Vickie

Default I found it

It took me a while, but I found the group. I really have missed all of
you. I got involved in a cooking newsletter and writing 2 columns for
it. (Actually, I cheat. I copy and paste a lot of the time). For those
of You that don't know me or remember me my name is Vickie. I am a
Grandma in Salt Lake City. I love to cook but never follow a recipe.
LOL
I hope to see some familiar names around here.

Damsel in dis Dress

A little birdie told me that "Vickie" > said:

>It took me a while, but I found the group. I really have missed all of
>you. I got involved in a cooking newsletter and writing 2 columns for
>it. (Actually, I cheat. I copy and paste a lot of the time). For those
>of You that don't know me or remember me my name is Vickie. I am a
>Grandma in Salt Lake City. I love to cook but never follow a recipe.
>LOL
>I hope to see some familiar names around here.

Oh! I didn't realize you had lost the newsgroup! No WONDER I haven't seen
you posting lately! Glad to have you back!

Carol
--
Coming at you live, from beautiful Lake Woebegon
Miche

In article .com>,
"Vickie" > wrote:

> It took me a while, but I found the group. I really have missed all of
> you. I got involved in a cooking newsletter and writing 2 columns for
> it. (Actually, I cheat. I copy and paste a lot of the time). For those
> of You that don't know me or remember me my name is Vickie. I am a
> Grandma in Salt Lake City. I love to cook but never follow a recipe.
> LOL
> I hope to see some familiar names around here.

Well hi there! How ya been?

Miche

--
WWMVD?
Melba's Jammin'

In article .com>,
"Vickie" > wrote:

> It took me a while, but I found the group. I really have missed all of
> you. I got involved in a cooking newsletter and writing 2 columns for
> it. (Actually, I cheat. I copy and paste a lot of the time).

I think that's called plagiarism, Vickie, if you present it as your own
writing.
--
-Barb, <http://www.jamlady.eboard.com> Cam Ranh Bay food added 4-8-05.
Sam I Am! updated 4-9-05.
Katra

In article >,
Melba's Jammin' > wrote:

> In article .com>,
> "Vickie" > wrote:
>
> > It took me a while, but I found the group. I really have missed all of
> > you. I got involved in a cooking newsletter and writing 2 columns for
> > it. (Actually, I cheat. I copy and paste a lot of the time).

> I think that's called plagiarism, Vickie, if you present it as your own
> writing.

Yep! ;-)
Plagerism is ok as long as you remember to call it "research" AND credit
your sources!!!
--
K.

Vickie

I always give the source of my information, and quite often a link if I
have gotten it from a website or other newsletter. I also ask before I
do it. Sometimes I add my own notes and say "Vickie's Notes" I write a
lot myself too. One is a Frugal Column and the other is Tips and hints.
With the tips and hints, I get the same tips frommmm so many different
sources it is hard to find where it originated
Vickie

AlleyGator

"Vickie" > wrote:

>It took me a while, but I found the group. I really have missed all of
>you. I got involved in a cooking newsletter and writing 2 columns for
>it. (Actually, I cheat. I copy and paste a lot of the time). For those
>of You that don't know me or remember me my name is Vickie. I am a
>Grandma in Salt Lake City. I love to cook but never follow a recipe.
>LOL
>I hope to see some familiar names around here.

If you basically never follow a recipe, I guess you're a genius in my
book. <G>. Welcome back.

Melba's Jammin'

In article . com>,
"Vickie" > wrote:

> I always give the source of my information,

Glad to hear it!

and quite often a link if I
> have gotten it from a website or other newsletter. I also ask before I
> do it. Sometimes I add my own notes and say "Vickie's Notes" I write a
> lot myself too. One is a Frugal Column and the other is Tips and hints.
> With the tips and hints, I get the same tips frommmm so many different
> sources it is hard to find where it originated

Yup, that IS a problem. I found out long ago that this wonderful cake
recipe I have that "I got from my neighbor" was a Pillsbury Bake-Off
finalist or winner or something.

* Exported from MasterCook Mac *

Kentucky Butter Cake

Recipe By : posted yet again to r.f.cooking by Barb Schaller,
4-17-05
Serving Size : 24 Preparation Time :1:30
Categories : Cakes/Cake Desserts

3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup unsalted butter -- softened
2 cups sugar
4 eggs
1 cup buttermilk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

1 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter
1/4 cup water
1 tablespoon vanilla extract

Sift dry ingredients. Cream butter, gradually add sugar, creaming well.
Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each. Combine buttermilk
and vanilla. Alternately add dry ingredients and buttermilk to creamed
mixture, beginning and ending with dry ingredients, blending after each
addition. Pour into 10² greased and floured tube pan or 12-cup Bundt
pan and bake at 325° for 60-65 minutes. After baking, poke lots of
holes in cake with bamboo skewer and slowly pour hot butter sauce over
top.

To make butter sauce, combine sugar, butter, and water in saucepan.
Heat until butter is melted. Do not boil. Add vanilla. Pour over cake
in pan. Let sit a few minutes then turn out onto serving plate.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Per serving: 278 Calories; 13g Fat (42% calories from fat); 3g Protein;
38g Carbohydrate; 68mg Cholesterol; 192mg Sodium
Food Exchanges: 1 Starch/Bread; 1 1/2 Fruit; 2 1/2 Fat; 1 1/2 Other
Carbohydrates

NOTES : Believe this was a Pillsbury Bake-Off Prizewinner or finalist
from the late 1960s. Recipe from Clydie North, neighbor across the
street when we moved in.

_____

--
-Barb, <http://www.jamlady.eboard.com> Cam Ranh Bay food added 4-8-05.
Sam I Am! updated 4-9-05.
Damsel in dis Dress

A little birdie told me that Melba's Jammin' >
said:

>NOTES : Believe this was a Pillsbury Bake-Off Prizewinner or finalist
>from the late 1960s. Recipe from Clydie North, neighbor across the
>street when we moved in.

Searched the Bake-Off website, and couldn't find anything about this
recipe. http://www.pillsbury.com/bakeoff/

Carol
--
Coming at you live, from beautiful Lake Woebegon
Petey the Wonder Dog

Far as I can tell, someone wrote:
>It took me a while, but I found the group.

Gee golly. for a minute I thought you were going to say you had found new life in
Jesus Christ or something, like that idiot who spams every group in the world with
his heaven information.

nancree

Hey, Miche. Can't find a meaning for your anagram "WWMVD". Did you
make it up? Or?

Nancree

Damsel in dis Dress

A little birdie told me that Petey the Wonder Dog
> said:

>Far as I can tell, someone wrote:
>>It took me a while, but I found the group.

>Gee golly. for a minute I thought you were going to say you had found new life in
>Jesus Christ or something, like that idiot who spams every group in the world with
>his heaven information.

Naw, I'm pretty sure that Vickie is an atheist.

Carol, who really has no clue on the Vickie's spiritual views
--
Coming at you live, from beautiful Lake Woebegon
Melba's Jammin'

In article >,
wrote:

> A little birdie told me that Melba's Jammin' >
> said:
>
> >NOTES : Believe this was a Pillsbury Bake-Off Prizewinner or
> >finalist from the late 1960s. Recipe from neighbor across the
> >street when we moved in.

> Searched the Bake-Off website, and couldn't find anything about this
> recipe.
http://www.pillsbury.com/bakeoff/

> Carol

Possible my notation is wrong about how it placed, but it was a Bake-Off
offering. May not have placed. Pity.
--
-Barb, <http://www.jamlady.eboard.com> Cam Ranh Bay food added 4-8-05.
Sam I Am! updated 4-9-05.
AlleyGator

Petey the Wonder Dog > wrote:

>Far as I can tell, someone wrote:
>>It took me a while, but I found the group.

>Gee golly. for a minute I thought you were going to say you had found new life in
>Jesus Christ or something, like that idiot who spams every group in the world with
>his heaven information.

Well, for a second I thought the cross-posting shit was getting out of
hand - then I noticed you're not cross-posting. I guess you're all
right <G>.
Jeff Bienstadt

Katra wrote:

> In article >,
> Melba's Jammin' > wrote:
>
>> In article .com>,
>> "Vickie" > wrote:
>>
>> > It took me a while, but I found the group. I really have missed all of
>> > you. I got involved in a cooking newsletter and writing 2 columns for
>> > it. (Actually, I cheat. I copy and paste a lot of the time).

>> I think that's called plagiarism, Vickie, if you present it as your own
>> writing.

> Yep! ;-)
> Plagerism is ok as long as you remember to call it "research" AND credit
> your sources!!!

Plagiarize!
Let no one else's work evade your eyes!
Remember why the good Lord made your eyes,
So don't shade your eyes,
But plagiarize, plagiarize, plagiarize!
(Remembering to always call it, please, "research")
-- Tom Lehrer, "Lobachevsky"

Petey the Wonder Dog

Far as I can tell, someone wrote:

>>Gee golly. for a minute I thought you were going to say you had found new life in
>>Jesus Christ or something, like that idiot who spams every group in the world with
>>his heaven information.
>>

>Well, for a second I thought the cross-posting shit was getting out of
>hand - then I noticed you're not cross-posting

Oh wait. I get it... "cross" posting.

sf found [email protected] General Cooking 0 27-04-2017 03:02 AM
Found it! piedmont Barbecue 24 17-05-2010 04:25 PM
found! Tracy[_2_] General Cooking 36 22-02-2010 09:16 PM
Look what I found!!! She Devil Esq. General Cooking 28 22-02-2010 01:14 PM
here are some of the best I have found Paul Sourdough 0 12-10-2007 06:36 AM