Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Bread problem

When making bread in my bread machine I am having a minor problem. The
bread slices break apart easily. I am using the regular white bread recipe
from the machine manual. Is there anything I can change or add to the
recipe to fix this? Or can you suggest a better bread machine recipe?

TIA

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/19/2020 8:31 AM, KenK wrote:
> When making bread in my bread machine I am having a minor problem. The
> bread slices break apart easily. I am using the regular white bread recipe
> from the machine manual. Is there anything I can change or add to the
> recipe to fix this? Or can you suggest a better bread machine recipe?
>
> TIA

What flour are you using ? Is your bread rising well ? I use an
unbleached baking flour (Seal of Minnesota) and am very happy with the
results . When using AP flour my bread was just "OK" , now it's a lot
better .
--
Snag
Illegitimi non
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Snag > wrote in :

> On 10/19/2020 8:31 AM, KenK wrote:
>> When making bread in my bread machine I am having a minor problem.
>> The bread slices break apart easily. I am using the regular white
>> bread recipe from the machine manual. Is there anything I can change
>> or add to the recipe to fix this? Or can you suggest a better bread
>> machine recipe?
>>
>> TIA
>>

> What flour are you using ? Is your bread rising well ? I use an
> unbleached baking flour (Seal of Minnesota) and am very happy with the
> results . When using AP flour my bread was just "OK" , now it's a lot
> better .

Gold Medal bread flour. Also bread machine yeast. Yes, loaf rises well -
fills the machine nicely. I tried AP flour and active dry yeast but the
loaf was very small, lumpy and dense. Barely edible.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/19/2020 12:22 PM, KenK wrote:
> Snag > wrote in :
>
>> On 10/19/2020 8:31 AM, KenK wrote:
>>> When making bread in my bread machine I am having a minor problem.
>>> The bread slices break apart easily. I am using the regular white
>>> bread recipe from the machine manual. Is there anything I can change
>>> or add to the recipe to fix this? Or can you suggest a better bread
>>> machine recipe?
>>>
>>> TIA
>>>

>> What flour are you using ? Is your bread rising well ? I use an
>> unbleached baking flour (Seal of Minnesota) and am very happy with the
>> results . When using AP flour my bread was just "OK" , now it's a lot
>> better .

> Gold Medal bread flour. Also bread machine yeast. Yes, loaf rises well -
> fills the machine nicely. I tried AP flour and active dry yeast but the
> loaf was very small, lumpy and dense. Barely edible.

Yeah , I saw that post too . I suggest you try adding a tablespoon or
two more water than the recipe calls for . The moisture content of flour
can vary from bag to bag . If you have loaf pans (mine are 2 3/4 x 4 1/4
x 8 1/2 , make a 1 lb loaf) Try this recipe using the dough only setting
on your machine .

1 1/4 c hot water
1/3 c veggie oil
1/2 tbsp salt
2 1/2 tbsp sugar
3 1/2 cups flour
1 rounded tbsp yeast
Add to machine in order listed , process on dough cycle .
Divide into 2 loaves at end of cycle , flatten and roll up the dough and
place into well oiled loaf pans - I use olive oil cooking spray . Spray
tops of loaves with oil too , cover with wax paper or clean dish towel
for 30-45 minutes - I bake when it's about 1 1/2 inches over the pan.
Bake at 375°F for 30 minutes plus/minus or until browned how you like
it , lightly butter tops of fresh loaves and turn out onto a wire rack
to cool . Leaving it in the pan makes it soggy ...

I use this recipe for all my loaves and buns , but I use the stand
mixer and turn the dough out into a Pyrex bowl for the first rise .
--
Snag
Illegitimi non
Posted to rec.food.cooking

KenK wrote:

> When making bread in my bread machine I am having a minor problem.
> The bread slices break apart easily. I am using the regular white
> bread recipe from the machine manual. Is there anything I can change
> or add to the recipe to fix this? Or can you suggest a better bread
> machine recipe?
>
> TIA

Post the recipe? Hard to recommend a change when we don't know what
you are starting from.

Next is are you trying to cut it when still hot? That can cause that
(mostly with white breads).

Posted to rec.food.cooking

KenK wrote:

> Snag > wrote in :
>
> > On 10/19/2020 8:31 AM, KenK wrote:
> >> When making bread in my bread machine I am having a minor problem.
> >> The bread slices break apart easily. I am using the regular white
> >> bread recipe from the machine manual. Is there anything I can

> change >> or add to the recipe to fix this? Or can you suggest a
> better bread >> machine recipe?
> >>
> >> TIA
> >>

> > What flour are you using ? Is your bread rising well ? I use an
> > unbleached baking flour (Seal of Minnesota) and am very happy with
> > the results . When using AP flour my bread was just "OK" , now it's
> > a lot better .

> Gold Medal bread flour. Also bread machine yeast. Yes, loaf rises
> well - fills the machine nicely. I tried AP flour and active dry
> yeast but the loaf was very small, lumpy and dense. Barely edible.

Local flour must be low gluten. Can be adjusted with Vital Wheat
Gluten. Normally about 1/2ts per cup of flour but may not need that
much.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"heyjoe" > wrote in message
> On 19 Oct 2020 13:31:28 GMT
> in Message-ID: >
> KenK wrote :
>
>> When making bread in my bread machine I am having a minor problem. The
>> bread slices break apart easily. I am using the regular white bread
>> recipe
>> from the machine manual. Is there anything I can change or add to the
>> recipe to fix this? Or can you suggest a better bread machine recipe?

> So . . . what is the problem? Based on your brief text, I don't see a
> problem.

The bread slices fall apart easily.

Crust problem with second batch of bread D. T. Green General Cooking 27 02-06-2012 06:49 AM
Raisin bread problem LENPAT Baking 3 18-06-2011 02:06 AM
problem with 2nd rise (yeast bread) Douglas Frank Baking 4 06-03-2009 02:03 PM
Bread proofing oven problem hutchndi Baking 8 10-01-2006 11:02 PM
Seeds-falling-off-bread problem [email protected] Baking 7 15-12-2004 02:19 PM