Evelyn Erickson

Default Baked Beans

Does anyone have a recipe for baked beans made with Bushes canned beans?

Ed Grabau and Pam Jacoby

"Evelyn Erickson" wrote
> Does anyone have a recipe for baked beans made with Bushes canned beans?

Here are some recipe pages for "doctoring" canned baked beans, which is what
I assume you plan on doing.

http://teriskitchen.com/vegetable/bakedbeans-c.html

http://www.cooks.com/rec/search/0,1-..._beans,FF.html

http://www.mealsforyou.com/cgi-bin/recipe?id.5047

Also, most basic American food cookbooks usually have a similar recipe.

Pam

PENMART01

>Evelyn Erickson" wrote:
>
>Does anyone have a recipe for baked beans made with Bushes canned beans?

Why bother... Bush's (yes, it's Bush's) beans are presumably already baked
beans, and they're available in many flavors (9)... so what exactly is it you
want?

Check all the recipes too:
http://www.bushbeans.com/products/bakedbeans.jsp

Anyway, I like Heinz vegetarian beans better... also a far better value as
there are more beans in a can... Bush's are too watery.

When I want a special recipe I begin from scratch with dried beans.

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
*********
Sheldon
````````````
Wayne Boatwright

(Evelyn Erickson) wrote in
:

> Does anyone have a recipe for baked beans made with Bushes canned beans?

I guarantee you'll love these!

* Exported from MasterCook *

Special Baked Beans

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 6 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Side dish Vegetables

2 cn (28-oz) Bush's baked beans
1/2 lb Bacon, diced
1 2-inch yellow onion, diced
3 tb Light brown sugar, packed
3 tb Tomato catsup
1 t Coleman's dry mustard
1/2 ts French's yellow mustard
1/2 ts Worcestershire sauce
1/2 ts Tobasco sauce
1/2 ts Freshly ground black pepper
2 tb Bacon fat
Reserved bean liquid

Pour baked beans into colander and drain, reserving liquid. Fry diced
bacon until crisp. Add bacon to beans, reserving fat. Fry diced onion
in bacon fat until transparent but not brown. Add onion and 2
tablespoons of the bacon fat to the beans.

Mix remaining ingredients in small mixing bowl. Add mixture to beans
and combine all ingredients throughly, but gently. Add sufficient
reserved bean liquid to moisten bean mixture. It should not be soupy.

Turn bean mixture into 2-quart casserole. Beans may be refrigerated and
held one or two days until baking.

Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Bake beans uncovered for 30-45 minutes
until a crust forms on top. Serves six.

Robb Dabbs
May 11, 1985

--
Wayne in Phoenix

*A mind is a terrible thing to lose.

Wayne Boatwright

(Evelyn Erickson) wrote in
:

> Does anyone have a recipe for baked beans made with Bushes canned beans?

I guarantee you'll love these!

* Exported from MasterCook *

Special Baked Beans

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 6 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Side dish Vegetables

2 cn (28-oz) Bush's baked beans
1/2 lb Bacon, diced
1 2-inch yellow onion, diced
3 tb Light brown sugar, packed
3 tb Tomato catsup
1 t Coleman's dry mustard
1/2 ts French's yellow mustard
1/2 ts Worcestershire sauce
1/2 ts Tobasco sauce
1/2 ts Freshly ground black pepper
2 tb Bacon fat
Reserved bean liquid

Pour baked beans into colander and drain, reserving liquid. Fry diced
bacon until crisp. Add bacon to beans, reserving fat. Fry diced onion
in bacon fat until transparent but not brown. Add onion and 2
tablespoons of the bacon fat to the beans.

Mix remaining ingredients in small mixing bowl. Add mixture to beans
and combine all ingredients throughly, but gently. Add sufficient
reserved bean liquid to moisten bean mixture. It should not be soupy.

Turn bean mixture into 2-quart casserole. Beans may be refrigerated and
held one or two days until baking.

Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Bake beans uncovered for 30-45 minutes
until a crust forms on top. Serves six.

Robb Dabbs
May 11, 1985

--
Wayne in Phoenix

*A mind is a terrible thing to lose.
Kent

You don't ever, ever, ever, use canned beans to make "baked beans". It is so
easy to compose the real dish overnight in a crockpot. That's where you
should start.

"Evelyn Erickson" > wrote in message
> Does anyone have a recipe for baked beans made with Bushes canned beans?

Kent

You don't ever, ever, ever, use canned beans to make "baked beans". It is so
easy to compose the real dish overnight in a crockpot. That's where you
should start.

"Evelyn Erickson" > wrote in message
> Does anyone have a recipe for baked beans made with Bushes canned beans?

Wayne Boatwright

"Kent" > wrote in

> "Evelyn Erickson" > wrote in message

>> Does anyone have a recipe for baked beans made with Bushes canned
>> beans?

> You don't ever, ever, ever, use canned beans to make "baked beans". It
> is so easy to compose the real dish overnight in a crockpot. That's
> where you should start.

That's if you want Boston style baked beans. The OP specifically requested a
recipe using Bush's canned baked beans. I like them both.

--
Wayne in Phoenix

*A mind is a terrible thing to lose.
Wayne Boatwright

"Kent" > wrote in

> "Evelyn Erickson" > wrote in message

>> Does anyone have a recipe for baked beans made with Bushes canned
>> beans?

> You don't ever, ever, ever, use canned beans to make "baked beans". It
> is so easy to compose the real dish overnight in a crockpot. That's
> where you should start.

That's if you want Boston style baked beans. The OP specifically requested a
recipe using Bush's canned baked beans. I like them both.

--
Wayne in Phoenix

*A mind is a terrible thing to lose.

BOB

Wayne Boatwright wrote:
> "Kent" > wrote in
>
>> "Evelyn Erickson" > wrote in message

>>> Does anyone have a recipe for baked beans made with Bushes canned
>>> beans?

>> You don't ever, ever, ever, use canned beans to make "baked beans". It
>> is so easy to compose the real dish overnight in a crockpot. That's
>> where you should start.

> That's if you want Boston style baked beans. The OP specifically
> requested a recipe using Bush's canned baked beans. I like them both.

You'll have to forgive Kent. He's probably been brining his stuffed
turkey on the back porch (or was it in the garage?) again. He was warned
that he needed refrigeration and that brining a stuffed bird would make
the stuffing salty and soggy.

BOB

BOB

Wayne Boatwright wrote:
> "Kent" > wrote in
>
>> "Evelyn Erickson" > wrote in message

>>> Does anyone have a recipe for baked beans made with Bushes canned
>>> beans?

>> You don't ever, ever, ever, use canned beans to make "baked beans". It
>> is so easy to compose the real dish overnight in a crockpot. That's
>> where you should start.

> That's if you want Boston style baked beans. The OP specifically
> requested a recipe using Bush's canned baked beans. I like them both.

You'll have to forgive Kent. He's probably been brining his stuffed
turkey on the back porch (or was it in the garage?) again. He was warned
that he needed refrigeration and that brining a stuffed bird would make
the stuffing salty and soggy.

BOB

kilikini

BOB wrote:
> Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>> "Kent" > wrote in

>>> You don't ever, ever, ever, use canned beans to make "baked beans".
>>> It is so easy to compose the real dish overnight in a crockpot.
>>> That's where you should start.

>> That's if you want Boston style baked beans. The OP specifically
>> requested a recipe using Bush's canned baked beans. I like them
>> both.
>>

> You'll have to forgive Kent. He's probably been brining his stuffed
> turkey on the back porch (or was it in the garage?) again. He was
> warned that he needed refrigeration and that brining a stuffed bird
> would make the stuffing salty and soggy.
>
> BOB

BOB, is that Kent the one and the same we've all come to *love*?

kili

Wayne Boatwright

" BOB" > wrote in :

> Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>> "Kent" > wrote in

>>> You don't ever, ever, ever, use canned beans to make "baked beans". It
>>> is so easy to compose the real dish overnight in a crockpot. That's
>>> where you should start.

>> That's if you want Boston style baked beans. The OP specifically
>> requested a recipe using Bush's canned baked beans. I like them both.
>>

> You'll have to forgive Kent. He's probably been brining his stuffed
> turkey on the back porch (or was it in the garage?) again. He was warned
> that he needed refrigeration and that brining a stuffed bird would make
> the stuffing salty and soggy.
>
> BOB

LOL!

--
Wayne in Phoenix

*A mind is a terrible thing to lose.
Wayne Boatwright

" BOB" > wrote in :

> Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>> "Kent" > wrote in

>>> You don't ever, ever, ever, use canned beans to make "baked beans". It
>>> is so easy to compose the real dish overnight in a crockpot. That's
>>> where you should start.

>> That's if you want Boston style baked beans. The OP specifically
>> requested a recipe using Bush's canned baked beans. I like them both.
>>

> You'll have to forgive Kent. He's probably been brining his stuffed
> turkey on the back porch (or was it in the garage?) again. He was warned
> that he needed refrigeration and that brining a stuffed bird would make
> the stuffing salty and soggy.
>
> BOB

LOL!

--
Wayne in Phoenix

*A mind is a terrible thing to lose.

BOB

kilikini wrote:
> BOB wrote:
>> You'll have to forgive Kent. He's probably been brining his stuffed
>> turkey on the back porch (or was it in the garage?) again. He was
>> warned that he needed refrigeration and that brining a stuffed bird
>> would make the stuffing salty and soggy.
>>
>> BOB

> BOB, is that Kent the one and the same we've all come to *love*?
>
> kili

Yes

BOB

BOB

kilikini wrote:
> BOB wrote:
>> You'll have to forgive Kent. He's probably been brining his stuffed
>> turkey on the back porch (or was it in the garage?) again. He was
>> warned that he needed refrigeration and that brining a stuffed bird
>> would make the stuffing salty and soggy.
>>
>> BOB

> BOB, is that Kent the one and the same we've all come to *love*?
>
> kili

Yes

BOB