Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Fat Ladies pork & clams

Oh sure, they were easy to make fun of, but the food, oh the food they
turned out...

https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/...recipe-1919036

Ingredients

4 cloves garlic

2 tablespoons salt

1 1/2 pound pork loin

2 tablespoons chili sauce

4 tablespoons lard

2 pounds clams

Directions
Mix the garlic and salt and crush into a paste. Brush the meat with the
paste, then chili sauce, cover and refrigerate for 24 hours.
Cut the meat into 1 to 2-inch cubes.

Wash the clams thoroughly in several changes of water. Fry the meat in
the lard for 10 minutes, or until brown. Add the clams and cook over a
high heat so they open quickly, discard any that do not open.
Serve at once.

https://www.goodchefbadchef.com.au/w...51-700x404.jpg
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, May 31, 2021 at 12:48:08 PM UTC-4, wolfy's new skateboard wrote:
> Oh sure, they were easy to make fun of, but the food, oh the food they
> turned out...
>
> https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/...recipe-1919036
>
> Ingredients
>

> 4 cloves garlic
>
> 2 tablespoons salt
>
> 1 1/2 pound pork loin
>
> 2 tablespoons chili sauce
>
> 4 tablespoons lard
>
> 2 pounds clams
>
> Directions
> Mix the garlic and salt and crush into a paste. Brush the meat with the
> paste, then chili sauce, cover and refrigerate for 24 hours.
> Cut the meat into 1 to 2-inch cubes.
>
> Wash the clams thoroughly in several changes of water. Fry the meat in
> the lard for 10 minutes, or until brown. Add the clams and cook over a
> high heat so they open quickly, discard any that do not open.
> Serve at once.
>
> https://www.goodchefbadchef.com.au/w...51-700x404.jpg

I recall that episode. In a spate of synchronicity, Good Eats and Iron Chef
both used pork and clams together that same week.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/31/2021 11:24 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Monday, May 31, 2021 at 12:48:08 PM UTC-4, wolfy's new skateboard wrote:
>> Oh sure, they were easy to make fun of, but the food, oh the food they
>> turned out...
>>
>> https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/...recipe-1919036
>>
>> Ingredients
>>

>> 4 cloves garlic
>>
>> 2 tablespoons salt
>>
>> 1 1/2 pound pork loin
>>
>> 2 tablespoons chili sauce
>>
>> 4 tablespoons lard
>>
>> 2 pounds clams
>>
>> Directions
>> Mix the garlic and salt and crush into a paste. Brush the meat with the
>> paste, then chili sauce, cover and refrigerate for 24 hours.
>> Cut the meat into 1 to 2-inch cubes.
>>
>> Wash the clams thoroughly in several changes of water. Fry the meat in
>> the lard for 10 minutes, or until brown. Add the clams and cook over a
>> high heat so they open quickly, discard any that do not open.
>> Serve at once.
>>
>> https://www.goodchefbadchef.com.au/w...51-700x404.jpg

> I recall that episode. In a spate of synchronicity, Good Eats and Iron Chef
> both used pork and clams together that same week.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

Quite the happenstance, as if synchronicities are not planned, lol.

Twas simple hearty fare and if memory hole serves it was served to some
boarding school waifs?

Harry Potter never ate so well.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 31 May 2021 10:24:19 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Monday, May 31, 2021 at 12:48:08 PM UTC-4, wolfy's new skateboard wrote:
>> Oh sure, they were easy to make fun of, but the food, oh the food they
>> turned out...
>>
>> https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/...recipe-1919036
>>
>> Ingredients
>>

>> 4 cloves garlic
>>
>> 2 tablespoons salt
>>
>> 1 1/2 pound pork loin
>>
>> 2 tablespoons chili sauce
>>
>> 4 tablespoons lard
>>
>> 2 pounds clams
>>
>> Directions
>> Mix the garlic and salt and crush into a paste. Brush the meat with the
>> paste, then chili sauce, cover and refrigerate for 24 hours.
>> Cut the meat into 1 to 2-inch cubes.
>>
>> Wash the clams thoroughly in several changes of water. Fry the meat in
>> the lard for 10 minutes, or until brown. Add the clams and cook over a
>> high heat so they open quickly, discard any that do not open.
>> Serve at once.
>>
>> https://www.goodchefbadchef.com.au/w...51-700x404.jpg

>I recall that episode. In a spate of synchronicity, Good Eats and Iron Chef
>both used pork and clams together that same week.
>
>Cindy Hamilton

The other Dave Smith.

Recipe ideas - pork and clams Paul M. Cook General Cooking 8 07-04-2014 09:15 PM
Two Old Ladies Brooklyn1 General Cooking 1 21-04-2011 05:01 PM
Pork and Clams East Meets West Style (Alentejana) Lavanda Recipes (moderated) 0 27-10-2006 05:12 PM
For the ladies Wayne General Cooking 0 30-09-2006 03:46 PM
"Old Ladies On A Bus" Duckie ® Recipes 0 02-07-2005 07:58 PM