Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Devilled Egg Potatro Salad

On Sun, 6 Jun 2021 07:37:54 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Sunday, June 6, 2021 at 10:31:01 AM UTC-4, S Viemeister wrote:

>> > Use Miracle Whip instead of mayonnaise and there's little need for
>> > (extra) sugar.
>> >

>> Don't like Miracle Whip, it's too sweet, and I don't see the need for
>> _any_ sugar in potato salad.

>Ah, well. I thin out the mayonnaise with vinegar, then add just
>a touch of sugar to bring the flavors back into balance.

You're American. Upon birth, you signed a contract to add sugar to
everything.

--
Not Dave Smith
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, June 6, 2021 at 9:50:11 AM UTC-10, Dave Smith wrote:
> On Sun, 6 Jun 2021 07:37:54 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> > wrote:

> >> Don't like Miracle Whip, it's too sweet, and I don't see the need for
> >> _any_ sugar in potato salad.

> >Ah, well. I thin out the mayonnaise with vinegar, then add just
> >a touch of sugar to bring the flavors back into balance.

> You're American. Upon birth, you signed a contract to add sugar to
> everything.
>
> --
> Not Dave Smith

I sure signed the contract. I love sugar! Last night I made Okinawan Shoyu Pork. It was pretty awesome.It had a good amount of sugar. Those Okinawans must love sugar too.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/42UtuYpxbLQuQ3qa7
Posted to rec.food.cooking

https://www.ronsfoods.com/product/de...-potato-salad/

>> Kroger has about the same thing. Very wet and mushy and really
>> sweet. As much as I love potato salad I always pass right by this.
>>
>> (~
>>

> I've gotten to the point that the only tater salad I'll eat is what
>my wife makes . Simple , basic , and very very tasty . I tried some
>Kroger southern style a few days ago , it wasn't pleasant but I managed
>to choke it down . "Take what you want , but eat what you take."
>sometimes bites one on the ass ...

Not Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 6 Jun 2021 12:08:27 +0100, Ophelia >
wrote:

>On 06/06/2021 10:21, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>> On Sunday, June 6, 2021 at 12:00:22 AM UTC-4, Snag wrote:
>>
>>> I've gotten to the point that the only tater salad I'll eat is what
>>> my wife makes .

>> I hear you. I usually only eat the potato salad that I make. Everybody
>> else adds too damned much sugar.
>>
>> The exception is the vinaigrette potato salad at a local German restaurant.
>>
>> Cindy Hamilton

>====
>
> Please would you both share your recipes?

Not Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 06 Jun 2021 10:00:21 -0400, Boron Elgar
> [...]

>>> and you know, there is a lot of bacon it in, and though it has
>>> vinegar, it is not at all puckery, because I would never go near a
>>> sourish version.. Really yummy. I will look around for the directions
>>> though I have not seen the page in years.
>>>
>>> No force feeding, I promise.
>>>

>>Hmm. That one sounds interesting. Let me know if you find it.

>Found the one I believe I used-still awaiting input from Janet US, if
>she can shed any more light, but I know I have made this one
>successfully..
>
>This is from the ancient Time Life Foods of the World series. The book
>is over 50 years old. The whole series is interesting. Each country
>has 2 books to it- a large,hardcover picture book and a small spiral
>book that only has the recipes. Back in ancient times, it was a
>terrific advantage to be able to take the small spiral into the
>kitchen to work on a recipe.
>
>Most other warm German potato salads I have tried have almost double
>the vinegar, which puts them into no-no land for me. This ain't much.
>You can experiment with sharper or different vinegars if you choose.
>Do not bother with balsamic- ick. Don't ask me how I know.
>
>You can, of course, up the bacon ante.....
>
>http://foodsoftheworld.activeboards....topic5400.html
>
>To serve 6 to 8:
>
>1/2 cup finely chopped onions
>1/4 cup white wine or cider vinegar
>1/4 cup water
>1/2 teaspoon salt
>1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
>2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
>9 medium-sized boiling potatoes (about 3 pounds), scrubbed but not
>peeled
>1/2 pound bacon, finely diced (about 1.5 cups)
>
>Drop the unpeeled potatoes into enough boiling water to cover them
>completely. Boil them briskly until they show only the slightest
>resistance when pierced with the point of a sharp knife. Be careful
>not to let them overcook or they will fall apart when sliced. Drain
>the potatoes in a colander, then peel and cut them into 1/4-inch
>slices. Set the potatoes aside in a bowl tightly covered with aluminum
>foil.
>
>In a heavy 8- to 10-inch skillet, cook the bacon over moderate heat
>until brown and crisp. Spread it out on paper towels to drain. Add the
>onions to the fat remaining in the skillet and cook, stirring
>frequently, for 5 minutes, or until they are soft and transparent but
>not brown. Stir in the vinegar, water, salt and pepper, and cook,
>stirring constantly, for a minute or so. Pour the hot sauce over the
>potatoes, turning the slices about gently with a large spoon or
>spatula to coat them evenly with the onion-and-vinegar mixture. Gently
>stir the reserved bacon pieces into the salad. Taste for seasoning.
>
>Serve at once or cover and set the salad aside at room temperature
>until you are ready to serve it. Just before serving, stir the salad
>gently and sprinkle the top with parsley.

Not Dave Smith.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 6 Jun 2021 10:57:31 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:

>On Sunday, June 6, 2021 at 9:22:17 AM UTC-5, bruce bowser wrote:
>>
>> A foreigner might think that deviled egg may be something like devil's food or chocolate or something like that until they see the yellow with red specks. They might then wonder if there is a such thing as angelled egg.
>>

>Yes, they might if they were retarded. Why would they even equate eggs and
>chocolate being similar in taste?
>
>devil
>To coat food with a mixture of highly seasoned ingredients (e.g. mustard or hot spices).

Not Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 06 Jun 2021 08:40:55 -0600, US Janet >
wrote:

>On Sun, 06 Jun 2021 08:51:21 -0400, Boron Elgar
> wrote:
>
>>On Sun, 6 Jun 2021 12:16:43 +0100, S Viemeister
> wrote:

>>>I've _never_ added sugar to potato salad. I make it the way my mother
>>>did, and hers would be ruined by the addition of sweet stuff.

>>>I've never found a vinegary onne I would willingly eat.

>>Ooo, there was one bandied about here years ago. IIRC, Janet US was
>>one of the discussion participants, but I cannot recall whether it was
>>a recipe from her or something I dug up or had played with.
>>
>>I mention this as it is really a warm/room temp German potato salad,
>>and you know, there is a lot of bacon it in, and though it has
>>vinegar, it is not at all puckery, because I would never go near a
>>sourish version.. Really yummy. I will look around for the directions
>>though I have not seen the page in years.
>>
>>No force feeding, I promise.

>My mom's German potato salad, maybe?
>I recently gave that recipe to my grandson via text and I haven't been
>able to find my original since. Fortunately I had copied it my
>computer. I do miss that 3x5 card with all the stains on it ;((
>Yeah! Just found it! It was under SOUP!!
>Do you want the recipe again?
>Janet US

Not Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 06 Jun 2021 08:31:50 -0400, Sheldon Martin >
wrote:

>On Sun, 6 Jun 2021 12:08:27 +0100, Ophelia >
>wrote:

>>> I hear you. I usually only eat the potato salad that I make. Everybody
>>> else adds too damned much sugar.
>>>
>>> The exception is the vinaigrette potato salad at a local German restaurant.
>>>
>>> Cindy Hamilton

>>====
>>
>> Please would you both share your recipes?

>I generally follow the recipe from The 2nd Ave. Deli, but I omit the
>onions and I use russets instead of red potatoes. I use curly leaf
>parsley, and I add some diced bell pepper (red & green).
>https://www.amazon.com/2nd-Ave-Deli-... mat=1&depth=1
>Scroll down to see the recipes.

Not Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 06 Jun 2021 08:51:21 -0400, Boron Elgar
> wrote:

>On Sun, 6 Jun 2021 12:16:43 +0100, S Viemeister
> wrote:

>>> I hear you. I usually only eat the potato salad that I make. Everybody
>>> else adds too damned much sugar.
>>>

>>I've _never_ added sugar to potato salad. I make it the way my mother
>>did, and hers would be ruined by the addition of sweet stuff.
>>
>>> The exception is the vinaigrette potato salad at a local German restaurant.
>>>

>>I've never found a vinegary onne I would willingly eat.

>Ooo, there was one bandied about here years ago. IIRC, Janet US was
>one of the discussion participants, but I cannot recall whether it was
>a recipe from her or something I dug up or had played with.
>
>I mention this as it is really a warm/room temp German potato salad,
>and you know, there is a lot of bacon it in, and though it has
>vinegar, it is not at all puckery, because I would never go near a
>sourish version.. Really yummy. I will look around for the directions
>though I have not seen the page in years.
>
>No force feeding, I promise.

Not Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 6 Jun 2021 12:16:43 +0100, S Viemeister
> wrote:

>On 06/06/2021 10:21, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>> On Sunday, June 6, 2021 at 12:00:22 AM UTC-4, Snag wrote:
>>
>>> I've gotten to the point that the only tater salad I'll eat is what
>>> my wife makes .

>> I hear you. I usually only eat the potato salad that I make. Everybody
>> else adds too damned much sugar.
>>

>I've _never_ added sugar to potato salad. I make it the way my mother
>did, and hers would be ruined by the addition of sweet stuff.
>
>> The exception is the vinaigrette potato salad at a local German restaurant.
>>

>I've never found a vinegary onne I would willingly eat.

Not Dave Smith.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 6 Jun 2021 07:36:19 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Sunday, June 6, 2021 at 10:22:17 AM UTC-4, bruce bowser wrote:
>
>> A foreigner might think that deviled egg may be something like devil's food or chocolate or something like that until they see the yellow with red specks. They might then wonder if there is a such thing as angelled egg.

>It depends on the foreigner.
>
>[T]he term “devil” has been used since at least the 18th century to refer to highly
>seasoned foods[.]
>
><https://www.smithsonianmag.com/arts-culture/deviled-eggs-and-other-foods-from-hell-123267449/>
>
>And there's "Fra Diavolo" sauce:
>
><https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fra_diavolo_sauce>
>
>Deviled kidneys:
>
><https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Devilled_kidneys>
>

>Cindy Hamilton

Not Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 6 Jun 2021 07:39:03 -0700 (PDT), John Lorbal
> wrote:

>On Sunday, June 6, 2021 at 10:29:06 AM UTC-4, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

>> > ====
>> >
>> > Please would you both share your recipes?

>> Sorry, I don't really have a recipe. My grandmother taught me to make
>> potato salad, and there's a lot of "add vinegar until it looks right, then add
>> a little sugar to correct. Then add enough prepared yellow mustard."
>>
>> Cindy Hamilton

>Sounds good. If the PS is a tad too dry, I add chicken stock.

Not Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 6 Jun 2021 07:22:13 -0700 (PDT), bruce bowser
> wrote:

>On Friday, June 4, 2021 at 9:49:22 PM UTC-4, wrote:
>> On Friday, June 4, 2021 at 7:04:25 PM UTC-5, Sqwertz wrote:
>> >
>> > Is this a revived fad lately? It seems to be around here. Sprouts
>> > has one that's good, fair amount of egg and wet, but too sweet -
>> > and $4 quart. Also, Texas Kitchens has one, but hardly any egg,
>> > bland, not sweet, made from third-party drums of preserved shit all
>> > mixed together with more added preservative: $4 PINT.

https://www.ronsfoods.com/product/de...-potato-salad/

>> Kroger has about the same thing. Very wet and mushy and really
>> sweet. As much as I love potato salad I always pass right by this.

>A foreigner might think that deviled egg may be something like devil's food or chocolate or something like that until they see the yellow with red specks. They might then wonder if there is a such thing as angelled egg.

Not Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 06 Jun 2021 10:28:13 -0500, "cshenk"
> wrote:

>Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>
>> On Sunday, June 6, 2021 at 12:00:22 AM UTC-4, Snag wrote:
>>
>> > I've gotten to the point that the only tater salad I'll eat is what
>> > my wife makes .

>> I hear you. I usually only eat the potato salad that I make.
>> Everybody else adds too damned much sugar.
>>
>> The exception is the vinaigrette potato salad at a local German
>> restaurant.
>>
>> Cindy Hamilton

>Same here. My potato salad doesn't have eggs added either. No special
>reason for that, it just doesn't.
>
>It works like this (feel free to vary it as I do!)
>
>1-2lbs washed potatoes. We don't skin them unless Idaho and those
>aren't optimal (too floury).
>
>1/2-1cup sweet type onion (1/2c per lb potato)
>
>1/3-2/3c mayo (1/3c per lb potato)
>
>1-2 TBSP brown grainy or other mustard
>
>Optional:
>- Horseradish mixed in with the mayo, or may use wasabi powder.
>- Dill weed, more for color and slight flavor, don't go too crazy
>- Black pepper
>
>Cut potatoes to desired shape and boil to still firm but no longer 'raw
>tasting' (Microwave can be used). Drain and set aside to cool as you
>dice up desired amount of onion. Add mayo, mustard and any other bits
>plus small diced onions and mix then add to potatoes and gently toss it
>all.
>
>First served fairly hot, it chills to a fine cold potato salad too.
>
>Now there are many other versions that use vinegar and such. They are
>good too. This one is close to the 'USA Type' but not sweet. It's
>often served with a little tabasco or other hot sauce to add at serving
>time by the taste of the individuals eating it.

Not Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 07 Jun 2021 05:50:04 +1000, Dave Smith >
wrote:

>On Sun, 6 Jun 2021 07:37:54 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>>> Don't like Miracle Whip, it's too sweet, and I don't see the need for
>>> _any_ sugar in potato salad.

>>Ah, well. I thin out the mayonnaise with vinegar, then add just
>>a touch of sugar to bring the flavors back into balance.

>You're American. Upon birth, you signed a contract to add sugar to
>everything.

Not Dave Smith.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 06 Jun 2021 11:32:01 -0400, Boron Elgar
> wrote:

>On Sun, 06 Jun 2021 08:40:55 -0600, US Janet >
>wrote:
>
>>On Sun, 06 Jun 2021 08:51:21 -0400, Boron Elgar
> wrote:

>>>Ooo, there was one bandied about here years ago. IIRC, Janet US was
>>>one of the discussion participants, but I cannot recall whether it was
>>>a recipe from her or something I dug up or had played with.
>>>
>>>I mention this as it is really a warm/room temp German potato salad,
>>>and you know, there is a lot of bacon it in, and though it has
>>>vinegar, it is not at all puckery, because I would never go near a
>>>sourish version.. Really yummy. I will look around for the directions
>>>though I have not seen the page in years.
>>>
>>>No force feeding, I promise.

>>My mom's German potato salad, maybe?
>>I recently gave that recipe to my grandson via text and I haven't been
>>able to find my original since. Fortunately I had copied it my
>>computer. I do miss that 3x5 card with all the stains on it ;((
>>Yeah! Just found it! It was under SOUP!!
>>Do you want the recipe again?
>>Janet US

>I would LOVE the recipe. The Time Life one is all I can track from my
>own GPS recipes.

Not Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 06 Jun 2021 10:30:22 -0500, "cshenk"
> wrote:

>heyjoe wrote:
>
>> S Viemeister wrote:
>>
>> > I've never added sugar to potato salad. I make it the way my mother
>> > did, and hers would be ruined by the addition of sweet stuff.

>> Use Miracle Whip instead of mayonnaise and there's little need for
>> (extra) sugar.

>There's no need for any sugar at all in a potato salad.

Not Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 6 Jun 2021 13:41:36 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 >
wrote:

>On Sunday, June 6, 2021 at 9:50:11 AM UTC-10, Dave Smith wrote:
>> On Sun, 6 Jun 2021 07:37:54 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
>> > wrote:

>> >Ah, well. I thin out the mayonnaise with vinegar, then add just
>> >a touch of sugar to bring the flavors back into balance.

>> You're American. Upon birth, you signed a contract to add sugar to
>> everything.
>>
>> --
>> Not Dave Smith

>I sure signed the contract. I love sugar! Last night I made Okinawan Shoyu Pork. It was pretty awesome.It had a good amount of sugar. Those Okinawans must love sugar too.
>
>https://photos.app.goo.gl/42UtuYpxbLQuQ3qa7

Not Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 06 Jun 2021 15:27:41 -0400, Sheldon Martin >
wrote:

>On Sun, 6 Jun 2021 10:57:31 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:
>
>>On Sunday, June 6, 2021 at 9:22:17 AM UTC-5, bruce bowser wrote:
>>>
>>> A foreigner might think that deviled egg may be something like devil's food or chocolate or something like that until they see the yellow with red specks. They might then wonder if there is a such thing as angelled egg.
>>>

>>Yes, they might if they were retarded. Why would they even equate eggs and
>>chocolate being similar in taste?

>For Easter.

Not Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 6 Jun 2021 15:35:30 +0100, S Viemeister
> wrote:

>That doesn't look bad. I may try a small batch of that.
>Thanks.
>
>On 06/06/2021 15:00, Boron Elgar wrote:
>
>> Found the one I believe I used-still awaiting input from Janet US, if
>> she can shed any more light, but I know I have made this one
>> successfully..
>>
>> This is from the ancient Time Life Foods of the World series. The book
>> is over 50 years old. The whole series is interesting. Each country
>> has 2 books to it- a large,hardcover picture book and a small spiral
>> book that only has the recipes. Back in ancient times, it was a
>> terrific advantage to be able to take the small spiral into the
>> kitchen to work on a recipe.
>>
>> Most other warm German potato salads I have tried have almost double
>> the vinegar, which puts them into no-no land for me. This ain't much.
>> You can experiment with sharper or different vinegars if you choose.
>> Do not bother with balsamic- ick. Don't ask me how I know.
>>
>> You can, of course, up the bacon ante.....
>>
>> http://foodsoftheworld.activeboards....topic5400.html
>>
>> To serve 6 to 8:
>>
>> 1/2 cup finely chopped onions
>> 1/4 cup white wine or cider vinegar
>> 1/4 cup water
>> 1/2 teaspoon salt
>> 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
>> 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
>> 9 medium-sized boiling potatoes (about 3 pounds), scrubbed but not
>> peeled
>> 1/2 pound bacon, finely diced (about 1.5 cups)
>>
>> Drop the unpeeled potatoes into enough boiling water to cover them
>> completely. Boil them briskly until they show only the slightest
>> resistance when pierced with the point of a sharp knife. Be careful
>> not to let them overcook or they will fall apart when sliced. Drain
>> the potatoes in a colander, then peel and cut them into 1/4-inch
>> slices. Set the potatoes aside in a bowl tightly covered with aluminum
>> foil.
>>
>> In a heavy 8- to 10-inch skillet, cook the bacon over moderate heat
>> until brown and crisp. Spread it out on paper towels to drain. Add the
>> onions to the fat remaining in the skillet and cook, stirring
>> frequently, for 5 minutes, or until they are soft and transparent but
>> not brown. Stir in the vinegar, water, salt and pepper, and cook,
>> stirring constantly, for a minute or so. Pour the hot sauce over the
>> potatoes, turning the slices about gently with a large spoon or
>> spatula to coat them evenly with the onion-and-vinegar mixture. Gently
>> stir the reserved bacon pieces into the salad. Taste for seasoning.
>>
>> Serve at once or cover and set the salad aside at room temperature
>> until you are ready to serve it. Just before serving, stir the salad
>> gently and sprinkle the top with parsley.

Not Dave Smith.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
GM GM is offline

dsi1 wrote:

> On Sunday, June 6, 2021 at 9:50:11 AM UTC-10, Dave Smith wrote:
> > On Sun, 6 Jun 2021 07:37:54 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> > > wrote:

> > >Ah, well. I thin out the mayonnaise with vinegar, then add just
> > >a touch of sugar to bring the flavors back into balance.

> > You're American. Upon birth, you signed a contract to add sugar to
> > everything.
> >
> > --
> > Not Dave Smith

> I sure signed the contract. I love sugar! Last night I made Okinawan Shoyu Pork. It was pretty awesome.It had a good amount of sugar. Those Okinawans must love sugar too.
>
> https://photos.app.goo.gl/42UtuYpxbLQuQ3qa7

Your fingernails are very dirty...

--
GM
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, June 6, 2021 at 3:50:11 PM UTC-4, Dave Smith wrote:
> On Sun, 6 Jun 2021 07:37:54 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> > wrote:

> >> Don't like Miracle Whip, it's too sweet, and I don't see the need for
> >> _any_ sugar in potato salad.

> >Ah, well. I thin out the mayonnaise with vinegar, then add just
> >a touch of sugar to bring the flavors back into balance.

> You're American. Upon birth, you signed a contract to add sugar to
> everything.

https://www.cookingbites.com/threads...ef-stew.18492/

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 7 Jun 2021 02:02:14 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Sunday, June 6, 2021 at 3:50:11 PM UTC-4, Dave Smith wrote:
>> On Sun, 6 Jun 2021 07:37:54 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
>> > wrote:

>> >Ah, well. I thin out the mayonnaise with vinegar, then add just
>> >a touch of sugar to bring the flavors back into balance.

>> You're American. Upon birth, you signed a contract to add sugar to
>> everything.

>https://www.cookingbites.com/threads...ef-stew.18492/

I guess you can't make a Limburgian sweet and sour stew without adding
sugar, I mean without adding sweat and sour molasses

--
Not Dave Smith
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 7 Jun 2021 02:02:14 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Sunday, June 6, 2021 at 3:50:11 PM UTC-4, Dave Smith wrote:
>> On Sun, 6 Jun 2021 07:37:54 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
>> > wrote:

>> >Ah, well. I thin out the mayonnaise with vinegar, then add just
>> >a touch of sugar to bring the flavors back into balance.

>> You're American. Upon birth, you signed a contract to add sugar to
>> everything.

>https://www.cookingbites.com/threads...ef-stew.18492/
>
>Cindy Hamilton

NDS

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 07 Jun 2021 19:29:06 +1000, Dave Smith >
wrote:

>On Mon, 7 Jun 2021 02:02:14 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:
>
>>On Sunday, June 6, 2021 at 3:50:11 PM UTC-4, Dave Smith wrote:
>>> On Sun, 6 Jun 2021 07:37:54 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton

>>> You're American. Upon birth, you signed a contract to add sugar to
>>> everything.

>>https://www.cookingbites.com/threads...ef-stew.18492/

>I guess you can't make a Limburgian sweet and sour stew without adding
>sugar, I mean without adding sweat and sour molasses

NDS
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/6/2021 5:42 AM, Dave Smith wrote:
> On Sun, 6 Jun 2021 02:21:01 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> > wrote:
>
>> On Sunday, June 6, 2021 at 12:00:22 AM UTC-4, Snag wrote:
>>
>>> I've gotten to the point that the only tater salad I'll eat is what
>>> my wife makes .

>> I hear you. I usually only eat the potato salad that I make. Everybody
>> else adds too damned much sugar.

> You don't know how much sugar Snag's wife adds.

None , not so much as a single grain of sugar added .
--
Snag
Race only matters to racists ...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/6/2021 6:08 AM, Ophelia wrote:
> On 06/06/2021 10:21, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>> On Sunday, June 6, 2021 at 12:00:22 AM UTC-4, Snag wrote:
>>
>>> I've gotten to the point that the only tater salad I'll eat is what
>>> my wife makes .

>> I hear you.Â* I usually only eat the potato salad that I make.Â* Everybody
>> else adds too damned much sugar.
>>
>> The exception is the vinaigrette potato salad at a local German
>> restaurant.
>>
>> Cindy Hamilton

> ====
>
> Â* Please would you both share your recipes?

I'll have to ask my wife for the recipe - she has her recipe box , I
have mine , and seldom the twain shall meat ...
--
Snag
Race only matters to racists ...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 7 Jun 2021 06:37:23 -0500, Snag > wrote:

>On 6/6/2021 5:42 AM, Dave Smith wrote:
>> On Sun, 6 Jun 2021 02:21:01 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
>> > wrote:

>>> I hear you. I usually only eat the potato salad that I make. Everybody
>>> else adds too damned much sugar.

>> You don't know how much sugar Snag's wife adds.
>>

> None , not so much as a single grain of sugar added .

Good on her.

--
Dave Smith
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, June 6, 2021 at 4:41:40 PM UTC-4, dsi1 wrote:
> On Sunday, June 6, 2021 at 9:50:11 AM UTC-10, Dave Smith wrote:
> > On Sun, 6 Jun 2021 07:37:54 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> > > wrote:

> > >Ah, well. I thin out the mayonnaise with vinegar, then add just
> > >a touch of sugar to bring the flavors back into balance.

> > You're American. Upon birth, you signed a contract to add sugar to
> > everything.
> >
> > --
> > Not Dave Smith

> I sure signed the contract. I love sugar! Last night I made Okinawan Shoyu Pork. It was pretty awesome.It had a good amount of sugar. Those Okinawans must love sugar too.

The dentists must love all that too, over there.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, June 7, 2021 at 7:37:29 AM UTC-4, Snag wrote:
> On 6/6/2021 5:42 AM, Dave Smith wrote:
> > On Sun, 6 Jun 2021 02:21:01 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> > > wrote:

> >> I hear you. I usually only eat the potato salad that I make. Everybody
> >> else adds too damned much sugar.

> > You don't know how much sugar Snag's wife adds.
> >

> None , not so much as a single grain of sugar added .

Does she add pickle relish?

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, June 7, 2021 at 5:21:36 AM UTC-10, bruce bowser wrote:
> On Sunday, June 6, 2021 at 4:41:40 PM UTC-4, dsi1 wrote:
> > On Sunday, June 6, 2021 at 9:50:11 AM UTC-10, Dave Smith wrote:
> > > On Sun, 6 Jun 2021 07:37:54 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton

> > > You're American. Upon birth, you signed a contract to add sugar to
> > > everything.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Not Dave Smith

> > I sure signed the contract. I love sugar! Last night I made Okinawan Shoyu Pork. It was pretty awesome.It had a good amount of sugar. Those Okinawans must love sugar too.

> The dentists must love all that too, over there.

Dentists got to eat and make boat payments too. It's in my contract that I eat at least one bag of these this candy season. It's exploded milk duds. Puffing them up makes that horrible candy edible. Unfortunately, puffing them up makes them less dentist friendly i.e., they're less likely to pull out your fillings. Sorry.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/SEQpaQ7vxB2WHtFBA
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 7 Jun 2021 10:00:58 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Monday, June 7, 2021 at 7:37:29 AM UTC-4, Snag wrote:
>> On 6/6/2021 5:42 AM, Dave Smith wrote:
>> > On Sun, 6 Jun 2021 02:21:01 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton

>> > You don't know how much sugar Snag's wife adds.
>> >

>> None , not so much as a single grain of sugar added .

>Does she add pickle relish?
>
>Cindy Hamilton

Ba-Da-Bing! I decided not to ask that ;o))
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 07 Jun 2021 13:08:11 -0600, US Janet >
wrote:

>On Mon, 7 Jun 2021 10:00:58 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>>> None , not so much as a single grain of sugar added .

>>Does she add pickle relish?
>>
>>Cindy Hamilton

>Ba-Da-Bing! I decided not to ask that ;o))
>Janet US

Not Dave Smith
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 7 Jun 2021 10:00:58 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Monday, June 7, 2021 at 7:37:29 AM UTC-4, Snag wrote:
>> On 6/6/2021 5:42 AM, Dave Smith wrote:
>> > On Sun, 6 Jun 2021 02:21:01 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton

>> > You don't know how much sugar Snag's wife adds.
>> >

>> None , not so much as a single grain of sugar added .

>Does she add pickle relish?
>
>Cindy Hamilton

Not Dave Smith

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 7 Jun 2021 06:38:42 -0500, Snag > wrote:

>On 6/6/2021 6:08 AM, Ophelia wrote:

>>> I hear you.* I usually only eat the potato salad that I make.* Everybody
>>> else adds too damned much sugar.
>>>
>>> The exception is the vinaigrette potato salad at a local German
>>> restaurant.
>>>
>>> Cindy Hamilton

>> ====
>>
>> * Please would you both share your recipes?
>>

> I'll have to ask my wife for the recipe - she has her recipe box , I
>have mine , and seldom the twain shall meat ...

Not Dave Smith
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 7 Jun 2021 06:37:23 -0500, Snag > wrote:

>On 6/6/2021 5:42 AM, Dave Smith wrote:
>> On Sun, 6 Jun 2021 02:21:01 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
>> > wrote:

>>> I hear you. I usually only eat the potato salad that I make. Everybody
>>> else adds too damned much sugar.

>> You don't know how much sugar Snag's wife adds.
>>

> None , not so much as a single grain of sugar added .

Not Dave Smith
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 07 Jun 2021 21:52:30 +1000, Dave Smith >
wrote:

>On Mon, 7 Jun 2021 06:37:23 -0500, Snag > wrote:
>
>>On 6/6/2021 5:42 AM, Dave Smith wrote:
>>> On Sun, 6 Jun 2021 02:21:01 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton

>>> You don't know how much sugar Snag's wife adds.
>>>

>> None , not so much as a single grain of sugar added .

>Good on her.

Not Dave Smith

Devilled eggs lucretia General Cooking 8 18-06-2017 08:35 PM
REC - Laguna Pasta Salad / Fennel, Lettuce and Lime Salad - RFCCookbook page 17 Rusty[_1_] General Cooking 0 07-03-2009 10:01 PM
REC - Laguna Pasta Salad / Fennel, Lettuce and Lime Salad - RFCCookbook page 17 Rusty[_1_] Recipes 0 05-03-2009 11:17 PM
Devilled Sausages James Lanka Recipes (moderated) 0 05-01-2009 03:59 PM
Any tips for making a *lot* of devilled eggs? zxcvbob General Cooking 101 13-10-2007 03:54 AM