Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Spooktacular tarts for Halloween

This is my wife's original recipe. She was fine with me sharing it.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/155222...posted-public/

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, October 10, 2020 at 12:52:23 PM UTC-5, wrote:

> This is my wife's original recipe. She was fine with me sharing it.
>
> https://www.flickr.com/photos/155222...posted-public/
>
> --Bryan

Ok.
Posted to rec.food.cooking
GM GM is offline

wrote:

> On Saturday, October 10, 2020 at 12:52:23 PM UTC-5, wrote:
> >
> > This is my wife's original recipe. She was fine with me sharing it.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/155222...posted-public/

> > --Bryan
> >

> Ok.

Lol...my sentiments exactly...

A thoroughly lame post, should at least show a "finished product"...

--
Best
Greg
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 10 Oct 2020 10:52:18 -0700 (PDT), Bryan Simmons
> wrote:

>This is my wife's original recipe. She was fine with me sharing it.
>
>https://www.flickr.com/photos/155222...posted-public/

The implicit racism is appalling.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 11 Oct 2020 05:25:37 +1100, Jeßus > wrote:

>On Sat, 10 Oct 2020 10:52:18 -0700 (PDT), Bryan Simmons
> wrote:
>
>>This is my wife's original recipe. She was fine with me sharing it.
>>
>>https://www.flickr.com/photos/155222...posted-public/

>The implicit racism is appalling.

How woke of you. Marxist!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, October 10, 2020 at 1:15:52 PM UTC-5, GM wrote:
> wrote:
>
> > On Saturday, October 10, 2020 at 12:52:23 PM UTC-5, wrote:
> > >
> > > This is my wife's original recipe. She was fine with me sharing it.
> > >
> > > https://www.flickr.com/photos/155222...posted-public/
> > >
> > > --Bryan
> > >

> > Ok.

> Lol...my sentiments exactly...
>
> A thoroughly lame post, should at least show a "finished product"...

Top view. Finished tart. Are you blind?

> --
> Best
> Greg

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking
GM GM is offline

On Saturday, October 10, 2020 at 1:49:29 PM UTC-5, wrote:
> On Saturday, October 10, 2020 at 1:15:52 PM UTC-5, GM wrote:
> > wrote:

> > > Ok.

> > Lol...my sentiments exactly...
> >
> > A thoroughly lame post, should at least show a "finished product"...

> Top view. Finished tart. Are you blind?
> >
> > --
> > Best
> > Greg

> --Bryan

Stolen from the 'net...and YOU are BUSTED...!!!

--
Best
Greg
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, October 10, 2020 at 1:15:52 PM UTC-5, GM wrote:

> wrote:
>
> > On Saturday, October 10, 2020 at 12:52:23 PM UTC-5, wrote:
> > >
> > > This is my wife's original recipe. She was fine with me sharing it.
> > >
> > > https://www.flickr.com/photos/155222...posted-public/
> > >
> > > --Bryan
> > >

> > Ok.

> Lol...my sentiments exactly...
>
> Best
> Greg

I'm not a fan of blackberries but I can stand a Christmas jam cake IF it's made with
seedless blackberry jam. Definitely not a fan of any fruit and chocolate combination.
Well, once in a while a chocolate covered cherry piece of candy.
Posted to rec.food.cooking
GM GM is offline

wrote:

> On Saturday, October 10, 2020 at 1:15:52 PM UTC-5, GM wrote:
> >
> > wrote:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/155222...posted-public/

> > > Ok.

> > Lol...my sentiments exactly...
> >
> > Best
> > Greg
> >

> I'm not a fan of blackberries but I can stand a Christmas jam cake IF it's made with
> seedless blackberry jam. Definitely not a fan of any fruit and chocolate combination.
> Well, once in a while a chocolate covered cherry piece of candy.

About the same here...and the "straining the seeds out of blackberries" in this recipe is TEDIOUS in the extreme...someone else can do that work...

I do like choco - covered cherries around the holidaze...

--
Best
Greg
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 10 Oct 2020 14:15:50 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:

>I'm not a fan of blackberries but I can stand a Christmas jam cake IF it's made with
>seedless blackberry jam.

Blasphemy Delicious and very good for you.

> Definitely not a fan of any fruit and chocolate combination.
>Well, once in a while a chocolate covered cherry piece of candy.

I love combining cherries with cacao in smoothies.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, October 10, 2020 at 4:37:22 PM UTC-5, Jeßus wrote:

> On Sat, 10 Oct 2020 14:15:50 -0700 (PDT), "
> > wrote:
>
> >I'm not a fan of blackberries but I can stand a Christmas jam cake IF it's made with
> >seedless blackberry jam.
> >

> Blasphemy Delicious and very good for you.

The jam cake is delicious if seedless jam is used as the batter and icing removes any
hint of those evil, tart berries. Everybody says how sweet blackberries are but they
come across to me about as tart as a lemon no matter how ripe. There's a funny
aftertaste, to me, with those things, too.

> > Definitely not a fan of any fruit and chocolate combination.
> >Well, once in a while a chocolate covered cherry piece of candy.
> >

> I love combining cherries with cacao in smoothies.

Give me either one, but not together.
Black Forest cake? Nooooooooooo.
Chocolate covered raisins? Noooooooooo.
Chocolate covered strawberries? Noooooooooo.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 10 Oct 2020 14:46:40 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:

>On Saturday, October 10, 2020 at 4:37:22 PM UTC-5, Jeßus wrote:
>>
>> On Sat, 10 Oct 2020 14:15:50 -0700 (PDT), "
>> > wrote:
>>
>> >I'm not a fan of blackberries but I can stand a Christmas jam cake IF it's made with
>> >seedless blackberry jam.
>> >

>> Blasphemy Delicious and very good for you.
>>

>The jam cake is delicious if seedless jam is used as the batter and icing removes any
>hint of those evil, tart berries. Everybody says how sweet blackberries are but they
>come across to me about as tart as a lemon no matter how ripe. There's a funny
>aftertaste, to me, with those things, too.

Fair enough, I'm blessed with not having a sweet tooth... although
sometimes a curse. Wife substituted mango for apricot and made
'apricot chicken' last night. It was OK but a little sweet for me.

>> > Definitely not a fan of any fruit and chocolate combination.
>> >Well, once in a while a chocolate covered cherry piece of candy.
>> >

>> I love combining cherries with cacao in smoothies.
>>

>Give me either one, but not together.
>Black Forest cake? Nooooooooooo.

Yes, if not too sweet...

>Chocolate covered raisins? Noooooooooo.
>Chocolate covered strawberries? Noooooooooo.

Not sure about those two, but chocolate coated coffee beans? Yessss.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 11 Oct 2020 09:06:17 +1100, Jeßus > wrote:

>On Sat, 10 Oct 2020 14:46:40 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:
>
>>On Saturday, October 10, 2020 at 4:37:22 PM UTC-5, Jeßus wrote:
>>>
>>> On Sat, 10 Oct 2020 14:15:50 -0700 (PDT), "

>>> Blasphemy Delicious and very good for you.
>>>

>>The jam cake is delicious if seedless jam is used as the batter and icing removes any
>>hint of those evil, tart berries. Everybody says how sweet blackberries are but they
>>come across to me about as tart as a lemon no matter how ripe. There's a funny
>>aftertaste, to me, with those things, too.

>Fair enough, I'm blessed with not having a sweet tooth... although
>sometimes a curse. Wife substituted mango for apricot and made
>'apricot chicken' last night.

"Me husband, you wife!"
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2020-10-10 5:37 p.m., Je�us wrote:
> On Sat, 10 Oct 2020 14:15:50 -0700 (PDT), "

seedless blackberry jam.

> Blasphemy Delicious and very good for you.
>
>> Definitely not a fan of any fruit and chocolate combination.
>> Well, once in a while a chocolate covered cherry piece of candy.

> I love combining cherries with cacao in smoothies.

I hope that you have tried chocolate with hot chili. It is great.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, October 10, 2020 at 5:06:29 PM UTC-5, Jeßus wrote:
> On Sat, 10 Oct 2020 14:46:40 -0700 (PDT), "
> > wrote:
>
> Wife substituted mango for apricot and made
> 'apricot chicken' last night. It was OK but a little sweet for me.

I love me some apricot nectar cake, mango is ok.

> >Chocolate covered raisins? Noooooooooo.
> >Chocolate covered strawberries? Noooooooooo.
> >

> Not sure about those two, but chocolate coated coffee beans? Yessss.

I've seen those in the store but have never had one.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, October 10, 2020 at 5:52:29 PM UTC-5, Dave Smith wrote:

> On 2020-10-10 5:37 p.m., Je�us wrote:
>
> > I love combining cherries with cacao in smoothies.
> >

> I hope that you have tried chocolate with hot chili. It is great.

Don't laugh, but do you mean chocolate as in cocoa in the chili??
Surely you don't mean chocolate milk WITH the chili. Sorry if that
sounds ignorant but I've never heard of this that I can recall.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 10 Oct 2020 18:53:35 -0400, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>On 2020-10-10 5:37 p.m., Je?us wrote:
>> On Sat, 10 Oct 2020 14:15:50 -0700 (PDT), "

> seedless blackberry jam.
>>
>> Blasphemy Delicious and very good for you.
>>
>>> Definitely not a fan of any fruit and chocolate combination.
>>> Well, once in a while a chocolate covered cherry piece of candy.

>> I love combining cherries with cacao in smoothies.
>>

>I hope that you have tried chocolate with hot chili. It is great.

Lindt make a chilli chocolate, pretty sure that was the one I tried. I
liked it.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 10 Oct 2020 17:05:01 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:

>On Saturday, October 10, 2020 at 5:52:29 PM UTC-5, Dave Smith wrote:
>>
>> On 2020-10-10 5:37 p.m., Je?us wrote:
>>
>> > I love combining cherries with cacao in smoothies.
>> >

>> I hope that you have tried chocolate with hot chili. It is great.
>>

>Don't laugh, but do you mean chocolate as in cocoa in the chili??
>Surely you don't mean chocolate milk WITH the chili. Sorry if that
>sounds ignorant but I've never heard of this that I can recall.

https://cdn0.woolworths.media/conten...e/280452_1.jpg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 10 Oct 2020 17:02:02 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:

>On Saturday, October 10, 2020 at 5:06:29 PM UTC-5, Jeßus wrote:
>> On Sat, 10 Oct 2020 14:46:40 -0700 (PDT), "
>> > wrote:
>>
>> Wife substituted mango for apricot and made
>> 'apricot chicken' last night. It was OK but a little sweet for me.
>>

>I love me some apricot nectar cake, mango is ok.

Apricot nectar cake sounds pretty good.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 10 Oct 2020 14:15:50 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:

>On Saturday, October 10, 2020 at 1:15:52 PM UTC-5, GM wrote:
>>
>> wrote:

>> > Ok.

>> Lol...my sentiments exactly...
>>
>> Best
>> Greg
>>

>I'm not a fan of blackberries but I can stand a Christmas jam cake IF it's made with
>seedless blackberry jam. Definitely not a fan of any fruit and chocolate combination.
>Well, once in a while a chocolate covered cherry piece of candy.

Chocolate covered candied orange peel was a Barton's Bonbonaire
specialty... choice of dark or milk chocolate, I preferred the dark.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 11 Oct 2020 06:59:37 -0400, Sheldon Martin >
wrote:

>On Sat, 10 Oct 2020 14:15:50 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:

>>> Lol...my sentiments exactly...
>>>
>>> Best
>>> Greg
>>>

>>I'm not a fan of blackberries but I can stand a Christmas jam cake IF it's made with
>>seedless blackberry jam. Definitely not a fan of any fruit and chocolate combination.
>>Well, once in a while a chocolate covered cherry piece of candy.

>Chocolate covered candied orange peel was a Barton's Bonbonaire
>specialty...

Let me guess: a kosher chocolaterie in New York?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

https://www.flickr.com/photos/155222...dateposted-pub
>> lic/
>>
>> --Bryan
>>

> Ok.

Attention seeking probably.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 11 Oct 2020 22:04:17 +1100, Bruce > wrote:

>On Sun, 11 Oct 2020 06:59:37 -0400, Sheldon Martin >
>wrote:
>
>>On Sat, 10 Oct 2020 14:15:50 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:

>>>I'm not a fan of blackberries but I can stand a Christmas jam cake IF it's made with
>>>seedless blackberry jam. Definitely not a fan of any fruit and chocolate combination.
>>>Well, once in a while a chocolate covered cherry piece of candy.

>>Chocolate covered candied orange peel was a Barton's Bonbonaire
>>specialty...

>Let me guess: a kosher chocolaterie in New York?

Idiot/Bigot, most all commercially packaged foods are kosher,
especially confections... let me guess: Brucie has the IQ of pond
scum. A real Noo Yawker would say "Looks like Brucie, smells like
Brucie, good thing we didn't step in it".

Posted to rec.food.cooking
GM GM is offline

On Sunday, October 11, 2020 at 7:06:02 AM UTC-5, Sheldon wrote:
> On Sun, 11 Oct 2020 22:04:17 +1100, Bruce > wrote:
>
> >On Sun, 11 Oct 2020 06:59:37 -0400, Sheldon Martin >
> >wrote:

> >>Chocolate covered candied orange peel was a Barton's Bonbonaire
> >>specialty...

> >Let me guess: a kosher chocolaterie in New York?

> Idiot/Bigot, most all commercially packaged foods are kosher,
> especially confections... let me guess: Brucie has the IQ of pond
> scum. A real Noo Yawker would say "Looks like Brucie, smells like
> Brucie, good thing we didn't step in it".

Lol...TRVTH...!!!

--
Best
Greg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2020-10-10 11:59 p.m., Je�us wrote:
> On Sat, 10 Oct 2020 18:53:35 -0400, Dave Smith

>> I hope that you have tried chocolate with hot chili. It is great.

> Lindt make a chilli chocolate, pretty sure that was the one I tried. I
> liked it.

That's the one I get. I got some one day and right next to the chili
chocolate they had wasabi chocolate on sale. My immediate thought was
that since the chili chocolate was so good the wasabi one should be good
do. What I should have considered was that it was on sale because it
wasn't selling. It was awful. It was so bad that after trying one square
I threw it out.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 11 Oct 2020 12:18:33 -0400, Dave Smith wrote:

> On 2020-10-10 11:59 p.m., Je�us wrote:
>> On Sat, 10 Oct 2020 18:53:35 -0400, Dave Smith

>>> I hope that you have tried chocolate with hot chili. It is great.

>> Lindt make a chilli chocolate, pretty sure that was the one I tried. I
>> liked it.
>>

> That's the one I get. I got some one day and right next to the chili
> chocolate they had wasabi chocolate on sale. My immediate thought was
> that since the chili chocolate was so good the wasabi one should be good
> do. What I should have considered was that it was on sale because it
> wasn't selling. It was awful. It was so bad that after trying one square
> I threw it out.

I think it's the pervasive smell of wasabi that puts me off sushi.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sheldon Martin wrote:
> On Sat, 10 Oct 2020 14:15:50 -0700 (PDT), "
> > wrote:

>>> Lol...my sentiments exactly...
>>>
>>> Best
>>> Greg
>>>

>> I'm not a fan of blackberries but I can stand a Christmas jam cake IF it's made with
>> seedless blackberry jam. Definitely not a fan of any fruit and chocolate combination.
>> Well, once in a while a chocolate covered cherry piece of candy.

> Chocolate covered candied orange peel was a Barton's Bonbonaire
> specialty... choice of dark or milk chocolate, I preferred the dark.

Don't forget Popeye, about all those chocolate covered pineapples
yoose ate.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2020-10-11 1:22 p.m., Graham wrote:
> On Sun, 11 Oct 2020 12:18:33 -0400, Dave Smith wrote:
>
>> On 2020-10-10 11:59 p.m., Je�us wrote:
>>> On Sat, 10 Oct 2020 18:53:35 -0400, Dave Smith

>>> Lindt make a chilli chocolate, pretty sure that was the one I tried. I
>>> liked it.
>>>

>> That's the one I get. I got some one day and right next to the chili
>> chocolate they had wasabi chocolate on sale. My immediate thought was
>> that since the chili chocolate was so good the wasabi one should be good
>> do. What I should have considered was that it was on sale because it
>> wasn't selling. It was awful. It was so bad that after trying one square
>> I threw it out.

> I think it's the pervasive smell of wasabi that puts me off sushi.

I had to learn how to put just the tiniest little bit on. It's a damned
shame to have all those nice, subtle, fresh flavours and then to drown
it out with the overpowering wasabi.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 11 Oct 2020 11:22:32 -0600, Graham > wrote:

>On Sun, 11 Oct 2020 12:18:33 -0400, Dave Smith wrote:
>
>> On 2020-10-10 11:59 p.m., Je?us wrote:
>>> On Sat, 10 Oct 2020 18:53:35 -0400, Dave Smith

>>> Lindt make a chilli chocolate, pretty sure that was the one I tried. I
>>> liked it.
>>>

>> That's the one I get. I got some one day and right next to the chili
>> chocolate they had wasabi chocolate on sale. My immediate thought was
>> that since the chili chocolate was so good the wasabi one should be good
>> do. What I should have considered was that it was on sale because it
>> wasn't selling. It was awful. It was so bad that after trying one square
>> I threw it out.

>I think it's the pervasive smell of wasabi that puts me off sushi.

Have it without wasabi.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, October 10, 2020 at 11:00:17 PM UTC-5, Jeßus wrote:

> https://cdn0.woolworths.media/conten...e/280452_1.jpg

Is it cooked IN the chili or do you just break off a square, plop it in the bowl, then
a ladle of chili on top to melt the chocolate then dig in??
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 11 Oct 2020 12:23:24 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:

>On Saturday, October 10, 2020 at 11:00:17 PM UTC-5, Jeßus wrote:
>>
>> https://cdn0.woolworths.media/conten...e/280452_1.jpg
>>

>Is it cooked IN the chili or do you just break off a square, plop it in the bowl, then
>a ladle of chili on top to melt the chocolate then dig in??

The chilli is in the chocolate. We're talking chilli peppers here.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 11 Oct 2020 12:18:33 -0400, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>On 2020-10-10 11:59 p.m., Je?us wrote:
>> On Sat, 10 Oct 2020 18:53:35 -0400, Dave Smith

>>> I hope that you have tried chocolate with hot chili. It is great.

>> Lindt make a chilli chocolate, pretty sure that was the one I tried. I
>> liked it.
>>

>That's the one I get. I got some one day and right next to the chili
>chocolate they had wasabi chocolate on sale. My immediate thought was
>that since the chili chocolate was so good the wasabi one should be good
>do. What I should have considered was that it was on sale because it
>wasn't selling. It was awful. It was so bad that after trying one square
>I threw it out.

Thinking about it, I'd probably wouldn't like that combination either.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, October 10, 2020 at 1:59:32 PM UTC-5, GM wrote:
> On Saturday, October 10, 2020 at 1:49:29 PM UTC-5, wrote:

> > > Lol...my sentiments exactly...
> > >
> > > A thoroughly lame post, should at least show a "finished product"...

> > Top view. Finished tart. Are you blind?
> > >
> > > --
> > > Best
> > > Greg

> > --Bryan

> Stolen from the 'net...and YOU are BUSTED...!!!

Post a link, rimjob boy.

> --
> Best
> Greg

--Bryan

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, October 12, 2020 at 2:18:26 PM UTC-5, Jeßus wrote:

> On Sun, 11 Oct 2020 12:23:24 -0700 (PDT), "
> > wrote:
>
> >On Saturday, October 10, 2020 at 11:00:17 PM UTC-5, Jeßus wrote:
> >>
> >> https://cdn0.woolworths.media/conten...e/280452_1.jpg
> >>

> >Is it cooked IN the chili or do you just break off a square, plop it in the bowl, then
> >a ladle of chili on top to melt the chocolate then dig in??

> The chilli is in the chocolate. We're talking chilli peppers here.

Yes, I see the chili pepper on the wrapper and knew it would be in the chocolate bar.
But do you break the chocolate up and put it in the pot to cook with the chili? Or do
you put a square of the chocolate in the bowl to melt and then dig in??
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 12 Oct 2020 15:52:05 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:

>On Monday, October 12, 2020 at 2:18:26 PM UTC-5, Jeßus wrote:
>>
>> On Sun, 11 Oct 2020 12:23:24 -0700 (PDT), "
>> > wrote:

>> >Is it cooked IN the chili or do you just break off a square, plop it in the bowl, then
>> >a ladle of chili on top to melt the chocolate then dig in??

>> The chilli is in the chocolate. We're talking chilli peppers here.
>>

>Yes, I see the chili pepper on the wrapper and knew it would be in the chocolate bar.
>But do you break the chocolate up and put it in the pot to cook with the chili? Or do
>you put a square of the chocolate in the bowl to melt and then dig in??

You just eat the chili pepper laced chocolate.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, October 12, 2020 at 6:07:51 PM UTC-5, Dave Smith wrote:

> You break of a square of the chili chocolate and eat it. It is delicious.

Ok, thanks to you and Bruce for clearing this up.

Tarts? Pies? jmcquown[_2_] General Cooking 0 07-11-2011 03:18 PM
pop tarts Henry Recipes 0 22-10-2005 01:19 AM
Tarts TammyM General Cooking 3 28-07-2005 04:20 PM
Grape Pop tarts Grizzman General Cooking 4 30-05-2005 05:56 PM
Lemon Tarts Daryl S. Kabatoff Baking 3 05-03-2004 03:39 AM