlleyGator

Dog3 > wrote:

>I forgot to ask (St. Louis question) what part of town did you live in? I
>like almost all areas around here. Most areas are great. I lived in the
>Central West End and now I'm in Glendale (Webster and Kirkwood). South
>City is good, South Side is great. I love The Hill. Most parts of the
>North side are great too. Of course I'm pathetic, I love it all. My fave
>is the CWE though. Nothing beats it and I want to go back.
>
>Michael <- city boy

Well, I never lived in the city. I grew up in Wood River, IL (phew!)
and many years later lived for a short time in Granite City and Alton.
Spent a lot of time over there and knew it like the back of my hand -
now I'd just get lost, since many of the familiar streets are covered
by Sports Domes, Hotels and other such nonsense. I spent a large
amonunt of time in the 8th to 10th St, Washington avenue area (and
miraculously, I'm still alive). Remember Dooley's, the Branded Bagle
and, of course OT HOdge? And some incredibly greasy-spoon type place
on the corner of 9th and Washington, across from the Bank of St.
Louis. First time I was there, a waitress walked over to the table
nex to me, killed a roach with her towel and kept cleaning tables with
it. Also, there was a really nice hotel very close, where they had
actually closed off the street for that mafia guy that ran the city -
we happened to show up there one day when his entourage of limos and
goons piled out with their guns to give him an escort. he died in
prison, but his son carried on the business. At that hotel, we ate
lunch one day, and sat at a table right next to Sorkus Webbe jr. I
kept waiting for a bomb to go off or something. (That happened on a
regular basis around the city for a few years, you know)