General Cooking (rec.food.cooking) For general food and cooking discussion. Foods of all kinds, food procurement, cooking methods and techniques, eating, etc.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)   Report Post  
AlleyGator
 
Posts: n/a
Default WAYYY OT - boxers do indeed rule!

I'm sure I told you all that back near the first of November, we
rescued a freezing, starving Boxer dog. Good grief, what a stroke of
fortune. I have had many dogs in my life and currently have 3 other
great dogs, but this "gentleman" is more than I ever hoped for. I
have a potentially fatal affliction (don't mourn, just get over it - I
have) At this moment, as I type, he is trying to get me to "play" -
which, OMG is an invitation for stiches. OK, I have to go deal with
the mutt - just rest assured that if you are looking fer yer first dog
- a Boxer is the way to go. Loyal beyond belief. If I'm sick in bed,
He's at my feet and anyone who enters the room gets a facefull of
teeth and growl until he figures that theyre really supposed to be
there. Dang, get a dog - that's all I can say.
  #2 (permalink)   Report Post  
Ruddell
 
Posts: n/a
Default

In > AlleyGator wrote:
> I'm sure I told you all that back near the first of November, we
> rescued a freezing, starving Boxer dog. Good grief, what a stroke of
> fortune. I have had many dogs in my life and currently have 3 other
> great dogs, but this "gentleman" is more than I ever hoped for. I
> have a potentially fatal affliction (don't mourn, just get over it - I
> have) At this moment, as I type, he is trying to get me to "play" -
> which, OMG is an invitation for stiches. OK, I have to go deal with
> the mutt - just rest assured that if you are looking fer yer first dog
> - a Boxer is the way to go. Loyal beyond belief. If I'm sick in bed,
> He's at my feet and anyone who enters the room gets a facefull of
> teeth and growl until he figures that theyre really supposed to be
> there. Dang, get a dog - that's all I can say.


Agree 100%

We have two dogs (black lab/ozzie shepherd) and both are wonderful
friends. A dogs loyalty is never questioned and you're never alone if
you've got a dog...

http://www.ratbagandmooch.net/dogs/

--
Cheers

Dennis

Remove 'Elle-Kabong' to reply
  #3 (permalink)   Report Post  
Nancy Young
 
Posts: n/a
Default


"AlleyGator" > wrote in message
...
> I'm sure I told you all that back near the first of November, we
> rescued a freezing, starving Boxer dog. Good grief, what a stroke of
> fortune. I have had many dogs in my life and currently have 3 other
> great dogs, but this "gentleman" is more than I ever hoped for. I
> have a potentially fatal affliction (don't mourn, just get over it - I
> have)


Good luck with that, okay?

> At this moment, as I type, he is trying to get me to "play" -
> which, OMG is an invitation for stiches. OK, I have to go deal with
> the mutt - just rest assured that if you are looking fer yer first dog
> - a Boxer is the way to go. Loyal beyond belief. If I'm sick in bed,
> He's at my feet and anyone who enters the room gets a facefull of
> teeth and growl until he figures that theyre really supposed to be
> there. Dang, get a dog - that's all I can say.


I know I already said this, my neighbor's kid brought one home, well
if this isn't the friggin sweetest dog you ever met (okay, unless you had
met mine, Rascal the wire haired fox terrier) ... oh, what a doll face.
If I dare to get another dog some day, I'll SERIOUSLY consider a
boxer, even though they are bigger than I like. Nice nice dogs.

nancy



  #4 (permalink)   Report Post  
AlleyGator
 
Posts: n/a
Default

"Nancy Young" > wrote:
>I know I already said this, my neighbor's kid brought one home, well
>if this isn't the friggin sweetest dog you ever met (okay, unless you had
>met mine, Rascal the wire haired fox terrier) ... oh, what a doll face.
>If I dare to get another dog some day, I'll SERIOUSLY consider a
>boxer, even though they are bigger than I like. Nice nice dogs.
>
>nancy

Nancy, for 14 years of my childhood, I lived with a toy fox terrier
dog. Man, what a friend he was. And I promise you, dear - Boxers are
a little intimidating at first - I called him the "hound from hell"
the first few days after my son brought him in. But, bless his heart,
he was just scared, lost and all alone. I'm sure he has no doubt that
I love him a lot - call me a sucker, but I'd shoot you dead if you
hurt one of my dogs. He started life here in a cage. He now has full
run of the house 24/7. And if he feels like it, he either sleeps with
us or my son. Nobody cares, because EVERYBODY loves him. Dang good
dog.
  #5 (permalink)   Report Post  
Dave Smith
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Nancy Young wrote:

> I know I already said this, my neighbor's kid brought one home, well
> if this isn't the friggin sweetest dog you ever met (okay, unless you had
> met mine, Rascal the wire haired fox terrier) ... oh, what a doll face.
> If I dare to get another dog some day, I'll SERIOUSLY consider a
> boxer, even though they are bigger than I like. Nice nice dogs.


I had Labs most of my life and always liked their friendly playful nature.
The first dog I got after I was married was a Bouvier des Flandres, a gentle
loving dog that was very protective of my wife and our young baby. She was a
bright and obedient dog, but that long hair was a challenge. We went back to
Labs. When the last Lab was hit by a car we picked up a mutt at the pound,
the most interesting looking mutt I ever say. He is half Shepherd and half
Bouvier. It's a pity that he never inherited the traits commonly associated
with those breeds, like loyalty, intelligence and obedience. The poor guy
came from an abusive background and it has taken 4 years to to overcome some
of his trust issues, but he has become quite affectionate, not that he wasn't
always friendly.

A few years ago we were contacted by a friend who was helping a friend who
was looking for a home for a neighbour's dog. The owner was a young guy who
had a business that he ran out of his house. He had a 2 year old and a new
born and a wife that was depressed enough to have to be hospitalized. The
dog was messing up because of neglect and need for attention. They brought
him down to see if we qualified as foster parents for this dog. He is a
Groenendahl (Belgium Sheep Dog). We fell in love with this guy, and he with
us. He got along great with the current mutt and with the neighbour's three
dogs, all of whom run free around here, but he quickly established himself as
the Alpha male. This dog is so bright that he scares me. He seems to know
what I am doing and where I am going before I know. He was well trained when
we got him. He slips up once in a while but a quick refresher to course and
he is right back to form. We have the hair issue with him too, but I it's
worth the time and effort to do regular grooming because he is so reliable.



  #6 (permalink)   Report Post  
AlleyGator
 
Posts: n/a
Default

"Nancy Young" > wrote:
Oh, and BTW Nancy. Even though this guy is the biggest baby you ever
met, when the chips are down, he will literally defend you to the
point of death. We have a guy who we have had ongoing problems with.
He, unfortunately for him, showed up again not long after said dog
became my best friend. I have a bucket with some shreds of blue
jeans, some dried blood, and what appears to be some pieces of flesh
for your enjoyment. At the time, I went outside with the dog and a
Glock 17 (good companions IMHO) loaded with (ahh, never mind) - and
after a couple of tries with the usual civil "can I help you?" it
deteriorated into something I really didn't enjoy at all. I finally
said "allright, dick - take your pick a bullet or the dog?". Well,
despite my best intentions, the dog got away from me, and the rest is
history. If you want details, we need to hook up by email, because
the jerk is apparently suing me. I have no doubt at all, I will win.
But the jerk is gonna do some serious cash in my direction, SHMG.
BTW, if you intend to do me harm and you're less than 10 yards from me
- you better say some prayers quick. Cause I'll put 3 rounds in your
chest and 2 through your eye before you can take a breath. Like the
duke sayd, not braggin, just fact, ma'am. Sorry Nancy, I'm not trying
to act like some bigshot. I'm just telling you that a lot of us
"nobodies" out there shoot every weekend and can take care of
oursleves, thank you very much. I have a 16-year old daughter. And
if for NO other reason, I keep my skills honed. Because if you hurt
my girl, I'm going to prison, and I don't care.
  #7 (permalink)   Report Post  
Denise~*
 
Posts: n/a
Default

AlleyGator wrote:
> I'm sure I told you all that back near the first of November, we
> rescued a freezing, starving Boxer dog. Good grief, what a stroke of
> fortune. I have had many dogs in my life and currently have 3 other
> great dogs, but this "gentleman" is more than I ever hoped for. I
> have a potentially fatal affliction (don't mourn, just get over it - I
> have) At this moment, as I type, he is trying to get me to "play" -
> which, OMG is an invitation for stiches. OK, I have to go deal with
> the mutt - just rest assured that if you are looking fer yer first dog
> - a Boxer is the way to go. Loyal beyond belief. If I'm sick in bed,
> He's at my feet and anyone who enters the room gets a facefull of
> teeth and growl until he figures that theyre really supposed to be
> there. Dang, get a dog - that's all I can say.


We always had "stupid" but "loving" doggies while growing up (little
mix-breeds of cockapoos & such. They would never hurt a soul.

I miss having a doggie, but right now life is too busy. Maybe when the
boy-child gets old enough to help, we will get him his own "first
doggie". Has to be a lap-dog though. :-)


  #8 (permalink)   Report Post  
AlleyGator
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Dave Smith > wrote:
> I had Labs most of my life and always liked their friendly playful nature.
>The first dog I got after I was married was a Bouvier des Flandres, a gentle
>loving dog that was very protective of my wife and our young baby. She was a
>bright and obedient dog, but that long hair was a challenge. We went back to
>Labs. When the last Lab was hit by a car we picked up a mutt at the pound,
>the most interesting looking mutt I ever say. He is half Shepherd and half
>Bouvier. It's a pity that he never inherited the traits commonly associated
>with those breeds, like loyalty, intelligence and obedience. The poor guy
>came from an abusive background and it has taken 4 years to to overcome some
>of his trust issues, but he has become quite affectionate, not that he wasn't
>always friendly.

Wow, Dave. I have NEVER heard of a Bouvier des Flandres. Dang, I'll
tell you what - I'm gonna look it up and God help me I'm such a dog
sucker I'll probably find and buy one. Jeez, I love dogs - all of
them ugly or proud - I love 'em all.
  #10 (permalink)   Report Post  
AlleyGator
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Denise~* > wrote:

>We always had "stupid" but "loving" doggies while growing up (little
>mix-breeds of cockapoos & such. They would never hurt a soul.
>
>I miss having a doggie, but right now life is too busy. Maybe when the
>boy-child gets old enough to help, we will get him his own "first
>doggie". Has to be a lap-dog though. :-)
>
>

Denise, Lord what can I say? Even a "stupid" dog is a blessing. Do
you have (apparently) small children?. Dang, get a dog. Your kids
will hug you and say "thanks mom" someday. I swear to God, you won't
regret it. My son is almost 20 and still pines fer the Lab that used
to knock him on his butt with the tail. Dogs are a gift from God - I
am convinced. I am CERTAIN that dogs are a special breed of animal
with no other likeness in the universe - bar none. If you can change
my mind about this, go for it - I'm pretty sure I can kick your butt.


  #11 (permalink)   Report Post  
Janet Bostwick
 
Posts: n/a
Default


"Dave Smith" > wrote in message
...
> The first dog I got after I was married was a Bouvier des Flandres,


Now that's one solid-bodied, big dog. But what lovers.
Janet


  #12 (permalink)   Report Post  
AlleyGator
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Monsur Fromage du Pollet > wrote:
>My Black Lab killed one boxer outright and maimed another so bad it was
>put down. This happened when I was 12 and the owner sicced the 2 on me.
>So you can see why I prefer labs...Quebec Retrievers to be more exacting.
>
>--
>No Bread Crumbs were hurt in the making of this Meal.
>Type 2 Diabetic 1AC 5.6mmol or 101mg/dl
>Continuing to be Manitoban

Oh, dang, man. I guess that was pretty gruesome. Yeah, I have had 2
black labs and one of my current dogs is a black lab/golden
retreiver/chow mix. Heck of a nice dog. But if he wanted to kill
you, I a'int standing in his way. Dang, what a strong dog.
  #13 (permalink)   Report Post  
Andy
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Ruddell > wrote in
:

> A dogs loyalty is never questioned and you're never alone if
> you've got a dog...


Plus, they make great "before the doorbell" doorbells.

Annabelle
Jack Russell "Terror"
1983 - 1994
R.I.P.

--
"If you can't do it naturally, then fake it."
- Alfred Hitchcock
Spoken to Ingrid Bergman
  #14 (permalink)   Report Post  
zxcvbob
 
Posts: n/a
Default

AlleyGator wrote:
> Yeah, I have had 2 black labs and one of my current dogs is a black
> lab/golden retreiver/chow mix. Heck of a nice dog. But if he wanted
> to kill you, I a'int standing in his way. Dang, what a strong dog.



Are you sure he's part chow? Labradors often have black on their
tongues even if purebreds.

Best regards,
Bob
  #15 (permalink)   Report Post  
Dave Smith
 
Posts: n/a
Default

> My Black Lab killed one boxer outright and maimed another so bad it was
> put down. This happened when I was 12 and the owner sicced the 2 on me.
> So you can see why I prefer labs...Quebec Retrievers to be more exacting.


I keep hearing a story from my mother about how she used to put me in a pram
in the front yard and leave our family Lab "Duke" to keep me company. One day
a Boxer came too close to me and old Duke took off after him and tore him up
pretty badly. At least that is the story I keep hearing.

A surprisingly sweet tempered dog is the English Bulldog. They have a
fierce sort of appearance but I know a few people who have had them and loved
them. They have a very loving disposition despite that pushed in face.




  #16 (permalink)   Report Post  
Nancy Young
 
Posts: n/a
Default


"AlleyGator" > wrote

> Oh, and BTW Nancy.


> history. If you want details, we need to hook up by email, because
> the jerk is apparently suing me. I have no doubt at all, I will win.
> But the jerk is gonna do some serious cash in my direction, SHMG.
> BTW, if you intend to do me harm and you're less than 10 yards from me
> - you better say some prayers quick. Cause I'll put 3 rounds in your
> chest and 2 through your eye before you can take a breath. Like the
> duke sayd, not braggin, just fact, ma'am. Sorry Nancy, I'm not trying
> to act like some bigshot.


This is the second post in a row that you threatened to hurt me. I know,
you don't mean *me* you but I promise I have no intention of hurting you
or your family or pets in any way.

I wouldn't mind the story of your lawsuit, you can email me.

nancy


  #17 (permalink)   Report Post  
Ted Campanelli
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Ted shuffled out of his cave and grunted these great (and sometimes not
so great) words of knowledge:
> I'm sure I told you all that back near the first of November, we
> rescued a freezing, starving Boxer dog. Good grief, what a stroke of
> fortune. I have had many dogs in my life and currently have 3 other
> great dogs, but this "gentleman" is more than I ever hoped for. I
> have a potentially fatal affliction (don't mourn, just get over it - I
> have) At this moment, as I type, he is trying to get me to "play" -
> which, OMG is an invitation for stiches. OK, I have to go deal with
> the mutt - just rest assured that if you are looking fer yer first dog
> - a Boxer is the way to go. Loyal beyond belief. If I'm sick in bed,
> He's at my feet and anyone who enters the room gets a facefull of
> teeth and growl until he figures that theyre really supposed to be
> there. Dang, get a dog - that's all I can say.


My wife and I raised and bred boxers for almost 15 years.

Boxers are very loyal and HIGHLY PROTECTIVE of "their family". They are
not protective in a vicious sense, but protective in that, until THEY
determine the person/situation is OK, that person/situation is not going
to get to you as long as they are alive.

If you have kids, get a boxer. The ONLY other breed I am aware of that
is better with kids than a boxer is a golden retriever.
  #18 (permalink)   Report Post  
zxcvbob
 
Posts: n/a
Default

AlleyGator wrote:

> BTW, if you intend to do me harm and you're less than 10 yards from me
> - you better say some prayers quick. Cause I'll put 3 rounds in your
> chest and 2 through your eye before you can take a breath. Like the
> duke sayd, not braggin, just fact, ma'am. Sorry Nancy, I'm not trying
> to act like some bigshot. I'm just telling you that a lot of us
> "nobodies" out there shoot every weekend and can take care of
> oursleves, thank you very much. I have a 16-year old daughter. And
> if for NO other reason, I keep my skills honed. Because if you hurt
> my girl, I'm going to prison, and I don't care.



WTF?
  #19 (permalink)   Report Post  
Goomba38
 
Posts: n/a
Default

zxcvbob wrote:

> AlleyGator wrote:
>
>> BTW, if you intend to do me harm and you're less than 10 yards from me
>> - you better say some prayers quick. Cause I'll put 3 rounds in your
>> chest and 2 through your eye before you can take a breath. Like the
>> duke sayd, not braggin, just fact, ma'am. Sorry Nancy, I'm not trying
>> to act like some bigshot. I'm just telling you that a lot of us
>> "nobodies" out there shoot every weekend and can take care of
>> oursleves, thank you very much. I have a 16-year old daughter. And
>> if for NO other reason, I keep my skills honed. Because if you hurt
>> my girl, I'm going to prison, and I don't care.

>
>
>
> WTF?


I'd like to second that "WTF?"
Goomba

  #20 (permalink)   Report Post  
Rick & Cyndi
 
Posts: n/a
Default


"AlleyGator" > wrote in message
...
> I'm sure I told you all that back near the first of November, we
> rescued a freezing, starving Boxer dog. Good grief, what a stroke of
> fortune. I have had many dogs in my life and currently have 3 other
> great dogs, but this "gentleman" is more than I ever hoped for. I
> have a potentially fatal affliction (don't mourn, just get over it - I
> have) At this moment, as I type, he is trying to get me to "play" -
> which, OMG is an invitation for stiches. OK, I have to go deal with
> the mutt - just rest assured that if you are looking fer yer first dog
> - a Boxer is the way to go. Loyal beyond belief. If I'm sick in bed,
> He's at my feet and anyone who enters the room gets a facefull of
> teeth and growl until he figures that theyre really supposed to be
> there. Dang, get a dog - that's all I can say.

==================

Giggle! Yep, we too have a Boxer dog. (Ms.) Petey's Maximum Security
(PMS). She totally rocks. She has the sweetest disposition and at nearly 7
she still thinks she is a puppy. One added plus - she doesn't drool!!!

Cyndi




  #21 (permalink)   Report Post  
Rick & Cyndi
 
Posts: n/a
Default


"Andy" > wrote in message
6...
> Ruddell > wrote in
> :
>
>> A dogs loyalty is never questioned and you're never alone if
>> you've got a dog...

>
> Plus, they make great "before the doorbell" doorbells.
>
> Annabelle
> Jack Russell "Terror"
> 1983 - 1994
> R.I.P.
>==========


Oh geez... ours is more like a doorbell extender. The doorbell rings "ding
ding" which is followed by
'rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrr
woof woof woof woof woof arfffff arrrffff'. <sigh> We're about ready to
disconnect our door bell. She totally goes nuts when she knows somebody is
at the door!
Cyndi


  #22 (permalink)   Report Post  
Denise~*
 
Posts: n/a
Default

AlleyGator wrote:

> Denise~* > wrote:
>
>>We always had "stupid" but "loving" doggies while growing up (little
>>mix-breeds of cockapoos & such. They would never hurt a soul.
>>
>>I miss having a doggie, but right now life is too busy. Maybe when the
>>boy-child gets old enough to help, we will get him his own "first
>>doggie". Has to be a lap-dog though. :-)

>
> Denise, Lord what can I say? Even a "stupid" dog is a blessing. Do
> you have (apparently) small children?. Dang, get a dog. Your kids
> will hug you and say "thanks mom" someday. I swear to God, you won't
> regret it. My son is almost 20 and still pines fer the Lab that used
> to knock him on his butt with the tail. Dogs are a gift from God - I
> am convinced. I am CERTAIN that dogs are a special breed of animal
> with no other likeness in the universe - bar none. If you can change
> my mind about this, go for it - I'm pretty sure I can kick your butt.


He is almost 3, but seriously, Id rather wait till he is a little older
and I have less to deal with. Right now I dont think I could handle a
small child & a pet. Plus to get a puppy nowadays, you have to
practically empty your bank account.


  #23 (permalink)   Report Post  
Janet Bostwick
 
Posts: n/a
Default


"Denise~*" > wrote in message
...
snip
> I miss having a doggie, but right now life is too busy. Maybe when the
> boy-child gets old enough to help, we will get him his own "first doggie".
> Has to be a lap-dog though. :-)
>

When you are ready, be sure to look into the rescue groups. There are
rescue groups for most all breeds and they will work cross country if
necessary to place dogs. If you insist on a pure bred, those are available
through the rescue groups too, and just about any age of dog, even pups.
The rescue groups work with the dogs they place before placement. They know
if the dog is good with children and other animals and so forth. The fee
for adopting a rescue dog is a lot less than purchasing a pup from a
(hopefully) qualified breeder with a good reputation. Any vet or the Humane
Society should be able to put you in touch with the rescue groups in your
area.
Janet


  #24 (permalink)   Report Post  
hw
 
Posts: n/a
Default


>
>> A dogs loyalty is never questioned and you're never alone if
>> you've got a dog...

>
> Plus, they make great "before the doorbell" doorbells.
>
> Annabelle
> Jack Russell "Terror"
> 1983 - 1994
> R.I.P.
>
> --
> "If you can't do it naturally, then fake it."
> - Alfred Hitchcock
> Spoken to Ingrid Bergman


j j the short-legged jack russell terrior, *knows, without a doubt,* that
he is the size of a great dane...especially when he tries to chase the
squirrels up the big oak tree in the backyard..

Harriet & critters, J J & PK the lady manx who rules the house



  #25 (permalink)   Report Post  
Andy
 
Posts: n/a
Default

"hw" > wrote in
ink.net:

>
>>
>>> A dogs loyalty is never questioned and you're never alone if
>>> you've got a dog...

>>
>> Plus, they make great "before the doorbell" doorbells.
>>
>> Annabelle
>> Jack Russell "Terror"
>> 1983 - 1994
>> R.I.P.
>>
>> --
>> "If you can't do it naturally, then fake it."
>> - Alfred Hitchcock
>> Spoken to Ingrid Bergman

>
> j j the short-legged jack russell terrior, *knows, without a doubt,*
> that he is the size of a great dane...especially when he tries to
> chase the squirrels up the big oak tree in the backyard..
>
> Harriet & critters, J J & PK the lady manx who rules the house



Of course every pet owner has stories to tell, so here are a couple of
Annabelle's.

Sniffed around the backyard garage door all day. We put the door up and
she went to work sniffing. Three days later, she presented us with a
dead rat on the backdoor mat. She was so proud and so were we!

Left a box of donuts on the kitchen table and went shopping. Came back
and the box was empty and she had buried portions of them into the
corners of each chair and couch in the house. Kinda obvious?!

Gave her a valium (vet prescribed) at a big house/pool party since she
snapped at the kids. For 10 hours locked in the den she barked and
barked. After everybody left, we opened the door, she came out, took
one sniff, looked around and then BLAMO she hit the floor. fast asleep!

Made pancakes one morning and we gave her the leftover pancake. She
promptly took it outside and buried it... "her contribution for when
times get rough," we figured.

Andy


--
"If you can't do it naturally, then fake it."
- Alfred Hitchcock
Spoken to Ingrid Bergman


  #26 (permalink)   Report Post  
AlleyGator
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Andy > wrote:
>Plus, they make great "before the doorbell" doorbells.

Yeah, but for some reason they temporarliy turn into Beagles when they
do this. Pretty annoying.
  #27 (permalink)   Report Post  
AlleyGator
 
Posts: n/a
Default

"Rick & Cyndi" > wrote:
>Oh geez... ours is more like a doorbell extender. The doorbell rings "ding
>ding" which is followed by
>'rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrr
>woof woof woof woof woof arfffff arrrffff'. <sigh> We're about ready to
>disconnect our door bell. She totally goes nuts when she knows somebody is
>at the door!

That's it - that's the sound I hate so much. The woof isn't bad but
the 'BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR" leading up to it is murder.
  #28 (permalink)   Report Post  
AlleyGator
 
Posts: n/a
Default

"Nancy Young" > wrote:
>This is the second post in a row that you threatened to hurt me. I know,
>you don't mean *me* you but I promise I have no intention of hurting you
>or your family or pets in any way.
>
>I wouldn't mind the story of your lawsuit, you can email me.
>
>nancy

Ooops. Sorry, Nancy - I gotta watch my mouth. It was figurative, of
course - and I didn't mean I would hurt YOU. (Back to blackboard,
doing best imitation of Bart). I've been off all week barfing - it's
taken it's toll.
  #29 (permalink)   Report Post  
AlleyGator
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Goomba38 > wrote:
>I'd like to second that "WTF?"
>Goomba
>

I'd like to answer it, but I don't know how. Sorry about that - I
gotta learn to keep a lid on things. I'm working on it, I swear. A
little rage from something else popped up due to a comment someone
made to me while posting, and I have been sick all week. I need to
think before I post - say, that's a good one for the blackboard a
hundred times - I'll be back later. <G>
  #30 (permalink)   Report Post  
AlleyGator
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Denise~* > wrote:
>He is almost 3, but seriously, Id rather wait till he is a little older
>and I have less to deal with. Right now I dont think I could handle a
>small child & a pet. Plus to get a puppy nowadays, you have to
>practically empty your bank account.
>
>

Seems that a lot of times there is very little difference between a
dog and a 2 year old - They both need a huge amount of attention.
You're right, it's a big job.


  #31 (permalink)   Report Post  
AlleyGator
 
Posts: n/a
Default

zxcvbob > wrote:
>Are you sure he's part chow? Labradors often have black on their
>tongues even if purebreds.
>
>Best regards,
>Bob

No, actually I'm not sure - and I wasn't aware of the above. I know
the mother, but they just told me the pop was BL/Chow. May not be, I
guess - he has a really big head though.
  #32 (permalink)   Report Post  
AlleyGator
 
Posts: n/a
Default

"Nancy Young" > wrote:
>I know I already said this, my neighbor's kid brought one home, well
>if this isn't the friggin sweetest dog you ever met (okay, unless you had
>met mine, Rascal the wire haired fox terrier) ... oh, what a doll face.
>If I dare to get another dog some day, I'll SERIOUSLY consider a
>boxer, even though they are bigger than I like. Nice nice dogs.
>
>nancy

They are a little big for indoors at first glance, but he really seems
to have fit in pretty well. I don't know if it's just him or the
breed, but it's either "feast or famine". He's either laying dead to
the world for hours, or wound up like a coiled spring. Not ever
having had one of these before - are they all nuts, all the time?
When he's awake, he's eternally bored and pesters me to no end. I'm
getting ready to head back to bed, but as I type, I just threw him a
2-liter soda bottle to amuse himself with, and it sounds like the
second floor is going to collapse onto my head any second. The other
night I looked at him and said (like he had a clue) "Why don't you go
act like a dog? Leave me alone.". They are, however, free
entertainment as long as you are fairly resistant to noise (I had 14
9-year old girls over for a slumber party once - I can survive
anything.)

  #33 (permalink)   Report Post  
Nancy Young
 
Posts: n/a
Default


"AlleyGator" > wrote in message
...
> "Nancy Young" > wrote:
>>This is the second post in a row that you threatened to hurt me. I know,
>>you don't mean *me* you but I promise I have no intention of hurting you
>>or your family or pets in any way.


> Ooops. Sorry, Nancy - I gotta watch my mouth. It was figurative, of
> course - and I didn't mean I would hurt YOU. (Back to blackboard,
> doing best imitation of Bart). I've been off all week barfing - it's
> taken it's toll.


I know, and I'm really sorry you're so sick. Hope you feel better soon,
but that sounds trite, I know.

nancy


  #34 (permalink)   Report Post  
AlleyGator
 
Posts: n/a
Default

"Nancy Young" > wrote:
>I know, and I'm really sorry you're so sick. Hope you feel better soon,
>but that sounds trite, I know.
>
>nancy
>
>

No, actually I appreciate it a lot. I tried to go back to bed but
I've got the 'willies". You know, where you're just not comfortable
sitting, standing, laying, walking - boy, I'm a wimp this week. And
my son, right before he left to finish a re-hab job he's on, showed me
the blueprints he got for a small log home he plans to build. He has
to pay off the land first. It's cool to see the guy grow up and do
something. I'm gonna be jealous if he pulls this off.
  #35 (permalink)   Report Post  
Nancy Young
 
Posts: n/a
Default


"AlleyGator" > wrote

> No, actually I appreciate it a lot. I tried to go back to bed but
> I've got the 'willies". You know, where you're just not comfortable
> sitting, standing, laying, walking - boy, I'm a wimp this week.


Oh, gawd, that happened to me once when I had a bad reaction
to steroids. Sheer misery. The hallucinations were fun, too.

nancy




  #36 (permalink)   Report Post  
Eric
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I'm a long time lurker both here and on the AFB group and it takes dogs to
make me come out of hiding. Now that I'm out of my shell I'll try and stay
out. My wife and I are both foodies
My family and I are proudly owned but a Black Lab, A siberian Husky and an
Alaskan Husky. all rescued and are rulers of the house. What an alarm
system, the lab sounds like a bear when anybody comes to the door and the
huskies just stare at you with those blue eyes never blinking. I always
thought the lab was the protective one until a very aggressive 100+lb German
Shepard looked at my 4 year old daughter like a TV dinner.. The lab ran to
me for protection and the huskies practically tore that Shepard apart
protecting my girl. They were even tied up at the time.

Eric from Montreal

"Rick & Cyndi" > wrote in message
news:W2n0e.1103$Ax.532@trnddc04...
>
> "AlleyGator" > wrote in message
> ...
>> I'm sure I told you all that back near the first of November, we
>> rescued a freezing, starving Boxer dog. Good grief, what a stroke of
>> fortune. I have had many dogs in my life and currently have 3 other
>> great dogs, but this "gentleman" is more than I ever hoped for. I
>> have a potentially fatal affliction (don't mourn, just get over it - I
>> have) At this moment, as I type, he is trying to get me to "play" -
>> which, OMG is an invitation for stiches. OK, I have to go deal with
>> the mutt - just rest assured that if you are looking fer yer first dog
>> - a Boxer is the way to go. Loyal beyond belief. If I'm sick in bed,
>> He's at my feet and anyone who enters the room gets a facefull of
>> teeth and growl until he figures that theyre really supposed to be
>> there. Dang, get a dog - that's all I can say.

> ==================
>
> Giggle! Yep, we too have a Boxer dog. (Ms.) Petey's Maximum Security
> (PMS). She totally rocks. She has the sweetest disposition and at nearly
> 7 she still thinks she is a puppy. One added plus - she doesn't drool!!!
>
> Cyndi
>



  #37 (permalink)   Report Post  
AlleyGator
 
Posts: n/a
Default

"Nancy Young" > wrote:
>Oh, gawd, that happened to me once when I had a bad reaction
>to steroids. Sheer misery. The hallucinations were fun, too.

I believe this points back to a prior thread about college and
mushrooms - never mind.
  #38 (permalink)   Report Post  
AlleyGator
 
Posts: n/a
Default

"Rick & Cyndi" > wrote:
>Giggle! Yep, we too have a Boxer dog. (Ms.) Petey's Maximum Security
>(PMS). She totally rocks. She has the sweetest disposition and at nearly 7
>she still thinks she is a puppy. One added plus - she doesn't drool!!!
>
>Cyndi
>
>

You are indeed fortunate. At the small, faint sound of water or food
being touched, I head him off with a rag and say "sit, and take it
like a man". I hate drool.
  #40 (permalink)   Report Post  
Becca
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Dave Smith wrote:

> A surprisingly sweet tempered dog is the English Bulldog. They have a
> fierce sort of appearance but I know a few people who have had them and loved
> them. They have a very loving disposition despite that pushed in face.


My last dog was an English Bulldog, she was very sweet. I would love to
have another dog but I travel too much.

Becca
Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The new bacon rule Bryan[_6_] General Cooking 164 24-12-2012 05:04 PM
OMG!!!! Giants Rule!!! Janet Wilder[_1_] General Cooking 39 09-02-2012 03:31 AM
FAT PEOPLE RULE JAK General Cooking 0 17-10-2007 10:11 PM
The Five Second Rule JHood General Cooking 16 13-05-2007 08:24 PM
what do boxers eat? fat alberich and headline reviews General Cooking 10 11-09-2006 07:40 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:29 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2024 FoodBanter.com.
The comments are property of their posters.
 

About Us

"It's about Food and drink"