Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Thursday night supper Tandoori

We decided tonight that we will not try to cook this dish in the oven
again. We don't have a proper tandoor, but we can get the Weber grill
smoking hot. It was delicious. Served it with raita, steamed broccoli
and flatbread.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, June 10, 2021 at 9:17:17 PM UTC-4, Dave Smith wrote:
> We decided tonight that we will not try to cook this dish in the oven
> again. We don't have a proper tandoor, but we can get the Weber grill
> smoking hot. It was delicious. Served it with raita, steamed broccoli
> and flatbread.

The difinition of Tandoori is as follows:

tandoori
noun [ U ]
US /tɑːnˈdʊr.i/ UK /tænˈdʊə.ri/

a particular South Asian method of cooking food in a clay oven:
tandoori chicken

-- https://dictionary.cambridge.org/us/...glish/tandoori
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, June 11, 2021 at 2:58:49 PM UTC-4, bruce bowser wrote:
> On Thursday, June 10, 2021 at 9:17:17 PM UTC-4, Dave Smith wrote:
> > We decided tonight that we will not try to cook this dish in the oven
> > again. We don't have a proper tandoor, but we can get the Weber grill
> > smoking hot. It was delicious. Served it with raita, steamed broccoli
> > and flatbread.

> The difinition of Tandoori is as follows:
>
> tandoori
> noun [ U ]
> US /tɑːnˈdʊr.i/ UK /tænˈdʊə.ri/
>
> a particular South Asian method of cooking food in a clay oven:
> tandoori chicken
>
> -- https://dictionary.cambridge.org/us/...glish/tandoori

Yep. Those of us who don't have a clay oven make do with an ordinary
grill or oven. I can get my gas grill up to about 750 F (according to the
crappy thermometer built into the lid). Of course, as soon as I open the
lid, much of that heat vanishes. I should get out my charcoal grill and lump
hardwood and see how hot I can get it.

The beauty of tandoori chicken is that it's skinned, and you don't get
terrible flare-ups.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 11 Jun 2021 12:15:58 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Friday, June 11, 2021 at 2:58:49 PM UTC-4, bruce bowser wrote:
>> On Thursday, June 10, 2021 at 9:17:17 PM UTC-4, Dave Smith wrote:
>> > We decided tonight that we will not try to cook this dish in the oven
>> > again. We don't have a proper tandoor, but we can get the Weber grill
>> > smoking hot. It was delicious. Served it with raita, steamed broccoli
>> > and flatbread.

>> The difinition of Tandoori is as follows:
>>
>> tandoori
>> noun [ U ]
>> US /t??n?d?r.i/ UK /tn?d??.ri/
>>
>> a particular South Asian method of cooking food in a clay oven:
>> tandoori chicken
>>
>> -- https://dictionary.cambridge.org/us/...glish/tandoori

>Yep. Those of us who don't have a clay oven make do with an ordinary
>grill or oven. I can get my gas grill up to about 750 F (according to the
>crappy thermometer built into the lid). Of course, as soon as I open the
>lid, much of that heat vanishes. I should get out my charcoal grill and lump
>hardwood and see how hot I can get it.
>
>The beauty of tandoori chicken is that it's skinned, and you don't get
>terrible flare-ups.
>
>Cindy Hamilton

Bruce (not Dave Smith)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 11 Jun 2021 11:58:46 -0700 (PDT), bruce bowser