Goomba38

limey wrote:

>"limey" > wrote in message
>

>>The Vatican has announced that the Pope passed away a short time ago:
>>
>>http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv.../040205-2v.htm
>>
>>RIP
>>
>>Dora

>My apologies for the error in the subject line. It should, of course, be
>"Pope".

No, no.. I just thought you were thinking of the inventor of the
"Mass-O-Matic"
Goomba
Goomba38

pennyaline wrote:

> Y'know, I used to take it very personally, too. I used to think, jesus! What
> do they think I am? Do they think I'm an idiot or something? "I got it
> already! Move on!" I'd rail at the tube. Then one day I realized it wasn't
> for me.
>
> They didn't care if I got it or not. They didn't care if I sat there all day
> watching the same thing over and over. They didn't know I was alive, so it
> made no difference to them.
>
> Bummer. That meant I would have to change the channel.

LOL LOL LOL... thanks for the laugh.
Goomba

limey

"limey" > wrote in message

> The Vatican has announced that the Pope passed away a short time ago:
>
> http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv.../040205-2v.htm
>
> RIP
>
> Dora

My apologies for the error in the subject line. It should, of course, be
"Pope".

Priscilla Ballou

In article >,
"limey" > wrote:

> "limey" > wrote in message
> >
> > The Vatican has announced that the Pope passed away a short time ago:
> >
> > http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv.../040205-2v.htm
> >
> > RIP
> >
> > Dora
> >

> My apologies for the error in the subject line. It should, of course, be
> "Pope".

I thought maybe Ron Popeil was the third to go and you were notifying us
of the fact. ;-)

Priscilla
--
"You can't welcome someone into a body of Christ and then say only
certain rooms are open." -- dancertm in alt.religion.christian.episcopal

limey

"Goomba38" wrote in message

limey wrote:
>>My apologies for the error in the subject line. It should, of course, be
>>"Pope".
>>

> No, no.. I just thought you were thinking of the inventor of the
> "Mass-O-Matic"
> Goomba

LOL
Dora

Sheldon

Priscilla Ballou wrote:
> In article >,
> "limey" > wrote:
>
> > "limey" > wrote in message
> > >
> > > The Vatican has announced that the Pope passed away a short time

ago:

> > > http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv.../040205-2v.htm
> > >
> > > RIP
> > >
> > > Dora
> > >

> > My apologies for the error in the subject line. It should, of

course, be
> > "Pope".

> I thought maybe Ron Popeil was the third to go and you were notifying

us
> of the fact. ;-)

I think then you'd see *black* smoke.

Sheldon

aem

limey wrote:
> My apologies for the error in the subject line. It should, of

course, be
> "Pope".

"popel" in German means "booger" in American, or "bit of snot". -aem

elaine

"Nola" > wrote in message

> On a brighter note, Jerry Falwell continues to hang in there. Since the
> pope no longer needs them, channel those prayers for recovery to Jerry.

I wondered what had happened to Jerry Falwell - I guess there will be a lot
of stories upsurged -- Michael Jackson, Charlie & Camille; Terry Schiavo's
autopsy -

Watching CNN off and on all day (not by choice) . What a crock of US crap.

Elaine

Edwin Pawlowski

"elaine" > wrote in message

> Watching CNN off and on all day (not by choice) . What a crock of US
> crap.
>
> Elaine

We are free to ignore you, why don't you just ignore us? Is America great
or what?

aem

elaine wrote:
> "Nola" > wrote in message
> >
> > On a brighter note, Jerry Falwell continues to hang in there.
> > [snip]

> I wondered what had happened to Jerry Falwell - I guess there will be
> a lot of stories upsurged -- Michael Jackson, Charlie & Camille;
> Terry Schiavo's autopsy -

Terry Schiavo body was cremated. Why would an autopsy have been
needed, anyway?

Falwell and the pope both generated controversy and opposition, as well
as loyal support from their followers, during their careers. It will
be interesting to see whether obituary writers and media coverage treat
them similarly. I've always found the notion that only good should be
spoken of the dead a cowardly cop-out when applied to controversial
people. -aem

Damsel in dis Dress

"elaine" >, if that's their real name, wrote:

>Watching CNN off and on all day (not by choice) . What a crock of US crap.

We love you too. Smooooooooooootch!

Carol
--
Coming at you live, from beautiful Lake Woebegon
Wayne Boatwright

On Sat 02 Apr 2005 04:45:33p, elaine wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> "Nola" > wrote in message
>>

>> On a brighter note, Jerry Falwell continues to hang in there. Since
>> the pope no longer needs them, channel those prayers for recovery to
>> Jerry.

> I wondered what had happened to Jerry Falwell - I guess there will be a
> lot of stories upsurged -- Michael Jackson, Charlie & Camille; Terry
> Schiavo's autopsy -
>
> Watching CNN off and on all day (not by choice) . What a crock of US
> crap.
>
> Elaine

Someone glued your eyes to the TV, did they?

--
Wayne Boatwright

Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974

elaine

"Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message
> On Sat 02 Apr 2005 04:45:33p, elaine wrote in rec.food.cooking:
>

> > "Nola" > wrote in message
> >>

> >> On a brighter note, Jerry Falwell continues to hang in there. Since
> >> the pope no longer needs them, channel those prayers for recovery to
> >> Jerry.

> > I wondered what had happened to Jerry Falwell - I guess there will be a
> > lot of stories upsurged -- Michael Jackson, Charlie & Camille; Terry
> > Schiavo's autopsy -
> >
> > Watching CNN off and on all day (not by choice) . What a crock of US
> > crap.
> >
> > Elaine

> Someone glued your eyes to the TV, did they?
>

> --
> Wayne Boatwright

Whooooooooa , aren't you all a 'wee bit' defensive?

Simply commenting on the massive media coverage that seemingly has
transcended all other news stories.

CNN is transmitted around the world and is based in the US. Why the
stupid, repetitive, repetive, repetive questions - sometimes they are
informative, sometimes it's overkill.

Just an observation.

Elaine

Shawn Hearn

In article >,
"elaine" > wrote:

> "Nola" > wrote in message
> >

> > On a brighter note, Jerry Falwell continues to hang in there. Since the
> > pope no longer needs them, channel those prayers for recovery to Jerry.

> I wondered what had happened to Jerry Falwell - I guess there will be a lot
> of stories upsurged -- Michael Jackson, Charlie & Camille; Terry Schiavo's
> autopsy -
>
> Watching CNN off and on all day (not by choice) . What a crock of US crap.

And the passing of Frank Perdue, the chicken man.
aem

elaine wrote:

> Simply commenting on the massive media coverage that seemingly has
> transcended all other news stories.
>
> CNN is transmitted around the world and is based in the US. Why the
> stupid, repetitive, repetive, repetive questions - sometimes they are
> informative, sometimes it's overkill.
>
> Just an observation.

CNN is stupid and repetitive about everything, not just celebrity
deaths. The major broadcast networks have been adding to their
stockpiles of obit footage about the pope for years because he hasn't
been well for a long time. It will take a while for them to broadcast
all of it.

Rusty

On Sat, 02 Apr 2005 19:51:44 -0500, Shawn Hearn >
wrote:

>In article >,
> "elaine" > wrote:
>
>> "Nola" > wrote in message
>> >

>> > On a brighter note, Jerry Falwell continues to hang in there. Since the
>> > pope no longer needs them, channel those prayers for recovery to Jerry.

>> I wondered what had happened to Jerry Falwell - I guess there will be a lot
>> of stories upsurged -- Michael Jackson, Charlie & Camille; Terry Schiavo's
>> autopsy -
>>
>> Watching CNN off and on all day (not by choice) . What a crock of US crap.

>And the passing of Frank Perdue, the chicken man.

He was a tough old bird. Now he's up there, with Col. Sanders.

Rusty

notbob

But wait ....there's more!

pennyaline

elaine wrote:
> Whooooooooa , aren't you all a 'wee bit' defensive?
>
> Simply commenting on the massive media coverage that seemingly has
> transcended all other news stories.
>
> CNN is transmitted around the world and is based in the US. Why the
> stupid, repetitive, repetive, repetive questions - sometimes they are
> informative, sometimes it's overkill.
>
> Just an observation.

Y'know, I used to take it very personally, too. I used to think, jesus! What
do they think I am? Do they think I'm an idiot or something? "I got it
already! Move on!" I'd rail at the tube. Then one day I realized it wasn't
for me.

They didn't care if I got it or not. They didn't care if I sat there all day
watching the same thing over and over. They didn't know I was alive, so it
made no difference to them.

Bummer. That meant I would have to change the channel.

limey

"aem" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> limey wrote:
>> My apologies for the error in the subject line. It should, of

> course, be
>> "Pope".

> "popel" in German means "booger" in American, or "bit of snot". -aem

Oh, crikey. This gets deeper and deeper!
:-)
Dora

aem

pennyaline wrote:

> Y'know, I used to take it very personally, too.... Then one day I
> realized it wasn't for me.... They didn't care ....They didn't
> know ....Bummer. That meant I would have to change the channel.

ROTF....LMAO

BOB

pennyaline wrote:
> elaine wrote:
>> Whooooooooa , aren't you all a 'wee bit' defensive?
>>
>> Simply commenting on the massive media coverage that seemingly has
>> transcended all other news stories.
>>
>> CNN is transmitted around the world and is based in the US. Why
>> the
>> stupid, repetitive, repetive, repetive questions - sometimes they
>> are
>> informative, sometimes it's overkill.
>>
>> Just an observation.

> Y'know, I used to take it very personally, too. I used to think,
> jesus! What do they think I am? Do they think I'm an idiot or
> something? "I got it already! Move on!" I'd rail at the tube. Then
> one day I realized it wasn't for me.
>
> They didn't care if I got it or not. They didn't care if I sat there
> all day watching the same thing over and over. They didn't know I
> was
> alive, so it made no difference to them.
>
> Bummer. That meant I would have to change the channel.

LOL!

I think she's got it!

BOB

Wayne Boatwright

On Sat 02 Apr 2005 05:51:44p, Shawn Hearn wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> In article >,
> "elaine" > wrote:
>
>> "Nola" > wrote in message
>> >

>> > On a brighter note, Jerry Falwell continues to hang in there. Since
>> > the pope no longer needs them, channel those prayers for recovery to
>> > Jerry.

>> I wondered what had happened to Jerry Falwell - I guess there will be a
>> lot of stories upsurged -- Michael Jackson, Charlie & Camille; Terry
>> Schiavo's autopsy -
>>
>> Watching CNN off and on all day (not by choice) . What a crock of US
>> crap.

> And the passing of Frank Perdue, the chicken man.

Perhaps, at least in the country, even more important!

--
Wayne Boatwright

Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974

Blair P. Houghton

Oh. "Pope dies". I thought you said "Popiel dies."

I was starting to get worried.

--Blair
"Time for dinner."
Wayne Boatwright

On Sat 02 Apr 2005 09:03:15p, Blair P. Houghton wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> Oh. "Pope dies". I thought you said "Popiel dies."
>
> I was starting to get worried.
>
> --Blair
> "Time for dinner."

Oh, they aren't one and the same? I need to pay more attention.

--
Wayne Boatwright

Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974
Maverick

"notbob" > wrote in message

> But wait ....there's more!

ROFLMAO!!!! I read this and hit the next button to see what it was and I
get a completely different topic!

Too funny!

Bret

(OT) Ray Bradbury dies at 91 jmcquown[_2_] General Cooking 3 08-06-2012 07:13 AM
Easter Bunny Dies Health549 Beer 3 08-04-2007 09:45 PM
Momofuku Ando dies @ 96 BOB General Cooking 6 07-01-2007 03:59 PM
Len Evans dies David W Wine 0 17-08-2006 06:58 AM
REHNQUIST DIES Dave Bugg Barbecue 39 06-09-2005 03:57 PM