lynn

Bump/
"Leila" > wrote
>Maybe you all know this, but I just want to remind you to use Google
>for recipe searches. I just received a chain e-mail from somebody
>asking that I send along a personal recipe to 8 people, move name up
>the list, etc. I don't do chains. I replied to all and forwarded my
>blog archive page with collected recipes. I also suggested folks use
>Google to search.
>
>The easiest way is just type in the name of the dish and recipe. I.e.:
>tabbouli recipe
>
>You could also type in several ingredients: cabbage, corn and chiles,
>say, plus the word recipe.
>
>Google also has directories that include collections of recipes:
>
>http://directory.google.com/Top/Home...s/Directories/
>
>And their upper level directory of Cooking sites takes you down into a
>dizzying number of food and recipe sites. World Cuisines has 2,711
>listings.
>
>http://directory.google.com/Top/Home/Cooking/
>
>Now maybe you knew this already. In that case, ignore me! I'm just
>suggesting, in case you didn't know.
>
>You may also have more clever ways to search - I am not the ultimate
>expert on this. Also, you may like other search engines better - tell
>me!
>
>Leila

---------------------------POST VIA--------------------------------
news://nntp.xusenet.com http://www.xusenet.com

Petra Hildebrandt

Leila wrote:

> Maybe you all know this, but I just want to remind you to use Google
> for recipe searches.

and there is a better way to do it:

http://theory.stanford.edu/~amitp/recipe.html

Petra in Hamburg, Germany
Petra Hildebrandt

Leila wrote:

> Maybe you all know this, but I just want to remind you to use Google
> for recipe searches.

and there is a better way to do it:

http://theory.stanford.edu/~amitp/recipe.html

Petra in Hamburg, Germany
Julian Vrieslander

In article >,
Petra Hildebrandt > wrote:

> Leila wrote:
>
> > Maybe you all know this, but I just want to remind you to use Google
> > for recipe searches.

> and there is a better way to do it:
>
> http://theory.stanford.edu/~amitp/recipe.html
>
> Petra in Hamburg, Germany

I'm not an HTML expert, but I don't think this page does anything
special. All it does is add "recipe" to the search terms that you
enter, and then sends the request to Google.

--
Julian Vrieslander

Julian Vrieslander

In article >,
Petra Hildebrandt > wrote:

> Leila wrote:
>
> > Maybe you all know this, but I just want to remind you to use Google
> > for recipe searches.

> and there is a better way to do it:
>
> http://theory.stanford.edu/~amitp/recipe.html
>
> Petra in Hamburg, Germany

I'm not an HTML expert, but I don't think this page does anything
special. All it does is add "recipe" to the search terms that you
enter, and then sends the request to Google.

--
Julian Vrieslander
JimLane

Julian Vrieslander wrote:
> In article >,
> Petra Hildebrandt > wrote:
>

>>Leila wrote:
>>

>>>Maybe you all know this, but I just want to remind you to use Google
>>>for recipe searches.

>>and there is a better way to do it:
>>
>>http://theory.stanford.edu/~amitp/recipe.html
>>
>>Petra in Hamburg, Germany

> I'm not an HTML expert, but I don't think this page does anything
> special. All it does is add "recipe" to the search terms that you
> enter, and then sends the request to Google.

One less word to type; one more intermediary between the asker and the
recipe itself.

jim
JimLane

Julian Vrieslander wrote:
> In article >,
> Petra Hildebrandt > wrote:
>

>>Leila wrote:
>>

>>>Maybe you all know this, but I just want to remind you to use Google
>>>for recipe searches.

>>and there is a better way to do it:
>>
>>http://theory.stanford.edu/~amitp/recipe.html
>>
>>Petra in Hamburg, Germany

> I'm not an HTML expert, but I don't think this page does anything
> special. All it does is add "recipe" to the search terms that you
> enter, and then sends the request to Google.

One less word to type; one more intermediary between the asker and the
recipe itself.

jim
notbob

On 2004-12-10, Leila > wrote:
> Maybe you all know this, but I just want to remind you to use Google
> for recipe searches. I just received a chain e-mail from somebody

I suspect many folks here ask for recipes just to initiate a discourse with
people they feel comfortable with. I know I like interacting with many of
the regulars. Also, there are many websites that repeat the same 2 or 3
recipes ad nauseum and I'm sure many posters are just looking for something
different here. I agree on the chain letter. They're a pain.

nb