GregoryD

Default Vietnamese recipes?

For the past two years, I've lived in the Dallas/Fort Worth area. In
Arlington, there's a restaurant called Le's Fire Pot that has a bunch of
Vietnamese food as well as a fire pot/hot pot. I used to make a weekly
trip there on Saturday, load up on food, and then go home to watch the
football games, stuffed for the day. I've moved to New Orleans recently
and am fiending for this stuff (I'm a local, so the local food doesn't
exactly overwhelm me, even if it is good).

I miss a few things over there, and I'm wondering if anyone can help me
out here. Specifically, the following:

(a) curry chicken with potatoes
(b) vietnamese meatballs (for pho or hot pot... pretty sure they bought
these because they came in beef and either chicken or turkey)
(c) spring rolls (seemed to be rice paper, not fried.. with a blade of
grass that tasted like lemon... not sure what that was, though).
(d) vietnamese sausage.. the spring rolls usually had either sausage or
shrimp in them.

Also, what cut of beef do these restaurants usually slice for shabu shabu
or hot pot? And lastly, there was a sweet, dark sauce along with the fish
sauce and the chili sauce.. wasn't teriyaki, though. Any ideas?

GregoryD

vietnamese pho kauai Asian Cooking 2 28-05-2008 09:38 PM
Vietnamese anyone? Peter Huebner General Cooking 6 12-11-2005 01:20 AM
Vietnamese Tea Scott Dorsey Tea 11 14-06-2005 06:23 AM
Instruction for Vietnamese iced coffee with Vietnamese ground coffee (Cafe Sua Da) coffeelover General Cooking 5 08-06-2005 03:30 AM
Vietnamese recipes? GregoryD General Cooking 22 23-01-2005 10:21 PM