Wayne Boatwright

On Wed 09 Feb 2005 08:11:09p, Dog3 wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> Gawd, did you visit any of the festivals? The tomato festival in
> Reynoldsburg was interesting. I met David Selby (Dark
> Shadows/Falconcrest fame) at the festival. My friend, Alissa
> Schottenstein and I went and she is friends with the Selby's. The Selbys
> were in Colombus to buy a horse from a famous horse farm in Colombus.
> Can't recall the name of it. The wife complained numerous times there
> was no SAKs in Columbus. Well, Lazarus was where I shopped. Still have
> my credit card and get a catalog now and then.
>
> 'Thanks for the memories'
>
> Michael

I 'member all that, too. Living in the Cleveland area, we often went down to
Columbus for something different than Cleveland offered. Probably before
your time there, but there used to be a Marzetti's (of the bottled salad
dressing "fame") Restaurant downtown. The Marzetti family had run it for
years. It wasn't far from Lazrus' downtown store. Their food was actually
rather good and predominantly Italian, although the place had the feeling of
a "tea room" where ladies lunch. :-)

Wayne
Vox Humana

"Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message
> On Wed 09 Feb 2005 08:11:09p, Dog3 wrote in rec.food.cooking:
>

> > Gawd, did you visit any of the festivals? The tomato festival in
> > Reynoldsburg was interesting. I met David Selby (Dark
> > Shadows/Falconcrest fame) at the festival. My friend, Alissa
> > Schottenstein and I went and she is friends with the Selby's. The Selbys
> > were in Colombus to buy a horse from a famous horse farm in Colombus.
> > Can't recall the name of it. The wife complained numerous times there
> > was no SAKs in Columbus. Well, Lazarus was where I shopped. Still have
> > my credit card and get a catalog now and then.
> >
> > 'Thanks for the memories'
> >
> > Michael

> I 'member all that, too. Living in the Cleveland area, we often went down

> Columbus for something different than Cleveland offered. Probably before
> your time there, but there used to be a Marzetti's (of the bottled salad
> dressing "fame") Restaurant downtown. The Marzetti family had run it for
> years. It wasn't far from Lazrus' downtown store. Their food was

actually
> rather good and predominantly Italian, although the place had the feeling

of
> a "tea room" where ladies lunch. :-)

Marzetti's was on East Broad street, near the corner of Broad and High -
across the street from the capitol. It closed in the mid 70s. Do you
remember the Christopher Inn, just down Broad? It was the white, circular
hotel owned by the Catholic Church and later by the State Teacher's
Retirement Fund.

Wayne Boatwright

On Wed 09 Feb 2005 09:21:56p, Vox Humana wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> "Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message
>> On Wed 09 Feb 2005 08:11:09p, Dog3 wrote in rec.food.cooking:
>>

>> > Gawd, did you visit any of the festivals? The tomato festival in
>> > Reynoldsburg was interesting. I met David Selby (Dark
>> > Shadows/Falconcrest fame) at the festival. My friend, Alissa
>> > Schottenstein and I went and she is friends with the Selby's. The
>> > Selbys were in Colombus to buy a horse from a famous horse farm in
>> > Colombus. Can't recall the name of it. The wife complained numerous
>> > times there was no SAKs in Columbus. Well, Lazarus was where I
>> > shopped. Still have my credit card and get a catalog now and then.
>> >
>> > 'Thanks for the memories'
>> >
>> > Michael

>> I 'member all that, too. Living in the Cleveland area, we often went
>> down to Columbus for something different than Cleveland offered.
>> Probably before your time there, but there used to be a Marzetti's (of
>> the bottled salad dressing "fame") Restaurant downtown. The Marzetti
>> family had run it for years. It wasn't far from Lazrus' downtown
>> store. Their food was actually rather good and predominantly Italian,
>> although the place had the feeling of a "tea room" where ladies lunch.
>> :-)

> Marzetti's was on East Broad street, near the corner of Broad and High -
> across the street from the capitol. It closed in the mid 70s. Do you
> remember the Christopher Inn, just down Broad? It was the white,
> circular hotel owned by the Catholic Church and later by the State
> Teacher's Retirement Fund.

Yes, I remember it well, although I never actually went there, but passed
it many times.

Wayne