Bob

Default "Holiday Spice" Pepsi falls flat wtih me

I'm sad to report that the cola doesn't live up to the advertising. As
advertised, this was supposed to be something like "normal" Pepsi with ADDED
spices to give it a "holiday" flavor.

Instead, it seems that most flavor has been REMOVED. In "normal" Pepsi, if I
focus on the flavor, I can taste the citrus and cinnamon flavors, as well as
a slight bitterness from the caramel and caffeine. I was expecting to taste
those flavors as well as some additional "spice" flavors, maybe allspice,
maybe nutmeg, maybe clove...but there was NOTHING. No citrus tones. No
caramel tones. No cinnamon. No discernible spice flavor of ANY kind. Just a
reddish sweet drink with maybe a hint of artificial berry flavor.

In order to make it palatable, I ended up adding chocolate syrup. (I find
that chocolate is often the answer to life's problems.) But I'm sure as hell
not going to buy any more of that crap.

Bob

Lawrence Bullock

"Bob" > wrote in message
> I'm sad to report that the cola doesn't live up to the advertising. As
> advertised, this was supposed to be something like "normal" Pepsi with

ADDED
> spices to give it a "holiday" flavor.
>
> Instead, it seems that most flavor has been REMOVED. In "normal" Pepsi, if

> focus on the flavor, I can taste the citrus and cinnamon flavors, as well

as
> a slight bitterness from the caramel and caffeine. I was expecting to

taste
> those flavors as well as some additional "spice" flavors, maybe allspice,
> maybe nutmeg, maybe clove...but there was NOTHING. No citrus tones. No
> caramel tones. No cinnamon. No discernible spice flavor of ANY kind. Just

> reddish sweet drink with maybe a hint of artificial berry flavor.
>
> In order to make it palatable, I ended up adding chocolate syrup. (I find
> that chocolate is often the answer to life's problems.) But I'm sure as

hell
> not going to buy any more of that crap.
>
> Bob

Check this guy out. Not only is he going to buy more, he's going to drink it
all in the name of art...

http://pepsispice.blogspot.com/

It's fascinating, in a "Supersize Me" kind of way....

Lawrence Bullock

"Bob" > wrote in message
> I'm sad to report that the cola doesn't live up to the advertising. As
> advertised, this was supposed to be something like "normal" Pepsi with

ADDED
> spices to give it a "holiday" flavor.
>
> Instead, it seems that most flavor has been REMOVED. In "normal" Pepsi, if

> focus on the flavor, I can taste the citrus and cinnamon flavors, as well

as
> a slight bitterness from the caramel and caffeine. I was expecting to

taste
> those flavors as well as some additional "spice" flavors, maybe allspice,
> maybe nutmeg, maybe clove...but there was NOTHING. No citrus tones. No
> caramel tones. No cinnamon. No discernible spice flavor of ANY kind. Just

> reddish sweet drink with maybe a hint of artificial berry flavor.
>
> In order to make it palatable, I ended up adding chocolate syrup. (I find
> that chocolate is often the answer to life's problems.) But I'm sure as

hell
> not going to buy any more of that crap.
>
> Bob

Check this guy out. Not only is he going to buy more, he's going to drink it
all in the name of art...

http://pepsispice.blogspot.com/

It's fascinating, in a "Supersize Me" kind of way....

Gtwy4cb

>not going to buy any more of that crap.

Vanilla Coke is probably worse!
Gtwy4cb

>not going to buy any more of that crap.

Vanilla Coke is probably worse!

Mpoconnor7

I like Diet Vanilla Coke, and Diet Cherry Coke, as plain Diet Coke is pretty
nasty IMO and adding vanilla or cherry really improves it.

Michael O'Connor - Modern Renaissance Man

"The likelihood of one individual being right increases in a direct proportion
to the intensity with which others try to prove him wrong."

WardNA

"Holiday Spice" . . . ?

Branding problem. Folks'll think it chirps, wiggles its ass, and marries
soccer stars.

WardNA

"Holiday Spice" . . . ?

Branding problem. Folks'll think it chirps, wiggles its ass, and marries
soccer stars.

Paula Drennan

:
: Michael O'Connor - Modern Renaissance Man
:
: "The likelihood of one individual being right increases in a direct
proportion
: to the intensity with which others try to prove him wrong."

is that diet coke with Lime a regional thing? I in general detest diet
sodas, but that one is pretty darn good.
--
Paula Drennan

May the forces of evil become confused
on the way to your house.

---

Kswck

"Gtwy4cb" > wrote in message
> >not going to buy any more of that crap.

> Vanilla Coke is probably worse!

And low carb Coke C2 is hideous.

Kswck

"Gtwy4cb" > wrote in message
> >not going to buy any more of that crap.

> Vanilla Coke is probably worse!

And low carb Coke C2 is hideous.

my bread falls flat [email protected] Baking 16 01-03-2006 08:03 AM
bQirthday dinner falls flat Kate Connally General Cooking 19 01-03-2005 02:12 AM
Holiday Pepsi Tess General Cooking 13 27-11-2004 07:18 AM
How much lemon juice + diet Pepsi = Diet Pepsi Twist? Gary General Cooking 8 23-11-2004 05:45 AM
Dinner wtih Friends Wayne Boatwright General Cooking 9 18-01-2004 05:57 PM