Llanite

Default "The Passion of the Christ"

>There's no way to get historical accuracy for this story. Remember, the
>*only* accounts of the crucifixion - and of Jesus's entire life in fact -
>were written well after the fact and underwent lots of editing, with both
>writing and editing done by people who were trying to promote a religion.

Promote?

I love those who understand what was in the minds of others
who lived 2K years ago. Can we now expect comments on the intent
of the Council of Nicea? Comments on the Nicene Creed? About
Aristotle? The Noumenon?

Inquiring Minds want to know.....

A-

OBFOod: Vinegar, like beer, was made locally. Making your
own malt vinegar from beer is a very easy thing. I use
Lagunitas Ale (Blue Dog), and had it on beer batter cod
the other night, with home fries. To Die For!.

Do this thing!

A-
PENMART01

>>There's no way to get historical accuracy for this story. Remember, the
>>*only* accounts of the crucifixion - and of Jesus's entire life in fact -
>>were written well after the fact and underwent lots of editing, with both
>>writing and editing done by people who were trying to promote a religion.

>Promote?
>
>I love those who understand what was in the minds of others
>who lived 2K years ago. Can we now expect comments on the intent
>of the Council of Nicea? Comments on the Nicene Creed? About
>Aristotle? The Noumenon?
>
>Inquiring Minds want to know.....
>
>A-

Well, sure... it's a porno flick... recognized many moons ago, when a rather
astute 14 year old boy who realized he had god in his hand, three-four times a
day god would rise, spew his blood, and die an exquisitely pleasurable death.
Each time the boy would mutter "Geeze!" So you see, Jesus is a penis.
Naturally each time the boy's penis did it's deed the young women would cry out
"Oh God, Oh God, Oh God!"

Then many centurys later some Holy Woodie wise asses began writing this all
down and the rest is history.

So yoose see, for all anyone knows Jesus coulda been a ****ing prick... but fer
sure he's wet dream.

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
Sheldon
````````````

WardNA

>Gibson brought this event into our collective
>face, taking us back to the same time and
>languages.

Same languages? Who in Jerusalem at that time spoke Latin?

Gibson has given us nothing more than a medieval Passion Play, with a very
traditional interpretation, and no particular scriptural integrity, brought up
to date with hollywoody shrekflik taste.

Neil
Stephen Geddes

> > Gibson has given us nothing more than a medieval Passion Play, with a
> > very traditional interpretation, and no particular scriptural
> > integrity, brought up to date with hollywoody shrekflik taste.

I like this News story on the Passion:

THE GENUINE & COMPLETELY BIBLICAL PASSION

AUCKLAND - In a surprising development, Mel Gibson's film The Passion
has been condemned by Pastor Brian Tamariki of Density Church, who has
banned his congregation from viewing the film.

Unlike many other critics of the film, it is not the violence
contained in the film nor the charges of anti-Semitism that Pastor
Brian is objecting to.

"The movie just isn't accurate enough," denounced Pastor Brian, who
claims to have noted down some 147 discrepancies from the Bible, while
watching the film at a local theatre....
[ continued at http://www.densitychurch.org/thepassion.html ]

Michel Boucher

Rodney Myrvaagnes > wrote in
:

> Can we now expect:
>
> SKIN: The Wat Tyler Story
>
> and maybe
>
> BARBECUE: The Joan of Arc story

As told by her confidante and lifelong companion, God?

--

Il faudrait que tout le monde réclame
Auprès des autorités

Carla Bruni, «Tout le monde»

ZOO passion Phate General Cooking 0 30-01-2008 05:05 PM
A Passion for Food and A Passion for Small Paintings Lindaart General Cooking 0 25-04-2007 03:21 AM
cooking is passion [email protected] General Cooking 0 16-02-2007 04:22 PM
SATANIC IGNORAMUSES, THE CHRIST, BLASPHEMY, AND YOU: INTERNET TERRORISTS EXPOSED!! was GOVERNMENT=SATAN, RAYMOND RONALD KARCZEWSKI©=CHRIST: ANY QUESTIONS? Raymond Karczewski General Cooking 1 25-06-2006 10:48 PM