Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Look what I found!!!

Hi All!

I know it's been ages and ages since I posted here..but I was *so*
excited...look what I found in my own back yard!!!

http://twitpic.com/1326yl/full

Miss you all!

Love,

Anne

I am: Mom, Attorney, Internet Public Policy CEO and Advocate for
Fathers
No longer looking for Lorna Taylor, Sumi Furiya, or a Chinese Zodiac
Table because I found them all!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"She Devil Esq." > wrote in message
> Hi All!
>
> I know it's been ages and ages since I posted here..but I was *so*
> excited...look what I found in my own back yard!!!
>

> http://twitpic.com/1326yl/full
>
> Miss you all!
>
> Love,
>
> Anne
>
> I am: Mom, Attorney, Internet Public Policy CEO and Advocate for
> Fathers
> No longer looking for Lorna Taylor, Sumi Furiya, or a Chinese Zodiac
> Table because I found them all!

Let me just rush to click on that. *snort*

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Feb 13, 10:24*pm, "cybercat" > wrote:
> "She Devil Esq." > wrote in ...
>

> > Hi All!

> > I know it's been ages and ages since I posted here..but I was *so*
> > excited...look what I found in my own back yard!!!

> >http://twitpic.com/1326yl/full

> > Miss you all!

> > Love,

> > Anne

> > I am: * Mom, Attorney, Internet Public Policy CEO and Advocate for
> > Fathers
> > No longer looking for Lorna Taylor, Sumi Furiya, or a Chinese Zodiac
> > Table because I found them all!

> Let me just rush to click on that. *snort*

Well, if you *knew* me, you'd know that it probably was something fun
to look at. So, either you're relatively new, or you've forgotten
me. :-(

But assuming that Mimi, Kay, Anne Bourget, and the others are still
around, they will definitely appreciate it.

Anne

I am: Mom, Attorney, Internet Public Policy CEO and Advocate for
Fathers
No longer looking for Lorna Taylor, Sumi Furiya, or a Chinese Zodiac
Table because I found them all!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"She Devil Esq." > wrote in message

On Feb 13, 10:24 pm, "cybercat" > wrote:

> Let me just rush to click on that. *snort*

Well, if you *knew* me, you'd know that it probably was something fun
to look at. So, either you're relatively new, or you've forgotten
me. :-(

But assuming that Mimi, Kay, Anne Bourget, and the others are still
around, they will definitely appreciate it.

Anne

Good to see you again, Anne. It looked like a Penzey's, is it? And
does the local zoning board know that you are allowing a business to operate
out of your "own back yard"????? hehehe

boli

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"She Devil Esq." > wrote in news:a0f9d23f-470c-
:

> Hi All!
>
> I know it's been ages and ages since I posted here..but I was *so*
> excited...look what I found in my own back yard!!!

http://twitpic.com/1326yl/full

A man in a check shirt??

Doing some shopping, no less :-)

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrites.

-- Albert Einstein --

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article
"She Devil Esq." > wrote:

> Hi All!
>
> I know it's been ages and ages since I posted here..but I was *so*
> excited...look what I found in my own back yard!!!
>

> http://twitpic.com/1326yl/full

Oh mah lordy lord. I'm almost glad Penzeys aren't out here because
between them, Lush and my local yarn store I'd be permanently stony
broke!

Miche

--
Electricians do it in three phases
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article
"She Devil Esq." > wrote:

> Well, if you *knew* me, you'd know that it probably was something fun
> to look at. So, either you're relatively new, or you've forgotten
> me. :-(
>
> But assuming that Mimi, Kay, Anne Bourget, and the others are still
> around, they will definitely appreciate it.

Sadly, none of them are.

--
Electricians do it in three phases
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article
"She Devil Esq." > wrote:

> Hi All!
>
> I know it's been ages and ages since I posted here..but I was *so*
> excited...look what I found in my own back yard!!!

> http://twitpic.com/1326yl/full

> I am: Mom, Attorney, Internet Public Policy CEO and Advocate for
> Fathers

Wow. Nice to see you again, Anne.
Looks like a Penzeys to me.
--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
http://web.me.com/barbschaller
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article
"She Devil Esq." > wrote:

> On Feb 13, 10:24*pm, "cybercat" > wrote:
> > "She Devil Esq." > wrote in
> >

> > Let me just rush to click on that. *snort*

> Well, if you *knew* me, you'd know that it probably was something fun
> to look at. So, either you're relatively new, or you've forgotten
> me. :-(
>
> But assuming that Mimi, Kay, Anne Bourget, and the others are still
> around, they will definitely appreciate it.
>
> Anne

Oh, dear. . . . They've been gone for years, Anne. Years and years. .
.. If you stick around for, oh, say a day or three, you'll understand
why. :-*( Rec.food.cooking is not what it used to be. Christine
Dabney is till around, Victor Sack, a few others.

Filters help, but not entirely.
--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
http://web.me.com/barbschaller
Dom Schallerovych 2-10-2010
Posted to rec.food.cooking

She Devil Esq. wrote:
> Hi All!
>
> I know it's been ages and ages since I posted here..but I was *so*
> excited...look what I found in my own back yard!!!
>

> http://twitpic.com/1326yl/full
>
> Miss you all!
>
> Love,
>
> Anne

Aha! I have the same less than 5 minutes away.

Soooo, when are we going to be seeing more of you around here?

--
Jean B.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Miche wrote:
> In article
> >,
> "She Devil Esq." > wrote:
>
>> Hi All!
>>
>> I know it's been ages and ages since I posted here..but I was *so*
>> excited...look what I found in my own back yard!!!
>>

>> http://twitpic.com/1326yl/full

> Oh mah lordy lord. I'm almost glad Penzeys aren't out here because
> between them, Lush and my local yarn store I'd be permanently stony
> broke!
>
> Miche

Actually, one can just buy the little containers as needed, so one
spends less at a time than when doing mail orders. (Unless one is
stocking up right after the local Penzey's opens.)

--
Jean B.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 13 Feb 2010 20:55:20 -0800 (PST), "She Devil Esq."
> wrote:

> Hi All!
>
> I know it's been ages and ages since I posted here..but I was *so*
> excited...look what I found in my own back yard!!!
>

> http://twitpic.com/1326yl/full
>
> Miss you all!

WB, Anne. Long time no see! What is the name of this store?

--
I love cooking with wine.
Sometimes I even put it in the food.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 13 Feb 2010 21:42:07 -0800 (PST), "She Devil Esq."
> wrote:

> Well, if you *knew* me, you'd know that it probably was something fun
> to look at. So, either you're relatively new, or you've forgotten
> me. :-(

Well, you got me. I was expecting plant life! LOL It looked great
though. What did you buy?

--
I love cooking with wine.
Sometimes I even put it in the food.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" > wrote in message ...
| On Sat, 13 Feb 2010 20:55:20 -0800 (PST), "She Devil Esq."
| > wrote:
|
| > Hi All!
| >
| > I know it's been ages and ages since I posted here..but I was *so*
| > excited...look what I found in my own back yard!!!
| >

| > http://twitpic.com/1326yl/full
| >
| > Miss you all!
| >
| WB, Anne. Long time no see! What is the name of this store?

A retail outlet of Penzeys: http://www.penzeys.com/
Well worth spending a fortune, if one is near you.

pavane

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Miche > wrote:
>In article
>,
> "She Devil Esq." > wrote:
>
>> Hi All!
>>
>> I know it's been ages and ages since I posted here..but I was *so*
>> excited...look what I found in my own back yard!!!
>>

>> http://twitpic.com/1326yl/full

Hi Anne!

I can't blame you for being excited. I was thrilled when the first Norcal
Penzey's opened up ... one block away from our hairdressers. Not
exactly in my back yard but a lot closer than Torrance (which was
annoying because I got charged sales tax on mail orders) and close enough
for an expedition, even if I can't work it into my hair schedule.

>Oh mah lordy lord. I'm almost glad Penzeys aren't out here because
>between them, Lush and my local yarn store I'd be permanently stony
>broke!

I buy in the bag and fill my own/refill jars as possible. Saves some on
the $$.

Charlotte

Posted to rec.food.cooking

She Devil Esq. wrote:
> On Feb 13, 10:24 pm, "cybercat" > wrote:
>> "She Devil Esq." > wrote in ...
>>

>>> Hi All!
>>> I know it's been ages and ages since I posted here..but I was *so*
>>> excited...look what I found in my own back yard!!!
>>> http://twitpic.com/1326yl/full
>>> Miss you all!

Long time no see! May you spend many happy times in your new find.
I know it makes me happy to go there.

Stop in more often, willya?

gloria p
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Miche > wrote:

> In article
> >,
> "She Devil Esq." > wrote:
>
> > Well, if you *knew* me, you'd know that it probably was something fun
> > to look at. So, either you're relatively new, or you've forgotten
> > me. :-(
> >
> > But assuming that Mimi, Kay, Anne Bourget, and the others are still
> > around, they will definitely appreciate it.

I think I saw a few posts from Mimi when I was first here. I've used
her a web page a few times, and it's still available from the rfc home
page.

I met Kay at the one and only cookin I went to. She and Jack were
interesting people.

I saw a few posts from Anne, also. I still remember the instructions
for pressing a chicken:

1. Put chicken on driveway
2. Start your Volvo

> Sadly, none of them are.

But others have joined the group since then.

--
Dan Abel
Petaluma, California USA

Posted to rec.food.cooking

She Devil Esq. > wrote in message
> Well, if you *knew* me, you'd know that it probably was
> something fun to look at.

Anne, you don't _want_ cybertwit to know you. It's simply not worth the
indigestion.

> So, either you're relatively new, or you've forgotten
> me. :-(

It's been a dog's age! Hopefully you'll find more time to post again.
ba.food's still hopping, too.

> But assuming that Mimi, Kay, Anne Bourget, and the others
> are still around, they will definitely appreciate it.

Others will definitely appreciate it.

The Ranger

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"She Devil Esq." > wrote in message
> Hi All!
>
> I know it's been ages and ages since I posted here..but I was *so*
> excited...look what I found in my own back yard!!!
>

> http://twitpic.com/1326yl/full

You found a guy named Herb wearing a plaid shirt in a store?

Paul

Posted to rec.food.cooking

She Devil Esq. > wrote:

> I know it's been ages and ages since I posted here..but I was *so*
> excited...look what I found in my own back yard!!!
>
> http://twitpic.com/1326yl/full

I have a few little plastic containers of Penzeys' spices a certain evil
person sent me all the way from America.

So, are you still interested in "raw food"?

Victor

Posted to rec.food.cooking

She Devil Esq. wrote:
> Hi All!
>
> I know it's been ages and ages since I posted here..but I was *so*
> excited...look what I found in my own back yard!!!
>

> http://twitpic.com/1326yl/full

Happy-happy, joy-joy. :-P The first time I went there, I had to
sniff all the spices, including the ones I was not interested in.

Nice to see you back.

Becca
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 13 Feb 2010 20:55:20 -0800 (PST), "She Devil Esq."
> wrote:

>Hi All!
>
>I know it's been ages and ages since I posted here..but I was *so*
>excited...look what I found in my own back yard!!!

Jeez, where've you been, girl?

Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd

---

"If the soup had been as warm as the wine,
if the wine had been as old as the turkey,
and if the turkey had had a breast like the maid,
it would have been a swell dinner." Duncan Hines
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 14 Feb 2010 20:14:52 +1300, Miche > wrote:

>In article
>,
> "She Devil Esq." > wrote:
>
>> Well, if you *knew* me, you'd know that it probably was something fun
>> to look at. So, either you're relatively new, or you've forgotten
>> me. :-(
>>
>> But assuming that Mimi, Kay, Anne Bourget, and the others are still
>> around, they will definitely appreciate it.

>Sadly, none of them are.

Yahbut, we still are! <waving at Miche and Anne!>

Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd

---

"If the soup had been as warm as the wine,
if the wine had been as old as the turkey,
and if the turkey had had a breast like the maid,
it would have been a swell dinner." Duncan Hines
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Wow wow...hi everybody!!!

Let's see...lots of questions - lots of answers!

be *delighted* to create an rfc mailing list, which will pretty much
ensure *no* spam. What say you guys?

Heck..I'm just going to do it. ;-)

Ok..there...there is now a hosted mailing list set up for
rec.food.cooking folks who want safe alternate (not replacement!)
place to post, with no trolls, no spam, just us rec.food.cooking
stuff. :-)

Go he

http://concerto.isipp.com/mailman/li...c.food.cooking

Christine - yes, we *did* meet at Meg's, and I did shortly thereafter
have our son! (Er, my husband's and mine, not yours and mine!)

Charlotte - how very cool about the Penzey's in MP, and do say hi to
our mutual hairdresser for me!

Dan - heh, my daughter is now driving that volvo, and I've been
vegetarian for going on 12 years. ;-) And yes, I still am into raw
food:

http://www.AdventuresInRawFood.com

sf, Miche, Squeaks, Barb of the amazing peach jam, Gloria, Ranger (!)
(did I miss anyone? If so, I'm sorry!).... we moved from the Bay
area 2 years ago, and now live in *glorious* Boulder, Colorado (where
I just learned we are getting our own Penzey's in a few months!)

Wow..it's so great to see you all!

Oh, and I really did get my Chinese zodiac table!!:

http://www.mangemerde.com/no-longer-...-zodiac-table/

:-)

Anne

---
I am: Mom, Attorney, Internet Public Policy CEO and Advocate for
Fathers
No longer looking for Lorna Taylor, Sumi Furiya, or a Chinese Zodiac
Table because I found them all!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

She Devil Esq. > wrote:

>Wow wow...hi everybody!!!
>
>sf, Miche, Squeaks, Barb of the amazing peach jam, Gloria, Ranger (!)
>(did I miss anyone? If so, I'm sorry!).... we moved from the Bay
>area 2 years ago, and now live in *glorious* Boulder, Colorado (where
>I just learned we are getting our own Penzey's in a few months!)
>
>Wow..it's so great to see you all!

Well hello! Thanks for dropping by.

Steve

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 13 Feb 2010 20:55:20 -0800 (PST), She Devil Esq. wrote:

> Hi All!
>
> I know it's been ages and ages since I posted here..but I was *so*
> excited...look what I found in my own back yard!!!

I take it that's a Penzy's.

Welcome back. See you again in another 4 years?

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 14 Feb 2010 17:25:34 -0800 (PST), She Devil Esq. wrote:

> sf, Miche, Squeaks, Barb of the amazing peach jam, Gloria, Ranger (!)
> (did I miss anyone? If so, I'm sorry!)....

<sniff, sniff>

> we moved from the Bay
> area 2 years ago, and now live in *glorious* Boulder, Colorado (where
> I just learned we are getting our own Penzey's in a few months!)

You and notbob can have a BA reunion.

And you're not missing much in ba.food. Don't even bother.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Feb 16, 8:26*pm, Sqwertz > wrote:
> On Sat, 13 Feb 2010 20:55:20 -0800 (PST), She Devil Esq. wrote:
> > Hi All!

> > I know it's been ages and ages since I posted here..but I was *so*
> > excited...look what I found in my own back yard!!!

> I take it that's a Penzy's.

I'd recognize that place anywhere. We've got one very close too.
Just restocked peppercorns and got some cumin yesterday. Anybody who
thinks that Penzey's is this elite place where foodies pay high prices
is so wrong. I save money buying from them.

> -sw

--Bryan

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> I'd recognize that place anywhere. *We've got one very close too.
> Just restocked peppercorns and got some cumin yesterday. *Anybody who
> thinks that Penzey's is this elite place where foodies pay high prices
> is so wrong. *I save money buying from them.

Ohmygosh yes! Best.. spice.. prices .. ever!!!

The little jars are rarely over $2.00 (some are, but most aren't), but
the biggest secret is that the 4 ounce bags are often *less* even than
the little jars. When I first started hanging around and soaking up
the wisdom in RFC, I couldn't imagine that an online spice place could
have better, fresher spices and herbs than our local upscale stores -
let alone be less expensive.

Penzeys: Nordstrom spices at Walmar prices.

:-)

Anne

P.S. Hi Sqwertz!

sf found [email protected] General Cooking 0 27-04-2017 03:02 AM
Found it! piedmont Barbecue 24 17-05-2010 04:25 PM
found! Tracy[_2_] General Cooking 36 22-02-2010 09:16 PM
here are some of the best I have found Paul Sourdough 0 12-10-2007 06:36 AM
I found it Vickie General Cooking 15 19-04-2005 12:44 AM