jmcquown

Default Penzey's Shopping List

This is a rather broad question, obviously, but what would you buy if you
had $20 to spend at Penzey's?

I've been going through my herbs and spices trying to make a list. I have
plenty of tarragon, both fresh and dried, and plenty of basil (fresh &
dried). Bay leaves I have. Could use some marjoram or oregano, I guess.
And peppercorns for my grinder - I should probably buy a small bag, maybe
the Tellicherry.

I definitely need some more Parisien Bonnes Herbs - I adore that stuff! I
use it in egg dishes and soups. I already have a number of the Penzey's
salt-free seasoning blends (Adobo, Singapore, Florida pepper) and curry
powder and 5 spice powder too.

Since I love soup I was thinking maybe one or two of their soup bases.
Anyone have an opinion on these? Are they too salty?

FWIW, I eat a lot of fish, shellfish and pork and just about any cooked
green veggie or squash you can name. I'm not a baker or a sweets lover so
I'd pass on most 'sweet' spices like cinnamon or cocoa blends.

So, if you had $20 and were turned loose in Penzey's, what would you buy?

Jill

Hahabogus

"jmcquown" > wrote in
news
> This is a rather broad question, obviously, but what would you buy
> if you had $20 to spend at Penzey's?
>
> I've been going through my herbs and spices trying to make a list.
> I have plenty of tarragon, both fresh and dried, and plenty of basil
> (fresh & dried). Bay leaves I have. Could use some marjoram or
> oregano, I guess. And peppercorns for my grinder - I should probably
> buy a small bag, maybe the Tellicherry.
>
> I definitely need some more Parisien Bonnes Herbs - I adore that
> stuff! I use it in egg dishes and soups. I already have a number
> of the Penzey's salt-free seasoning blends (Adobo, Singapore,
> Florida pepper) and curry powder and 5 spice powder too.
>
> Since I love soup I was thinking maybe one or two of their soup
> bases. Anyone have an opinion on these? Are they too salty?
>
> FWIW, I eat a lot of fish, shellfish and pork and just about any
> cooked green veggie or squash you can name. I'm not a baker or a
> sweets lover so I'd pass on most 'sweet' spices like cinnamon or
> cocoa blends.
>
> So, if you had $20 and were turned loose in Penzey's, what would you
> buy?
>
> Jill

Ozark blend and trinadad blend are both nice on pork. The ozark is about
15 spices, the trinadad is a garlic lemon mix.

--
Starchless in Manitoba.
Type 2 Diabetic 1AC 5.6mmol or 101mg/dl
Hahabogus

"jmcquown" > wrote in
news
> This is a rather broad question, obviously, but what would you buy
> if you had $20 to spend at Penzey's?
>
> I've been going through my herbs and spices trying to make a list.
> I have plenty of tarragon, both fresh and dried, and plenty of basil
> (fresh & dried). Bay leaves I have. Could use some marjoram or
> oregano, I guess. And peppercorns for my grinder - I should probably
> buy a small bag, maybe the Tellicherry.
>
> I definitely need some more Parisien Bonnes Herbs - I adore that
> stuff! I use it in egg dishes and soups. I already have a number
> of the Penzey's salt-free seasoning blends (Adobo, Singapore,
> Florida pepper) and curry powder and 5 spice powder too.
>
> Since I love soup I was thinking maybe one or two of their soup
> bases. Anyone have an opinion on these? Are they too salty?
>
> FWIW, I eat a lot of fish, shellfish and pork and just about any
> cooked green veggie or squash you can name. I'm not a baker or a
> sweets lover so I'd pass on most 'sweet' spices like cinnamon or
> cocoa blends.
>
> So, if you had $20 and were turned loose in Penzey's, what would you
> buy?
>
> Jill

Ozark blend and trinadad blend are both nice on pork. The ozark is about
15 spices, the trinadad is a garlic lemon mix.

--
Starchless in Manitoba.
Type 2 Diabetic 1AC 5.6mmol or 101mg/dl
Rick & Cyndi

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
news
> This is a rather broad question, obviously, but what would you buy if you
> had $20 to spend at Penzey's?
>
> I've been going through my herbs and spices trying to make a list. I have
> plenty of tarragon, both fresh and dried, and plenty of basil (fresh &
> dried). Bay leaves I have. Could use some marjoram or oregano, I guess.
> And peppercorns for my grinder - I should probably buy a small bag, maybe
> the Tellicherry.
>
> I definitely need some more Parisien Bonnes Herbs - I adore that stuff! I
> use it in egg dishes and soups. I already have a number of the Penzey's
> salt-free seasoning blends (Adobo, Singapore, Florida pepper) and curry
> powder and 5 spice powder too.
>
> Since I love soup I was thinking maybe one or two of their soup bases.
> Anyone have an opinion on these? Are they too salty?
>
> FWIW, I eat a lot of fish, shellfish and pork and just about any cooked
> green veggie or squash you can name. I'm not a baker or a sweets lover so
> I'd pass on most 'sweet' spices like cinnamon or cocoa blends.
>
> So, if you had $20 and were turned loose in Penzey's, what would you buy?
>
> Jill
> ====================

Black Sarawak peppercorns - DEFINITELY!! They rock! Their horseradish
powder is nice too. I use a little bit of it in my artichoke dip. Do you
use the Northwoods seasoning? Nathan and I have been known to literally eat
that out of our hands!

Most of the other blends I get from there are things that you already use
(Sunny Paris, French basil...). Ummm, what about the Brady Street Cheese
blend? It piques the flavor in most cheesy dishes...

Cyndi

Rick & Cyndi

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
news
> This is a rather broad question, obviously, but what would you buy if you
> had $20 to spend at Penzey's?
>
> I've been going through my herbs and spices trying to make a list. I have
> plenty of tarragon, both fresh and dried, and plenty of basil (fresh &
> dried). Bay leaves I have. Could use some marjoram or oregano, I guess.
> And peppercorns for my grinder - I should probably buy a small bag, maybe
> the Tellicherry.
>
> I definitely need some more Parisien Bonnes Herbs - I adore that stuff! I
> use it in egg dishes and soups. I already have a number of the Penzey's
> salt-free seasoning blends (Adobo, Singapore, Florida pepper) and curry
> powder and 5 spice powder too.
>
> Since I love soup I was thinking maybe one or two of their soup bases.
> Anyone have an opinion on these? Are they too salty?
>
> FWIW, I eat a lot of fish, shellfish and pork and just about any cooked
> green veggie or squash you can name. I'm not a baker or a sweets lover so
> I'd pass on most 'sweet' spices like cinnamon or cocoa blends.
>
> So, if you had $20 and were turned loose in Penzey's, what would you buy?
>
> Jill
> ====================

Black Sarawak peppercorns - DEFINITELY!! They rock! Their horseradish
powder is nice too. I use a little bit of it in my artichoke dip. Do you
use the Northwoods seasoning? Nathan and I have been known to literally eat
that out of our hands!

Most of the other blends I get from there are things that you already use
(Sunny Paris, French basil...). Ummm, what about the Brady Street Cheese
blend? It piques the flavor in most cheesy dishes...

Cyndi

Rick & Cyndi

"Hahabogus" > wrote in message
> "jmcquown" > wrote in
> news >
>> This is a rather broad question, obviously, but what would you buy
>> if you had $20 to spend at Penzey's?

<snip>

>> So, if you had $20 and were turned loose in Penzey's, what would you
>> buy?
>>
>> Jill
>>

> Ozark blend and trinadad blend are both nice on pork. The ozark is about
> 15 spices, the trinadad is a garlic lemon mix.
>
> --
> Starchless in Manitoba.

============

Oh yeah. Ozark is great. I put that in my Onion soup and in my turkey
brine.

Cyndi

Rick & Cyndi

============

Oh yeah. Ozark is great. I put that in my Onion soup and in my turkey
brine.

Cyndi

Melba's Jammin'

In article >, "jmcquown"
> wrote:

> This is a rather broad question, obviously, but what would you buy if you
> had $20 to spend at Penzey's?

> So, if you had $20 and were turned loose in Penzey's, what would you buy?
>
> Jill

Me, I'd buy what I needed and maybe one little thing of something I was
curious about.
You said you need: Marjoram ($1.69 min), oregano ($2.09), peppercorns
($4), Pariesien Bonnes Herbes ($2.29 min.), and were curious about two
soup bases (that would put you over $20).
--
-Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> Updated 11-29-04; Sam I Am!
birthday telling; Thanksgiving 2004; Fanfare, Maestro, please.
Melba's Jammin'

In article >, "jmcquown"
> wrote:

> This is a rather broad question, obviously, but what would you buy if you
> had $20 to spend at Penzey's?

> So, if you had $20 and were turned loose in Penzey's, what would you buy?
>
> Jill

Me, I'd buy what I needed and maybe one little thing of something I was
curious about.
You said you need: Marjoram ($1.69 min), oregano ($2.09), peppercorns
($4), Pariesien Bonnes Herbes ($2.29 min.), and were curious about two
soup bases (that would put you over $20).
--
-Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> Updated 11-29-04; Sam I Am!
birthday telling; Thanksgiving 2004; Fanfare, Maestro, please.
"Are we going to measure or are we going to cook?" -Food writer
Mimi Sheraton

I also have a $20 Gift cert to Penzey's, which I haven't been able to
get to yet. I suspect mine came from the same person Jill's did. (Thank
you, you know who you are!) ;-)

My plan is to buy the stuff I need, which is, right now, Ozark (awesome
on chicken and pork) and Sunny Paris. I just went there around
Thanksgiving and picked up what I was actually out of (or nearly so).
Don't need much right now, so I might just get larger quantities of
those two and leave it at that.
I use those two a lot, so it's really a worthwhile investment! They
are among the pricier items in the Penzey's catalog, so the bigger
quantities will really be a treat/splurge! Won't have to buy them for
awhile!!!

In fact, I'm eating chicken and dumplings seasoned heavily with Ozark
Blend right now...

If I needed vanilla extract, I would get that, also. I have plenty
though.

FYI, I tried their soup bases several years ago and they were too salty
for my taste. YMMV, of course.
Sheryl

Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> In article >, "jmcquown"

> > wrote:
>
> > This is a rather broad question, obviously, but what would you buy

if you
> > had $20 to spend at Penzey's?

> > So, if you had $20 and were turned loose in Penzey's, what would

you buy?

> > Jill

> Me, I'd buy what I needed and maybe one little thing of something I

was
> curious about.
> You said you need: Marjoram ($1.69 min), oregano ($2.09), peppercorns

> ($4), Pariesien Bonnes Herbes ($2.29 min.), and were curious about

two
> soup bases (that would put you over $20).
> --
> -Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> Updated 11-29-04; Sam I Am!
> birthday telling; Thanksgiving 2004; Fanfare, Maestro, please.
> "Are we going to measure or are we going to cook?" -Food writer
> Mimi Sheraton

Hahabogus

wrote in
ps.com:

> I also have a $20 Gift cert to Penzey's, which I haven't been able to
> get to yet. I suspect mine came from the same person Jill's did. (Thank
> you, you know who you are!) ;-)
>
> My plan is to buy the stuff I need, which is, right now, Ozark (awesome
> on chicken and pork) and Sunny Paris. I just went there around
> Thanksgiving and picked up what I was actually out of (or nearly so).
> Don't need much right now, so I might just get larger quantities of
> those two and leave it at that.
> I use those two a lot, so it's really a worthwhile investment! They
> are among the pricier items in the Penzey's catalog, so the bigger
> quantities will really be a treat/splurge! Won't have to buy them for
> awhile!!!
>
> In fact, I'm eating chicken and dumplings seasoned heavily with Ozark
> Blend right now...
>
> If I needed vanilla extract, I would get that, also. I have plenty
> though.
>
> FYI, I tried their soup bases several years ago and they were too salty
> for my taste. YMMV, of course.
> Sheryl
>

> Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> > In article >, "jmcquown"

> > > wrote:
> >
> > > This is a rather broad question, obviously, but what would you buy

> if you
> > > had $20 to spend at Penzey's?

> > > So, if you had $20 and were turned loose in Penzey's, what would

> you buy?
> > >
> > > Jill

> > Me, I'd buy what I needed and maybe one little thing of something I

> was
> > curious about.
> > You said you need: Marjoram ($1.69 min), oregano ($2.09), peppercorns

> > ($4), Pariesien Bonnes Herbes ($2.29 min.), and were curious about

> two
> > soup bases (that would put you over $20).
> > --
> > -Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> Updated 11-29-04; Sam I Am!
> > birthday telling; Thanksgiving 2004; Fanfare, Maestro, please.
> > "Are we going to measure or are we going to cook?" -Food writer
> > Mimi Sheraton

Readibase.com has better soup bases. I've tried both.
--
Starchless in Manitoba.
Type 2 Diabetic 1AC 5.6mmol or 101mg/dl
Hahabogus

wrote in
ps.com:

> I also have a $20 Gift cert to Penzey's, which I haven't been able to
> get to yet. I suspect mine came from the same person Jill's did. (Thank
> you, you know who you are!) ;-)
>
> My plan is to buy the stuff I need, which is, right now, Ozark (awesome
> on chicken and pork) and Sunny Paris. I just went there around
> Thanksgiving and picked up what I was actually out of (or nearly so).
> Don't need much right now, so I might just get larger quantities of
> those two and leave it at that.
> I use those two a lot, so it's really a worthwhile investment! They
> are among the pricier items in the Penzey's catalog, so the bigger
> quantities will really be a treat/splurge! Won't have to buy them for
> awhile!!!
>
> In fact, I'm eating chicken and dumplings seasoned heavily with Ozark
> Blend right now...
>
> If I needed vanilla extract, I would get that, also. I have plenty
> though.
>
> FYI, I tried their soup bases several years ago and they were too salty
> for my taste. YMMV, of course.
> Sheryl
>

> Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> > In article >, "jmcquown"

> > > wrote:
> >
> > > This is a rather broad question, obviously, but what would you buy

> if you
> > > had $20 to spend at Penzey's?

> > > So, if you had $20 and were turned loose in Penzey's, what would

> you buy?
> > >
> > > Jill

> > Me, I'd buy what I needed and maybe one little thing of something I

> was
> > curious about.
> > You said you need: Marjoram ($1.69 min), oregano ($2.09), peppercorns

> > ($4), Pariesien Bonnes Herbes ($2.29 min.), and were curious about

> two
> > soup bases (that would put you over $20).
> > --
> > -Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> Updated 11-29-04; Sam I Am!
> > birthday telling; Thanksgiving 2004; Fanfare, Maestro, please.
> > "Are we going to measure or are we going to cook?" -Food writer
> > Mimi Sheraton

Readibase.com has better soup bases. I've tried both.
--
Starchless in Manitoba.
Type 2 Diabetic 1AC 5.6mmol or 101mg/dl
Damsel in dis Dress

On Mon, 3 Jan 2005 05:21:57 -0600, "jmcquown" >
wrote:

>So, if you had $20 and were turned loose in Penzey's, what would you buy?

1/3 bottle of vanilla? <G>

Chipotle powder
Thyme Leaves
Trinidad Lemon-Garlic Marinade
Florida Seasoned Pepper (lemon pepper and then some)
Sweet Curry Powder (makes kick-ass deviled eggs)

Carol

Damsel in dis Dress

wrote:

>So, if you had $20 and were turned loose in Penzey's, what would you buy?

1/3 bottle of vanilla? <G>

Chipotle powder
Thyme Leaves
Trinidad Lemon-Garlic Marinade
Florida Seasoned Pepper (lemon pepper and then some)
Sweet Curry Powder (makes kick-ass deviled eggs)

Carol

jmcquown

Damsel in dis Dress wrote:
> On Mon, 3 Jan 2005 05:21:57 -0600, "jmcquown" >
> wrote:
>
>> So, if you had $20 and were turned loose in Penzey's, what would you
>> buy?

> 1/3 bottle of vanilla? <G>

Can you believe I gave away 2 whole vanilla bean pods years ago? I had no
idea how expensive the darned things were - they were given to me as a joke
by my friends Dave & Karen. Vanilla extract I have and barely ever use.

> Chipotle powder

There's a thought!

> Thyme Leaves

Yep, I think I could use some thyme.

> Trinidad Lemon-Garlic Marinade
> Florida Seasoned Pepper (lemon pepper and then some)

Already have some.

> Sweet Curry Powder (makes kick-ass deviled eggs)
>
> Carol

jmcquown

Damsel in dis Dress wrote:
> On Mon, 3 Jan 2005 05:21:57 -0600, "jmcquown" >
> wrote:
>
>> So, if you had $20 and were turned loose in Penzey's, what would you
>> buy?

> 1/3 bottle of vanilla? <G>

Can you believe I gave away 2 whole vanilla bean pods years ago? I had no
idea how expensive the darned things were - they were given to me as a joke
by my friends Dave & Karen. Vanilla extract I have and barely ever use.

> Chipotle powder

There's a thought!

> Thyme Leaves

Yep, I think I could use some thyme.

> Trinidad Lemon-Garlic Marinade
> Florida Seasoned Pepper (lemon pepper and then some)

Already have some.

> Sweet Curry Powder (makes kick-ass deviled eggs)
>
> Carol

Chris Neidecker

I think I would get more ground chipotle, some caraway seed, the Ozark blend
(haven't tried it before but all these posts have me intrigued), some more
Northwoods seasoning, a big thing of sweet paprika (husband uses it all up
for smoking ribs and port butt) and some smoked Spanish paprika if they have
it.

That's probably more than $20. Oh well.

Chris

Cindy Fuller

In article >,
"jmcquown" > wrote:

> This is a rather broad question, obviously, but what would you buy if you
> had $20 to spend at Penzey's?
>
> I've been going through my herbs and spices trying to make a list. I have
> plenty of tarragon, both fresh and dried, and plenty of basil (fresh &
> dried). Bay leaves I have. Could use some marjoram or oregano, I guess.
> And peppercorns for my grinder - I should probably buy a small bag, maybe
> the Tellicherry.

Get the extra-bold Tellicherry peppercorns. Excellent. Oregano is
always useful.

> I definitely need some more Parisien Bonnes Herbs - I adore that stuff! I
> use it in egg dishes and soups. I already have a number of the Penzey's
> salt-free seasoning blends (Adobo, Singapore, Florida pepper) and curry
> powder and 5 spice powder too.
>
> Since I love soup I was thinking maybe one or two of their soup bases.
> Anyone have an opinion on these? Are they too salty?
>
> FWIW, I eat a lot of fish, shellfish and pork and just about any cooked
> green veggie or squash you can name. I'm not a baker or a sweets lover so
> I'd pass on most 'sweet' spices like cinnamon or cocoa blends.

How about thyme and cumin?

> So, if you had $20 and were turned loose in Penzey's, what would you buy?

This reminds me that it's time for another Penzey's order.

Cindy

--
C.J. Fuller

Delete the obvious to email me

Cindy Fuller

In article >,
"jmcquown" > wrote:

> This is a rather broad question, obviously, but what would you buy if you
> had $20 to spend at Penzey's?
>
> I've been going through my herbs and spices trying to make a list. I have
> plenty of tarragon, both fresh and dried, and plenty of basil (fresh &
> dried). Bay leaves I have. Could use some marjoram or oregano, I guess.
> And peppercorns for my grinder - I should probably buy a small bag, maybe
> the Tellicherry.

Get the extra-bold Tellicherry peppercorns. Excellent. Oregano is
always useful.

> I definitely need some more Parisien Bonnes Herbs - I adore that stuff! I
> use it in egg dishes and soups. I already have a number of the Penzey's
> salt-free seasoning blends (Adobo, Singapore, Florida pepper) and curry
> powder and 5 spice powder too.
>
> Since I love soup I was thinking maybe one or two of their soup bases.
> Anyone have an opinion on these? Are they too salty?
>
> FWIW, I eat a lot of fish, shellfish and pork and just about any cooked
> green veggie or squash you can name. I'm not a baker or a sweets lover so
> I'd pass on most 'sweet' spices like cinnamon or cocoa blends.

How about thyme and cumin?

> So, if you had $20 and were turned loose in Penzey's, what would you buy?

This reminds me that it's time for another Penzey's order.

Cindy

--
C.J. Fuller

Delete the obvious to email me
jmcquown

Cindy Fuller wrote:
> In article >,
> "jmcquown" > wrote:
>
>> This is a rather broad question, obviously, but what would you buy
>> if you had $20 to spend at Penzey's?
>>

> Get the extra-bold Tellicherry peppercorns. Excellent. >>

That's what I was looking at on their web site, prior to making my list.

>> I definitely need some more Parisien Bonnes Herbs - I adore that
>> stuff! I use it in egg dishes and soups. I already have a number
>> of the Penzey's salt-free seasoning blends (Adobo, Singapore,
>> Florida pepper) and curry powder and 5 spice powder too.
>>
>> Since I love soup I was thinking maybe one or two of their soup
>> bases. Anyone have an opinion on these? Are they too salty?
>>
>> FWIW, I eat a lot of fish, shellfish and pork and just about any
>> cooked green veggie or squash you can name. I'm not a baker or a
>> sweets lover so I'd pass on most 'sweet' spices like cinnamon or
>> cocoa blends.

> How about thyme and cumin?

Thyme, yes! I already have cumin and don't use it that often.

>> So, if you had $20 and were turned loose in Penzey's, what would you
>> buy?
>>

> This reminds me that it's time for another Penzey's order.
>
> Cindy

Puester

jmcquown wrote:
> Cindy Fuller wrote:
>

>>>So, if you had $20 and were turned loose in Penzey's, what would you
>>>buy?
>>>

>>This reminds me that it's time for another Penzey's order.
>>
>>Cindy

Whoever started this thread should get a commission from Penzey's.

gloria p
also thinking about placing an order
Puester

jmcquown wrote:
> Cindy Fuller wrote:
>

>>>So, if you had $20 and were turned loose in Penzey's, what would you
>>>buy?
>>>

>>This reminds me that it's time for another Penzey's order.
>>
>>Cindy

Whoever started this thread should get a commission from Penzey's.

gloria p
also thinking about placing an order
Stan Horwitz

In article >,
"jmcquown" > wrote:

> This is a rather broad question, obviously, but what would you buy if you
> had $20 to spend at Penzey's?
>
> I've been going through my herbs and spices trying to make a list. I have
> plenty of tarragon, both fresh and dried, and plenty of basil (fresh &
> dried). Bay leaves I have. Could use some marjoram or oregano, I guess.
> And peppercorns for my grinder - I should probably buy a small bag, maybe
> the Tellicherry.

Granulated garlic. Penzey's granulated garlic is wonderful stuff. In
fact, when I was at Margaret Suran's shindig for Barbara and Michael
last November 6, Barb was nice enough to pick me up a jar of the stuff.
I put the jar in the bottom of my camera bag so I wouldn't forget to
bring it home with me. A month later when I went to use my camera again,
I noticed my digital camera and the bag had a strong garlic smelled!
Then I remembered what I had put in there back in November! That garlic
smell still inhabits my camera bag, not that I mind. My camera is no
worse for wear either and the garlic is fine.

Your question definitely is broad though. Penzey's sells wonderful
basil, and the Sunny Paris is nice too, esp. with scrambled eggs. My
biggest gripe about Penzey's is they haven't opened a store in the
Philadelphia area and their S&H charges are outrageous, the last time I
checked.

TammyM

Hahabogus > wrote:
<snip Melba and Sheryl>

: Readibase.com has better soup bases. I've tried both.

I like Better than Bouillon. Just used some of their lobster base (about
which I confess to feeling rather dubious) and rate it A+. I regularly
use the chicken and beef, and purchased the mushroom base but haven't yet
had an opportunity to use it.

As for Penzeys, I agree with Alan aka starchless in Mannitoba aka
Hahabogus. The Ozark and Trinidad Lemon Garlic blends are wonderful, I
use them "all the time." Ok. I use them a lot :-)

TammyM
Sacramento, California
kalanamak

TheCatinTX wrote:

> Where do you find all the flavors of "Better than Bouillion?" I, too, think
> they are good products, but the only ones I have seen are chicken and beef.

I've found them here and there in various supermarkets. I've never seen
an ad (not that I read/see such things often) and sometimes the stuff in
the stores is quite old. Examine before purchase. I rubbed my turkey
last year with the turkey base, and throw a dollup of veggie into veggie
soup.
blacksalt
TheCatinTX

Where do you find all the flavors of "Better than Bouillion?" I, too, think
they are good products, but the only ones I have seen are chicken and beef.

Thank you. -CatinHouston
TheCatinTX

Where do you find all the flavors of "Better than Bouillion?" I, too, think
they are good products, but the only ones I have seen are chicken and beef.

Thank you. -CatinHouston
Hahabogus

kalanamak > wrote in
:

> TheCatinTX wrote:
> >
> > Where do you find all the flavors of "Better than Bouillion?" I,
> > too, think they are good products, but the only ones I have seen
> > are chicken and beef.

> I've found them here and there in various supermarkets. I've never
> seen an ad (not that I read/see such things often) and sometimes the
> stuff in the stores is quite old. Examine before purchase. I rubbed
> my turkey last year with the turkey base, and throw a dollup of
> veggie into veggie soup.
> blacksalt

http://tinyurl.com/5scdn is a link to amazon.com.

Superior Quality Foods make the stuff

http://www.superiortouch.com/btb.htm is a link directly to them

google is your friend.

--
Starchless in Manitoba.
Type 2 Diabetic 1AC 5.6mmol or 101mg/dl

TammyM

TheCatinTX > wrote:
: Where do you find all the flavors of "Better than Bouillion?" I, too, think
: they are good products, but the only ones I have seen are chicken and beef.

: Thank you. -CatinHouston

This won't be very helpful to you, I'm afraid, but I bought mine at
Andronico's in Berkeley which could be considered a rather upscale
store. Other flavors that I remember they had at that store were ham,
vegetable and clam.

TammyM
Sacramento, California
Steve Pope

TammyM > wrote:

>> Where do you find all the flavors of "Better than Bouillion?"

>This won't be very helpful to you, I'm afraid, but I bought mine at
>Andronico's in Berkeley which could be considered a rather upscale
>store. Other flavors that I remember they had at that store were ham,
>vegetable and clam.

Do you remember which Andronico's? (There are four of them
in Berkeley.)

Steve
Blair P. Houghton

TammyM > wrote:
>This won't be very helpful to you, I'm afraid, but I bought mine at
>Andronico's in Berkeley which could be considered a rather upscale
>store. Other flavors that I remember they had at that store were ham,
>vegetable and clam.

My local Safeway carries them. Beef, veal, and chicken, at least.

I use the beef version to make stock for chili.

AJ's, the local upscale supermarket, has several kinds of
real demiglaze at totally rediculous prices, but that's
their schtick.

--Blair
"They make a good ham sammich, though."
Blair P. Houghton

TammyM > wrote:
>This won't be very helpful to you, I'm afraid, but I bought mine at
>Andronico's in Berkeley which could be considered a rather upscale
>store. Other flavors that I remember they had at that store were ham,
>vegetable and clam.

My local Safeway carries them. Beef, veal, and chicken, at least.

I use the beef version to make stock for chili.

AJ's, the local upscale supermarket, has several kinds of
real demiglaze at totally rediculous prices, but that's
their schtick.

--Blair
"They make a good ham sammich, though."
TammyM

Steve Pope > wrote:
: TammyM > wrote:

:>> Where do you find all the flavors of "Better than Bouillion?"

:>This won't be very helpful to you, I'm afraid, but I bought mine at
:>Andronico's in Berkeley which could be considered a rather upscale
:>store. Other flavors that I remember they had at that store were ham,
:>vegetable and clam.

: Do you remember which Andronico's? (There are four of them
: in Berkeley.)

It was the one a couple of doors down from the Cheese Board. Lovely
store. Someone further along in this thread mentions veal Better Than
Bouillon, I didn't notice that they carried that, or it would've come home
with me too.

TammyM
Sacramento, California

Christine Dabney

On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 01:50:07 +0000 (UTC), TammyM >
wrote:

>Steve Pope > wrote:
>: TammyM > wrote:
>
>:>> Where do you find all the flavors of "Better than Bouillion?"

>It was the one a couple of doors down from the Cheese Board. Lovely
>store. Someone further along in this thread mentions veal Better Than
>Bouillon, I didn't notice that they carried that, or it would've come home
>with me too.
>
>TammyM
>Sacramento, California

I have also seen almost all versions in Berkeley Bowl.

I just love that place!

Christine
Christine Dabney

wrote:

>Steve Pope > wrote:
>: TammyM > wrote:
>
>:>> Where do you find all the flavors of "Better than Bouillion?"

>It was the one a couple of doors down from the Cheese Board. Lovely
>store. Someone further along in this thread mentions veal Better Than
>Bouillon, I didn't notice that they carried that, or it would've come home
>with me too.
>
>TammyM
>Sacramento, California

I have also seen almost all versions in Berkeley Bowl.

I just love that place!

Christine
notbob

On 2005-01-10, TammyM > wrote:

> store. Someone further along in this thread mentions veal Better Than
> Bouillon, I didn't notice that they carried that, or it would've come home
> with me too.

"Someone" must be mistaken:

http://www.superiortouch.com/btb.htm

nb
Steve Pope

Christine Dabney > wrote:

> TammyM >

>> It was the [Andronico's] a couple of doors down from the
>> Cheese Board. Lovely store.

Thanks, Tammy

> I have also seen almost all versions in Berkeley Bowl.
> I just love that place!

I avoid it at almost all costs. The lines are just too long
(on my last attempted visit, on a Sunday, all lines were
between 40 and 50 shoppers long), and they are spotty in terms
of stocking free-range meat. Overall I prefer Whole Foods.
Unfortunately, neither is walking distance for me, for that
I'm stuck with the west Berkeley Andronico's (one of the
lesser versions of an Andronico's).

Steve