Chris Neidecker

Default Wayne

"Dog3" > wrote in message
1...
> The 3 of us mingled and had a really good
> time. My 2 friends got hammered and I drank club soda with lime all
> evening and drove the other 2 home. Never have I seen 2 people put away so
> much booze in one evening.

The last time I had an evening like that with two friends who got really
drunk (tequila, gin, champagne, beer -- yuck!) after a great meal, one of
them got sick on the way home. We were on a highway on which I did not feel
inclined to pull over at 2 a.m., so instead of getting sick on my leather
seats, she politely used her purse. It was such a teeny-tiny purse, but it
held up well, and she was very delicate about the whole thing. Only
problem -- the cell phone and electronic key fob inside the teeny-tiny purse
are now history.

I was supposed to go out with those two tonight, but my little guy was up
half the night with a fever and other lovely symptoms (he is *not* delicate
about throwing up!), so I'll be home with a toddler glued to my shoulder
instead. Oh well!

Glad you had fun, and your dinner sounded awesome. HUGE, but awesome.
Wayne, have you been to this restaurant before?

Chris

Serene

Chris Neidecker > wrote:

> I was supposed to go out with those two tonight, but my little guy was up
> half the night with a fever and other lovely symptoms (he is *not* delicate
> about throwing up!), so I'll be home with a toddler glued to my shoulder
> instead. Oh well!

Aww, poor little guy. Is he any better?

serene
--
http://serenejournal.livejournal.com
http://www.jhuger.com
Wayne Boatwright

On Sun 17 Apr 2005 06:42:04a, Chris Neidecker wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> "Dog3" > wrote in message
> 1...
>> The 3 of us mingled and had a really good
>> time. My 2 friends got hammered and I drank club soda with lime all
>> evening and drove the other 2 home. Never have I seen 2 people put away
>> so much booze in one evening.
>>

> The last time I had an evening like that with two friends who got really
> drunk (tequila, gin, champagne, beer -- yuck!) after a great meal, one
> of them got sick on the way home. We were on a highway on which I did
> not feel inclined to pull over at 2 a.m., so instead of getting sick on
> my leather seats, she politely used her purse. It was such a teeny-tiny
> purse, but it held up well, and she was very delicate about the whole
> thing. Only problem -- the cell phone and electronic key fob inside the
> teeny-tiny purse are now history.
>
> I was supposed to go out with those two tonight, but my little guy was
> up half the night with a fever and other lovely symptoms (he is *not*
> delicate about throwing up!), so I'll be home with a toddler glued to my
> shoulder instead. Oh well!
>
> Glad you had fun, and your dinner sounded awesome. HUGE, but awesome.
> Wayne, have you been to this restaurant before?
>
> Chris

No, but it's one of Michael's favorites. I haven't lived in St. Louis for
many years, though I'd love to go back.

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*

Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974
Chris Neidecker

"Serene" > wrote in message
> Chris Neidecker > wrote:
>
>> I was supposed to go out with those two tonight, but my little guy was up
>> half the night with a fever and other lovely symptoms (he is *not*
>> delicate
>> about throwing up!), so I'll be home with a toddler glued to my shoulder
>> instead. Oh well!

> Aww, poor little guy. Is he any better?

Thanks for asking...he's drinking and eating now, so that's a relief, but
he's still got the fever, cough, etc.