biig

Default frozen shrimp

Can anyone tell me how long a shrimp ring will keep in a deep freeze?
I bought it between Christmas and New Years and would like to use it
this weekend. Thanks......Sharon
Dwayne

I cant tell you for sure, but I was told that fresh meat must be sold by the
use date, other wise it is thrown away. Frozen meat (shrimp) also has a use
by: date, but it is legally ignored for a period of time before throwing
them away. Check the sell by date on your pack, and

Dwayne

"biig" > wrote in message ...

> Can anyone tell me how long a shrimp ring will keep in a deep freeze?
> I bought it between Christmas and New Years and would like to use it
> this weekend. Thanks......Sharon

biig

This is a shrimp ring that has been frozen the entire time. It had a
cardboard sleeve, but I threw it out weeks ago...so don't have any
expiration date....Sharon

Dwayne wrote:

> I cant tell you for sure, but I was told that fresh meat must be sold by the
> use date, other wise it is thrown away. Frozen meat (shrimp) also has a use
> by: date, but it is legally ignored for a period of time before throwing
> them away. Check the sell by date on your pack, and
>
> Dwayne
>
> "biig" > wrote in message ...
> >
> > Can anyone tell me how long a shrimp ring will keep in a deep freeze?
> > I bought it between Christmas and New Years and would like to use it
> > this weekend. Thanks......Sharon

The Cook

biig > wrote:

> This is a shrimp ring that has been frozen the entire time. It had a
>cardboard sleeve, but I threw it out weeks ago...so don't have any
>expiration date....Sharon
>
>Dwayne wrote:
>>
>> I cant tell you for sure, but I was told that fresh meat must be sold by the
>> use date, other wise it is thrown away. Frozen meat (shrimp) also has a use
>> by: date, but it is legally ignored for a period of time before throwing
>> them away. Check the sell by date on your pack, and
>>
>> Dwayne
>>
>> "biig" > wrote in message ...
>> >
>> > Can anyone tell me how long a shrimp ring will keep in a deep freeze?
>> > I bought it between Christmas and New Years and would like to use it
>> > this weekend. Thanks......Sharon

Thaw it and see if it smells OK. If so, taste one. Tastes funny,
toss it. If it has been in the freezer the whole time and not
defrosted it should be fine.

--
Susan N.

"Moral indignation is in most cases two percent moral, 48 percent indignation, and 50 percent envy."
biig

Thanks, it's never been thawed, so I'll check it out....Sharon

The Cook wrote:

> biig > wrote:
>
> > This is a shrimp ring that has been frozen the entire time. It had a
> >cardboard sleeve, but I threw it out weeks ago...so don't have any
> >expiration date....Sharon
> >
> >Dwayne wrote:
> >>
> >> I cant tell you for sure, but I was told that fresh meat must be sold by the
> >> use date, other wise it is thrown away. Frozen meat (shrimp) also has a use
> >> by: date, but it is legally ignored for a period of time before throwing
> >> them away. Check the sell by date on your pack, and
> >>
> >> Dwayne

> Thaw it and see if it smells OK. If so, taste one. Tastes funny,
> toss it. If it has been in the freezer the whole time and not
> defrosted it should be fine.
>
> --
> Susan N.
>
> "Moral indignation is in most cases two percent moral, 48 percent indignation, and 50 percent envy."
> Vittorio De Sica, Italian movie director (1901-1974)

Priscilla H. Ballou

biig wrote:

> Can anyone tell me how long a shrimp ring will keep in a deep freeze?
> I bought it between Christmas and New Years and would like to use it
> this weekend. Thanks......Sharon

I'm not sure, but I do know that if you eat it, it definitely won't keep!

<Sorry. Influenced by invisibility thread.>

I wouldn't worry. I generally allow a year or more for frozen foods.
It's the aesthetics that go before the safety does.

Priscilla