Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Daisy

Default Fresh Fruit Compote

I have mislaid a recipe I once had for making strawberry compote. I
have an amount of fresh strawberries and would like to make a compote
for dinner tomorrow when the family arrive.

I have a feeling I used to boil up a syrup of sugar, water, and some
sort of red liqueur like cassis - or even port wine. I would add
some gelatine that had been dissolved in water (say about 1
tablespoon?) I would place the fresh strawberries in a bowl and
pour over the syrup/gelatine mixture and leave to set.

I cannot remember if the above is correct or not. Can anyone help
me?

Oh, I am in summer where I am. That's why I have extra strawberries.
But I think a compote should embrace other fresh fruits also.

Thanx

Daisy.

Don't assume malice for what stupidity can explain.

Fresh Fruit Salad Duckie ® Recipes 0 24-06-2005 11:32 PM
Frozen Fruit versus fresh fruit [email protected] Baking 2 03-02-2005 09:38 PM
Go Fresh Produce, Inc., Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Sulfites in Go Fresh Dried Fruit Mix Duckie ® Recipes 0 29-05-2004 01:33 AM
Champagne Zabaglione With Fresh Fruit Compote Sue Starfas Recipes (moderated) 0 25-04-2004 03:37 PM