Maverick

Default My poor friend - misses a lot of good food.

"Steve Ritter" > wrote in message

> We went to lunch today to an Oriental Seafood restaurant. Saigon - in
> Albany.
>
> Great food. We had froglegs and Dim Sum and so on. My poor friend came
> out hungry.
>
> He said "I'll be damned if I'd it that horrible horrible disgusting slop
> they eat around the world!"
>
> His idea of exotic food is switching to mayonnaise from ketchup when he
> has fries. I feel sorry for him. Kind of sad. We had such a great time
> with the other guys. But he won't budge. He's otherwise "normal." Whatever
> that means

I had a brother-in-law like that for a while... He was raised on beef,
potatoes and veggies. My family finally managed to get him to try Chinese
food. He couldn't get enough of it that night and since then, he's been
more open to try other styles of foods.

Too bad he turned out to be a drunk and a wife-beater. I know my sister so
I can't imagine how he managed to live after all the abuse he gave her...

Bret

Maverick

"Steve Ritter" > wrote in message

> We went to lunch today to an Oriental Seafood restaurant. Saigon - in
> Albany.
>
> Great food. We had froglegs and Dim Sum and so on. My poor friend came
> out hungry.
>
> He said "I'll be damned if I'd it that horrible horrible disgusting slop
> they eat around the world!"
>
> His idea of exotic food is switching to mayonnaise from ketchup when he
> has fries. I feel sorry for him. Kind of sad. We had such a great time
> with the other guys. But he won't budge. He's otherwise "normal." Whatever
> that means

I had a brother-in-law like that for a while... He was raised on beef,
potatoes and veggies. My family finally managed to get him to try Chinese
food. He couldn't get enough of it that night and since then, he's been
more open to try other styles of foods.

Too bad he turned out to be a drunk and a wife-beater. I know my sister so
I can't imagine how he managed to live after all the abuse he gave her...

Bret

RMiller

> We went to lunch today to an Oriental Seafood restaurant. Saigon - in
>Albany.
>
> Great food. We had froglegs and Dim Sum and so on. My poor friend came
>out hungry.
>
> He said "I'll be damned if I'd it that horrible horrible disgusting slop
>they eat around the world!"
>
> His idea of exotic food is switching to mayonnaise from ketchup when he
>has fries. I feel sorry for him. Kind of sad. We had such a great time
>with the other guys. But he won't budge. He's otherwise "normal." Whatever
>that means
>
> Steve
>
> Buffering... _69%_ |||||||||||||||||||
>
> hey !!!! Normal ==== Boring !!!

Rosie

RMiller

> We went to lunch today to an Oriental Seafood restaurant. Saigon - in
>Albany.
>
> Great food. We had froglegs and Dim Sum and so on. My poor friend came
>out hungry.
>
> He said "I'll be damned if I'd it that horrible horrible disgusting slop
>they eat around the world!"
>
> His idea of exotic food is switching to mayonnaise from ketchup when he
>has fries. I feel sorry for him. Kind of sad. We had such a great time
>with the other guys. But he won't budge. He's otherwise "normal." Whatever
>that means
>
> Steve
>
> Buffering... _69%_ |||||||||||||||||||
>
> hey !!!! Normal ==== Boring !!!

Rosie

Gtwy4cb

>I'll be damned if I'd it that horrible horrible disgusting slop they eat
around the world!"

I was on a tour to Taiwan and they served a fabulous dinner, all laid out on a
big Lazy Susan--there were ten people at the table-- my two friends and I and
the tour guide were from New York--the rest were Texans--the New Yorkers ate
every last piece of food--the Texans ate NONE!!
They said they preferred BARBECUE!!

Gtwy4cb

>I'll be damned if I'd it that horrible horrible disgusting slop they eat
around the world!"

I was on a tour to Taiwan and they served a fabulous dinner, all laid out on a
big Lazy Susan--there were ten people at the table-- my two friends and I and
the tour guide were from New York--the rest were Texans--the New Yorkers ate
every last piece of food--the Texans ate NONE!!
They said they preferred BARBECUE!!

Jack Schidt®

"Steve Ritter" > wrote in message

> We went to lunch today to an Oriental Seafood restaurant. Saigon - in
> Albany.
>
> Great food. We had froglegs and Dim Sum and so on. My poor friend came
> out hungry.
>
> He said "I'll be damned if I'd it that horrible horrible disgusting slop
> they eat around the world!"
>
> His idea of exotic food is switching to mayonnaise from ketchup when he
> has fries. I feel sorry for him. Kind of sad. We had such a great time
> with the other guys. But he won't budge. He's otherwise "normal." Whatever
> that means

I means leave him at home next time. He's probably no good in the sack
either ;-P

Jack Fuss

Jack Schidt®

"Maverick" > wrote in message
> "Steve Ritter" > wrote in message
> >
> > We went to lunch today to an Oriental Seafood restaurant. Saigon - in
> > Albany.
> >
> > Great food. We had froglegs and Dim Sum and so on. My poor friend came
> > out hungry.
> >
> > He said "I'll be damned if I'd it that horrible horrible disgusting

slop
> > they eat around the world!"
> >
> > His idea of exotic food is switching to mayonnaise from ketchup when

he
> > has fries. I feel sorry for him. Kind of sad. We had such a great time
> > with the other guys. But he won't budge. He's otherwise "normal."

Whatever
> > that means

> I had a brother-in-law like that for a while... He was raised on beef,
> potatoes and veggies. My family finally managed to get him to try Chinese
> food. He couldn't get enough of it that night and since then, he's been
> more open to try other styles of foods.
>
> Too bad he turned out to be a drunk and a wife-beater. I know my sister

so
> I can't imagine how he managed to live after all the abuse he gave her...
>
> Bret

Did he sport a mullet hairstyle and drive a Camaro?

Jack Redneck

Jack Schidt®

"Steve Ritter" > wrote in message

> We went to lunch today to an Oriental Seafood restaurant. Saigon - in
> Albany.
>
> Great food. We had froglegs and Dim Sum and so on. My poor friend came
> out hungry.
>
> He said "I'll be damned if I'd it that horrible horrible disgusting slop
> they eat around the world!"
>
> His idea of exotic food is switching to mayonnaise from ketchup when he
> has fries. I feel sorry for him. Kind of sad. We had such a great time
> with the other guys. But he won't budge. He's otherwise "normal." Whatever
> that means

I means leave him at home next time. He's probably no good in the sack
either ;-P

Jack Fuss

Jack Schidt®

"Maverick" > wrote in message
> "Steve Ritter" > wrote in message
> >
> > We went to lunch today to an Oriental Seafood restaurant. Saigon - in
> > Albany.
> >
> > Great food. We had froglegs and Dim Sum and so on. My poor friend came
> > out hungry.
> >
> > He said "I'll be damned if I'd it that horrible horrible disgusting

slop
> > they eat around the world!"
> >
> > His idea of exotic food is switching to mayonnaise from ketchup when

he
> > has fries. I feel sorry for him. Kind of sad. We had such a great time
> > with the other guys. But he won't budge. He's otherwise "normal."

Whatever
> > that means

> I had a brother-in-law like that for a while... He was raised on beef,
> potatoes and veggies. My family finally managed to get him to try Chinese
> food. He couldn't get enough of it that night and since then, he's been
> more open to try other styles of foods.
>
> Too bad he turned out to be a drunk and a wife-beater. I know my sister

so
> I can't imagine how he managed to live after all the abuse he gave her...
>
> Bret

Did he sport a mullet hairstyle and drive a Camaro?

Jack Redneck

jmcquown

Jack Schidt® wrote:
> "Maverick" > wrote in message
>> "Steve Ritter" > wrote in message
>>>
>>> We went to lunch today to an Oriental Seafood restaurant. Saigon
>>> - in Albany.
>>>
>>> Great food. We had froglegs and Dim Sum and so on. My poor friend
>>> came out hungry.
>>>
>>> He said "I'll be damned if I'd it that horrible horrible
>>> disgusting slop they eat around the world!"
>>>
>>> His idea of exotic food is switching to mayonnaise from ketchup
>>> when he has fries. I feel sorry for him. Kind of sad. We had such
>>> a great time with the other guys. But he won't budge. He's
>>> otherwise "normal." Whatever that means

>> I had a brother-in-law like that for a while... He was raised on
>> beef, potatoes and veggies. My family finally managed to get him to
>> try Chinese food. He couldn't get enough of it that night and since
>> then, he's been more open to try other styles of foods.
>>
>> Too bad he turned out to be a drunk and a wife-beater. I know my
>> sister so I can't imagine how he managed to live after all the abuse
>> he gave her...
>>
>> Bret
>>

> Did he sport a mullet hairstyle and drive a Camaro?
>
> Jack Redneck

Nawww.... he had Elvis sideburns, a beer-belly and drove a mustang with
primer for paint.

Jill

jmcquown

Jack Schidt® wrote:
> "Maverick" > wrote in message
>> "Steve Ritter" > wrote in message
>>>
>>> We went to lunch today to an Oriental Seafood restaurant. Saigon
>>> - in Albany.
>>>
>>> Great food. We had froglegs and Dim Sum and so on. My poor friend
>>> came out hungry.
>>>
>>> He said "I'll be damned if I'd it that horrible horrible
>>> disgusting slop they eat around the world!"
>>>
>>> His idea of exotic food is switching to mayonnaise from ketchup
>>> when he has fries. I feel sorry for him. Kind of sad. We had such
>>> a great time with the other guys. But he won't budge. He's
>>> otherwise "normal." Whatever that means

>> I had a brother-in-law like that for a while... He was raised on
>> beef, potatoes and veggies. My family finally managed to get him to
>> try Chinese food. He couldn't get enough of it that night and since
>> then, he's been more open to try other styles of foods.
>>
>> Too bad he turned out to be a drunk and a wife-beater. I know my
>> sister so I can't imagine how he managed to live after all the abuse
>> he gave her...
>>
>> Bret
>>

> Did he sport a mullet hairstyle and drive a Camaro?
>
> Jack Redneck

Nawww.... he had Elvis sideburns, a beer-belly and drove a mustang with
primer for paint.

Jill

Scott

In article >,
Melba's Jammin' > wrote:

> What a pity. I'm always amazed when people think they're going to get
> what *they* consider to be 'home cookin'' when they're halfway 'round
> the world. Hello?

A close friend of mine was born in China, but grew up in the US. He
makes periodic return trips to the village he was born in, staying in a
small house (a hut, really) that he and his brother still own.

He went there a year or two back, and one of the villagers offered to
cook his (the offeror's) dog for dinner. My friend thanked him for his
gracious offer, but declined.

Actually, I think he declined more because of the cost to the villager
than to a aversion to dog.

please mail OT responses only

Scott

In article >,
Melba's Jammin' > wrote:

> What a pity. I'm always amazed when people think they're going to get
> what *they* consider to be 'home cookin'' when they're halfway 'round
> the world. Hello?

A close friend of mine was born in China, but grew up in the US. He
makes periodic return trips to the village he was born in, staying in a
small house (a hut, really) that he and his brother still own.

He went there a year or two back, and one of the villagers offered to
cook his (the offeror's) dog for dinner. My friend thanked him for his
gracious offer, but declined.

Actually, I think he declined more because of the cost to the villager
than to a aversion to dog.

please mail OT responses only
Jack Schidt®

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
. ..
> Jack Schidt® wrote:

> >> I had a brother-in-law like that for a while... He was raised on
> >> beef, potatoes and veggies. My family finally managed to get him to
> >> try Chinese food. He couldn't get enough of it that night and since
> >> then, he's been more open to try other styles of foods.
> >>
> >> Too bad he turned out to be a drunk and a wife-beater. I know my
> >> sister so I can't imagine how he managed to live after all the abuse
> >> he gave her...
> >>
> >> Bret
> >>

> > Did he sport a mullet hairstyle and drive a Camaro?
> >
> > Jack Redneck

> Nawww.... he had Elvis sideburns, a beer-belly and drove a mustang with
> primer for paint.
>
> Jill

Oh, that guy. He was cranking "Achy Breakey Heart" on his 8Track just
yesterday.

Jack Palance

Jack Schidt®

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
. ..
> Jack Schidt® wrote:

> >> I had a brother-in-law like that for a while... He was raised on
> >> beef, potatoes and veggies. My family finally managed to get him to
> >> try Chinese food. He couldn't get enough of it that night and since
> >> then, he's been more open to try other styles of foods.
> >>
> >> Too bad he turned out to be a drunk and a wife-beater. I know my
> >> sister so I can't imagine how he managed to live after all the abuse
> >> he gave her...
> >>
> >> Bret
> >>

> > Did he sport a mullet hairstyle and drive a Camaro?
> >
> > Jack Redneck

> Nawww.... he had Elvis sideburns, a beer-belly and drove a mustang with
> primer for paint.
>
> Jill

Oh, that guy. He was cranking "Achy Breakey Heart" on his 8Track just
yesterday.

Jack Palance

RMiller

http://www.b4-u-eat.com/ethnic/ethnic.asp

>Mary--OK, so I get a little defensive...

I lived in Houston, for 9 1/2 years, I think it is one of the best foodie
toowns in the US, after a stint in NM, I am now back in Texas, near San
Antonio, and wish they had as many great places to eat.

Rosie
RMiller

(Gtwy4cb) wrote:

>>>I'll be damned if I'd it that horrible horrible disgusting slop they eat

>>around the world!"
>>
>>I was on a tour to Taiwan and they served a fabulous dinner, all laid out on

>>big Lazy Susan--there were ten people at the table-- my two friends and I

>and
>>the tour guide were from New York--the rest were Texans--the New Yorkers ate
>>every last piece of food--the Texans ate NONE!!
>>They said they preferred BARBECUE!!

>Don't, for one second, assume that all (or even most) Texans are like
>that. Those from small towns may have limited exposure to ethnic food
>and be hesitant to try it, but those of us who live in major metro
>areas are surrounded by nearly every type of ethnic cuisine that
>exists. Houston, for example, is one of the most ethnically-diverse
>cities in the U.S. and boasts thousands of restaurants offering *many*
>different types of food.
>
>Here's a great guide to ethnic dining in Houston (written by a very
>big afficionado of ethnic food):

http://www.b4-u-eat.com/ethnic/ethnic.asp

>Mary--OK, so I get a little defensive...

I lived in Houston, for 9 1/2 years, I think it is one of the best foodie
toowns in the US, after a stint in NM, I am now back in Texas, near San
Antonio, and wish they had as many great places to eat.

Rosie
SpamTrap

Steve Ritter said:
> We went to lunch today to an Oriental Seafood restaurant. Saigon - in
> Albany.
>
> Great food. We had froglegs and Dim Sum and so on. My poor friend came
> out hungry.
>
> He said "I'll be damned if I'd it that horrible horrible disgusting slop
> they eat around the world!"
>
> His idea of exotic food is switching to mayonnaise from ketchup when he
> has fries. I feel sorry for him. Kind of sad. We had such a great time
> with the other guys. But he won't budge. He's otherwise "normal." Whatever
> that means

So why did he come if he wasn't going to eat? Talk about being a fifth
wheel.

SpamTrap

Steve Ritter said:
> We went to lunch today to an Oriental Seafood restaurant. Saigon - in
> Albany.
>
> Great food. We had froglegs and Dim Sum and so on. My poor friend came
> out hungry.
>
> He said "I'll be damned if I'd it that horrible horrible disgusting slop
> they eat around the world!"
>
> His idea of exotic food is switching to mayonnaise from ketchup when he
> has fries. I feel sorry for him. Kind of sad. We had such a great time
> with the other guys. But he won't budge. He's otherwise "normal." Whatever
> that means

So why did he come if he wasn't going to eat? Talk about being a fifth
wheel.

Puester

BubbaBob wrote:

> Gtwy4cb's description of Texans fits the ones that come to New Mexico
> to ski to a 'T'. They're also generally loud, rude, abusive, stupid
> and wealthy. Their screaming brats need to be recycled for compost.
> They get their food spat on in the kitchen A LOT. Oddly, when I
> travel to Texas I find that the ones that stay there are a great
> improvement over the ones that travel.

A lot of them ski in Colorado also. :-(

gloria p

Puester

BubbaBob wrote:

> Gtwy4cb's description of Texans fits the ones that come to New Mexico
> to ski to a 'T'. They're also generally loud, rude, abusive, stupid
> and wealthy. Their screaming brats need to be recycled for compost.
> They get their food spat on in the kitchen A LOT. Oddly, when I
> travel to Texas I find that the ones that stay there are a great
> improvement over the ones that travel.

A lot of them ski in Colorado also. :-(

gloria p
Sheryl Rosen

in article , jmcquown at
wrote on 3/20/04 12:57 PM:

> Jack Schidt® wrote:

>>> I had a brother-in-law like that for a while... He was raised on
>>> beef, potatoes and veggies. My family finally managed to get him to
>>> try Chinese food. He couldn't get enough of it that night and since
>>> then, he's been more open to try other styles of foods.
>>>
>>> Too bad he turned out to be a drunk and a wife-beater. I know my
>>> sister so I can't imagine how he managed to live after all the abuse
>>> he gave her...
>>>
>>> Bret
>>>

>> Did he sport a mullet hairstyle and drive a Camaro?
>>
>> Jack Redneck

> Nawww.... he had Elvis sideburns, a beer-belly and drove a mustang with
> primer for paint.
>
> Jill

Nooooo that's a Tennessee Redneck.
Connecticut Rednecks are as Jack described.
Don't forget the neon Budweiser sign in the living room KISS blaring from
the stereo!

Sheryl Rosen

in article , jmcquown at
wrote on 3/20/04 12:57 PM:

> Jack Schidt® wrote:

>>> I had a brother-in-law like that for a while... He was raised on
>>> beef, potatoes and veggies. My family finally managed to get him to
>>> try Chinese food. He couldn't get enough of it that night and since
>>> then, he's been more open to try other styles of foods.
>>>
>>> Too bad he turned out to be a drunk and a wife-beater. I know my
>>> sister so I can't imagine how he managed to live after all the abuse
>>> he gave her...
>>>
>>> Bret
>>>

>> Did he sport a mullet hairstyle and drive a Camaro?
>>
>> Jack Redneck

> Nawww.... he had Elvis sideburns, a beer-belly and drove a mustang with
> primer for paint.
>
> Jill

Nooooo that's a Tennessee Redneck.
Connecticut Rednecks are as Jack described.
Don't forget the neon Budweiser sign in the living room KISS blaring from
the stereo!

Terry Pulliam Burd

On Sat, 20 Mar 2004 20:57:44 GMT, Puester >
arranged random neurons, so they looked like this:

>BubbaBob wrote:
>>
>> Gtwy4cb's description of Texans fits the ones that come to New Mexico
>> to ski to a 'T'. They're also generally loud, rude, abusive, stupid
>> and wealthy. Their screaming brats need to be recycled for compost.
>> They get their food spat on in the kitchen A LOT. Oddly, when I
>> travel to Texas I find that the ones that stay there are a great
>> improvement over the ones that travel.

>A lot of them ski in Colorado also. :-(

Don't get me started on Texans who ski in Colorado. Before I moved
from Colorado <sob!> I used to have a season pass to Copper Mountain
and went as often as I could manage. The worst ski accident I ever had
involved a Texas kid who was skiing far too fast for the conditions or
his skill - knocked me half way down the mountain. Skis, poles,
sunglasses - everything went flying. I had a bruise on my butt that I
*swear* you could read the "Rossignol" imprint and a wicked cut on my
chin from my ski tip. Bleeding like hell. The kid's father was talking
to the ski patrol saying that, as I appeared to be the more
experienced skier, I should have gotten out of the kid's way. HellOOO!
The uphill skier has the responsibility to watch for the downhill
skier, since the downhill skier doesn't have eyes in the back of
his/her head! He also didn't think I looked "that badly hurt,"
although I was bleeding like a stuck pig. The ski patrol wanted to
litter me down the mountain, but I was damned if I'd let 'em. After
folks kindly recovered my ski gear, I got myself back down the
mountain. I don't think I drew a sober breath the rest of the day. And
if I ever see a Texan on skis again... ;->

Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd
AAC(F)BV66.0748.CA

"If the soup had been as hot as the claret, if the claret
had been as old as the bird, and if the bird's breasts had
been as full as the waitress', it would have been a very
good dinner." Anonymous.

To reply, remove replace "shcox" with "cox"
Terry Pulliam Burd

On Sat, 20 Mar 2004 20:57:44 GMT, Puester >
arranged random neurons, so they looked like this:

>BubbaBob wrote:
>>
>> Gtwy4cb's description of Texans fits the ones that come to New Mexico
>> to ski to a 'T'. They're also generally loud, rude, abusive, stupid
>> and wealthy. Their screaming brats need to be recycled for compost.
>> They get their food spat on in the kitchen A LOT. Oddly, when I
>> travel to Texas I find that the ones that stay there are a great
>> improvement over the ones that travel.

>A lot of them ski in Colorado also. :-(

Don't get me started on Texans who ski in Colorado. Before I moved
from Colorado <sob!> I used to have a season pass to Copper Mountain
and went as often as I could manage. The worst ski accident I ever had
involved a Texas kid who was skiing far too fast for the conditions or
his skill - knocked me half way down the mountain. Skis, poles,
sunglasses - everything went flying. I had a bruise on my butt that I
*swear* you could read the "Rossignol" imprint and a wicked cut on my
chin from my ski tip. Bleeding like hell. The kid's father was talking
to the ski patrol saying that, as I appeared to be the more
experienced skier, I should have gotten out of the kid's way. HellOOO!
The uphill skier has the responsibility to watch for the downhill
skier, since the downhill skier doesn't have eyes in the back of
his/her head! He also didn't think I looked "that badly hurt,"
although I was bleeding like a stuck pig. The ski patrol wanted to
litter me down the mountain, but I was damned if I'd let 'em. After
folks kindly recovered my ski gear, I got myself back down the
mountain. I don't think I drew a sober breath the rest of the day. And
if I ever see a Texan on skis again... ;->

Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd
AAC(F)BV66.0748.CA

"If the soup had been as hot as the claret, if the claret
had been as old as the bird, and if the bird's breasts had
been as full as the waitress', it would have been a very
good dinner." Anonymous.

To reply, remove replace "shcox" with "cox"

Jeff Bienstadt

Steve Ritter wrote:

> On Sat, 20 Mar 2004 12:52:39 -0800, SpamTrap >
> Interjected.. :
>
>> Steve Ritter said:
>> > We went to lunch today to an Oriental Seafood restaurant. Saigon - in
>> > Albany.
>> >
>> > Great food. We had froglegs and Dim Sum and so on. My poor friend
>> > came
>> > out hungry.
>> >
>> > He said "I'll be damned if I'd it that horrible horrible disgusting
>> > slop
>> > they eat around the world!"
>> >
>> > His idea of exotic food is switching to mayonnaise from ketchup when
>> > he
>> > has fries. I feel sorry for him. Kind of sad. We had such a great time
>> > with the other guys. But he won't budge. He's otherwise "normal."
>> > Whatever that means

>> So why did he come if he wasn't going to eat? Talk about being a fifth
>> wheel.

> He said he thought it was a restaurant, so there would be "FOOD".
>
> Sat there the whole time shaking his head. I threw a frogleg at him.

Waste of a perfectly good frogleg :-)

---jkb

--
"People in stucco houses shouldn't throw quiche."
-- Sonny Crocket

Jeff Bienstadt

Steve Ritter wrote:

> On Sat, 20 Mar 2004 12:52:39 -0800, SpamTrap >
> Interjected.. :
>
>> Steve Ritter said:
>> > We went to lunch today to an Oriental Seafood restaurant. Saigon - in
>> > Albany.
>> >
>> > Great food. We had froglegs and Dim Sum and so on. My poor friend
>> > came
>> > out hungry.
>> >
>> > He said "I'll be damned if I'd it that horrible horrible disgusting
>> > slop
>> > they eat around the world!"
>> >
>> > His idea of exotic food is switching to mayonnaise from ketchup when
>> > he
>> > has fries. I feel sorry for him. Kind of sad. We had such a great time
>> > with the other guys. But he won't budge. He's otherwise "normal."
>> > Whatever that means

>> So why did he come if he wasn't going to eat? Talk about being a fifth
>> wheel.

> He said he thought it was a restaurant, so there would be "FOOD".
>
> Sat there the whole time shaking his head. I threw a frogleg at him.

Waste of a perfectly good frogleg :-)

---jkb

--
"People in stucco houses shouldn't throw quiche."
-- Sonny Crocket

Jack Schidt®

"Sheryl Rosen" > wrote in message

> >> Did he sport a mullet hairstyle and drive a Camaro?
> >>
> >> Jack Redneck

> > Nawww.... he had Elvis sideburns, a beer-belly and drove a mustang with
> > primer for paint.
> >
> > Jill
> >

> Nooooo that's a Tennessee Redneck.
> Connecticut Rednecks are as Jack described.
> Don't forget the neon Budweiser sign in the living room KISS blaring from
> the stereo!

And the shiny naked chick mudflaps...plus the 'united we stand' bumper
sticker along with the quizzical look on driver's face when asked who
exactly is united.

Jack Neck

Jack Schidt®

"Sheryl Rosen" > wrote in message

> >> Did he sport a mullet hairstyle and drive a Camaro?
> >>
> >> Jack Redneck

> > Nawww.... he had Elvis sideburns, a beer-belly and drove a mustang with
> > primer for paint.
> >
> > Jill
> >

> Nooooo that's a Tennessee Redneck.
> Connecticut Rednecks are as Jack described.
> Don't forget the neon Budweiser sign in the living room KISS blaring from
> the stereo!

And the shiny naked chick mudflaps...plus the 'united we stand' bumper
sticker along with the quizzical look on driver's face when asked who
exactly is united.

Jack Neck

Puester

Terry Pulliam Burd wrote:

> On Sat, 20 Mar 2004 20:57:44 GMT, Puester >
> arranged random neurons, so they looked like this:
> >

> >A lot of them ski in Colorado also. :-(
> >

> Don't get me started on Texans who ski in Colorado. Before I moved
> from Colorado <sob!> I used to have a season pass to Copper Mountain

My favorite place!

> and went as often as I could manage. The worst ski accident I ever had
> involved a Texas kid who was skiing far too fast for the conditions or
> his skill - knocked me half way down the mountain. Skis, poles,
> sunglasses - everything went flying. I had a bruise on my butt that I
> *swear* you could read the "Rossignol" imprint and a wicked cut on my
> chin from my ski tip. Bleeding like hell. The kid's father was talking
> to the ski patrol saying that, as I appeared to be the more
> experienced skier, I should have gotten out of the kid's way. HellOOO!
> The uphill skier has the responsibility to watch for the downhill
> skier, since the downhill skier doesn't have eyes in the back of
> his/her head! He also didn't think I looked "that badly hurt,"
> although I was bleeding like a stuck pig. The ski patrol wanted to
> litter me down the mountain, but I was damned if I'd let 'em. After
> folks kindly recovered my ski gear, I got myself back down the
> mountain. I don't think I drew a sober breath the rest of the day. And
> if I ever see a Texan on skis again... ;->
>
> Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd
> AAC(F)BV66.0748.CA

Yup, that about sums up the prevailing attitude. One of them
knocked me down getting off the lift, then went Yahoooo-ing
down the mt. leaving me with a torn lateral meniscus and
months of pain. You were smart not to get littered down
in a meat wagon. They wrap you up like a mummy (face covered)
and take you down HEAD FIRST, hitting every single bump along
the way. If you weren't claustrophobic and bruised when you
began the descent, you would be by the end.

OB food: Has anyone ever had a good meal on a ski mt. other than
the chili?

gloria p

Puester

Terry Pulliam Burd wrote:

> On Sat, 20 Mar 2004 20:57:44 GMT, Puester >
> arranged random neurons, so they looked like this:
> >

> >A lot of them ski in Colorado also. :-(
> >

> Don't get me started on Texans who ski in Colorado. Before I moved
> from Colorado <sob!> I used to have a season pass to Copper Mountain

My favorite place!

> and went as often as I could manage. The worst ski accident I ever had
> involved a Texas kid who was skiing far too fast for the conditions or
> his skill - knocked me half way down the mountain. Skis, poles,
> sunglasses - everything went flying. I had a bruise on my butt that I
> *swear* you could read the "Rossignol" imprint and a wicked cut on my
> chin from my ski tip. Bleeding like hell. The kid's father was talking
> to the ski patrol saying that, as I appeared to be the more
> experienced skier, I should have gotten out of the kid's way. HellOOO!
> The uphill skier has the responsibility to watch for the downhill
> skier, since the downhill skier doesn't have eyes in the back of
> his/her head! He also didn't think I looked "that badly hurt,"
> although I was bleeding like a stuck pig. The ski patrol wanted to
> litter me down the mountain, but I was damned if I'd let 'em. After
> folks kindly recovered my ski gear, I got myself back down the
> mountain. I don't think I drew a sober breath the rest of the day. And
> if I ever see a Texan on skis again... ;->
>
> Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd
> AAC(F)BV66.0748.CA

Yup, that about sums up the prevailing attitude. One of them
knocked me down getting off the lift, then went Yahoooo-ing
down the mt. leaving me with a torn lateral meniscus and
months of pain. You were smart not to get littered down
in a meat wagon. They wrap you up like a mummy (face covered)
and take you down HEAD FIRST, hitting every single bump along
the way. If you weren't claustrophobic and bruised when you
began the descent, you would be by the end.

OB food: Has anyone ever had a good meal on a ski mt. other than
the chili?

gloria p
Maverick

"Jack Schidt®" > wrote in message
. com...

> > > Nawww.... he had Elvis sideburns, a beer-belly and drove a mustang

with
> > > primer for paint.
> > >
> > > Jill
> > >

> > Nooooo that's a Tennessee Redneck.
> > Connecticut Rednecks are as Jack described.
> > Don't forget the neon Budweiser sign in the living room KISS blaring

from
> > the stereo!
> >

> And the shiny naked chick mudflaps...plus the 'united we stand' bumper
> sticker along with the quizzical look on driver's face when asked who
> exactly is united.
>
> Jack Neck

Wow....you all know my ex-brother-in-law?!?!?!? DAMN!

Maverick

"Jack Schidt®" > wrote in message
. com...

> > > Nawww.... he had Elvis sideburns, a beer-belly and drove a mustang

with
> > > primer for paint.
> > >
> > > Jill
> > >

> > Nooooo that's a Tennessee Redneck.
> > Connecticut Rednecks are as Jack described.
> > Don't forget the neon Budweiser sign in the living room KISS blaring

from
> > the stereo!
> >

> And the shiny naked chick mudflaps...plus the 'united we stand' bumper
> sticker along with the quizzical look on driver's face when asked who
> exactly is united.
>
> Jack Neck

Wow....you all know my ex-brother-in-law?!?!?!? DAMN!

MareCat

On Sat, 20 Mar 2004 20:07:59 GMT, BubbaBob
> wrote:

>Gtwy4cb's description of Texans fits the ones that come to New Mexico
>to ski to a 'T'. They're also generally loud, rude, abusive, stupid
>and wealthy. Their screaming brats need to be recycled for compost.

Well, I know only a couple of people who go to NM or CO to ski, and
they're not like that at all. (Note: I'm not saying there aren't
Texans just like you and Gtwy4cb described, just that there are also
many that don't fit the description.)

*Most* people I know here are originally from other states or other
countries. They are intelligent and considerate people with refined
tastes. (Even most of the native Texans I know are like that.)

Mary--just MY observations after living in TX for 13 years
MareCat