Amy Swensen

Default Recipe from Amana Radar-Range Cookbook (1965?)

Hi,

I have been looking for a recipe called "Cheerleader Cheesecake". It
was in the Radar-Range Cookbook that came with my unit back in the 60's.
Of course unit and cookbook are gone.

If anyone has, I would sure appreciate receiving it. Thanks for the
info in advance,

Carl
Huntley, IL
Mary

1/2 C butter or margarine
2 C graham cracker crumbs
1/2 C sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon

24 oz cream cheese
5 eggs
1 C sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla

2 1/2 C dairy sour cream
1/3 C sugar
1 1/2 tsp vanilla

Place butter in 2-quart utility dish. Heat in Radarange Oven on Full
power for 1 minute or until melted. Blend in crumbs, sugar, and
cinnamon.

Press crumb mixture firmly against bottom and sides of dish. Bake in
Radarange Oven on full power for 1 1/2 minutes or until firm.

Beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Mix in
sugar and vanilla, until smooth and creamy. Pour over crust. Bake in
Radarange Oven on Level 8 (medium high) for 12 to 15 minutes, or until
knife inserted near center comes out clean.*

Combine sour cream, sugar, and vanilla. Blend well. Pour mixture over
cheese cake. Bake in Radarange Oven on Level 8 (medium high) for 1 1/2
to 2 1/2 minutes, or until outer edge is set.

Micro-tips:

Glazed fresh fruit, or fruit pie fillings such as strawberry, cherry,
or blueberry may be spread over top after chilled.

*You may want to turn dish halfway through cooking time.

*******
That's from my Amana Radarange Oven book. I've never made it, but it
sounds good! And yes, I still have both the book and the oven!

Jerry Avins

Mary wrote:
> 1/2 C butter or margarine

The internet is a truly remarkable, almost miraculous medium!

Jerry
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ
Puester

Mary wrote:

> *******
> That's from my Amana Radarange Oven book. I've never made it, but it
> sounds good! And yes, I still have both the book and the oven!

Interesting, I have almost an identical recipe to be cooked
in the regular oven, called "cheesecake squares". Yes, it
is delicious.

That was my first microwave, also. The cookbook has a
delicious recipe for apple crisp, made with canned apple
pie filling. Unfortunately I gave away the book along
with the microwave to Goodwill about 5 years ago when I]
needed a micro with a smaller footprint for my counter.

gloria p
Scotty

"Amy Swensen" > wrote in message
. ..
> Hi,
>
> I have been looking for a recipe called "Cheerleader Cheesecake". It was
> in the Radar-Range Cookbook that came with my unit back in the 60's. Of
> course unit and cookbook are gone.
>
> If anyone has, I would sure appreciate receiving it. Thanks for the info
> in advance,
>
> Carl
> Huntley, IL

I don't have the cookbook, but I have the range. I recently watched an old
rerun of "Let's Make A deal", probably from the early '70s, where one of
the prizes was an Amana Radarange. It had a digital clock/timer. Mine has
dials. It doesn't work nearly as well as modern microwaves, but it still
works, and it's beautiful. When we have company over that haven't seen it
before, they always comment on it.

Scott.

Jerry Avins

Scotty wrote:
> "Amy Swensen" > wrote in message
> . ..
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>I have been looking for a recipe called "Cheerleader Cheesecake". It was
>>in the Radar-Range Cookbook that came with my unit back in the 60's. Of
>>course unit and cookbook are gone.
>>
>>If anyone has, I would sure appreciate receiving it. Thanks for the info
>>in advance,
>>
>>Carl
>>Huntley, IL

> I don't have the cookbook, but I have the range. I recently watched an old
> rerun of "Let's Make A deal", probably from the early '70s, where one of
> the prizes was an Amana Radarange. It had a digital clock/timer. Mine has
> dials. It doesn't work nearly as well as modern microwaves, but it still
> works, and it's beautiful. When we have company over that haven't seen it
> before, they always comment on it.
>
> Scott.

My first experience with RadarRange food was at a lunch counter in
Boston when RadarRange was still a Raytheon trademark and produced
nearby. I ordered scrambled eggs. The soda jerk scrambled the eggs in a
bowl adding probably too much milk, put the bowl into the RadarRange.
and let it rip without once stirring. Those were the worst scrambled
eggs I have ever eaten.

Jerry
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ
aem

Scotty wrote:

> I don't have the cookbook, but I have the range. [snip] ...it still
> works, and it's beautiful. [snip]

Have you used a radiation meter on it lately? -aem

J. Davidson

I found Marvelous Marvel Cheesecake in my old Radar range cook book,
published in 1968.
Does that help?
Jackie
"aem" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> Scotty wrote:
> >
> > I don't have the cookbook, but I have the range. [snip] ...it still
> > works, and it's beautiful. [snip]

> Have you used a radiation meter on it lately? -aem

Scotty

"aem" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> Scotty wrote:
>>
>> I don't have the cookbook, but I have the range. [snip] ...it still
>> works, and it's beautiful. [snip]

> Have you used a radiation meter on it lately? -aem

Sadly, my Geiger counter is in the shop for repairs.

Scott.

Wine radar John T Wine 0 21-07-2007 11:33 AM
1965 Louis Martini Cabernet Sauvignon Joe Giorgianni Wine 3 02-06-2006 04:25 PM
TN Martin Ray Pinot Noir 1965 Cwdjrx _ Wine 7 29-11-2004 10:36 AM
Amana refrigerator Edwin Pawlowski Cooking Equipment 6 25-07-2004 02:08 AM
Amana refrig. Harvey R. Stone Cooking Equipment 19 17-11-2003 05:01 AM