Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Cheesebuger Casserole for dinner

It's a Paula Deen recipe. Actually, I'll have it tomorrow. Walmart sent me
some ground beef that needed to be used right away. So... I made this with a
few modifications. No W. sauce. Never have it in the house. Used Rotini
instead, and the whole 16 oz. bag. I think that was a good call. Would have
been too meaty otherwise. Also used 4 cups of cheese. Mixed most of it in
and just put a little on top. I can't imagine 3 cups on top!

I did taste it. It's good although very similar to something I occasionally
make.

Link to recipe:

https://www.pauladeen.com/recipe/che...ger-casserole/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 1 Dec 2020 20:49:11 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>It's a Paula Deen recipe. Actually, I'll have it tomorrow. Walmart sent me
>some ground beef that needed to be used right away.

Why did ground beef you just received need to be used right away...
didn't it arrive frozen... I'd have tossed that mystery meat into the
trash. I just ground two beef roasts and made eight 12 oz burgers for
the freezer, I always have fresh frozen beef in my freezer, usually in
the form of large burgers, can be used in any ground beef recipe. And
yes, I weigh out the balls of ground meat... needn't be exact, any bit
left over goes into the already weighed meat, maters not if some are
an ounce over. We had a burger each on a toasted Kaiser roll last
night, we each ate half, half for tonight. It's very difficult for me
to believe that people actually eat preground/mystery beef... took me
less than 5 minutes to grind two roasts, including washing the
grinder... less than a minute forming each 12 oz patty. First thing I
do is prepare squares of wax paper for the burgers.

>So... I made this with a
>few modifications. No W. sauce. Never have it in the house. Used Rotini
>instead, and the whole 16 oz. bag. I think that was a good call.

Could have used any pasta... I'd choose medium shells... holds meat
sauce well.

>Would have
>been too meaty otherwise. Also used 4 cups of cheese. Mixed most of it in
>and just put a little on top. I can't imagine 3 cups on top!
>
>I did taste it. It's good although very similar to something I occasionally
>make.
>
>Link to recipe:
>
>https://www.pauladeen.com/recipe/che...ger-casserole/

1 1/2 tsps salt is way too much... with 4 cups of cheese I'd not add
any salt until after you taste it.
Preground mystery meat from Walmart, YIK!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, December 2, 2020 at 6:57:19 AM UTC-5, Sheldon wrote:

> >https://www.pauladeen.com/recipe/che...ger-casserole/

> 1 1/2 tsps salt is way too much... with 4 cups of cheese I'd not add
> any salt until after you taste it.

I probably would have tasted it and added more. Cheese has enough salt
for itself. Meat and pasta need some additional salt.

Every cook worth his salt (heh) knows that every recipe is "salt to taste",
except in baking, candymaking, and preserving.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

> It's a Paula Deen recipe. Actually, I'll have it tomorrow. Walmart sent me
> some ground beef that needed to be used right away. So... I made this with a
> few modifications. No W. sauce. Never have it in the house. Used Rotini
> instead, and the whole 16 oz. bag. I think that was a good call. Would have
> been too meaty otherwise. Also used 4 cups of cheese. Mixed most of it in
> and just put a little on top. I can't imagine 3 cups on top!
>
> I did taste it. It's good although very similar to something I occasionally
> make.
>
> Link to recipe:
>
> https://www.pauladeen.com/recipe/che...ger-casserole/

With "food" like this no wonder americans are the fattest on the planet.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 1 Dec 2020 20:49:11 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>I made this with a
>few modifications. No W. sauce. Never have it in the house. Used Rotini
>instead, and the whole 16 oz. bag.

Had to read that a few times, then go look at the actual recipe to
figure out what you were trying to say. I originally was thinking
"How is a bag of Rotini a substitute for Worcestershire sauce?"

Doris

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 2 Dec 2020 06:05:28 -0800 (PST), Bruce

>> It's a Paula Deen recipe. Actually, I'll have it tomorrow. Walmart sent me
>> some ground beef that needed to be used right away. So... I made this with a
>> few modifications. No W. sauce. Never have it in the house. Used Rotini
>> instead, and the whole 16 oz. bag. I think that was a good call. Would have
>> been too meaty otherwise. Also used 4 cups of cheese. Mixed most of it in
>> and just put a little on top. I can't imagine 3 cups on top!
>>
>> I did taste it. It's good although very similar to something I occasionally
>> make.
>>
>> Link to recipe:
>>
>> https://www.pauladeen.com/recipe/che...ger-casserole/

>With "food" like this no wonder americans are the fattest on the planet.

Actually the fattest people are from the warmest climates like ukelele
land. Most Americans maintain a proper weight, just don't lump in
recent arrivals... those from impoverished countries can't stop
eating. Bruthe is an ultra dumb schmuck.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 02 Dec 2020 15:25:38 -0500, Sheldon Martin >
wrote:

>On Wed, 2 Dec 2020 06:05:28 -0800 (PST), Bruce

>>> It's a Paula Deen recipe. Actually, I'll have it tomorrow. Walmart sent me
>>> some ground beef that needed to be used right away. So... I made this with a
>>> few modifications. No W. sauce. Never have it in the house. Used Rotini
>>> instead, and the whole 16 oz. bag. I think that was a good call. Would have
>>> been too meaty otherwise. Also used 4 cups of cheese. Mixed most of it in
>>> and just put a little on top. I can't imagine 3 cups on top!
>>>
>>> I did taste it. It's good although very similar to something I occasionally
>>> make.
>>>
>>> Link to recipe:
>>>
>>> https://www.pauladeen.com/recipe/che...ger-casserole/

>>With "food" like this no wonder americans are the fattest on the planet.

>Actually the fattest people are from the warmest climates like ukelele
>land. Most Americans maintain a proper weight, just don't lump in
>recent arrivals... those from impoverished countries can't stop
>eating. Bruthe is an ultra dumb schmuck.

You're an ultra dumb schmuck for not realising that Greg Sorrow wrote
that.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, December 2, 2020 at 10:25:47 AM UTC-10, Sheldon wrote:
> On Wed, 2 Dec 2020 06:05:28 -0800 (PST), Bruce

> >> It's a Paula Deen recipe. Actually, I'll have it tomorrow. Walmart sent me
> >> some ground beef that needed to be used right away. So... I made this with a
> >> few modifications. No W. sauce. Never have it in the house. Used Rotini
> >> instead, and the whole 16 oz. bag. I think that was a good call. Would have
> >> been too meaty otherwise. Also used 4 cups of cheese. Mixed most of it in
> >> and just put a little on top. I can't imagine 3 cups on top!
> >>
> >> I did taste it. It's good although very similar to something I occasionally
> >> make.
> >>
> >> Link to recipe:
> >>
> >> https://www.pauladeen.com/recipe/che...ger-casserole/

> >With "food" like this no wonder americans are the fattest on the planet.

> Actually the fattest people are from the warmest climates like ukelele
> land. Most Americans maintain a proper weight, just don't lump in
> recent arrivals... those from impoverished countries can't stop
> eating. Bruthe is an ultra dumb schmuck.

Hawaii has historically had the lowest obesity rates and the highest lifespans in America. This is despite the fact that we got a lot of South Pacific islanders here that are heavyweights. This tells me that obesity on the mainland must be simply awful. Lumping in new arrivals from impoverished countries would actually skew the rates downward - you ultra dumb schmuck.

My guess is that the only way to stop the rising obesity rates on the mainland would be to import more lightweight people from impoverished countries. My guess is that it's gonna take a lot of new people. Welcome to America you skinny, impoverished, peoples!

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-sta...rates?slide=12
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 2 Dec 2020 13:46:56 -0800 (PST), dsi1 >
wrote:

>On Wednesday, December 2, 2020 at 10:25:47 AM UTC-10, Sheldon wrote:
>> On Wed, 2 Dec 2020 06:05:28 -0800 (PST), Bruce
>> > wrote:

>> >With "food" like this no wonder americans are the fattest on the planet.

>> Actually the fattest people are from the warmest climates like ukelele
>> land. Most Americans maintain a proper weight, just don't lump in
>> recent arrivals... those from impoverished countries can't stop
>> eating. Bruthe is an ultra dumb schmuck.

>Hawaii has historically had the lowest obesity rates and the highest lifespans in America. This is despite the fact that we got a lot of South Pacific islanders here that are heavyweights. This tells me that obesity on the mainland must be simply awful. Lumping in new arrivals from impoverished countries would actually skew the rates downward - you ultra dumb schmuck.
>
>My guess is that the only way to stop the rising obesity rates on the mainland would be to import more lightweight people from impoverished countries. My guess is that it's gonna take a lot of new people. Welcome to America you skinny, impoverished, peoples!
>
>https://www.usnews.com/news/best-sta...rates?slide=12

I wonder if there's a correlation between being obese and being
deplorable.
Posted to rec.food.cooking
GM GM is offline

Sheldon wrote:

> On Wed, 2 Dec 2020 06:05:28 -0800 (PST), Bruce

> >> It's a Paula Deen recipe. Actually, I'll have it tomorrow. Walmart sent me
> >> some ground beef that needed to be used right away. So... I made this with a
> >> few modifications. No W. sauce. Never have it in the house. Used Rotini
> >> instead, and the whole 16 oz. bag. I think that was a good call. Would have
> >> been too meaty otherwise. Also used 4 cups of cheese. Mixed most of it in
> >> and just put a little on top. I can't imagine 3 cups on top!
> >>
> >> I did taste it. It's good although very similar to something I occasionally
> >> make.
> >>
> >> Link to recipe:
> >>
> >> https://www.pauladeen.com/recipe/che...ger-casserole/

> >With "food" like this no wonder americans are the fattest on the planet.

> Actually the fattest people are from the warmest climates like ukelele
> land. Most Americans maintain a proper weight, just don't lump in
> recent arrivals... those from impoverished countries can't stop
> eating. Bruthe is an ultra dumb schmuck.

LOL...TRUTH...!!!

<laffin'>

--
Best
Greg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, December 2, 2020 at 11:51:25 AM UTC-10, Bruce wrote:
> On Wed, 2 Dec 2020 13:46:56 -0800 (PST), dsi1 >
> wrote:
> >On Wednesday, December 2, 2020 at 10:25:47 AM UTC-10, Sheldon wrote:
> >> On Wed, 2 Dec 2020 06:05:28 -0800 (PST), Bruce

> >> Actually the fattest people are from the warmest climates like ukelele
> >> land. Most Americans maintain a proper weight, just don't lump in
> >> recent arrivals... those from impoverished countries can't stop
> >> eating. Bruthe is an ultra dumb schmuck.

> >Hawaii has historically had the lowest obesity rates and the highest lifespans in America. This is despite the fact that we got a lot of South Pacific islanders here that are heavyweights. This tells me that obesity on the mainland must be simply awful. Lumping in new arrivals from impoverished countries would actually skew the rates downward - you ultra dumb schmuck.
> >
> >My guess is that the only way to stop the rising obesity rates on the mainland would be to import more lightweight people from impoverished countries. My guess is that it's gonna take a lot of new people. Welcome to America you skinny, impoverished, peoples!
> >
> >https://www.usnews.com/news/best-sta...rates?slide=12

> I wonder if there's a correlation between being obese and being
> deplorable.

If you're implying that fat folks are dumb folks, I'm not prepared to make a comment on that at this time. Just ask Sheldon. The truth will probably be the opposite of whatever he says. It usually is.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

dsi1 wrote:

> On Wednesday, December 2, 2020 at 11:51:25 AM UTC-10, Bruce wrote:
> > On Wed, 2 Dec 2020 13:46:56 -0800 (PST), dsi1 >
> > wrote:

> > >Hawaii has historically had the lowest obesity rates and the highest lifespans in America. This is despite the fact that we got a lot of South Pacific islanders here that are heavyweights. This tells me that obesity on the mainland must be simply awful. Lumping in new arrivals from impoverished countries would actually skew the rates downward - you ultra dumb schmuck.
> > >
> > >My guess is that the only way to stop the rising obesity rates on the mainland would be to import more lightweight people from impoverished countries. My guess is that it's gonna take a lot of new people. Welcome to America you skinny, impoverished, peoples!
> > >
> > >https://www.usnews.com/news/best-sta...rates?slide=12

> > I wonder if there's a correlation between being obese and being
> > deplorable.

> If you're implying that fat folks are dumb folks, I'm not prepared to make a comment on that at this time. Just ask Sheldon. The truth will probably be the opposite of whatever he says. It usually is.

Do you measure your anal opening circumference with a micrometer or a yardstick?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, December 2, 2020 at 5:10:50 PM UTC-6, Bruce wrote:
> dsi1 wrote:
>
> > On Wednesday, December 2, 2020 at 11:51:25 AM UTC-10, Bruce wrote:

> > > I wonder if there's a correlation between being obese and being
> > > deplorable.

> > If you're implying that fat folks are dumb folks, I'm not prepared to make a comment on that at this time. Just ask Sheldon. The truth will probably be the opposite of whatever he says. It usually is.

> Do you measure your anal opening circumference with a micrometer or a yardstick?

Bruce, that's the kind of thing that Hank would type about *you*. It's not
clever or funny. Have you decided, if you can't beat them, join them?

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sheldon Martin" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 1 Dec 2020 20:49:11 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>
>>It's a Paula Deen recipe. Actually, I'll have it tomorrow. Walmart sent me
>>some ground beef that needed to be used right away.

> Why did ground beef you just received need to be used right away...
> didn't it arrive frozen... I'd have tossed that mystery meat into the
> trash. I just ground two beef roasts and made eight 12 oz burgers for
> the freezer, I always have fresh frozen beef in my freezer, usually in
> the form of large burgers, can be used in any ground beef recipe. And
> yes, I weigh out the balls of ground meat... needn't be exact, any bit
> left over goes into the already weighed meat, maters not if some are
> an ounce over. We had a burger each on a toasted Kaiser roll last
> night, we each ate half, half for tonight. It's very difficult for me
> to believe that people actually eat preground/mystery beef... took me
> less than 5 minutes to grind two roasts, including washing the
> grinder... less than a minute forming each 12 oz patty. First thing I
> do is prepare squares of wax paper for the burgers.

Why would it arrive frozen? It wasn't frozen. For the most part, I don't
like to deal with frozen meat, especially since my big feridge is freezing
most things. Now if I put meat in that fridge and it does freeze, I just
have to deal with it.

My new fridge came a few days ago. It's 4.4 cu ft. For now, it is big enough
for produce, cottage cheese, a few beverages and a few other things that
will or could go bad if they freeze. Not really room for meat as well since
I am buying 3-4 pkgs at a time now.

We don't eat a lot of meat. I don't have a grinder, nor will I get one. I
have a small kitchen and no place to store things. My pantry is not even
located in the kitchen. There was no pantry. I had to clear out a closet in
the family room. That's where the canned fruits/vegetables, broth. extra
oils, seasonings, sauces. etc. reside.

>>So... I made this with a
>>few modifications. No W. sauce. Never have it in the house. Used Rotini
>>instead, and the whole 16 oz. bag. I think that was a good call.

> Could have used any pasta... I'd choose medium shells... holds meat
> sauce well.

I don't have any shells. I have a lot of Rao's Rotini. It's larger/thicker
than most and we like it for casseroles as it doesn't cook down to mush.

>>Would have
>>been too meaty otherwise. Also used 4 cups of cheese. Mixed most of it in
>>and just put a little on top. I can't imagine 3 cups on top!
>>
>>I did taste it. It's good although very similar to something I
>>occasionally
>>make.
>>
>>Link to recipe:
>>
>>https://www.pauladeen.com/recipe/che...ger-casserole/

> 1 1/2 tsps salt is way too much... with 4 cups of cheese I'd not add
> any salt until after you taste it.
> Preground mystery meat from Walmart, YIK!

I only added a sprinkle of salt to the meat/veg. The rest went in the pasta
water. I will confess, I didn't read the recipe all the way through. I
assumed that the salt was to go in the pasta water.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bruce" > wrote in message

>> It's a Paula Deen recipe. Actually, I'll have it tomorrow. Walmart sent
>> me
>> some ground beef that needed to be used right away. So... I made this
>> with a
>> few modifications. No W. sauce. Never have it in the house. Used Rotini
>> instead, and the whole 16 oz. bag. I think that was a good call. Would
>> have
>> been too meaty otherwise. Also used 4 cups of cheese. Mixed most of it in
>> and just put a little on top. I can't imagine 3 cups on top!
>>
>> I did taste it. It's good although very similar to something I
>> occasionally
>> make.
>>
>> Link to recipe:
>>
>> https://www.pauladeen.com/recipe/che...ger-casserole/

> With "food" like this no wonder americans are the fattest on the planet.

Why do you say that?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sheldon Martin" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 2 Dec 2020 06:05:28 -0800 (PST), Bruce

>>> It's a Paula Deen recipe. Actually, I'll have it tomorrow. Walmart sent
>>> me
>>> some ground beef that needed to be used right away. So... I made this
>>> with a
>>> few modifications. No W. sauce. Never have it in the house. Used Rotini
>>> instead, and the whole 16 oz. bag. I think that was a good call. Would
>>> have
>>> been too meaty otherwise. Also used 4 cups of cheese. Mixed most of it
>>> in
>>> and just put a little on top. I can't imagine 3 cups on top!
>>>
>>> I did taste it. It's good although very similar to something I
>>> occasionally
>>> make.
>>>
>>> Link to recipe:
>>>
>>> https://www.pauladeen.com/recipe/che...ger-casserole/

>>With "food" like this no wonder americans are the fattest on the planet.

> Actually the fattest people are from the warmest climates like ukelele
> land. Most Americans maintain a proper weight, just don't lump in
> recent arrivals... those from impoverished countries can't stop
> eating. Bruthe is an ultra dumb schmuck.

What? I just heard on the radio that 40% of Americans are obese. I think
whether you see them or not, depends on where you live.

I don't recall seeing too many in NY. Perhaps because people walk a lot
there. But in CA? Yow! At least in Alameda.My ex hated going to Sizzler, or
as he called it, Porker's Palace. Why? We were surrounded by grossly obese
people in there. Severely grossly obese! He found the sight to be
off-putting.

I am not sure what those people ate. But I do know that I didn't see them
much at the salad bar.

Angela and I would go there for dinner once in a while. She was young enough
to get the salad bar for free. I always ordered the special which was
usually some kin do of chicken, vegetable and starch. I asked to have it
boxed to go. I saved this for my ex to eat later when he got home from work.
He did like the food. Just didn't like going in there. The meal came with
salad bar so I had that.

The salad bar also had some pizza and pasta, both of which sat on the steam
table, so not good. Angela and I ate the vegetables, cheese and maybe some
fruit. They had little whole apples that she liked. We never ate dressing or
prepared salads like potato or pasta. If there was soup or rolls available,
I don't recall. I know we never ate them.

Here, you do see some really large people, but most are not. But keep in
mind, depending on your height, an additional 10 pounds could make you in
the overweight category.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Cheesebuger Casserole for dinner - Sheldon

On Wed, 2 Dec 2020 14:58:56 -0800 (PST), dsi1 >
wrote:

>On Wednesday, December 2, 2020 at 11:51:25 AM UTC-10, Bruce wrote:
>> On Wed, 2 Dec 2020 13:46:56 -0800 (PST), dsi1 >
>> wrote:

>> >Hawaii has historically had the lowest obesity rates and the highest lifespans in America. This is despite the fact that we got a lot of South Pacific islanders here that are heavyweights. This tells me that obesity on the mainland must be simply awful. Lumping in new arrivals from impoverished countries would actually skew the rates downward - you ultra dumb schmuck.
>> >
>> >My guess is that the only way to stop the rising obesity rates on the mainland would be to import more lightweight people from impoverished countries. My guess is that it's gonna take a lot of new people. Welcome to America you skinny, impoverished, peoples!
>> >
>> >https://www.usnews.com/news/best-sta...rates?slide=12

>> I wonder if there's a correlation between being obese and being
>> deplorable.

>If you're implying that fat folks are dumb folks, I'm not prepared to make a comment on that at this time. Just ask Sheldon. The truth will probably be the opposite of whatever he says. It usually is.

Ok. Sheldon, are deplorable people more often obese?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 2 Dec 2020 15:54:06 -0800 (PST), Bryan Simmons
> wrote:

>On Wednesday, December 2, 2020 at 5:10:50 PM UTC-6, Bruce wrote:
>> dsi1 wrote:
>>
>> > If you're implying that fat folks are dumb folks, I'm not prepared to make a comment on that at this time. Just ask Sheldon. The truth will probably be the opposite of whatever he says. It usually is.

>> Do you measure your anal opening circumference with a micrometer or a yardstick?

>Bruce, that's the kind of thing that Hank would type about *you*. It's not
>clever or funny. Have you decided, if you can't beat them, join them?

Most of "my" posts today are frogging posts by Greg Sorrow. Just look
at the headers (if one can in GG).
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bruce wrote:
> On Wed, 02 Dec 2020 15:25:38 -0500, Sheldon Martin >
> wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 2 Dec 2020 06:05:28 -0800 (PST), Bruce
>> > wrote:

>>> With "food" like this no wonder americans are the fattest on the planet.

>> Actually the fattest people are from the warmest climates like ukelele
>> land. Most Americans maintain a proper weight, just don't lump in
>> recent arrivals... those from impoverished countries can't stop
>> eating. Bruthe is an ultra dumb schmuck.

> You're an ultra dumb schmuck for not realising that Greg Sorrow wrote
> that.

Well, to be fair, that post was *Exactly* the kind of shit you
always say.

One could easily believe it was you Gruce.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 2 Dec 2020 15:59:31 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>"Bruce" > wrote in message
>> wrote:
>>
>>> It's a Paula Deen recipe. Actually, I'll have it tomorrow. Walmart sent
>>> me
>>> some ground beef that needed to be used right away. So... I made this
>>> with a
>>> few modifications. No W. sauce. Never have it in the house. Used Rotini
>>> instead, and the whole 16 oz. bag. I think that was a good call. Would
>>> have
>>> been too meaty otherwise. Also used 4 cups of cheese. Mixed most of it in
>>> and just put a little on top. I can't imagine 3 cups on top!
>>>
>>> I did taste it. It's good although very similar to something I
>>> occasionally
>>> make.
>>>
>>> Link to recipe:
>>>
>>> https://www.pauladeen.com/recipe/che...ger-casserole/

>> With "food" like this no wonder americans are the fattest on the planet.

>Why do you say that?

Greg Sorrow said that.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" > wrote in message
On Wednesday, December 2, 2020 at 10:25:47 AM UTC-10, Sheldon wrote:
> On Wed, 2 Dec 2020 06:05:28 -0800 (PST), Bruce

> >> It's a Paula Deen recipe. Actually, I'll have it tomorrow. Walmart sent
> >> me
> >> some ground beef that needed to be used right away. So... I made this
> >> with a
> >> few modifications. No W. sauce. Never have it in the house. Used Rotini
> >> instead, and the whole 16 oz. bag. I think that was a good call. Would
> >> have
> >> been too meaty otherwise. Also used 4 cups of cheese. Mixed most of it
> >> in
> >> and just put a little on top. I can't imagine 3 cups on top!
> >>
> >> I did taste it. It's good although very similar to something I
> >> occasionally
> >> make.
> >>
> >> Link to recipe:
> >>
> >> https://www.pauladeen.com/recipe/che...ger-casserole/

> >With "food" like this no wonder americans are the fattest on the planet.

> Actually the fattest people are from the warmest climates like ukelele
> land. Most Americans maintain a proper weight, just don't lump in
> recent arrivals... those from impoverished countries can't stop
> eating. Bruthe is an ultra dumb schmuck.

Hawaii has historically had the lowest obesity rates and the highest
lifespans in America. This is despite the fact that we got a lot of South
Pacific islanders here that are heavyweights. This tells me that obesity on
the mainland must be simply awful. Lumping in new arrivals from impoverished
countries would actually skew the rates downward - you ultra dumb schmuck.

My guess is that the only way to stop the rising obesity rates on the
mainland would be to import more lightweight people from impoverished
countries. My guess is that it's gonna take a lot of new people. Welcome to
America you skinny, impoverished, peoples!

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-sta...rates?slide=12

---

I think you're right! I am constantly astounded at people around here now.
There's a big push to support small businesses. I get that. But most of the
small businesses around here are restaurants. So they are getting takeout or
delivery pretty much every day.

Most of the restaurants have limited menus now and many are doing family
dinners. They'll have a choice of two or three things. Appetizer, soup or
salad, bread or rolls, main, dessert and cocktails to go. Very expensive
too!

Aside from pizza, the only time I had food delivered was when I was too sick
or injured to get food any other way. And I learned that most of it does not
transport well. Asian good is generally the exception.

This totally boggles me. Why would anyone want to eat this kind of food? For
the most part, I don't even like restaurant food. I can make much better and
cheaper food at home.

From what I have read on FB, these people are stuffing themselves daily and
not exercising because the gyms were closed. They're gaining weight.

I was exercising at home but I had to lay off for a variety of reasons. My
weight is still down though. I buy healthy foods. If I don't bring it home,
I can't eat it.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Doris Night" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 1 Dec 2020 20:49:11 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>
>>I made this with a
>>few modifications. No W. sauce. Never have it in the house. Used Rotini
>>instead, and the whole 16 oz. bag.

> Had to read that a few times, then go look at the actual recipe to
> figure out what you were trying to say. I originally was thinking
> "How is a bag of Rotini a substitute for Worcestershire sauce?"

Sorry. Thought I mentioned the egg noodles.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2020-12-02 7:14 p.m., Julie Bove wrote:

>> Actually the fattest people are from the warmest climates like ukelele
>> land.Â* Most Americans maintain a proper weight, just don't lump in
>> recent arrivals... those from impoverished countries can't stop
>> eating.Â* Bruthe is an ultra dumb schmuck.

> What? I just heard on the radio that 40% of Americans are obese. I think
> whether you see them or not, depends on where you live.
>
> I don't recall seeing too many in NY. Perhaps because people walk a lot
> there. But in CA? Yow! At least in Alameda.My ex hated going to Sizzler,
> or as he called it, Porker's Palace. Why? We were surrounded by grossly
> obese people in there. Severely grossly obese! He found the sight to be
> off-putting.

Sheldon is partly right. Obesity rates tend to be based on the
percentage of people who fit the definition of obesity. The ten nations
in the world with the highest obesity rates are in the south Pacific.
Right behind them is Kuwait, and then the USA is number 12. Canada is 26
and Australia is right behind us just a slight percentage less.

When it comes to the heaviest people Wikipedia's list of the world's
heaviest people has 30 people on it, 1 in Egypt, 1 in Australia, 1 in
Saudi Arabia, 4 from Mexico and the rest are all in the US.

We have lots of obese people here in southern Ontario, but when I cross
the border in western NY state I see a lot a drastic difference in the
number of obese people, but I also see people who are way, way fatter
than any I see here. Curiously, they are often much dressed. Apparently
there are so many really fat people that there is a market for the much
larger sizes.

> I am not sure what those people ate. But I do know that I didn't see
> them much at the salad bar.
>
> Angela and I would go there for dinner once in a while. She was young
> enough to get the salad bar for free. I always ordered the special which
> was usually some kin do of chicken, vegetable and starch. I asked to
> have it boxed to go. I saved this for my ex to eat later when he got
> home from work. He did like the food. Just didn't like going in there.
> The meal came with salad bar so I had that.
>
> The salad bar also had some pizza and pasta, both of which sat on the
> steam table, so not good. Angela and I ate the vegetables, cheese and
> maybe some fruit. They had little whole apples that she liked. We never
> ate dressing or prepared salads like potato or pasta. If there was soup
> or rolls available, I don't recall. I know we never ate them.
>
> Here, you do see some really large people, but most are not. But keep in
> mind, depending on your height, an additional 10 pounds could make you
> in the overweight category.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bruce wrote:
> On Wed, 2 Dec 2020 15:59:31 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:

>>> With "food" like this no wonder americans are the fattest on the planet.

>> Why do you say that?

> Greg Sorrow said that.

Hell he's a better druce than you Druce!

I wonder if he'll start spewing ingredient lists next.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 2 Dec 2020 20:05:01 -0500, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>On 2020-12-02 7:14 p.m., Julie Bove wrote:
>>

>>> Actually the fattest people are from the warmest climates like ukelele
>>> land.Â* Most Americans maintain a proper weight, just don't lump in
>>> recent arrivals... those from impoverished countries can't stop
>>> eating.Â* Bruthe is an ultra dumb schmuck.

>> What? I just heard on the radio that 40% of Americans are obese. I think
>> whether you see them or not, depends on where you live.
>>
>> I don't recall seeing too many in NY. Perhaps because people walk a lot
>> there. But in CA? Yow! At least in Alameda.My ex hated going to Sizzler,
>> or as he called it, Porker's Palace. Why? We were surrounded by grossly
>> obese people in there. Severely grossly obese! He found the sight to be
>> off-putting.

>Sheldon is partly right. Obesity rates tend to be based on the
>percentage of people who fit the definition of obesity.

Hold that thought! This is a breakthrough idea!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 1 Dec 2020 20:49:11 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>It's a Paula Deen recipe. Actually, I'll have it tomorrow. Walmart sent me
>some ground beef that needed to be used right away. So... I made this with a
>few modifications. No W. sauce. Never have it in the house. Used Rotini
>instead, and the whole 16 oz. bag. I think that was a good call. Would have
>been too meaty otherwise. Also used 4 cups of cheese. Mixed most of it in
>and just put a little on top. I can't imagine 3 cups on top!
>
>I did taste it. It's good although very similar to something I occasionally
>make.
>
>Link to recipe:
>
>https://www.pauladeen.com/recipe/che...ger-casserole/

Trailer Park version
1/2 lb ground beef, browned with 1 teaspoon dried onion.
1 box Kraft Dinner.

Cook Kraft Dinner as per box. If ya don't got any butter or oleo do
not drain the hamburger.

Mix meat & Kraft. Serve with white bread.
Posted to rec.food.cooking
GM GM is offline

Hank Rogers wrote:

> Bruce wrote:
> > On Wed, 02 Dec 2020 15:25:38 -0500, Sheldon Martin >
> > wrote:
> >
> >> On Wed, 2 Dec 2020 06:05:28 -0800 (PST), Bruce

> >> Actually the fattest people are from the warmest climates like ukelele
> >> land. Most Americans maintain a proper weight, just don't lump in
> >> recent arrivals... those from impoverished countries can't stop
> >> eating. Bruthe is an ultra dumb schmuck.

> > You're an ultra dumb schmuck for not realising that Greg Sorrow wrote
> > that.
> >

> Well, to be fair, that post was *Exactly* the kind of shit you
> always say.
>
> One could easily believe it was you Gruce.

"The more things change, the more they stay the same..."

<chuckle>

--
Best
Greg