Andy

Default KitchenAid accessories?

I'm thinking about getting the KitchenAid citrus juicer.

Any experiences?

I like the meat grinder and pasta accessories but I'm finicky about
citrus juicers.

My only "anality" with juicers is the strainer gets clogged after a few
oranges and broken seeds slip through the strainer slots.

Is the KitchenAid citrus juicer accessory a good choice?

Andy
Bart D. Hull

Andy,

A juicer is a necessity in Arizona with all these monster lemons,
grapefruit, oranges and limes free for the collecting! I have a
KitchenAid juicer and like it.You must be careful that you don't "grab"
too tightly onto the spinning juicer or you will crack it. (You really
have to go overboard to damage it, but my brother did manage to do this
when we were kids.)

I like that you can change the speed of the juicer to suit your
preference. It is easy to clean as you can throw it all in the
dishwasher. I also like that I don't have another motorized appliance
lying around taking space when I could just have another attachment.
Unfortunately it really isn't any cheaper than buying a motorized one.

Just a note to the rest of the group. What would you like as an
attachment to a Kitchenaid that they don't already make? I really like
all the different attachments that they presently make but I try not
to clutter my kitchen with stuff I don't regularly use.

Look at http://www.kitchenaid.com/catalog/ca...categoryId=158
to see the attachments offered now. I don't see their new ice cream
bowl listed yet.

I'm thinking a blender attachment or a food processor, would be cool.

Bart D. Hull

Tempe, Arizona

Check
http://www.inficad.com/~bdhull/engine.html
for my Subaru Engine Conversion
Check http://www.inficad.com/~bdhull/fuselage.html
for Tango II I'm building.

Remove -nospam to reply via email.

Andy wrote:
> I'm thinking about getting the KitchenAid citrus juicer.
>
> Any experiences?
>
> I like the meat grinder and pasta accessories but I'm finicky about
> citrus juicers.
>
> My only "anality" with juicers is the strainer gets clogged after a few
> oranges and broken seeds slip through the strainer slots.
>
> Is the KitchenAid citrus juicer accessory a good choice?
>
> Andy

Andy

"Bart D. Hull" > wrote in news:4260185c$0$82358
:

> I like that you can change the speed of the juicer to suit your
> preference.

Bart,

That's a great selling point! Also, less elbow-grease is a plus. Cleaning
is a breeze, no matter manual or auto, in the sink.

Andy

--
"What can possibly go wrong... go wrong... go wrong..."
- Pop
Terry Pulliam Burd

On Fri, 15 Apr 2005 13:17:26 -0500, Andy > wrote:

>I'm thinking about getting the KitchenAid citrus juicer.
>
>Any experiences?
>
>I like the meat grinder and pasta accessories but I'm finicky about
>citrus juicers.
>
>My only "anality" with juicers is the strainer gets clogged after a few
>oranges and broken seeds slip through the strainer slots.
>
>Is the KitchenAid citrus juicer accessory a good choice?

It's not easy to use. Very awkward, IMHO. I also have a Kitchen Aid
food processor (which rocks, BTW) and I finally threw out the stand
mixer's juicer and bought a juicer for the food processor. Better by
light years.

Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd
AAC(F)BV66.0748.CA

-- Duncan Hines