Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Hawaiian buns

After the recent interest in Hawaiian bread, I thought the bakers here
might be interested in this recipe in the latest issue of "Baking From
Scratch":
"Hawaiian buns with honey citrus glaze"
https://tinyurl.com/y6tbeyta
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, January 8, 2021 at 9:00:28 AM UTC-10, Graham wrote:
> After the recent interest in Hawaiian bread, I thought the bakers here
> might be interested in this recipe in the latest issue of "Baking From
> Scratch":
> "Hawaiian buns with honey citrus glaze"
> https://tinyurl.com/y6tbeyta

There's no Hawaiian bread/buns on this rock. The popular bread here is Portuguese sweet bread. I used be to into making it and would grill the old Portuguese ladies I'd meet about how they did it. I made it the old fashioned way - boil a potato and mash it for the dough. My guess is that the younger generation of Portugal/Hawaii don't make pao doce that way anymore. The real "Hawaiian" sweet bread is quite a simple but delectable bread with no gimmicks - like pineapple juice or honey. I do like to add some lemon zest - just like the old Portuguese ladies do.

https://www.justapinch.com/recipes/b...sa-sovada.html
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 8 Jan 2021 12:00:20 -0700, Graham wrote:

> After the recent interest in Hawaiian bread, I thought the bakers here
> might be interested in this recipe in the latest issue of "Baking From
> Scratch":
> "Hawaiian buns with honey citrus glaze"
> https://tinyurl.com/y6tbeyta

I had some Hawaiian Buns a few weeks ago. But they were about 38
years old and attached to legs and a torso.

Otherwise, I don't like sweet buns unless they're a full-on pastry.
I buy the Rhodes thaw/rise/bake balls of dough for dinners and
sliders.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 9 Jan 2021 23:23:40 -0600, Sqwertz >
wrote:

>On Fri, 8 Jan 2021 12:00:20 -0700, Graham wrote:
>
>> After the recent interest in Hawaiian bread, I thought the bakers here
>> might be interested in this recipe in the latest issue of "Baking From
>> Scratch":
>> "Hawaiian buns with honey citrus glaze"
>> https://tinyurl.com/y6tbeyta

>I had some Hawaiian Buns a few weeks ago. But they were about 38
>years old and attached to legs and a torso.
>
>Otherwise, I don't like sweet buns unless they're a full-on pastry.
>I buy the Rhodes thaw/rise/bake balls of dough for dinners and
>sliders.

"UNBLEACHED ENRICHED WHITE FLOUR (WHEAT FLOUR, MALTED BARLEY FLOUR,
NIACIN, FERROUS SULFATE OR REDUCED IRON, THIAMIN MONONITRATE,
RIBOFLAVIN, FOLIC ACID), WATER, GRANULATED SUGAR, BUTTER, YEAST,
NONFAT DRY MILK, SALT."

Added sugar, of course!

Hawaiian Que Steve Calvin Barbecue 26 30-10-2008 10:13 PM
Hawaiian Ham Sharon[_3_] Recipes (moderated) 0 11-02-2007 11:52 AM
Hawaiian Pork Sharon Recipes (moderated) 0 09-02-2007 12:04 PM
Hawaiian Waffles Tim Recipes 0 01-07-2005 12:21 AM
Hawaiian Corn T E Recipes (moderated) 0 14-06-2004 05:53 PM