Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Hey Alex! If you can retire, why don't you?

> Nailed it!

they have a nail gun too!?

songbird
Posted to rec.food.cooking

songbird wrote:

> > Nailed it!

> they have a nail gun too!?
>

> songbird

We do. Don't you?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

cshenk wrote:
> We do. Don't you?

no. i know better. plus we don't do any kind of mass
construction where such a thing would be useful. a regular
hammer or six is good enough for us. we have a sledge
hammer for breaking rocks, a sledge-hammer plus pick axe
combination for breaking hard ground (i've not used either
of them much at all - that's the kind of work my body would
really find hurtful). then we have a small sledge hammer for
a single hand that i use for pounding in t-bars or other
things that need that sort of encouragement, then two nail
hammers and one small tack hammer for finer work.

the small sledge hammer gets the most use from me. i've
been putting in a lot of fence poles the past few years.

oh, but i forget the 130 pallets i worked on last year
and part of the year before. pulled a shitload of rusty
nails. hope i don't ever have to do that again. i get
that all done and Mom tells my brother she'll take the old
wood from his deck and i said no unless they took the nails
and screws out of it before it gets here. sure enough my
brother shows up with a truck full of boards with nails in
them so i had to spend the day pulling nails out of that
too. the most use of a hammer i'd had in years last year.
i don't want to repeat that. uhg.

songbird
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/29/2021 5:58 AM, songbird wrote:
> cshenk wrote:
>> We do. Don't you?

> no. i know better. plus we don't do any kind of mass
> construction where such a thing would be useful. a regular
> hammer or six is good enough for us. we have a sledge
> hammer for breaking rocks, a sledge-hammer plus pick axe
> combination for breaking hard ground (i've not used either
> of them much at all - that's the kind of work my body would
> really find hurtful). then we have a small sledge hammer for
> a single hand that i use for pounding in t-bars or other
> things that need that sort of encouragement, then two nail
> hammers and one small tack hammer for finer work.
>
> the small sledge hammer gets the most use from me. i've
> been putting in a lot of fence poles the past few years.
>
> oh, but i forget the 130 pallets i worked on last year
> and part of the year before. pulled a shitload of rusty
> nails. hope i don't ever have to do that again. i get
> that all done and Mom tells my brother she'll take the old
> wood from his deck and i said no unless they took the nails
> and screws out of it before it gets here. sure enough my
> brother shows up with a truck full of boards with nails in
> them so i had to spend the day pulling nails out of that
> too. the most use of a hammer i'd had in years last year.
> i don't want to repeat that. uhg.
>

> songbird

but did you straighten out all the nails for re-use?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, January 29, 2021 at 10:01:36 AM UTC-5, songbird wrote:
> cshenk wrote:
> > We do. Don't you?

> no. i know better. plus we don't do any kind of mass
> construction where such a thing would be useful.

We got a ton of use out of our framing nailer when we were
building our deck and workshop. Not so much anymore. Now
the finish nailer has all the fun.

Cindy Hamilton

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Taxed and Spent wrote:
> On 1/29/2021 5:58 AM, songbird wrote:

>> oh, but i forget the 130 pallets i worked on last year
>> and part of the year before. pulled a shitload of rusty
>> nails. hope i don't ever have to do that again. i get
>> that all done and Mom tells my brother she'll take the old
>> wood from his deck and i said no unless they took the nails
>> and screws out of it before it gets here. sure enough my
>> brother shows up with a truck full of boards with nails in
>> them so i had to spend the day pulling nails out of that
>> too. the most use of a hammer i'd had in years last year.
>> i don't want to repeat that. uhg.

> but did you straighten out all the nails for re-use?

no, many of them were mostly rusted and a lot would
break. not useful for anything other than being recycled.
i have to take them to the next recycle drop off because
i'm pretty sure the recycle bins at the curb wouldn't
like them in there.

songbird