Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default NPR Duck Recipe

Joie MacDonalds wrote:

> Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>
> > On Monday, May 10, 2021 at 7:50:22 AM UTC-4, bruce bowser wrote:

> > > Wow. Frustrum assae means hamburger in latin. So if hamburger was
> > > around when they were speaking latin, it must have been around
> > > when he was in Paris.

> > You really are a clever troll. Just because you can stick two words
> > together doesn't mean they had hamburgers in ancient Rome.
> >
> > Give me a reference to hamburgers in Apicius, and then we can talk.
> >
> > Cindy Hamilton

> Isn't it just beef mince pressed into a shape?

The real Joie McDonalds posts with uni-berly.de - individual.net
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> On Monday, May 10, 2021 at 1:09:02 PM UTC-4, Joie MacDonalds wrote:
> > Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> > > You really are a clever troll. Just because you can stick two
> > > words together doesn't mean they had hamburgers in ancient Rome.
> > >
> > > Give me a reference to hamburgers in Apicius, and then we can
> > > talk.
> > >
> > > Cindy Hamilton

> > Isn't it just beef mince pressed into a shape?

> On a bun.
>
> Still, without a reference to Apicius, bruce bowser is just talking
> out his ass.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

The real Joie McDonalds posts with uni-berly.de - individual.net
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bryan Simmons wrote:

> On Monday, May 10, 2021 at 8:01:26 AM UTC-5, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> > On Monday, May 10, 2021 at 7:50:22 AM UTC-4, bruce bowser wrote:

> I enjoy the taste of McD's burgers and fries. There are certain
> other fast food burgers that I never buy because I don't enjoy them.

> > > Wow. Frustrum assae means hamburger in latin. So if hamburger was
> > > around when they were speaking latin, it must have been around
> > > when he was in Paris.

> > You really are a clever troll. Just because you can stick two words
> > together doesn't mean they had hamburgers in ancient Rome.
> >
> > Give me a reference to hamburgers in Apicius, and then we can talk.
> >

> As someone who also makes jokes that other folks either don't get, or
> do get but don't find funny, it was a joke, and I did find it a bit
> funny. Fallacious logic humor and puns just don't do it for a lot of
> folks, even when done really well, so it's easy for me to accept that
> most folks don't find me anywhere near as funny as I find myself.
> >
> > Cindy Hamilton
> >

> --Bryan

The real Joie McDonalds posts with uni-berly.de - individual.net
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bryan Simmons wrote:

> On Monday, May 10, 2021 at 12:36:18 PM UTC-5, Joie MacDonalds wrote:
> > Bryan Simmons wrote:

> > > As someone who also makes jokes that other folks either don't
> > > get, or do get but don't find funny, it was a joke, and I did
> > > find it a bit funny. Fallacious logic humor and puns just don't
> > > do it for a lot of folks, even when done really well, so it's
> > > easy for me to accept that most folks don't find me anywhere near
> > > as funny as I find myself.

> > Are you still talking about your pennies quote?
> >

> No. That wasn't a joke. I'm talking about other stuff I type that
> goes unappreciated, and not the stuff folks object to because it's
> deemed obnoxious.
> >
> > --
> > The real Joie MacDonalds posts with uni-berlin.de - individual.net
> >

> --Bryan

The real Joie McDonalds posts with uni-berly.de - individual.net
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Gary wrote:

> On 5/10/2021 2:58 AM, Bryan Simmons wrote:
> > Could one take an old Android phone, and not buy phone service, but
> > just use the wifi to get/use apps? I assume so. That way Gary
> > could get himself free fries on Fridays.

> I've actually got a small smartphone. Bought a few years ago on sale.
> I've been playing with that lately. Just trying to learn a new thing.
>
> It does connect to wifi and work so I probably could do that.
> Came "locked" until you sign up for a plan but that only seems to
> affect phone calls and text. My free wifi will do all the data crap.
>
> Too small for me to use on a full time basis. My giant fingers are
> way too big for using that keyboard.

The real Joie McDonalds posts with uni-berly.de - individual.net

Posted to rec.food.cooking

dsi1 wrote:

> On Sunday, May 9, 2021 at 8:21:09 AM UTC-10, Gary wrote:

> > https://www.npr.org/templates/story/...ryId=121216014 >>>
> > Ask them, theyre here. "You can stop saying that now. Thank you."

> > individual.net >> When I go to MickyD's I like the plain double
> > burger and fry combo. >>
> > > Today is Free Fries Friday with the McD's app.
> > > https://www.mcdonalds.com/us/en-us/f...es-friday.html
> > > I typically buy two $1 regular hamburgers with no ketchup, extra
> > > pickle and onion. $2.19 with the free fry.
> > >
> > > --Bryan
> > >

> > I miss McD. Haven't been there in about 1.5 years. This will happen
> > soonly. Also want to try those bacon cheeseburgers from BK. Both
> > places are only about 2/3 mile from me.

> We got to McDonald's several times a week. I get depressed when we go
> there but it's the only food place my granddaughter will eat.
> Hopefully, she'll pull out of that phase. We just ate at Taco Bell.
> It's a slightly less depressing place. The good news is that they're
> serving kalua pork for a limited time. Kalua pork is the local
> version of pulled pork. I like most pulled pork but kalua pork has a
> taste unlike any other pulled pork. I can't say how that's achieved.
> It might be by steaming the pork with banana leaf. It has a pretty
> unique smokey flavor. I appreciate that Taco Bell is keeping the
> kalua pork authentic enough for me.
>
> https://photos.app.goo.gl/srSzz8UiHE7kjzaB7

The real Joie McDonalds posts with uni-berly.de - individual.net
Posted to rec.food.cooking

dsi1 wrote:

> On Sunday, May 9, 2021 at 8:21:09 AM UTC-10, Gary wrote:

> > https://www.npr.org/templates/story/...ryId=121216014 >>>
> > Ask them, theyre here. "You can stop saying that now. Thank you."

> > individual.net >> When I go to MickyD's I like the plain double
> > burger and fry combo. >>
> > > Today is Free Fries Friday with the McD's app.
> > > https://www.mcdonalds.com/us/en-us/f...es-friday.html
> > > I typically buy two $1 regular hamburgers with no ketchup, extra
> > > pickle and onion. $2.19 with the free fry.
> > >
> > > --Bryan
> > >

> > I miss McD. Haven't been there in about 1.5 years. This will happen
> > soonly. Also want to try those bacon cheeseburgers from BK. Both
> > places are only about 2/3 mile from me.

> We got to McDonald's several times a week. I get depressed when we go
> there but it's the only food place my granddaughter will eat.
> Hopefully, she'll pull out of that phase. We just ate at Taco Bell.
> It's a slightly less depressing place. The good news is that they're
> serving kalua pork for a limited time. Kalua pork is the local
> version of pulled pork. I like most pulled pork but kalua pork has a
> taste unlike any other pulled pork. I can't say how that's achieved.
> It might be by steaming the pork with banana leaf. It has a pretty
> unique smokey flavor. I appreciate that Taco Bell is keeping the
> kalua pork authentic enough for me.
>
> https://photos.app.goo.gl/srSzz8UiHE7kjzaB7

I like! I'd definatly try that.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/10/2021 9:43 PM, cshenk wrote:
> dsi1 wrote:
>
>> We got to McDonald's several times a week. I get depressed when we go
>> there but it's the only food place my granddaughter will eat.
>> Hopefully, she'll pull out of that phase. We just ate at Taco Bell.
>> It's a slightly less depressing place. The good news is that they're
>> serving kalua pork for a limited time. Kalua pork is the local
>> version of pulled pork. I like most pulled pork but kalua pork has a
>> taste unlike any other pulled pork. I can't say how that's achieved.
>> It might be by steaming the pork with banana leaf. It has a pretty
>> unique smokey flavor. I appreciate that Taco Bell is keeping the
>> kalua pork authentic enough for me.
>>
>> https://photos.app.goo.gl/srSzz8UiHE7kjzaB7

> I like! I'd definatly try that.

'Kaluah pork" from Taco Bell. Uhh...

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

dsi1 wrote:

> On Sunday, May 9, 2021 at 8:21:09 AM UTC-10, Gary wrote:

> > https://www.npr.org/templates/story/...ryId=121216014 >>>
> > Ask them, theyre here. "You can stop saying that now. Thank you."

> > individual.net >> When I go to MickyD's I like the plain double
> > burger and fry combo. >>
> > > Today is Free Fries Friday with the McD's app.
> > > https://www.mcdonalds.com/us/en-us/f...es-friday.html
> > > I typically buy two $1 regular hamburgers with no ketchup, extra
> > > pickle and onion. $2.19 with the free fry.
> > >
> > > --Bryan
> > >

> > I miss McD. Haven't been there in about 1.5 years. This will happen
> > soonly. Also want to try those bacon cheeseburgers from BK. Both
> > places are only about 2/3 mile from me.

> We got to McDonald's several times a week. I get depressed when we go
> there but it's the only food place my granddaughter will eat.
> Hopefully, she'll pull out of that phase. We just ate at Taco Bell.
> It's a slightly less depressing place. The good news is that they're
> serving kalua pork for a limited time. Kalua pork is the local
> version of pulled pork. I like most pulled pork but kalua pork has a
> taste unlike any other pulled pork. I can't say how that's achieved.
> It might be by steaming the pork with banana leaf. It has a pretty
> unique smokey flavor. I appreciate that Taco Bell is keeping the
> kalua pork authentic enough for me.
>
> https://photos.app.goo.gl/srSzz8UiHE7kjzaB7

The picture's very fuzzy on my screen. Are all those coloured things
vegetables? Were you able to dodge them?

--
The real Joie MacDonalds posts with uni-berlin.de - individual.net
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Joie MacDonalds wrote:
> dsi1 wrote:

>>> https://www.npr.org/templates/story/...ryId=121216014 >>>
>>> Ask them, theyre here. "You can stop saying that now. Thank you."
>>> individual.net >> When I go to MickyD's I like the plain double
>>> burger and fry combo. >>

>>> I miss McD. Haven't been there in about 1.5 years. This will happen
>>> soonly. Also want to try those bacon cheeseburgers from BK. Both
>>> places are only about 2/3 mile from me.

>> We got to McDonald's several times a week. I get depressed when we go
>> there but it's the only food place my granddaughter will eat.
>> Hopefully, she'll pull out of that phase. We just ate at Taco Bell.
>> It's a slightly less depressing place. The good news is that they're
>> serving kalua pork for a limited time. Kalua pork is the local
>> version of pulled pork. I like most pulled pork but kalua pork has a
>> taste unlike any other pulled pork. I can't say how that's achieved.
>> It might be by steaming the pork with banana leaf. It has a pretty
>> unique smokey flavor. I appreciate that Taco Bell is keeping the
>> kalua pork authentic enough for me.
>>
>> https://photos.app.goo.gl/srSzz8UiHE7kjzaB7

> The picture's very fuzzy on my screen. Are all those coloured things
> vegetables? Were you able to dodge them?

Are you dizzy? Maybe somebody put airplane glue on their ass before
you sniffed.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, May 10, 2021 at 10:07:14 PM UTC-4, wrote:
> On 5/10/2021 9:43 PM, cshenk wrote:
> > dsi1 wrote:
> >
> >> We got to McDonald's several times a week. I get depressed when we go
> >> there but it's the only food place my granddaughter will eat.
> >> Hopefully, she'll pull out of that phase. We just ate at Taco Bell.
> >> It's a slightly less depressing place. The good news is that they're
> >> serving kalua pork for a limited time. Kalua pork is the local
> >> version of pulled pork. I like most pulled pork but kalua pork has a
> >> taste unlike any other pulled pork. I can't say how that's achieved.
> >> It might be by steaming the pork with banana leaf. It has a pretty
> >> unique smokey flavor. I appreciate that Taco Bell is keeping the
> >> kalua pork authentic enough for me.
> >>
> >> https://photos.app.goo.gl/srSzz8UiHE7kjzaB7

> > I like! I'd definatly try that.
> >

> 'Kaluah pork" from Taco Bell. Uhh...

I could understand porko or carnitas, but Kalua?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:

> On 5/10/2021 9:43 PM, cshenk wrote:
> > dsi1 wrote:
> >
> > > We got to McDonald's several times a week. I get depressed when
> > > we go there but it's the only food place my granddaughter will
> > > eat. Hopefully, she'll pull out of that phase. We just ate at
> > > Taco Bell. It's a slightly less depressing place. The good news
> > > is that they're serving kalua pork for a limited time. Kalua pork
> > > is the local version of pulled pork. I like most pulled pork but
> > > kalua pork has a taste unlike any other pulled pork. I can't say
> > > how that's achieved. It might be by steaming the pork with
> > > banana leaf. It has a pretty unique smokey flavor. I appreciate
> > > that Taco Bell is keeping the kalua pork authentic enough for me.
> > >
> > > https://photos.app.goo.gl/srSzz8UiHE7kjzaB7

> > I like! I'd definatly try that.
> >

> 'Kaluah pork" from Taco Bell. Uhh...
>
> Jill

The real Joie McDonalds posts with uni-berly.de - individual.net
Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:

> On 5/10/2021 9:43 PM, cshenk wrote:
> > dsi1 wrote:
> >
> > > We got to McDonald's several times a week. I get depressed when
> > > we go there but it's the only food place my granddaughter will
> > > eat. Hopefully, she'll pull out of that phase. We just ate at
> > > Taco Bell. It's a slightly less depressing place. The good news
> > > is that they're serving kalua pork for a limited time. Kalua pork
> > > is the local version of pulled pork. I like most pulled pork but
> > > kalua pork has a taste unlike any other pulled pork. I can't say
> > > how that's achieved. It might be by steaming the pork with
> > > banana leaf. It has a pretty unique smokey flavor. I appreciate
> > > that Taco Bell is keeping the kalua pork authentic enough for me.
> > >
> > > https://photos.app.goo.gl/srSzz8UiHE7kjzaB7

> > I like! I'd definatly try that.
> >

> 'Kaluah pork" from Taco Bell. Uhh...
>
> Jill

The real Joie McDonalds posts with uni-berly.de - individual.net
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, May 10, 2021 at 10:07:14 PM UTC-4, wrote:
> On 5/10/2021 9:43 PM, cshenk wrote:
> > dsi1 wrote:
> >
> >> We got to McDonald's several times a week. I get depressed when we go
> >> there but it's the only food place my granddaughter will eat.
> >> Hopefully, she'll pull out of that phase. We just ate at Taco Bell.
> >> It's a slightly less depressing place. The good news is that they're
> >> serving kalua pork for a limited time. Kalua pork is the local
> >> version of pulled pork. I like most pulled pork but kalua pork has a
> >> taste unlike any other pulled pork. I can't say how that's achieved.
> >> It might be by steaming the pork with banana leaf. It has a pretty
> >> unique smokey flavor. I appreciate that Taco Bell is keeping the
> >> kalua pork authentic enough for me.
> >>
> >> https://photos.app.goo.gl/srSzz8UiHE7kjzaB7

> > I like! I'd definatly try that.
> >

> 'Kaluah pork" from Taco Bell. Uhh...

I'd save the Kalua for a Mudslide or a B52, etc ...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, May 12, 2021 at 5:51:55 AM UTC-4, bruce bowser wrote:
> On Monday, May 10, 2021 at 10:07:14 PM UTC-4, wrote:

> > > I like! I'd definatly try that.
> > >

> > 'Kaluah pork" from Taco Bell. Uhh...

> I'd save the Kalua for a Mudslide or a B52, etc ...

Go ahead. Google Kalua Mudslide and Kalua B52. Good stuff...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, May 12, 2021 at 5:53:56 AM UTC-4, bruce bowser wrote:
> On Wednesday, May 12, 2021 at 5:51:55 AM UTC-4, bruce bowser wrote:

> > > 'Kaluah pork" from Taco Bell. Uhh...

> > I'd save the Kalua for a Mudslide or a B52, etc ...

> Go ahead. Google Kalua Mudslide and Kalua B52. Good stuff...

Or perhaps you'd save the Mexican coffee liqueur "Kahlua" for a cocktail
and use the Hawaiian cooking technique "kalua" for pork.

Cindy Hamilton

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, May 12, 2021 at 7:19:23 AM UTC-4, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Wednesday, May 12, 2021 at 5:53:56 AM UTC-4, bruce bowser wrote:

> > > I'd save the Kalua for a Mudslide or a B52, etc ...

> > Go ahead. Google Kalua Mudslide and Kalua B52. Good stuff...

> Or perhaps you'd save the Mexican coffee liqueur "Kahlua" for a cocktail
> and use the Hawaiian cooking technique "kalua" for pork.

I didn't know Kahlúa (not Kahlua as you spelled it), but Kahlúa was a Mexican drink. Especially with a name like Black Russian.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, May 12, 2021 at 7:19:23 AM UTC-4, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Wednesday, May 12, 2021 at 5:53:56 AM UTC-4, bruce bowser wrote:

> > > I'd save the Kalua for a Mudslide or a B52, etc ...

> > Go ahead. Google Kalua Mudslide and Kalua B52. Good stuff...

> Or perhaps you'd save the Mexican coffee liqueur "Kahlua" for a cocktail
> and use the Hawaiian cooking technique "kalua" for pork.

Kahlúa, Cindy. Though your spelling was kinda off, its still good enough for me.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, May 12, 2021 at 1:19:23 AM UTC-10, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Wednesday, May 12, 2021 at 5:53:56 AM UTC-4, bruce bowser wrote:

> > > I'd save the Kalua for a Mudslide or a B52, etc ...

> > Go ahead. Google Kalua Mudslide and Kalua B52. Good stuff...

> Or perhaps you'd save the Mexican coffee liqueur "Kahlua" for a cocktail
> and use the Hawaiian cooking technique "kalua" for pork.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

I used to have a bottle of Kahlua when I was in my twenties. It was pretty good mixed with milk. I was raised in Kailua so I suppose that it might have been possible to eat kaula pork while drinking Kahlua and milk in Kailua.
https://www.hawaiimagazine.com/the-u...o-kailua-oahu/
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, May 12, 2021 at 5:42:26 PM UTC-4, dsi1 wrote:
> On Wednesday, May 12, 2021 at 1:19:23 AM UTC-10, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> > > Go ahead. Google Kalua Mudslide and Kalua B52. Good stuff...

> > Or perhaps you'd save the Mexican coffee liqueur "Kahlua" for a cocktail
> > and use the Hawaiian cooking technique "kalua" for pork.
> >
> > Cindy Hamilton

> I used to have a bottle of Kahlua when I was in my twenties. It was pretty good mixed with milk. I was raised in Kailua so I suppose that it might have been possible to eat kaula pork while drinking Kahlua and milk in Kailua.
> https://www.hawaiimagazine.com/the-u...o-kailua-oahu/

I remember a highway there that had a tunnel that comes out straight into a bridge and it makes the view of the ocean over there (if I'm not wrong) look kind of scary. My memory is kind of bad.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, May 12, 2021 at 10:39:32 PM UTC-10, bruce bowser wrote:
> On Wednesday, May 12, 2021 at 5:42:26 PM UTC-4, dsi1 wrote:

> > > Or perhaps you'd save the Mexican coffee liqueur "Kahlua" for a cocktail
> > > and use the Hawaiian cooking technique "kalua" for pork.
> > >
> > > Cindy Hamilton

> > I used to have a bottle of Kahlua when I was in my twenties. It was pretty good mixed with milk. I was raised in Kailua so I suppose that it might have been possible to eat kaula pork while drinking Kahlua and milk in Kailua.
> > https://www.hawaiimagazine.com/the-u...o-kailua-oahu/

> I remember a highway there that had a tunnel that comes out straight into a bridge and it makes the view of the ocean over there (if I'm not wrong) look kind of scary. My memory is kind of bad.

That might be on the H-3. I suppose the approach from the windward side could be scary. It certainly can be breathtaking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXf43B1iOuM

Duck A La Orange Recipe Reever2 Recipes 0 06-03-2007 03:34 PM
Duck Feet Recipe Bali General Cooking 0 15-09-2006 02:39 AM
'Baked' Duck recipe [email protected] Barbecue 10 01-01-2005 06:45 AM
vegas trip: gumbo, gumbo, sushi, ribs, duck, duck, duck, crabcake, and the conundrum of kobe beef sliders Blair P. Houghton General Cooking 3 29-08-2004 07:04 AM
Duck Recipe, anyone? Keith Ginger General Cooking 4 24-06-2004 02:20 AM