BigDog

Default Peeling eggs again

I just did a batch last night. First I used the
egg pricker to put a tiny hole in the large end
of the egg. This keeps them from cracking and
leaking from the shell. Steamed in my steamer on
stovetop. When done, about 15-20 minutes, I put
them in a smaller pot and shook it around to put
cracks in the shells. Filled with cold water to
cool off. Peeled so easy I will do them this way
from now on.

--
BigDog,
To E-mail me, you know what to do.
Serendipity

BigDog wrote:

> I just did a batch last night. First I used the
> egg pricker to put a tiny hole in the large end
> of the egg. This keeps them from cracking and
> leaking from the shell. Steamed in my steamer on
> stovetop. When done, about 15-20 minutes, I put
> them in a smaller pot and shook it around to put
> cracks in the shells. Filled with cold water to
> cool off. Peeled so easy I will do them this way
> from now on.

I put eggs in cold water, bring to a boil until hard boiled, then drain
and fill with cold water. I've never had problems peeling them. IMO,
15-20 minutes seems long but then I boil not steam the eggs. DH loves
egg salad sandwiches
Janet Bostwick

"BigDog" > wrote in message
>I just did a batch last night. First I used the
> egg pricker to put a tiny hole in the large end
> of the egg. This keeps them from cracking and
> leaking from the shell. Steamed in my steamer on
> stovetop. When done, about 15-20 minutes, I put
> them in a smaller pot and shook it around to put
> cracks in the shells. Filled with cold water to
> cool off. Peeled so easy I will do them this way
> from now on.
>
> --
> BigDog,
> To E-mail me, you know what to do.

When I did my steaming test batch, I didn't even shake the eggs around to
crack the shells, and the egg shells still came off in large pieces. I
stored them in the fridge with uncracked shells and the peels still fell
away several days later. Thanks for the report on timing.
Janet

aem

I wonder how many times this topic has been brought up on rfc? I'm not
objecting, there are probably readers who learn from it each time if
the lurking audience out there swirls around and comes and goes the way
I suspect it does. What do you suppose are the other most-repeated
topics? Tipping, and the behavior of other people's children in
public, for sure, but which ones as to cooking itself--both recipes and
techniques?

Melba's Jammin'

In article . com>,
"aem" > wrote:

> What do you suppose are the other most-repeated
> topics?

> but which ones as to cooking itself--both recipes and
> techniques?

How to season cast iron.
--
-Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> Sweet Potato Follies added 2/24/05.

Hahabogus

"Janet Bostwick" > wrote in
:

> "BigDog" > wrote in message
> >I just did a batch last night. First I used the
> > egg pricker to put a tiny hole in the large end
> > of the egg. This keeps them from cracking and
> > leaking from the shell. Steamed in my steamer on
> > stovetop. When done, about 15-20 minutes, I put
> > them in a smaller pot and shook it around to put
> > cracks in the shells. Filled with cold water to
> > cool off. Peeled so easy I will do them this way
> > from now on.
> >
> > --
> > BigDog,
> > To E-mail me, you know what to do.

> When I did my steaming test batch, I didn't even shake the eggs
> around to crack the shells, and the egg shells still came off in
> large pieces. I stored them in the fridge with uncracked shells and
> the peels still fell away several days later. Thanks for the report
> on timing. Janet

Didn't I have a good Idea?...well in 50 years you gotta get it right at
least once.

Type 2 Diabetic 1AC 5.6mmol or 101mg/dl
Continuing to be Manitoban
Amarantha

"aem" > wrote in news:1110321929.184941.32230
@l41g2000cwc.googlegroups.com:

> What do you suppose are the other most-repeated
> topics?

What constitutes authentic chilli/caesar/alfredo/bbq/etc

nil illegitimi carborundum
Nancy Young

"Melba's Jammin'" > wrote in message
> In article . com>,
> "aem" > wrote:
>
>> What do you suppose are the other most-repeated
>> topics?

>> but which ones as to cooking itself--both recipes and
>> techniques?

> How to season cast iron.

What are the best pots/knives, etc.

nancy

Sheldon

aem wrote:
> I wonder how many times this topic has been brought up on rfc? I'm

not
> objecting, there are probably readers who learn from it each time if
> the lurking audience out there swirls around and comes and goes the

way
> I suspect it does. What do you suppose are the other most-repeated
> topics? Tipping, and the behavior of other people's children in
> public, for sure, but which ones as to cooking itself--both recipes

and
> techniques?

Cutting boards. politics, and rape.

Janet Bostwick

"Hahabogus" > wrote in message
> "Janet Bostwick" > wrote in
> :

SNIP
>> When I did my steaming test batch, I didn't even shake the eggs
>> around to crack the shells, and the egg shells still came off in
>> large pieces. I stored them in the fridge with uncracked shells and
>> the peels still fell away several days later. Thanks for the report
>> on timing. Janet
>>

> Didn't I have a good Idea?...well in 50 years you gotta get it right at
> least once.

Yes you did. I've already shared the idea with many friends. What really
makes it a good idea is that it is so simple. Thanks again.
Janet

Melba's Jammin'

In article >, "Nancy Young"
> wrote:

> "Melba's Jammin'" > wrote in message
> > In article . com>,
> > "aem" > wrote:
> >
> >> What do you suppose are the other most-repeated
> >> topics?

> >> but which ones as to cooking itself--both recipes and
> >> techniques?

> > How to season cast iron.

> What are the best pots/knives, etc.
>
> nancy

Why should I use unsalted butter?
--
-Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> Sweet Potato Follies added 2/24/05.
Katra

In article >,
Melba's Jammin' > wrote:

> In article . com>,
> "aem" > wrote:
>
> > What do you suppose are the other most-repeated
> > topics?

> > but which ones as to cooking itself--both recipes and
> > techniques?
> >

> How to season cast iron.

<rofl>!

Too true!!! ;-)