Steve Calvin

Default Todays dinner, I must be doin' somethin' right I guess

A friend of mine called last night and said that their Jenn Aire just
crapped. (Boy, there's a surprise) Anyhow, I asked if they'd like to
come today for dinner. I'd already planned on making the mac and
cheese dish that I posted yesterday. (Actually broke down and got the
right mix of cheeses). He said "sure". I'd planned on having ham
steaks with it but we only had two left in the freezer (guess I've
gotta place an order with the butcher). So I asked "what would you
like with it?" He asked his wife and I heard in the background...
"I could really use some of his ribs". So, the WSM's holding 250dF
nicely with 3 racks of ribs. Should be done around 6:00.

I guess the folks at afb taught me well enough to be getting requests. ;-)

--
Steve

Ever wonder about those people who spend $2.00 apiece on those little
bottles of Evian water? Try spelling Evian backwards...
John Bonnett

"Steve Calvin" > wrote in message
-----snippo-----

> I guess the folks at afb taught me well enough to be getting requests. ;-)

Boy, howdy ! After SWMBO 'surprised' me (all the sulking, pouting and
holding my breath until I turned unattractive colors paid off) with a WSM
the clouds parted, sunbeams shone, birds chirped and people at work
began to snap their heads around when I nuke leftovers exclaming 'can I
have some of that ?' Imagine that...me a displaced Yankee in the Heart of
Dixie (47,000 people and only six last names in the county) and folks are
asking me for some 'Q !

John (did the Mac 'n cheese 'n broccoli 'n ham pieces 'n shroomies today)

Steve Calvin

John Bonnett wrote:

> "Steve Calvin" > wrote in message
> -----snippo-----
>

>>I guess the folks at afb taught me well enough to be getting requests. ;-)

> Boy, howdy ! After SWMBO 'surprised' me (all the sulking, pouting and
> holding my breath until I turned unattractive colors paid off) with a WSM
> the clouds parted, sunbeams shone, birds chirped and people at work
> began to snap their heads around when I nuke leftovers exclaming 'can I
> have some of that ?' Imagine that...me a displaced Yankee in the Heart of
> Dixie (47,000 people and only six last names in the county) and folks are
> asking me for some 'Q !
>
> John (did the Mac 'n cheese 'n broccoli 'n ham pieces 'n shroomies today)

Great unit isn't it? Man, for the price you can't go wrong. I'm
getting ready to start in on the mac & cheese shortly.

--
Steve

Ever wonder about those people who spend $2.00 apiece on those little
bottles of Evian water? Try spelling Evian backwards...
John Bonnett

"Steve Calvin" > wrote in message
> John Bonnett wrote:
>
> > "Steve Calvin" > wrote in message
> > -----snippo-----
> >

> >>I guess the folks at afb taught me well enough to be getting requests.

;-)

> > Boy, howdy ! After SWMBO 'surprised' me (all the sulking, pouting and
> > holding my breath until I turned unattractive colors paid off) with a

WSM
> > the clouds parted, sunbeams shone, birds chirped and people at work
> > began to snap their heads around when I nuke leftovers exclaming 'can I
> > have some of that ?' Imagine that...me a displaced Yankee in the Heart

of
> > Dixie (47,000 people and only six last names in the county) and folks

are
> > asking me for some 'Q !
> >
> > John (did the Mac 'n cheese 'n broccoli 'n ham pieces 'n shroomies

today)

> Great unit isn't it? Man, for the price you can't go wrong. I'm
> getting ready to start in on the mac & cheese shortly.
>
> --

It's wondereferous ! Have you bookmarked this site ?

http://www.virtualweberbullet.com/

I'm using mine tonite to grill steaks over charcoal and hickory chunks

John (mmmm...charcoal)

Steve Calvin

John Bonnett wrote:

> It's wondereferous ! Have you bookmarked this site ?
>
> http://www.virtualweberbullet.com/
>
> I'm using mine tonite to grill steaks over charcoal and hickory chunks
>
> John (mmmm...charcoal)

oh yeah John.... a loooong time ago ;-)
And by charcoal, please tell me that you're talking about lump...
Briquettes are nasty.
--
Steve

Ever wonder about those people who spend $2.00 apiece on those little
bottles of Evian water? Try spelling Evian backwards...

Damsel in dis Dress

Steve Calvin >, if that's their real name, wrote:

>A friend of mine called last night and said that their Jenn Aire just
>crapped. (Boy, there's a surprise) Anyhow, I asked if they'd like to
>come today for dinner. I'd already planned on making the mac and
>cheese dish that I posted yesterday. (Actually broke down and got the
>right mix of cheeses). He said "sure". I'd planned on having ham
>steaks with it but we only had two left in the freezer (guess I've
>gotta place an order with the butcher). So I asked "what would you
>like with it?" He asked his wife and I heard in the background...
>"I could really use some of his ribs". So, the WSM's holding 250dF
>nicely with 3 racks of ribs. Should be done around 6:00.
>
>I guess the folks at afb taught me well enough to be getting requests. ;-)

My mouth is hanging open. This isn't the first time I've heard of people
doing this, but damn, invite someone to dinner and then ask them to provide
the food? I'm appalled.

Carol

Dee Randall

"John Bonnett" > wrote in message

> "Steve Calvin" > wrote in message
> -----snippo-----
>
>> I guess the folks at afb taught me well enough to be getting requests.
>> ;-)

> Boy, howdy ! After SWMBO 'surprised' me (all the sulking, pouting and
> holding my breath until I turned unattractive colors paid off) with a WSM
> the clouds parted, sunbeams shone, birds chirped and people at work
> began to snap their heads around when I nuke leftovers exclaming 'can I
> have some of that ?' Imagine that...me a displaced Yankee in the Heart of
> Dixie (47,000 people and only six last names in the county) and folks are
> asking me for some 'Q !
>
> John (did the Mac 'n cheese 'n broccoli 'n ham pieces 'n shroomies today)

Mr. Bonnett, I know of some family names south of the Mason-Dixon line by
the name of Bonnett.
It is a small county and the Bonnett name filled up a part of the county at
one time. Perhaps you are not displaced as one would imagine?
Dee

Wayne Boatwright

On Sun 13 Feb 2005 04:40:57p, Damsel in dis Dress wrote in
rec.food.cooking:

> Steve Calvin >, if that's their real name, wrote:
>
>>A friend of mine called last night and said that their Jenn Aire just
>>crapped. (Boy, there's a surprise) Anyhow, I asked if they'd like to
>>come today for dinner. I'd already planned on making the mac and
>>cheese dish that I posted yesterday. (Actually broke down and got the
>>right mix of cheeses). He said "sure". I'd planned on having ham
>>steaks with it but we only had two left in the freezer (guess I've
>>gotta place an order with the butcher). So I asked "what would you
>>like with it?" He asked his wife and I heard in the background...
>>"I could really use some of his ribs". So, the WSM's holding 250dF
>>nicely with 3 racks of ribs. Should be done around 6:00.
>>
>>I guess the folks at afb taught me well enough to be getting requests.
>>;-)

> My mouth is hanging open. This isn't the first time I've heard of
> people doing this, but damn, invite someone to dinner and then ask them
> to provide the food? I'm appalled.
>
> Carol

Is that what happened, Carol? I didn't read it that way. Seemed like
Steve asked them and they accepted. Steve then asked what they would like
to have and the invited wife said she'd like some of his ribs. Is that
not it? I didn't think the guests were asked to provide anything.

Wayne
Damsel in dis Dress

Wayne Boatwright >, if that's their real name, wrote:

>On Sun 13 Feb 2005 04:40:57p, Damsel in dis Dress wrote in
>rec.food.cooking:
>
>> Steve Calvin >, if that's their real name, wrote:
>>
>>>A friend of mine called last night and said that their Jenn Aire just
>>>crapped. (Boy, there's a surprise) Anyhow, I asked if they'd like to
>>>come today for dinner. I'd already planned on making the mac and
>>>cheese dish that I posted yesterday. (Actually broke down and got the
>>>right mix of cheeses). He said "sure". I'd planned on having ham
>>>steaks with it but we only had two left in the freezer (guess I've
>>>gotta place an order with the butcher). So I asked "what would you
>>>like with it?" He asked his wife and I heard in the background...
>>>"I could really use some of his ribs". So, the WSM's holding 250dF
>>>nicely with 3 racks of ribs. Should be done around 6:00.
>>>
>>>I guess the folks at afb taught me well enough to be getting requests.
>>>;-)

>> My mouth is hanging open. This isn't the first time I've heard of
>> people doing this, but damn, invite someone to dinner and then ask them
>> to provide the food? I'm appalled.
>>
>> Carol

>Is that what happened, Carol? I didn't read it that way. Seemed like
>Steve asked them and they accepted. Steve then asked what they would like
>to have and the invited wife said she'd like some of his ribs. Is that
>not it? I didn't think the guests were asked to provide anything.

OMG! I read that completely wrong! My apologies to Steve and his guests.

Carol, thwacking herself on the head

Damsel in dis Dress

Damsel in dis Dress >, if that's their real name,
wrote:

>My mouth is hanging open. This isn't the first time I've heard of people
>doing this, but damn, invite someone to dinner and then ask them to provide
>the food? I'm appalled.

I mis-read Steve's post. I am humbly sorry for getting all weird about
something that didn't even happen. And embarrassed.

Carol

Steve Calvin

Damsel in dis Dress wrote:

> Steve Calvin >, if that's their real name, wrote:
>

>>A friend of mine called last night and said that their Jenn Aire just
>>crapped. (Boy, there's a surprise) Anyhow, I asked if they'd like to
>>come today for dinner. I'd already planned on making the mac and
>>cheese dish that I posted yesterday. (Actually broke down and got the
>>right mix of cheeses). He said "sure". I'd planned on having ham
>>steaks with it but we only had two left in the freezer (guess I've
>>gotta place an order with the butcher). So I asked "what would you
>>like with it?" He asked his wife and I heard in the background...
>>"I could really use some of his ribs". So, the WSM's holding 250dF
>>nicely with 3 racks of ribs. Should be done around 6:00.
>>
>>I guess the folks at afb taught me well enough to be getting requests. ;-)

> My mouth is hanging open. This isn't the first time I've heard of people
> doing this, but damn, invite someone to dinner and then ask them to provide
> the food? I'm appalled.
>
> Carol

no, no. You don't understand. I asked them but even if I hadn't,
they're like family, actually probably closer than family. We can ask
each other anything, but as I said, I asked them what they'd like.

--
Steve

Ever wonder about those people who spend $2.00 apiece on those little
bottles of Evian water? Try spelling Evian backwards...
Steve Calvin

Wayne Boatwright wrote:

> Is that what happened, Carol? I didn't read it that way. Seemed like
> Steve asked them and they accepted. Steve then asked what they would like
> to have and the invited wife said she'd like some of his ribs. Is that
> not it? I didn't think the guests were asked to provide anything.
>
> Wayne

Right Wayne. They did bring wine though. No way would I ever invite
anyone to my home and ask them to bring anything.

--
Steve

Ever wonder about those people who spend $2.00 apiece on those little
bottles of Evian water? Try spelling Evian backwards...
Steve Calvin

Damsel in dis Dress wrote:

>>Is that what happened, Carol? I didn't read it that way. Seemed like
>>Steve asked them and they accepted. Steve then asked what they would like
>>to have and the invited wife said she'd like some of his ribs. Is that
>>not it? I didn't think the guests were asked to provide anything.

> OMG! I read that completely wrong! My apologies to Steve and his guests.
>
> Carol, thwacking herself on the head

You're forgiven m'lady. I'd never do something like that. I mean, I
may lack fancy social graces but I even know better 'an that. <lol>

--
Steve

Ever wonder about those people who spend $2.00 apiece on those little
bottles of Evian water? Try spelling Evian backwards...
Wayne Boatwright

On Sun 13 Feb 2005 05:37:31p, Damsel in dis Dress wrote in
rec.food.cooking:

> Wayne Boatwright >, if that's their real name, wrote:
>
>>On Sun 13 Feb 2005 04:40:57p, Damsel in dis Dress wrote in
>>rec.food.cooking:
>>
>>> Steve Calvin >, if that's their real name,

>>> My mouth is hanging open. This isn't the first time I've heard of
>>> people doing this, but damn, invite someone to dinner and then ask
>>> them to provide the food? I'm appalled.
>>>
>>> Carol

>>Is that what happened, Carol? I didn't read it that way. Seemed like
>>Steve asked them and they accepted. Steve then asked what they would
>>like to have and the invited wife said she'd like some of his ribs. Is
>>that not it? I didn't think the guests were asked to provide anything.

> OMG! I read that completely wrong! My apologies to Steve and his
> guests.
>
> Carol, thwacking herself on the head

FWIW, Carol, I often misread or misinterpret what was written or said. I
have suffered from hoof in mouth disease on more than one occasion! :-)

Wayne
Damsel in dis Dress

Wayne Boatwright >, if that's their real name, wrote:

>FWIW, Carol, I often misread or misinterpret what was written or said. I
>have suffered from hoof in mouth disease on more than one occasion! :-)

Yeah, but I had just stepped in manure with that hoof.

Carol

Wayne Boatwright

On Sun 13 Feb 2005 07:12:18p, Damsel in dis Dress wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> Wayne Boatwright >, if that's their real name, wrote:
>
>>FWIW, Carol, I often misread or misinterpret what was written or said. I
>>have suffered from hoof in mouth disease on more than one occasion! :-)

> Yeah, but I had just stepped in manure with that hoof.
>
> Carol

I wouldn't give it a second thought. I'm sure no one else did. I only
replied so that you wouldn't think "ill" of Steve.

Wayne
Steve Calvin

Damsel in dis Dress wrote:

>>I wouldn't give it a second thought. I'm sure no one else did. I only
>>replied so that you wouldn't think "ill" of Steve.

> I still think he's ill. He's one sick *******.
>
> Carol

You know it sweetie! :-) Wanna see sick? Check your mail. <lol>

--
Steve

Ever wonder about those people who spend $2.00 apiece on those little
bottles of Evian water? Try spelling Evian backwards...
Damsel in dis Dress

Steve Calvin >, if that's their real name, wrote:

>Damsel in dis Dress wrote:
>
>>>I wouldn't give it a second thought. I'm sure no one else did. I only
>>>replied so that you wouldn't think "ill" of Steve.

>> I still think he's ill. He's one sick *******.

>You know it sweetie! :-) Wanna see sick? Check your mail. <lol>

I am AGHAST! That's so bizarre! Crash wants to try it for Valentine's
Day. You sick, sick, man ...

Carol, shaking her head