Default Cooking Sunday-Blog post

It's a Cooking Sunday with pics of the successes and the disaster.

And there is a disaster involving brownies that could not be made
palatable.

Oh, and check out the Flied Lice recipe.
======
http://patfish.blogspot.com/2005/03/...heir-song.html

Also on this Blog post:

In this TV post I note that American Idol is getting close to the final
ten. I've been watching the competition with one eye.

Now is the time to get down to business.

Some comments about the contestants, pics of the finalists and my guess
of the top two finalists.

Also a review of the Mort Kondrake movie "Millie" and the TV event of
the week I refuse to watch.

~~~~~

In this bird post I note it's spring and the birds are singing.

As I cock an ear I ponder what bird would sing what sort of human tune
in this blatant attempt at anthropomorphism.

Both the cardinals and the whippoorwills would be Broadway singers but
with a distinct difference.

~~~~~~

Melba's Jammin'

In article .com>,
" > wrote:

> Oh, and check out the Flied Lice recipe.

I'm insulted by your spelling.
--
-Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> Sweet Potato Follies added 2/24/05.
maxine in ri

On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 18:00:34 -0600, Melba's Jammin'
> connected the dots and wrote:

~In article .com>,
" > wrote:
~
~> Oh, and check out the Flied Lice recipe.
~
~I'm insulted by your spelling.

Why? She's obviously an insectivore....;-)

maxine in ri
Melba's Jammin'

In article >, group wrote:

> On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 18:00:34 -0600, Melba's Jammin'
> > connected the dots and wrote:
>
> ~In article .com>,
> " > wrote:
> ~
> ~> Oh, and check out the Flied Lice recipe.
> ~
> ~I'm insulted by your spelling.
>
> Why? She's obviously an insectivore....;-)
>
> maxine in ri

I'm also annoyed by the regular ads for her (?) blog.
--
-Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> Sweet Potato Follies added 2/24/05.
Wayne Boatwright

On Mon 21 Mar 2005 07:39:45p, Melba's Jammin' wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> In article >, group wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 18:00:34 -0600, Melba's Jammin'
>> > connected the dots and wrote:
>>
>> ~In article .com>,
>> " > wrote: ~ ~> Oh, and check out
>> the Flied Lice recipe. ~
>> ~I'm insulted by your spelling.
>>
>> Why? She's obviously an insectivore....;-)
>>
>> maxine in ri

> I'm also annoyed by the regular ads for her (?) blog.

I hate blogs and avoid them like the plague! Most seem like an arena where
people write all the things that no one will listen to. Boring.......

--
Wayne Boatwright

Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974

Gal Called J.J.

One time on Usenet, Melba's Jammin' > said:
> In article .com>,
> " > wrote:
>
> > Oh, and check out the Flied Lice recipe.

> I'm insulted by your spelling.

Yeah, that's beyond rude...

--
J.J. in WA ~ mom, vid gamer, novice cook ~
"You still haven't explained why the pool is
Gal Called J.J.

One time on Usenet, Wayne Boatwright > said:
> On Mon 21 Mar 2005 07:39:45p, Melba's Jammin' wrote in rec.food.cooking:
> > In article >, group wrote:
> >> On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 18:00:34 -0600, Melba's Jammin'
> >> ~In article .com>,

> >> Why? She's obviously an insectivore....;-)

> > I'm also annoyed by the regular ads for her (?) blog.

> I hate blogs and avoid them like the plague! Most seem like an arena where
> people write all the things that no one will listen to. Boring.......

Good to know I'm not the only one who feels this way...

--
J.J. in WA ~ mom, vid gamer, novice cook ~
"You still haven't explained why the pool is
filled with elf blood." - Frylock, ATHF
Gregory Morrow

Wayne Boatwright wrote:

> I hate blogs and avoid them like the plague! Most seem like an arena

where
> people write all the things that no one will listen to. Boring.......

You can go to any bar in the land and listen to some gabby drunk expound on
things...at least it's more entertaining than reading some dumb blog...

--
Best
Greg

Default User

Wayne Boatwright wrote:

> I hate blogs and avoid them like the plague! Most seem like an arena

where
> people write all the things that no one will listen to.

Boring.......

While there probably needs to be an extension of Sturgeon's Law the
internet, let's say "99% of anything is crap", there are always
exceptions. That's true of blogs as well.

One of my favorites (has nothing to do with RFC for the most part) is
The Comics Curmudgeon:

http://joshreads.com/

It's been rapidly gaining in popularity, as you can see by the numbers
of replies to his entries.

Brian

Wayne Boatwright

On Wed 23 Mar 2005 10:53:33a, Default User wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>
>> I hate blogs and avoid them like the plague! Most seem like an arena
>> where people write all the things that no one will listen to.

> Boring.......
>

> While there probably needs to be an extension of Sturgeon's Law the
> internet, let's say "99% of anything is crap", there are always
> exceptions. That's true of blogs as well.
>
> One of my favorites (has nothing to do with RFC for the most part) is
> The Comics Curmudgeon:
>
> http://joshreads.com/
>

> It's been rapidly gaining in popularity, as you can see by the numbers
> of replies to his entries.

It may be popular and you may like it, but I simply don't like the genre.
Regardless of content or "quality", it's all just so much blather to me.

Guess that's what makes the world go 'round.

--
Wayne Boatwright

Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974

Wayne Boatwright wrote:
> On Wed 23 Mar 2005 10:53:33a, Default User wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> > It's been rapidly gaining in popularity, as you can see by the

numbers
> > of replies to his entries.

> It may be popular and you may like it, but I simply don't like the

genre.
> Regardless of content or "quality", it's all just so much blather to

me.

You realize that that makes little or no sense.

> Guess that's what makes the world go 'round.

I suppose. "I don't care if something's good or not, I don't like it,
PERIOD."

Brian

Wayne Boatwright

On Thu 24 Mar 2005 03:06:59p, Default User wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>> On Wed 23 Mar 2005 10:53:33a, Default User wrote in rec.food.cooking:

>> > It's been rapidly gaining in popularity, as you can see by the
>> > numbers of replies to his entries.

>> It may be popular and you may like it, but I simply don't like the
>> genre. Regardless of content or "quality", it's all just so much
>> blather to me.

> You realize that that makes little or no sense.

It makes perfect sense to me. It is blather *to me*. Someone else's idle
ramblings are of no interest to me. I prefer reading organized writing,
with the exception of a few newsgroups.

>> Guess that's what makes the world go 'round.

> I suppose. "I don't care if something's good or not, I don't like it,
> PERIOD."

You got it. My opinion does not have to make sense to you, no more than
yours to me.

--
Wayne Boatwright

Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974

Wayne Boatwright wrote:
> On Thu 24 Mar 2005 03:06:59p, Default User wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> > You realize that that makes little or no sense.

> It makes perfect sense to me. It is blather *to me*. Someone else's

idle
> ramblings are of no interest to me. I prefer reading organized

writing,
> with the exception of a few newsgroups.

So basically access nothing on the internet.

> >> Guess that's what makes the world go 'round.

> > I suppose. "I don't care if something's good or not, I don't like

it,
> > PERIOD."

> You got it. My opinion does not have to make sense to you, no more

than
> yours to me.

I suppose. I prefer content over form. If someone has something
intelligent or amusing to say, I don't much care they haven't had some
vague "organized" tag (whatever that means) hung them.

Brian

Wayne Boatwright

On Thu 24 Mar 2005 03:26:52p, Default User wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>> On Thu 24 Mar 2005 03:06:59p, Default User wrote in rec.food.cooking:

>> > You realize that that makes little or no sense.

>> It makes perfect sense to me. It is blather *to me*. Someone else's
>> idle ramblings are of no interest to me. I prefer reading organized
>> writing, with the exception of a few newsgroups.

> So basically access nothing on the internet.

Now you're being rediculous. The only thing I categorically do not like
are blogs. It shouldn't matter to you why or whether I do or not. There
are uncountable things I do like on the Internet.

I see absolutely no reason why you feel you must argue the point why I
should like blogs, or that you should assume the rest of the Internet would
be of no interest to me. That's also rediculous.

>> > I suppose. "I don't care if something's good or not, I don't like
>> > it, PERIOD."

>> You got it. My opinion does not have to make sense to you, no more
>> than yours to me.

> I suppose. I prefer content over form. If someone has something
> intelligent or amusing to say, I don't much care they haven't had some
> vague "organized" tag (whatever that means) hung them.

And I prefer content *with* form. Is that so difficult a concept to
understand.

I think we just need to agree to disagree. I'll be the first to say, "I
agree!"

Bye...

--
Wayne Boatwright