Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Sam's sliders - truffle alert, Hawaiian rolls too!

https://youtu.be/D3ODBK283ko

Truffle Burger Sliders (with Wagyu Beef!)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, May 30, 2021 at 10:58:43 AM UTC-10, wolfy's new skateboard wrote:
> https://youtu.be/D3ODBK283ko
>
> Truffle Burger Sliders (with Wagyu Beef!)

In college, I made a round Italian loaf, split it in half and stuffed it with seasoned ground beef. People just dig a giant sandwich! As far as Hawaiian rolls goes, you can thank the Portuguese for that!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBoSleB-SaU
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/30/2021 3:38 PM, dsi1 wrote:
> On Sunday, May 30, 2021 at 10:58:43 AM UTC-10, wolfy's new skateboard wrote:
>> https://youtu.be/D3ODBK283ko
>>
>> Truffle Burger Sliders (with Wagyu Beef!)

> In college, I made a round Italian loaf, split it in half and stuffed it with seasoned ground beef. People just dig a giant sandwich!

Hah, you predated Schlotzky's!

https://i2.wp.com/somecontrast.com/b...t-sandwich.jpg

https://urbandiningguide.com/wp-cont...-Guacamole.jpg

> As far as Hawaiian rolls goes, you can thank the Portuguese for that!
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBoSleB-SaU

I'll like that and raise you:

https://youtu.be/k3Qytm9kne8

https://youtu.be/LQ74T6qpuVQ

:-p
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 30 May 2021 14:38:17 -0700 (PDT), dsi1
> wrote:

>On Sunday, May 30, 2021 at 10:58:43 AM UTC-10, wolfy's new skateboard wrote:
>> https://youtu.be/D3ODBK283ko
>>
>> Truffle Burger Sliders (with Wagyu Beef!)

>In college, I made a round Italian loaf, split it in half and stuffed it with seasoned ground beef. People just dig a giant sandwich! As far as Hawaiian rolls goes, you can thank the Portuguese for that!
>
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBoSleB-SaU

This is a message from the other Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, May 30, 2021 at 4:38:21 PM UTC-5, dsi1 wrote:
> On Sunday, May 30, 2021 at 10:58:43 AM UTC-10, wolfy's new skateboard wrote:
> > https://youtu.be/D3ODBK283ko
> >
> > Truffle Burger Sliders (with Wagyu Beef!)

> In college, I made a round Italian loaf, split it in half and stuffed it with seasoned ground beef. People just dig a giant sandwich! As far as Hawaiian rolls goes, you can thank the Portuguese for that!
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBoSleB-SaU

The geese that wander the grounds of the University of Portland are Port U geese.

--Bryan

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/30/2021 4:23 PM, Bryan Simmons wrote:
> On Sunday, May 30, 2021 at 4:38:21 PM UTC-5, dsi1 wrote:
>> On Sunday, May 30, 2021 at 10:58:43 AM UTC-10, wolfy's new skateboard wrote:
>>> https://youtu.be/D3ODBK283ko
>>>
>>> Truffle Burger Sliders (with Wagyu Beef!)

>> In college, I made a round Italian loaf, split it in half and stuffed it with seasoned ground beef. People just dig a giant sandwich! As far as Hawaiian rolls goes, you can thank the Portuguese for that!
>>
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBoSleB-SaU
>>

> The geese that wander the grounds of the University of Portland are Port U geese.
>>

> --Bryan

They'll de damned lucky if they don't end up Antifa'd to cinders like
the elk did:

https://buckbreeders.com/wp-content/...1-1080x675.jpg
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, May 30, 2021 at 11:43:17 AM UTC-10, wolfy's new skateboard wrote:
> On 5/30/2021 3:38 PM, dsi1 wrote:
> > On Sunday, May 30, 2021 at 10:58:43 AM UTC-10, wolfy's new skateboard wrote:
> >> https://youtu.be/D3ODBK283ko
> >>
> >> Truffle Burger Sliders (with Wagyu Beef!)

> > In college, I made a round Italian loaf, split it in half and stuffed it with seasoned ground beef. People just dig a giant sandwich!

> Hah, you predated Schlotzky's!
>
> https://i2.wp.com/somecontrast.com/b...t-sandwich.jpg
>
> https://urbandiningguide.com/wp-cont...-Guacamole.jpg
> > As far as Hawaiian rolls goes, you can thank the Portuguese for that!
> >
> > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBoSleB-SaU
> >

> I'll like that and raise you:
>

> https://youtu.be/k3Qytm9kne8
>
> https://youtu.be/LQ74T6qpuVQ
>

> :-p

That's pretty good stuff. My son came into my bedroom the other day with a big box of Leonard's malasadas. At my advanced age, that kind of stuff sits heavy in my tummy. "I got hot malasadas!" he said excitedly. That was so weird. I didn't really want one but I figure that I could drop dead at any time so I decided to make an effort and eat one. It was okay, I guess. Now I can die.
Hawaii is also crazy about Portuguese sausage aka, linquica and Portuguese bean soup, and, most importantly, the ukulele. Thanks Portuguese people!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-un-LUjRX14
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, May 30, 2021 at 12:23:07 PM UTC-10, wrote:
> On Sunday, May 30, 2021 at 4:38:21 PM UTC-5, dsi1 wrote:
> > On Sunday, May 30, 2021 at 10:58:43 AM UTC-10, wolfy's new skateboard wrote:
> > > https://youtu.be/D3ODBK283ko
> > >
> > > Truffle Burger Sliders (with Wagyu Beef!)

> > In college, I made a round Italian loaf, split it in half and stuffed it with seasoned ground beef. People just dig a giant sandwich! As far as Hawaiian rolls goes, you can thank the Portuguese for that!
> >
> > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBoSleB-SaU
> >

> The geese that wander the grounds of the University of Portland are Port U geese.
> >

> --Bryan

https://photos.app.goo.gl/SDxyidjAJ1y6aYWA7
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 30 May 2021 15:50:48 -0700 (PDT), dsi1
> wrote:

>On Sunday, May 30, 2021 at 12:23:07 PM UTC-10, wrote:

>> > In college, I made a round Italian loaf, split it in half and stuffed it with seasoned ground beef. People just dig a giant sandwich! As far as Hawaiian rolls goes, you can thank the Portuguese for that!
>> >
>> > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBoSleB-SaU
>> >

>> The geese that wander the grounds of the University of Portland are Port U geese.
>> >

>> --Bryan

>https://photos.app.goo.gl/SDxyidjAJ1y6aYWA7

This is a message from the other Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/30/2021 4:50 PM, dsi1 wrote:
> On Sunday, May 30, 2021 at 12:23:07 PM UTC-10, wrote:

>>> In college, I made a round Italian loaf, split it in half and stuffed it with seasoned ground beef. People just dig a giant sandwich! As far as Hawaiian rolls goes, you can thank the Portuguese for that!
>>>
>>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBoSleB-SaU
>>>

>> The geese that wander the grounds of the University of Portland are Port U geese.
>>>

>> --Bryan

> https://photos.app.goo.gl/SDxyidjAJ1y6aYWA7

Startling likeness, has he an Eva to brown off?

;-))))

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/30/2021 4:45 PM, dsi1 wrote:
> On Sunday, May 30, 2021 at 11:43:17 AM UTC-10, wolfy's new skateboard wrote:

>>> In college, I made a round Italian loaf, split it in half and stuffed it with seasoned ground beef. People just dig a giant sandwich!

>> Hah, you predated Schlotzky's!
>>
>> https://i2.wp.com/somecontrast.com/b...t-sandwich.jpg
>>
>> https://urbandiningguide.com/wp-cont...-Guacamole.jpg
>>> As far as Hawaiian rolls goes, you can thank the Portuguese for that!
>>>
>>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBoSleB-SaU
>>>

>> I'll like that and raise you:
>>

>> https://youtu.be/k3Qytm9kne8
>>
>> https://youtu.be/LQ74T6qpuVQ
>>

>> :-p

> That's pretty good stuff. My son came into my bedroom the other day with a big box of Leonard's malasadas. At my advanced age, that kind of stuff sits heavy in my tummy. "I got hot malasadas!" he said excitedly. That was so weird. I didn't really want one but I figure that I could drop dead at any time so I decided to make an effort and eat one. It was okay, I guess. Now I can die.
> Hawaii is also crazy about Portuguese sausage aka, linquica and Portuguese bean soup, and, most importantly, the ukulele. Thanks Portuguese people!
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-un-LUjRX14

Islanders melding with islanders, seems legit.

I'll help out with those malasadas if you like.

;-p
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 30 May 2021 15:45:28 -0700 (PDT), dsi1
> wrote:

>On Sunday, May 30, 2021 at 11:43:17 AM UTC-10, wolfy's new skateboard wrote:

>> > In college, I made a round Italian loaf, split it in half and stuffed it with seasoned ground beef. People just dig a giant sandwich!

>> Hah, you predated Schlotzky's!
>>
>> https://i2.wp.com/somecontrast.com/b...t-sandwich.jpg
>>
>> https://urbandiningguide.com/wp-cont...-Guacamole.jpg
>> > As far as Hawaiian rolls goes, you can thank the Portuguese for that!
>> >
>> > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBoSleB-SaU
>> >

>> I'll like that and raise you:
>>

>> https://youtu.be/k3Qytm9kne8
>>
>> https://youtu.be/LQ74T6qpuVQ
>>

>> :-p

>That's pretty good stuff. My son came into my bedroom the other day with a big box of Leonard's malasadas. At my advanced age, that kind of stuff sits heavy in my tummy. "I got hot malasadas!" he said excitedly. That was so weird. I didn't really want one but I figure that I could drop dead at any time so I decided to make an effort and eat one. It was okay, I guess. Now I can die.
>Hawaii is also crazy about Portuguese sausage aka, linquica and Portuguese bean soup, and, most importantly, the ukulele. Thanks Portuguese people!
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-un-LUjRX14

The other Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 30 May 2021 15:23:04 -0700 (PDT), Bryan Simmons
> wrote:

>On Sunday, May 30, 2021 at 4:38:21 PM UTC-5, dsi1 wrote:
>> On Sunday, May 30, 2021 at 10:58:43 AM UTC-10, wolfy's new skateboard wrote:
>> > https://youtu.be/D3ODBK283ko
>> >
>> > Truffle Burger Sliders (with Wagyu Beef!)

>> In college, I made a round Italian loaf, split it in half and stuffed it with seasoned ground beef. People just dig a giant sandwich! As far as Hawaiian rolls goes, you can thank the Portuguese for that!
>>
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBoSleB-SaU
>>

>The geese that wander the grounds of the University of Portland are Port U geese.
>>

>--Bryan

The other Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, May 30, 2021 at 7:55:16 PM UTC-4, wolfy's new skateboard wrote:
> On 5/30/2021 4:45 PM, dsi1 wrote:

> >> Hah, you predated Schlotzky's!
> >>
> >> https://i2.wp.com/somecontrast.com/b...t-sandwich.jpg
> >>
> >> https://urbandiningguide.com/wp-cont...-Guacamole.jpg

> >> I'll like that and raise you:
> >>

> >> https://youtu.be/k3Qytm9kne8
> >>
> >> https://youtu.be/LQ74T6qpuVQ
> >>

> >> :-p

> > That's pretty good stuff. My son came into my bedroom the other day with a big box of Leonard's malasadas. At my advanced age, that kind of stuff sits heavy in my tummy. "I got hot malasadas!" he said excitedly. That was so weird. I didn't really want one but I figure that I could drop dead at any time so I decided to make an effort and eat one. It was okay, I guess. Now I can die.
> > Hawaii is also crazy about Portuguese sausage aka, linquica and Portuguese bean soup, and, most importantly, the ukulele. Thanks Portuguese people!
> > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-un-LUjRX14
> >

> Islanders melding with islanders, seems legit.

Portugal isn't an island.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 31 May 2021 02:09:58 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Sunday, May 30, 2021 at 7:55:16 PM UTC-4, wolfy's new skateboard wrote:
>> On 5/30/2021 4:45 PM, dsi1 wrote:
>> >
>> > That's pretty good stuff. My son came into my bedroom the other day with a big box of Leonard's malasadas. At my advanced age, that kind of stuff sits heavy in my tummy. "I got hot malasadas!" he said excitedly. That was so weird. I didn't really want one but I figure that I could drop dead at any time so I decided to make an effort and eat one. It was okay, I guess. Now I can die.
>> > Hawaii is also crazy about Portuguese sausage aka, linquica and Portuguese bean soup, and, most importantly, the ukulele. Thanks Portuguese people!
>> > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-un-LUjRX14
>> >

>> Islanders melding with islanders, seems legit.

>Portugal isn't an island.

LOL. True, unless right-wing media say otherwise, of course.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 31 May 2021 19:19:38 +1000, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>On Mon, 31 May 2021 02:09:58 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>>> Islanders melding with islanders, seems legit.

>>Portugal isn't an island.

>LOL. True, unless right-wing media say otherwise, of course.

The other Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 31 May 2021 02:09:58 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Sunday, May 30, 2021 at 7:55:16 PM UTC-4, wolfy's new skateboard wrote:

>> > That's pretty good stuff. My son came into my bedroom the other day with a big box of Leonard's malasadas. At my advanced age, that kind of stuff sits heavy in my tummy. "I got hot malasadas!" he said excitedly. That was so weird. I didn't really want one but I figure that I could drop dead at any time so I decided to make an effort and eat one. It was okay, I guess. Now I can die.
>> > Hawaii is also crazy about Portuguese sausage aka, linquica and Portuguese bean soup, and, most importantly, the ukulele. Thanks Portuguese people!
>> > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-un-LUjRX14
>> >

>> Islanders melding with islanders, seems legit.

>Portugal isn't an island.
>
>Cindy Hamilton

The other Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/31/2021 5:09 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

>>> That's pretty good stuff. My son came into my bedroom the other day with a big box of Leonard's malasadas. At my advanced age, that kind of stuff sits heavy in my tummy. "I got hot malasadas!" he said excitedly. That was so weird. I didn't really want one but I figure that I could drop dead at any time so I decided to make an effort and eat one. It was okay, I guess. Now I can die.
>>> Hawaii is also crazy about Portuguese sausage aka, linquica and Portuguese bean soup, and, most importantly, the ukulele. Thanks Portuguese people!
>>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-un-LUjRX14
>>>

>> Islanders melding with islanders, seems legit.

> Portugal isn't an island.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

If you spend a few hours with a backhoe it could be set adrift.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/31/2021 3:09 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Sunday, May 30, 2021 at 7:55:16 PM UTC-4, wolfy's new skateboard wrote:

>>> That's pretty good stuff. My son came into my bedroom the other day with a big box of Leonard's malasadas. At my advanced age, that kind of stuff sits heavy in my tummy. "I got hot malasadas!" he said excitedly. That was so weird. I didn't really want one but I figure that I could drop dead at any time so I decided to make an effort and eat one. It was okay, I guess. Now I can die.
>>> Hawaii is also crazy about Portuguese sausage aka, linquica and Portuguese bean soup, and, most importantly, the ukulele. Thanks Portuguese people!
>>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-un-LUjRX14
>>>

>> Islanders melding with islanders, seems legit.

> Portugal isn't an island.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

But the Azores are!

And they're also Portuguese.

And they also sent many of the first Portuguese emigres to Hawaii!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portug...tion_to_Hawaii

Portuguese immigration to Hawaii began in 1878 when Portuguese residents
made up less than 1% of the Island population. However, the migration
that began that year of laborers from Madeira and the Azores to work in
the sugarcane plantations rapidly increased the Portuguese presence in
Hawaii, and by the end of 1911 nearly 16,000 Portuguese immigrants had
arrived.

Jason Perry (Jacinto Pereira), a Portuguese settler who served as the
Portuguese Consul to Hawaii, suggested in 1876 to plantation owners of
the Planters' Society (a predecessor of the Hawaiian Sugar Planters'
Association) that the Madeira and Azores Islands of Portugal might be
ideal sources of reliable workers.[4] Portuguese colonists had first
settled these islands in the Middle Ages, and the terrain and
subtropical climate were very similar to that of the Hawaiian Islands.
More important though, sugarcane had been the mainstay of the economy in
Madeira and the Azores for over 400 years, and most of the population
was involved in one way or another in the sugarcane industry.[6]

Intrigued by Perry's suggestion, the Planters' Society began recruiting
Portuguese contract workers, first in 1878 from the Madeira Islands, and
then two years later from the Azores as well. Several ships between 1878
and 1887 brought to Hawaii more than 3,300 Portuguese men from these
islands, but because many of the men brought their wives, children, and
other relations as well, there was an actual immigration during these
years of about 10,700 Portuguese.[4] Whereas contracts for the Chinese
workers that preceded them generally stipulated single men only, the
Portuguese were allowed to bring their families, an incentive that the
plantation owners hoped would provide stability.[6] Prior to
independence in 1975, many Cape Verdeans emigrated to Hawaii from
drought-stricken Portuguese Cape Verde, formerly an overseas province of
Portugal. Because these people arrived using their Portuguese passports,
they were registered as Portuguese immigrants by the Hawaiian (and
later, the American) authorities.

Portuguese immigration to the islands slowed after 1887, which was the
same year that King Kalākaua was stripped of power, and about the same
time that importation of other ethnic groups increased. Nonetheless,
Portuguese immigration continued, and by the end of 1911 almost 16,000
Portuguese had arrived. Unfortunately, the more affluent members of
Hawaiian society tended to view these newcomers as inferior or "low
class", and growing resentment at being treated as "second-class
citizens", resulted in many Portuguese later emigrating to the mainland
United States, particularly California, in search of equality and
opportunity.[6][8] Though many left, many stayed and by 1910 Portuguese
residents made up 11.6% of the population of Hawaii.[9]

Satisfied dear?>|
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/31/2021 3:19 AM, Dave Smith wrote:
> [...]

they were registered as Portuguese immigrants by the Hawaiian (and
later, the American) authorities.

Portuguese immigration to the islands slowed after 1887, which was the
same year that King Kalākaua was stripped of power, and about the same
time that importation of other ethnic groups increased. Nonetheless,
Portuguese immigration continued, and by the end of 1911 almost 16,000
Portuguese had arrived. Unfortunately, the more affluent members of
Hawaiian society tended to view these newcomers as inferior or "low
class", and growing resentment at being treated as "second-class
citizens", resulted in many Portuguese later emigrating to the mainland
United States, particularly California, in search of equality and
opportunity.[6][8] Though many left, many stayed and by 1910 Portuguese
residents made up 11.6% of the population of Hawaii.[9]

Satisfied troller?|

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/31/2021 8:04 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

>>> Islanders melding with islanders, seems legit.

>> Portugal isn't an island.
>>
>> Cindy Hamilton
>>

> If you spend a few hours with a backhoe it could be set adrift.

Cali-phony-a as well...

Posted to rec.food.cooking