Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Don't buy Mainstay skillets

I usta buy a Maistays (WW) 8" skillet. No more!

They are no longer non-stick. The last one I bough was NOT
"non-stick". I bought it 'cause it usta be non-stick and I could fry
one egg w/o it sticking. NO more (even though it advertises itself as
being "8" Nonstick Skillet". It's a lie! I'm returning it!

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, April 7, 2021 at 3:27:21 PM UTC-4, notbob wrote:
> I usta buy a Maistays (WW) 8" skillet. No more!
>
> They are no longer non-stick. The last one I bough was NOT
> "non-stick". I bought it 'cause it usta be non-stick and I could fry
> one egg w/o it sticking. NO more (even though it advertises itself as
> being "8" Nonstick Skillet". It's a lie! I'm returning it!

What do you really expect for $3.84?

Perhaps your subject line should be "Don't buy cookware at Walmart".

Or if you _must_ shop at Walmart, consider this one:

<https://www.walmart.com/ip/Tramontina-Professional-Aluminum-10-Non-Stick-Fry-Pan/154663646>

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 7 Apr 2021 12:40:27 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Wednesday, April 7, 2021 at 3:27:21 PM UTC-4, notbob wrote:
>> I usta buy a Maistays (WW) 8" skillet. No more!
>>
>> They are no longer non-stick. The last one I bough was NOT
>> "non-stick". I bought it 'cause it usta be non-stick and I could fry
>> one egg w/o it sticking. NO more (even though it advertises itself as
>> being "8" Nonstick Skillet". It's a lie! I'm returning it!

>What do you really expect for $3.84?

LOL, really? Who buys cookware worth $3.84? The same people who eat
cheap, industrial flesh, I guess. Disgusting.

--
The real Dr. Bruce posts with uni-berlin.de - individual.net

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7 Apr 2021 19:27:15 GMT, notbob wrote:

> I usta buy a Maistays (WW) 8" skillet. No more!
>
> They are no longer non-stick. The last one I bough was NOT
> "non-stick". I bought it 'cause it usta be non-stick and I could fry
> one egg w/o it sticking. NO more (even though it advertises itself as
> being "8" Nonstick Skillet". It's a lie! I'm returning it!

You and kitchen utensils <rolling eyes>. Three years it ago it was
"buy a bunch of cheapo SS skillets!" Now it's "Don't buy a
non-stick skillet from WallayWorld!".

And 5 years ago it was, "I can't find a decent scrub brush for
dishes", but 6 years ago were gushing about some awesome scrub brush
that your boss gave you money to go get.

OK, so maybe this happened over 10-12 years, but I never forget a
post! (just when it was posted).

Oh, and Welcome Back again! Those alcohol-induced falls are usually
the easiest to recover from (since people don't see it coming and
tense up - just like a passenger in a car crash), but YMMV.

Whatcha been eatin?

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 7 Apr 2021 12:40:27 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> On Wednesday, April 7, 2021 at 3:27:21 PM UTC-4, notbob wrote:
>> I usta buy a Maistays (WW) 8" skillet. No more!
>>
>> They are no longer non-stick. The last one I bough was NOT
>> "non-stick". I bought it 'cause it usta be non-stick and I could fry
>> one egg w/o it sticking. NO more (even though it advertises itself as
>> being "8" Nonstick Skillet". It's a lie! I'm returning it!

> What do you really expect for $3.84?
>
> Perhaps your subject line should be "Don't buy cookware at Walmart".

I had awesome night there buying cookware one night 14 years ago. I
bought a wok, a bamboo cutting board, and a bamboo napkin holder to
hold all my cuttings boards against the back wall of the counter.
And even though I had to buy glue to hold that stapled napkin
holder together, that ****er was a great $1.50 investment along with
the cutting board and wok. I'm pretty sure can see two of them in
most of the pictures I post (along with Gary's Olive oil)

Heh. And I'm fully vaccinated with Walmart's Best!

-sw

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/7/2021 3:27 PM, notbob wrote:
> I usta buy a Maistays (WW) 8" skillet. No more!
>
> They are no longer non-stick. The last one I bough was NOT
> "non-stick". I bought it 'cause it usta be non-stick and I could fry
> one egg w/o it sticking. NO more (even though it advertises itself as
> being "8" Nonstick Skillet". It's a lie! I'm returning it!
>
> nb

Back to non-stick skillets... my favorite being a well-seasoned cast
iron pan that food slides right off of.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, April 7, 2021 at 9:27:21 AM UTC-10, notbob wrote:
> I usta buy a Maistays (WW) 8" skillet. No more!
>
> They are no longer non-stick. The last one I bough was NOT
> "non-stick". I bought it 'cause it usta be non-stick and I could fry
> one egg w/o it sticking. NO more (even though it advertises itself as
> being "8" Nonstick Skillet". It's a lie! I'm returning it!
>
> nb

You should get one of these pans. It's some kind of Korean pan with a maifan coating. What's maifan? I have no idea but it seems to works swell. I'll be able to tell in a year how durable it is. I'm having fun with it at this point.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/oURyUwe5cBnPAa1B7
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Michael Trew wrote:

> On 4/7/2021 3:27 PM, notbob wrote:
> > I usta buy a Maistays (WW) 8" skillet. No more!
> >
> > They are no longer non-stick. The last one I bough was NOT
> > "non-stick". I bought it 'cause it usta be non-stick and I could
> > fry one egg w/o it sticking. NO more (even though it advertises
> > itself as being "8" Nonstick Skillet". It's a lie! I'm returning
> > it!
> >
> > nb

> Back to non-stick skillets... my favorite being a well-seasoned cast
> iron pan that food slides right off of.

Same here.