jmcquown

Default B&B at it's finest

Dog3 wrote:
> I swiped this from another ng I read. I think this would make a
> fantastic B&B. Thanks Mike, if you're reading.
>
> Michael
> *******

OOOH yeah!

Jill

> [...]
> Animal Rescue
> League, and she bought her pets headstones when then died."
>
> Another frightening tale involves two maids who went up to make the
> bed in the
> guest room that Abby was murdered in.
>
> "One went downstairs, and the other went back to put towels in,"
> McGinn says.
> "All of a sudden, there was an imprint on the bed like someone was
> lying there."
> When the other maid returned to the room at her insistence, she saw
> it, too.
> "The maid wouldn't even go back in the house to get her paycheck after
> that."
>
> Has McGinn ever actually seen a ghost? Once, as a teenager, she says:
> "I was
> coming downstairs to the basement to do laundry, and I saw what
> looked like a
> silhouette of a woman in Victorian clothes floating 3 or 4 inches off
> the floor."
>
> What did McGinn do? "I ran upstairs and did my laundry later. The
> laundry still
> needed to be done."
>
> Then there is the strange matter of the murder date -- Aug. 4, 1892.
> McGinn's
> grandparents, who had no idea they would buy the crime scene more
> than two decades later, were married on Aug. 4, 1925. They signed the
> purchase-and- sales
> agreement on Aug. 4, 1947 or '48. McGinn was born on Aug. 4, 1954.
>
> McGinn and Evans have enjoyed owning this home of mysteries, but have
> decided to
> place the building on the market in order to spend more time with
> their families, McGinn says. All of the furnishings and some of
> Lizzie's clothes and
> personal items are included in the asking price of $699,920. Real
> estate taxes
> are $7,649.
>
> The sale price also includes the businesses. Bed and breakfast room
> rates are
> $150 to $200 a night and up, depending on occupancy. Emma and Lizzie's
> bedrooms
> and Andrew and Abby's bedrooms form two two-bedroom guest suites.
> There are four
> additional guest rooms -- one on the second floor and three on the
> third, including maid Bridget's room.
>
> In addition, the house connects to 5,945 square feet of commercial
> space that
> houses Leary Press. The business and the house sit on an
> 8,162-square-foot lot
> across from the bus station, in the heart of downtown Fall River.
>
> Paula Drake of Riverside Realty, Somerset, Mass. has the listing. For
> more information on the house, you can visit the bed-and-breakfast
> Web site at Lizzie-Borden.com or the Fall River Historical Society
> Web Site at LizzieBorden.org.
>
> http://www.projo.com/realestate/cont...en.1d686e.html
>
> Fall River PD transcripts of questioning of Lizzie

jmcquown

Dog3 wrote:
> I swiped this from another ng I read. I think this would make a
> fantastic B&B. Thanks Mike, if you're reading.
>
> Michael
> *******

Micheal, you and I just *have* to go in on this place. Together we can cook
up a mean "forty whacks" breakfast and a "forty-one brunch" heheh

Jill
> [...]
> bedrooms
> and Andrew and Abby's bedrooms form two two-bedroom guest suites.
> There are four
> additional guest rooms -- one on the second floor and three on the
> third, including maid Bridget's room.
>
> In addition, the house connects to 5,945 square feet of commercial
> space that
> houses Leary Press. The business and the house sit on an
> 8,162-square-foot lot
> across from the bus station, in the heart of downtown Fall River.
>
> Paula Drake of Riverside Realty, Somerset, Mass. has the listing. For
> more information on the house, you can visit the bed-and-breakfast
> Web site at Lizzie-Borden.com or the Fall River Historical Society
> Web Site at LizzieBorden.org.
>
> http://www.projo.com/realestate/cont...en.1d686e.html
>
> Fall River PD transcripts of questioning of Lizzie

Nancy Young

jmcquown wrote:

> Dog3 wrote:
> > I swiped this from another ng I read. I think this would make a
> > fantastic B&B. Thanks Mike, if you're reading.
> >
> > Michael
> > *******

> Micheal, you and I just *have* to go in on this place. Together we can cook
> up a mean "forty whacks" breakfast and a "forty-one brunch" heheh
>
> Jill
> > Begin article:
> >
> > In case you missed it,
> >
> > asking price of $699,920. Real estate taxes are $7,649
> >
> > House of the week: 'Lizzie Borden' B&B on market in Fall River

Okay, but it would have to be heavy on the BAM!!!!!!! Kick it up
a notch! as Emeril is from Fall River.

nancy
jmcquown

Nancy Young wrote:
> jmcquown wrote:
>>
>> Dog3 wrote:
>>> I swiped this from another ng I read. I think this would make a
>>> fantastic B&B. Thanks Mike, if you're reading.
>>>
>>> Michael
>>> *******

>> Micheal, you and I just *have* to go in on this place. Together we
>> can cook up a mean "forty whacks" breakfast and a "forty-one brunch"
>> heheh
>>
>> Jill
>>> Begin article:
>>>
>>> In case you missed it,
>>>
>>> asking price of $699,920. Real estate taxes are $7,649
>>>
>>> House of the week: 'Lizzie Borden' B&B on market in Fall River

> Okay, but it would have to be heavy on the BAM!!!!!!! Kick it up
> a notch! as Emeril is from Fall River.
>
> nancy

Gawd, did he kill his parents?! And why does he keep pretending he's Cajun?

Jill

jmcquown

Dog3 wrote:
> "jmcquown" > deliciously posted in
> :
>
>> Dog3 wrote:
>>> I swiped this from another ng I read. I think this would make a
>>> fantastic B&B. Thanks Mike, if you're reading.
>>>
>>> Michael
>>> *******

>> Micheal, you and I just *have* to go in on this place. Together we
>> can cook up a mean "forty whacks" breakfast and a "forty-one brunch"
>> heheh
>>
>> Jill

> Don't you just know it. Now, for a cocktail menu. Hmmm... bucket of
> blood..y... marys... stop me now
>
> Michael

That 'cocktail' has to include chunks of lobster and crab meat, sliced green
onion, spicy chilled V-8. Welcome to our Haunted House :-)

Jill

Kate Connally

Dog3 wrote:

> I swiped this from another ng I read. I think this would make a fantastic
> B&B. Thanks Mike, if you're reading.
>
> Michael
> *******
>
> Begin article:
>
> In case you missed it,
>
> asking price of $699,920. Real estate taxes are $7,649
>
> House of the week: 'Lizzie Borden' B&B on market in Fall River

I wanted to stay there a couple of years ago when I made my
first trip to New England. Unfortunately it was way too
expensive. I drove by it when I was in Fall River visiting
Lizzie's grave. The house didn't even look occupied from
the street in front. I imagine there must be a back entrance
that people use since there's no parking on the street in
front. Anyone else know the Chad Mitchell Trio's version
of the Lizzie Borden song?

Yesterday in old Fall River, Mr. Andrew Borden died.
And they got his daughter Lizzie on a charge of homicide.
Some folks says she didn't do it and others say of course she did.
But they all agreed Miss Lizzie, she was a problem kind a kid.
Cause you can't chop your Papa up in Massachusetts.
Not even if it's planned as a surprise, a surprise!
No you can't chop your Papa up in Massachusetts.
You know how neighbors love to criticize.

Lizzie is one of my heros! ;-) She sure knew how to
deal with an evil step-parent.

Kate, who has had more than her share of evil step-relatives.

P.S. Actually, though, I'm not convinced she did it.

--
Kate Connally
Until you bite their heads off.”

the finest potracks in the world [email protected] Cooking Equipment 0 11-02-2007 03:56 PM
Chile's Finest PP Wine 11 21-01-2006 04:12 PM
about finest top Wines :... eric Winemaking 3 16-10-2005 12:49 AM
about finest Top Finest Wines :... eric General Cooking 1 14-10-2005 03:21 PM
Our Finest Cheesecake Charles Gifford General Cooking 0 29-12-2003 09:17 AM