Michael

Default Christmas morning truffles

Made my first truffles this morning! Got up early and
knew the daughter and wife would sleep in, so I gave
them a go. Here's what I started with:

3 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup heavy cream
1 Tb butter
1 Tb vanilla

I didn't have heavy cream. I had whipping cream. I
heated it up and melted the chips in it and then added
the butter and vanilla and put it in the frig to cool
for an hour. It was still way too liquidy to form
into balls so I put it in the freezer for 15 minutes.
Still no go and I was tired of waiting on it. I
added half a cup of powdered sugar to it and stirred
it in and then another half cup. Balled it up and
let them chill in the freezer while I melted 3 Tb
shortening and 12 oz. white chocolate for a dip. It
was too runny so I added about a half cup of powdered
sugar to it.

Dipped them all once, then all again. Chilled them
and they were absolutely wonderful! WAHOOO!!

Michael