Donna Rose

Default Substitute for Kaffir Lime Leaves?

Does anyone know what I can substitute for Kaffir lime leaves? I found a
recipe for an interesting Kaffir Lime Aioli and I'd love to make it but I
don't have a source for the leaves. Do they taste like limes? Will lime
zest work in a pinch?
--
Donna
A pessimist believes all women are bad. An optimist hopes they are.
Pete Romfh

Donna Rose wrote:
> Does anyone know what I can substitute for Kaffir lime
> leaves? I found a recipe for an interesting Kaffir Lime
> Aioli and I'd love to make it but I don't have a source
> for the leaves. Do they taste like limes? Will lime
> zest work in a pinch?

Donna;
I'll swap you some leaves for the recipe. I've got a Kaffir Lime tree in the
yard.
Contact me off the group and I'll get your addy.

--
Pete Romfh, Telecom Geek & Amateur Gourmet.
promfh at Texas dot net

Pete Romfh

Donna Rose wrote:
> Does anyone know what I can substitute for Kaffir lime
> leaves? I found a recipe for an interesting Kaffir Lime
> Aioli and I'd love to make it but I don't have a source
> for the leaves. Do they taste like limes? Will lime
> zest work in a pinch?

Donna;
I'll swap you some leaves for the recipe. I've got a Kaffir Lime tree in the
yard.
Contact me off the group and I'll get your addy.

--
Pete Romfh, Telecom Geek & Amateur Gourmet.
promfh at Texas dot net

projectile vomit chick

"Steve Wertz" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 15 Mar 2004 01:31:16 GMT, Donna Rose
> > wrote:
>
> >Does anyone know what I can substitute for Kaffir lime leaves? I found a
> >recipe for an interesting Kaffir Lime Aioli and I'd love to make it but I
> >don't have a source for the leaves. Do they taste like limes? Will lime
> >zest work in a pinch?

> There's really no substitute. You could use lime zest, that's
> what most books say, but I don't agree. Kaffir imparts more of an
> aroma (also essential to overall flavor) than a specific taste.
>
> -sw

Jesus ****in' Christ, just how many hours of the day do you spend on here?
One is hard pressed to find a single thread without your input....sheesh.
And I thought Jill McQuown needed to get a life.....

projectile vomit chick

"Steve Wertz" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 15 Mar 2004 01:31:16 GMT, Donna Rose
> > wrote:
>
> >Does anyone know what I can substitute for Kaffir lime leaves? I found a
> >recipe for an interesting Kaffir Lime Aioli and I'd love to make it but I
> >don't have a source for the leaves. Do they taste like limes? Will lime
> >zest work in a pinch?

> There's really no substitute. You could use lime zest, that's
> what most books say, but I don't agree. Kaffir imparts more of an
> aroma (also essential to overall flavor) than a specific taste.
>
> -sw

Jesus ****in' Christ, just how many hours of the day do you spend on here?
One is hard pressed to find a single thread without your input....sheesh.
And I thought Jill McQuown needed to get a life.....

Katra

In article k.net>,
"projectile vomit chick" >
wrote:

> "Steve Wertz" > wrote in message
> > On Mon, 15 Mar 2004 01:31:16 GMT, Donna Rose
> > > wrote:
> >
> > >Does anyone know what I can substitute for Kaffir lime leaves? I found a
> > >recipe for an interesting Kaffir Lime Aioli and I'd love to make it but I
> > >don't have a source for the leaves. Do they taste like limes? Will lime
> > >zest work in a pinch?

> > There's really no substitute. You could use lime zest, that's
> > what most books say, but I don't agree. Kaffir imparts more of an
> > aroma (also essential to overall flavor) than a specific taste.
> >
> > -sw
> >

> Jesus ****in' Christ, just how many hours of the day do you spend on here?
> One is hard pressed to find a single thread without your input....sheesh.
> And I thought Jill McQuown needed to get a life.....

And how many lists do _you_ post to ms. reality? :-)
Thought I left you behind at rec.drugs.psychedelics...

K.

--
Sprout the Mung Bean to reply...

Katra

In article k.net>,
"projectile vomit chick" >
wrote:

> "Steve Wertz" > wrote in message
> > On Mon, 15 Mar 2004 01:31:16 GMT, Donna Rose
> > > wrote:
> >
> > >Does anyone know what I can substitute for Kaffir lime leaves? I found a
> > >recipe for an interesting Kaffir Lime Aioli and I'd love to make it but I
> > >don't have a source for the leaves. Do they taste like limes? Will lime
> > >zest work in a pinch?

> > There's really no substitute. You could use lime zest, that's
> > what most books say, but I don't agree. Kaffir imparts more of an
> > aroma (also essential to overall flavor) than a specific taste.
> >
> > -sw
> >

> Jesus ****in' Christ, just how many hours of the day do you spend on here?
> One is hard pressed to find a single thread without your input....sheesh.
> And I thought Jill McQuown needed to get a life.....

And how many lists do _you_ post to ms. reality? :-)
Thought I left you behind at rec.drugs.psychedelics...

K.

--
Sprout the Mung Bean to reply...

Levelwave©

projectile vomit chick wrote:

> Jesus ****in' Christ, just how many hours of the day do you spend on here?
> One is hard pressed to find a single thread without your input....sheesh.
> And I thought Jill McQuown needed to get a life.....

It's like the snotty kid in Sunday School who tells on those who do not
close their eyes during the prayer.

~john
Levelwave©

projectile vomit chick wrote:

> Jesus ****in' Christ, just how many hours of the day do you spend on here?
> One is hard pressed to find a single thread without your input....sheesh.
> And I thought Jill McQuown needed to get a life.....

It's like the snotty kid in Sunday School who tells on those who do not
close their eyes during the prayer.

~john
Rick & Cyndi

"Katra" <

<snip>

: >
:
: And how many lists do _you_ post to ms. reality? :-)
: Thought I left you behind at rec.drugs.psychedelics...
:
: K.

Katra, you'll probably just need to killfile (block) vomit
chick... her (?) posts are a total waste of bandwidth. Shoot,
unless somebody else's posts includes her vulgar statements... I
don't see them and I don't miss them!

--
Cyndi
<Remove a "b" to reply>