CheCooks

Default Bisquick substitute

I am looking for a Bisquick substitute. I'd rather make it myself than buy
it. Thanks!!

Monsur Fromage du Pollet

"CheCooks" > wrote in
:

> I am looking for a Bisquick substitute. I'd rather make it myself
> than buy it. Thanks!!

Since Bisquick is a commercial substitute for homemade biscut mix...Any
from scratch Biscut recipe will give you the basics.

flour, baking soda, powdered eggs and lard.

Google is your friend

Type 2 Diabetic 1AC 5.6mmol or 101mg/dl
Continuing to be Manitoban
Rusty

On Sun, 13 Mar 2005 00:48:48 GMT, "CheCooks" >
wrote:

>I am looking for a Bisquick substitute. I'd rather make it myself than buy
>it. Thanks!!

Try these:

http://bread.allrecipes.com/az/EasyBiscuitMixture.asp

http://www.cdkitchen.com/features/da...39733852.shtml

http://www.cooks.com/rec/search/0,1-...it_mix,FF.html

http://www.recipelink.com/clippings/...ifts/4580.html

Rusty
Sacramento, California

Steve Murch

-= Exported from BigOven =-

Bisquick Mix

Recipe By:
Serving Size: 10
Cuisine: American
Main Ingredient: Biscuits

-= Ingredients =-
9 cups flour -- sifted
1/3 cup baking powder
1 cup powdered milk -- plus 2 tablespoons
4 teaspoons salt
1 3/4 cups vegetable shortening

-= Instructions =-
Sift all dry ingredients. Cut shortening into flour until mixture resembles
coarse cornmeal. Store well covered in a cool, dry place. You can use this
for waffles, pancakes, biscuits and for coating chicken

** This recipe can be pasted directly into BigOven. BigOven.com ID= 157573
**
** Easy recipe software. Try it free at: http://www.bigoven.com **

jmcquown

"Monsur Fromage du Pollet" > wrote in message
> "CheCooks" > wrote in
> :
>
> > I am looking for a Bisquick substitute. I'd rather make it myself
> > than buy it. Thanks!!
> >

> Since Bisquick is a commercial substitute for homemade biscut mix...Any
> from scratch Biscut recipe will give you the basics.
>
> flour, baking soda, powdered eggs and lard.

Forget the eggs... bisquick doesn't contain eggs.

Jill

CheCooks

Thank you...I wasn't 100% sure that I could use my own as a subsitute and
the other links were good sources too.

"CheCooks" > wrote in message
> I am looking for a Bisquick substitute. I'd rather make it myself than

buy
> it. Thanks!!

Monsur Fromage du Pollet

"jmcquown" > wrote in
:

> Forget the eggs... bisquick doesn't contain eggs.
>
> Jill

No wonder it sucks. BTW I forgot the dried buttermilk.

Type 2 Diabetic 1AC 5.6mmol or 101mg/dl
Continuing to be Manitoban
No One

Bisquick recipe

2 Cups flour

1 Tablespoon baking powder

3/4 Teaspoon salt

1/2 Teaspoon cream of tartar

1/4 Teaspoon baking soda

1/3 Cup instant dry milk or buttermilk powder

1/4 Cup Shortening

In a large bowl, mix together all dry ingredients. Blend well. With pastry
blender or heavy-duty mixer, or one's hand, cut in shortening until mixture
resembles cornmeal in texture.

Put in an airtight container. Label with date and contents. Store in cool,
dry place. Use within 10-12 weeks.

Joe

"CheCooks" > wrote in message
> I am looking for a Bisquick substitute. I'd rather make it myself than

buy
> it. Thanks!!

Dave Smith

CheCooks wrote:

> I am looking for a Bisquick substitute. I'd rather make it myself than buy
> it. Thanks!!

??? Bisquick for biscuits? Like a biscuit recipe?

CheCooks

It was for making a specialty biscuit that called for 2 cups of a "biscuit
mix", but since then I have found that I could use my own biscuit recipe for
the mix. Thanks to all who replied!

"Dave Smith" > wrote in message
> CheCooks wrote:
>
> > I am looking for a Bisquick substitute. I'd rather make it myself than

buy
> > it. Thanks!!

> ??? Bisquick for biscuits? Like a biscuit recipe?

Bisquick Pancakes Silver Woman Recipes (moderated) 0 26-02-2004 02:54 AM
Expired Bisquick Lena B Katz General Cooking 7 18-01-2004 08:53 PM
bisquick rosie r+p General Cooking 2 04-01-2004 06:25 PM
bisquick Frogleg General Cooking 1 04-01-2004 05:15 PM
Bisquick Peanut Butter Chip Cookies - Bisquick Classics Duckie Recipes (moderated) 0 13-11-2003 01:02 PM